Westinghouse 280L Top Mount

• Internal Layout
T. Webber

T. WebberMelbourne

Highly Recommended..

This a great fridge... had for 2 years never had a problem. Highly recommended if you need a compact fridge with decent internal space and separate freezer. Plus, it looks good!

Andrea B.

Andrea B.Hunter Region, NSW

Very noisy

Compared to my previous Samsung fridge this one is very noisy. The compressor kicks in every half an hour and it's very annoying. Had a refrigerator guy to come and listen and was told that's a Westinghouse! Only got the fridge a little over a month, not happy!

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$410.00.

Household Size1 person(s)
Adrian

AdrianSydney, NSW

Good budget fridge

WE purchased this Westinghouse fridge that is touted to save energy. The fridge looks good, it is exactly the right size and the noise it makes is like water boiling. It takes some time to get used to but at least is that engine noise we expected.
All in we like the interior even though it looks like tray is missing though it may be not. We'll never know.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for A$642.00.

Household Size2 person(s)
Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse 280L Top Mount compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

rtrish

Doesn’t keep food in the door cold.

The freezer works and the main section of the fridge works. However, it isn’t cold enough in the door and doesn’t keep milk cold. I contacted Westinghouse. The first person was helpful, said it needed to be fixed or replaced. The second person said no; she “couldn’t see that there was a problem.” She told me it was my fault, that my kitchen window lets sun in, and that I OPEN THE FRIDGE DOOR. It has been tinkered with by repairs and is bearable but not as cold as my previous fridge. Sometimes I put freezer blocks next to the milk. For something that costs a chunk or money, this is not good enough. My previous fridge, a Westinghouse, was fantastic; I had it for years. Don’t know why this doesn’t work as well.

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online.

Household Size1 person(s)
rtrish

I meant to click to send to Westinghouse but failed to do so.

A K

A KSydney

Good no frills compact fridge

This review is for the white 280 liter WTB2800WG model. I bought this since it was the biggest that could fit into the small space in my kitchen - the others were 230l or so.

Advantages:
- door shelves are adjustable and removable for easy cleaning
- quiet
- decent energy star rating (3.5)

Disadvantages:
- egg holder holds 8 eggs (weird number...)
- more expensive than average for its capacity
- fridge door conversion kit costs ~$40 extra, while some brands you can do it without extra parts you have to buy

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Jeffrey C

Jeffrey CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Compact Fridge

Date PurchasedSep 2018
T G

T GMelbourne

Going strong almost 2 years later

I had to buy this fridge after my Samsung burned out, which I wasn't very happy about! Luckily the Westinghouse has had no problems. Great for a 1-2 person household. It's also easy to keep clean. The only downside I'll note is the lack of vertical space for things like bottles; however the flexible drawer configuration comes in handy as space can be made in the door for them.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Marty K

Marty KAdelaide

First one was Dead-On-Arrival

We needed a second fridge for the garage (wife was sick of seeing my fishing bait in the kitchen fridge). Decided to go with the Westinghouse. Had Westinghouse fridges previously without any issues. Ordered the fridge through an on-line retailer and was delivered a few days later. Sadly checked the contents a few days later, items in the freezer were thawing and fridge was only down to 8 degrees C. Rang the service line, got asked all the obvious questions, had the GE technician out 2 days later. Verdict - DOA. He organised a replacement which arrived a 4 days later, and fingers crossed... this one is fine so far. Nice and quiet, good freezer space, even better once I ditched the ice cube trays, should do the job nicely.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Teddy

Teddyperth

Good Beer Fridge

I bought this fridge between Christmas and new years and has done well so far.
I use it as an outside beer fridge so have it set to almost its coldest setting and keeps the beer nice and cold, and the dog food too.
No issues with noise because it's outside.
The only issue I have is that it take quite a while to get warm drinks to a drinkable temperature, but I guess thats what happens in all fridges.
Excellent value for money.

Date PurchasedDec 2017