Westinghouse 340L Top Mount WTB3400 Series

WTB3400WH (White), WTB3400AH (Arctic Silver), WTB3400PF (Vibrant Silver)

• Internal Layout

GrommetGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Westinghouse 340 litre refrigerator

I bought the fridge in early 2019, time enough to assess it. The curved lower shelf allows objects to fall off, and the freezer trays are awkward to put back. The blue tape holding parts in place is hard to remove, and some is still there. Apart from that, excellent. Power use is $80-90/year, acceptable. Swapping the door hinge took a bit of time, about the same as other fridges.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for $739.00.

CathayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for Empty Nesters

Have just had our new fridge delivered and I can honestly say it is fantastic. Just enough for the two of us. Just the correct spacing and 340L is a perfect size and height for what we now need.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for $650.00.

JSS

JSS

Well Designed

Love this fridge, I share it with 3 other house mates and we each have one shelf. This works so well for us as there is enough space to store all our own food as well as some shared food in the door storage compartments. We love it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Fantastic Furniture NSW, Dubbo for $600.00.

Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse 340L Top Mount WTB3400 Series compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Vicky

VickySydney, NSW

Great interior design

This fridge is the best fridge I have ever owned. It is very spacious inside and there's plenty of room for everything. The best part is the vegetable crisper; I can keep lettuce for 2 weeks!! And it's so quiet. Also, everything is nice and cold.

Purchased in August 2018.

David

David

Great value refrigerator

Purchased this refrigerator as I was just after something simple and affordable - but so far it has been great. Haven't had any issues whatsoever, and it looks quite good. I'd even say it looks like a more expensive model.

Purchased in August 2018 at Appliances Online.

Sanjeev K.

Sanjeev K.Sydney, NSW

Not much to complain about

Good medium range fridge and have been happy with its performance so far. If I could only change the egg tray from 10 to 12 placeholders because usually most of the egg packaging in stores nowadays contain 12 eggs and not 10. I always end up frustrated with place to find for 2 remaining eggs.
They should also include door hinge kit with the fridge.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online.

Heather Ireland

Heather IrelandGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Modern

Love internal space even though still considered a small or compact fridge for small apartment.
Impressed with freezer and ice cube compartment.
Consistency of temperature is reasonable especially as I like food extra-cold.
Door opens and closes easily.
No defrosting required which is great.
Modern design and easy to keep clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Heather Ireland

Heather IrelandGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sparkling & Economical

This fridge was a major purchase for me as I needed something that was small enough to fit in an apartment, yet big enough that I am not struggling for fridge space or having to shop multiple times each week.
Love the fact that I can have a fridge & freezer in one appliance - saves space.
Very easy to clean and no defrosting required.
Love internal space and modern design.
Quality appliance; not cheap shelves.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
frayah

frayahVictoria, Australia

Fantastic!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Suits12

Suits12South Melbourne

Basic fridge does the job

This is a very basic fridge but its good brand and works flawlessly. Its as cold as a mother in laws kiss and quiet as a mouse when running. I got it to fit into our limited kitchen space. Its surprisingly light in weight, I guess they don make em like they used to but its also more efficient than the old ones. Plenty of freezer space for its size and good flexible shelves..

Date PurchasedSept 2017
jude

judeSawtell

Great fridge

The design of this refrigerator is tall and slim ensuring it will fit in a narrower space. Great space inside and adequate freezer compartment with fitted ice tray. It is very quiet and I am usually unaware of the motor when it comes on. Glass shelves are easy to clean and the crisper has three settings to keep fruit and vegetables fresh and crisp.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Deepdene

DeepdeneMelbourne

Simple Fridge Works Well

This suits us very well. We are just a couple and its all the size we need. Its very much a traditional fridge with a clear and simple layout. The shelves are adjustable and very well laid out inside. The freezer is awesome and freeze food ever so quickly. And the best bit - it runs so quietly and smoothly. We love it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sara

SaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad fridge - support from Westinghouse Nil!

