Westinghouse 340L Top Mount

• Internal Layout
Grommet

GrommetGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Westinghouse 340 litre refrigerator

I bought the fridge in early 2019, time enough to assess it. The curved lower shelf allows objects to fall off, and the freezer trays are awkward to put back. The blue tape holding parts in place is hard to remove, and some is still there. Apart from that, excellent. Power use is $80-90/year, acceptable. Swapping the door hinge took a bit of time, about the same as other fridges.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for A$739.00.

Household Size1 person(s)

CathayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for Empty Nesters

Have just had our new fridge delivered and I can honestly say it is fantastic. Just enough for the two of us. Just the correct spacing and 340L is a perfect size and height for what we now need.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$650.00.

Household Size2 person(s)
JSS

JSS

Well Designed

Love this fridge, I share it with 3 other house mates and we each have one shelf. This works so well for us as there is enough space to store all our own food as well as some shared food in the door storage compartments. We love it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Fantastic Furniture NSW, Dubbo for A$600.00.

Household Size3 person(s)
Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse 340L Top Mount compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Vicky

VickySydney, NSW

Great interior design

This fridge is the best fridge I have ever owned. It is very spacious inside and there's plenty of room for everything. The best part is the vegetable crisper; I can keep lettuce for 2 weeks!! And it's so quiet. Also, everything is nice and cold.

Purchased in August 2018.

David

David

Great value refrigerator

Purchased this refrigerator as I was just after something simple and affordable - but so far it has been great. Haven't had any issues whatsoever, and it looks quite good. I'd even say it looks like a more expensive model.

Purchased in August 2018 at Appliances Online.

Sanjeev K.

Sanjeev K.Sydney, NSW

Not much to complain about

Good medium range fridge and have been happy with its performance so far. If I could only change the egg tray from 10 to 12 placeholders because usually most of the egg packaging in stores nowadays contain 12 eggs and not 10. I always end up frustrated with place to find for 2 remaining eggs.
They should also include door hinge kit with the fridge.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online.

Household Size3 person(s)
Heather Ireland

Heather IrelandGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Modern

Love internal space even though still considered a small or compact fridge for small apartment.
Impressed with freezer and ice cube compartment.
Consistency of temperature is reasonable especially as I like food extra-cold.
Door opens and closes easily.
No defrosting required which is great.
Modern design and easy to keep clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Heather Ireland

Heather IrelandGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sparkling & Economical

This fridge was a major purchase for me as I needed something that was small enough to fit in an apartment, yet big enough that I am not struggling for fridge space or having to shop multiple times each week.
Love the fact that I can have a fridge & freezer in one appliance - saves space.
Very easy to clean and no defrosting required.
Love internal space and modern design.
Quality appliance; not cheap shelves.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
frayah

frayahVictoria, Australia

Fantastic!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Suits12

Suits12South Melbourne

Basic fridge does the job

This is a very basic fridge but its good brand and works flawlessly. Its as cold as a mother in laws kiss and quiet as a mouse when running. I got it to fit into our limited kitchen space. Its surprisingly light in weight, I guess they don make em like they used to but its also more efficient than the old ones. Plenty of freezer space for its size and good flexible shelves..

Date PurchasedSep 2017
jude

judeSawtell

Great fridge

The design of this refrigerator is tall and slim ensuring it will fit in a narrower space. Great space inside and adequate freezer compartment with fitted ice tray. It is very quiet and I am usually unaware of the motor when it comes on. Glass shelves are easy to clean and the crisper has three settings to keep fruit and vegetables fresh and crisp.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Deepdene

DeepdeneMelbourne

Simple Fridge Works Well

This suits us very well. We are just a couple and its all the size we need. Its very much a traditional fridge with a clear and simple layout. The shelves are adjustable and very well laid out inside. The freezer is awesome and freeze food ever so quickly. And the best bit - it runs so quietly and smoothly. We love it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sara

SaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad fridge - support from Westinghouse Nil!

Date PurchasedMar 2010
ControlHQ

ControlHQBallarat

Great All Round Fridge

This fridge is narrow and that is exactly what we needed to fit our odd shaped kitchen. It runs extremely quietly and the freezer is excellent. There is plenty of space and it can freeze ice in no time. Our old one really struggled. The shelves are well laid out and it looks good too. We are happy with this good quality fridge.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Jori

JoriSydney

Great fridge

Very happy with this fridge, it's big enough for our family (3 people) and keeps it's temperature really well. It's quiet and easy to clean. Especially like the draw with ice cubes. We needed to change the door handle to the other side, purchased an additional kit for it but was easily done. No frosting in freezer department.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Paul

PaulAdelaide

Good Value Fridge

I primarily chose this fridge because it was the largest one that would fit in the space available. Other considerations were the nice design and the favourable reviews elsewhere. I'm happy with my decision so far. It looks great in my kitchen, seems to maintain temperature across the whole fridge, and although I hear the thing occasionally I'd still consider it to be a quiet fridge. I'm the only user of the fridge at present but I reckon it'd be suitable for 3 at least. Oh, and the ice maker is fantastic. Finally, the shelves and compartments are easily removed from the fridge for cleaning. Recommended.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Kanch H

Kanch H

A good product

The product has lots of space in comparison to the competitors. The pricing is also decent. The website I purchased from also helped in making the purchase selection easy. I bought it over a week ago, and I must say I am satisfied with the product. Happy buying everyone. It is a good product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
fairbear

fairbearvic, 3172

A Brilliant Piece Of Refidge Cooling

what a fantastic way to keep things absolutely cold this summer with my new Westinghouse top fridge / bottom freezer piece of equipment , runs like a dream , easy to keep clean and loads of pace top and bottom , highly recommend to all , i found having chosen white is the best choice as its the best way to keep it clean inside and out regards DOUG F

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Uzair

UzairSydney

Excellent Refrigerator!

Very energy efficient for the same priced other brands. 4 star energy rating which will consume only 328 KWh/year. Maintains excellent cooling temperature in both fridge and freezer. Multiple settings for different fruits and vegetables in the bottom compartment. Auto door closure just slows down before closing to avoid breaking anything in the door, specially eggs. Very quite and easy to clean fridge. Excellent for a small family.

Date PurchasedSep 2017