Westinghouse WSF6608 Series

60 questions from our users

Janelle H
Janelle Hasked
WSF6608 Series

My WSF6608 dishwasher has residual water left in bottom only had installed by new kitchen installers a few months and rarely used is this normal

Fiona Millar

Yes. You need to clean out the filter at the bottom. It’s a crap dishwasher and you need to rinse everything before putting it in to prevent this.

Andrew W.
Andrew W.asked
WSF6608 Series

I have an F9 error coming up. I heard a pop sound and smell of smoke. Only 3 years old so not sure if it’s worth fixing or whether there is a recall on this model. How much to fix?

Fiona Millar

Contact the customer care team, see if they can help? F9 is a faulty divertor valve if that helps at all?

Garyasked
WSF6608 Series

When you select a program can it be retained for use every time you turn it on?

JulesFP

I didn't know that you could do this but discovered that you can, it's on p8 of the instruction book. 1. Select the program that you want to select using the PROGRAM button. 2. Add suitable options (extra rinse etc) if you want any. 3. Press PROGRAM and DELAY buttons together and it will be saved. 4. When you want to use your favourite program press PROGRAM button for three seconds and it will select your favourite program. So now we know!

Gary

Thanks JulesFP, one question, where is the Delay button?

Ring Westinghouse

Liz B.
Liz B.asked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

The programme and start pause buttons on my WSF6608x are not responding when pressed - there is no fault Indicated and the lights are still on but not able to run the dishwasher. I have tried turning the power on and off but to no avail. Nothing mentioned in troubleshooter in manual for this problem but just wondering if there is a simple solution before we have to call a technician in.

JulesFP

I think you will have to call the store you bought it from or a technician, unfortunately. We've never had that issue. Good luck!

Ring Westinghouse

Lyndon J.
Lyndon J.asked
WSF6608 Series

After wash condensation issue. Is it a problem with the machine or is there any solutions to this

JulesFP

We get that too, I have to top up the rinse-aid very frequently and that seems to help. I think a lot of water also drops from the dreaded cutlery tray onto the things below.

Fiona Millar

We have the same problem, even when using extra dry setting, everything is still wet at the end of the cycle.

Kathy  Robertson
Kathy Robertsonasked
WSF6608 Series

As a new dishwasher owner (never had one before) I have been looking forward to a great experience. But not so great! I too have issues with dinner plates being just slightly too tall and the top rotor catches. Have tried lifting the top basket but then can't put in dessert plated in this basket as it catches on the top cutlery tray and becomes stuck. I am not at all happy as I put in a lot of time an effort choosing a good dishwasher. Surely there is something I can do about this. I have taken to keeping the top basket lower an risking the blades knocking the plates. Is this going to cause damage to the rotating blade?? Surely the manufacturer would have taken this into account, a fairly basic requirement to fit dinner plates in the bottom and dessert plates in the top.
I have also just recently had an issue with the tablets not dissolving, leaving some dishes not properly cleaned. I have just changed from a cheaper tablet to Finish Powerball Quantum Ultimate which I thought was the ultimate in dishwashing tablets. Any ideas on these issues for me, as at the moment I would certainly not be recommending this brand to anyone else !
If you want to email me directly my address is [Email Removed]

JulesFP

Oh that's annoying! Yes some of our plates have been too tall as well, I have had to stack them so they are leaning over a bit, which is not possible if the dishwasher's full, of course. I think the cutlery tray (which I hate) is the main issue because it means that the other shelves are compromised for height. Westinghouse (or whoever makes the machines) need to look at this issue and change it for new models otherwise we'll all be looking at changing to a different brand very soon. I think the problem with the tablets not dissolving is probably to do with the little flap that opens to release the tablet; if there is something tall in the left front rack - perhaps a plate - it can't open fully to release the tablet properly.

Kathy  Robertson
Kathy Robertson

Thanks for your feedback. I have taken to leaving the middle basket in the lower position and hoping the blade does not get damaged. Sounds like there's not much else I can do about it without getting too stressed. I am going to speak to the retailer and hopefully they can make other potential buyers aware of this problem

Reviewer R.

I would have contacted the company directly instead of this review site.

Barry W
Barry Wasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

Pressing the program button will not move to the next option every time. Takes a lot of presses to get it to move to the next program option.

JulesFP

I've never had that issue, it sounds like it is a fault, unfortunately.

TonyBasked
WSF6608 Series

I have just read right through this whole page, I see that quite a few people have asked the same question "what is an F5 error and how do I fix it?" We have the same F5 error but unfortunately no one has even attempted to answer this question ...... I'm being told that this is the normal level of "assistance" from Westinghouse so might be time for us to swap brands.

Fiona Millar

It means inadequate water supply. Water hose kinked or blocked or tap not fully open.

TonyB

Thank you, blockage must be in the machjne somewhere as it is all ok up to there.

Frank F.
Frank F.asked
WSF6608 Series

Can i remove the bench top cover of the dishwasher and will it not affect the wood covering because of the heat/ steam coming from the dishwasher?

Roger L

Don’t know,haven’t been a concern to me to have a reason to remove it.

Roger Lasked
WSF6608XA (Stainless Steel)

Why has my wfs6608x time save setting gone from 50min to 55min

Jonn
Jonnasked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

How do i fix F5 code, pipes arnt kinked?

Brett b
Brett basked
WSF6608XA (Stainless Steel)

Why does this dishwasher not dry properly. It's on extra dry cycle rinse aid set on 4 if i have to open the door every time to dry the dishes i want my money back

Paul
Paul

I have the exact same issue. Westinghouse sent out a tech that said you can only use a pinch of powder, you have to use the hygiene+ option and the Heavy setting. Made no difference whatsoever and now it's out of warranty.

Hercule1

Hi, I found the best setting for drying is to use the Heavy cycle and select Rinse + and Dry +
It will give about 30 minutes of fan drying. Hope this helps.

antonella a.
antonella a.asked
WSF6608 Series

what is the best wash cycle. My plates seem to come out not very dry even when I use the extra dry function.

Can I use more than one function as well?

Nicoleasked

What does h24 mean please

What does w24 mean please

Hercule1

Delay start has been activated. Press and hold the Cancel button for 3 seconds to cancel it.

helen l.
helen l.asked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

Does it beep at the end of washing cycle?

Julie Lyons
Julie Lyonsasked
WSF6608 Series

Why does this dishwasher leak and why does the top spray arm hit the top of regular sized dinner plates?

Margaret  A
Margaret Aasked
WSF6608 Series

Is this model still under warranty?

Joanne T.
Joanne T.asked
WSF6608X (Stainless)

my wash arm keeps falling off the bottom of the middle drawer. I click it back on Seems to stick at the water connection at the back. How do I stop this please

Mahmood A.
Mahmood A.asked
WSF6608 Series

The rinse aid light is off even when I fill it with rinse aid how can I turn it on?

Ian
Ianasked

Hi,
I have had our new Westinghouse WSF6608 dishwasher for a month or so now. The initial few loads went well - however since then it has failed to open the tablet/powder compartment so dishes don't get washed. Frustrating to say the least. Should I get a service call under warranty, or is there a simple solution?
Ian.

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Westinghouse WSF6608 Series