Date PurchasedMar 2010
ControlHQ

ControlHQBallarat

Great All Round Fridge

This fridge is narrow and that is exactly what we needed to fit our odd shaped kitchen. It runs extremely quietly and the freezer is excellent. There is plenty of space and it can freeze ice in no time. Our old one really struggled. The shelves are well laid out and it looks good too. We are happy with this good quality fridge.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Jori

JoriSydney

Great fridge

Very happy with this fridge, it's big enough for our family (3 people) and keeps it's temperature really well. It's quiet and easy to clean. Especially like the draw with ice cubes. We needed to change the door handle to the other side, purchased an additional kit for it but was easily done. No frosting in freezer department.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Paul

PaulAdelaide

Good Value Fridge

I primarily chose this fridge because it was the largest one that would fit in the space available. Other considerations were the nice design and the favourable reviews elsewhere. I'm happy with my decision so far. It looks great in my kitchen, seems to maintain temperature across the whole fridge, and although I hear the thing occasionally I'd still consider it to be a quiet fridge. I'm the only user of the fridge at present but I reckon it'd be suitable for 3 at least. Oh, and the ice maker is fantastic. Finally, the shelves and compartments are easily removed from the fridge for cleaning. Recommended.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Kanch H

Kanch H

A good product

The product has lots of space in comparison to the competitors. The pricing is also decent. The website I purchased from also helped in making the purchase selection easy. I bought it over a week ago, and I must say I am satisfied with the product. Happy buying everyone. It is a good product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
fairbear

fairbearvic, 3172

A Brilliant Piece Of Refidge Cooling

what a fantastic way to keep things absolutely cold this summer with my new Westinghouse top fridge / bottom freezer piece of equipment , runs like a dream , easy to keep clean and loads of pace top and bottom , highly recommend to all , i found having chosen white is the best choice as its the best way to keep it clean inside and out regards DOUG F

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Uzair

UzairSydney

Excellent Refrigerator!

Very energy efficient for the same priced other brands. 4 star energy rating which will consume only 328 KWh/year. Maintains excellent cooling temperature in both fridge and freezer. Multiple settings for different fruits and vegetables in the bottom compartment. Auto door closure just slows down before closing to avoid breaking anything in the door, specially eggs. Very quite and easy to clean fridge. Excellent for a small family.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Jenniew

JenniewAdelaide

Terrible product

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Ozgirlasked

340L Top Mount WTB3400WH (White)

fridge not cooling enough everything started defrosting in freezer. What could be the problem.
Made a funny noise on Thursday. I went away for the weekend, came back on sunday to find the back of the fridge hot and items in freezer defrosting. The fridge will not get cold enough, just cool. What do I do?

Grommet

Ozgirl, if the fridge was purchased within the last 10 years then it is within the ATO lifespan
Hence, provided that you have done nothing bad to the fridge it should be covered by Australian Consumer Law. Section 54 provides that goods must be of a certain quality, fit for the purpose, free from defects, safe and durable. Under the ACL, consumers can seek a refund, replacement or repairs if a supplier fails to satisfy its obligations in relation to consumer guarantees.

Find the receipt or a credit card transaction record and approach the retailer, who has the contract with you. Be friendly and explain things nicely. At the same time approach Westinghouse and ask what might be wrong. My best guess is that the compressor has died.

The outside back of the fridge should be dusted as dust wrecks the cooling coils - if they are exposed. Maybe eat the food before it goes off. I can assist!

Ozgirl

Hi, thanks for the information. I haven't cleaned the coils. The fridge only has an opening down the bottom of the back so I will check them.

Ruth Masked

340L Top Mount WTB3400 Series

Can the ice tray brackets be removed?

Grommet

I've been away, hence the delay in replying.

As far as I can see the bracket cannot be removed. I use the singular "bracket" as it's one piece that holds the top tray (little containers for the water, not sure of the name) and the tray underneath that catches the solid cubes. I take both out to get the ice from the top into the bottom. The top part turns over but invariably some cubes stay in the top, so it's easier to get the cubes out on the kitchen counter. After a few minutes upside down most cubes fall out. The rest are tapped lightly with a spoon. Do not use a hammer.

Oscar

Oscarasked

340L Top Mount WTB3400WH (White)

My fridge is leaking water from where the crisper is, what could be the problem

Cathay

Not sure about that one Oscar. Best check with your booklet that came with the fridge, otherwise I would email/call Westinghouse themselves and explain directly to them.

See all Westinghouse 340L Top Mount WTB3400 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Compare all 3 Westinghouse 340L Top Mount WTB3400 Series
CategoryTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsTop Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,099.00$1,049.00
Dimensions 1645 x 598 x 650 mm1645 x 598 x 650 mm1645 x 598 x 650 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Wine RackDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Wine RackDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free and Wine Rack
Colour / FinishArctic SilverWhite
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves555
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins111
Door Hinge Reversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and Right
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity