Westinghouse 460L Top Mount

• Internal Layout

peterSydney, NSW

POOR quality fridge

I bought this westingehouse fridge WTB4600WB
It worked good for 1 half yrs. The compressor has broken.
Luckily still under warranty.
It took 3 days to get their service man to come out to see fridge.
Shame on electrolux that their products have hit such a low, when they used to last minumum 10yrs.
To top it up they say they have no stock and i have to wait up to 1month for replacement, or i can
pay balance to buy another fridge from store credit.
I would stay away from this company in future. They not like they used to be when made in australia!

Purchased for A$900.00.

hi Zaida,
i have spent alot of fruitless time on the fone with your customer service.
Im happy to discuss why i was charged $190 extra to get a replacement superceded model cause you guys didnt have my current fridge in stock?
Feel free to call me.

PatSydney, NSW

Fridge not cooling and freezer working tooo much

Freezer working too much but refrigerator not cooling. Was making a loud noise. I turned it off for a few hours and put back on. Purchased 3 years ago so warranty out. Not at all happy with Westinghouse products as Electrolux washing machine purchased at same time has problems too. Previous fridge lasted 16 years. Shame on Westinghouse very poor quality!!!!

Hello Denise
Please call me if possible after 3:15 today
Patricia

My number is 0404138777

Sharon

SharonIllawarra, NSW

Disappointed

We purchase this fridge about 4 years ago. It is a good looking fridge and easy to clean. What is disappointing is over the past year I have noticed when cleaning it the walls and floor of the fridge and freezer have cracked. I have decided to purchase another fridge, but it won’t be a Westinghouse.

Purchased in July 2016 for A$1,000.00.

Household Size4 person(s)
Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse 460L Top Mount compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Ingolf

IngolfWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Traditional looking fridge THAT WORKS ---

Purchased in January 2020 for A$850.00.

wabster

wabsterWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Worked OK until 2 years and 5 months old. Then died.

This fridge worked OK for the time we have had it with the usual caveat about the crisper drawer that drives most people who owns nuts. Then at 2 years 5 months old the compressor has died. After I've dealt with an essentially useless 3rd party extended warranty provider I'm making a complaint to the ACCC/Consumer Affairs on the basis that a fridge should have an expected life of greater than this pathetic period of time.

Purchased in August 2017 at Betta Home Living for A$1,049.00.

Yval

YvalPalmeston

Its ok

Household Size3 person(s)
bretann

bretannMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Look elsewhere

Purchased in October 2019 for A$850.00.

Household Size1 person(s)
Diana

DianaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Crisper drawer is totally useless !

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Furniture for A$1,099.00.

Household Size4 person(s)
svm

svmIllawarra, NSW

Crisper needs re-designing

I bought this fridge in 2016. It works perfectly except for the crisper. It does not remain on the track and becomes most frustrating to pull out and push back. A serviceman advised that it is a design fault, he regularly replaces them and cannot guarantee that it won't happen again. It was replaced under warranty a yr ago and now has the same problem. Westinghouse is about to replace the WHOLE fridge under warranty. What a waste for the sake of such a basic function in a fridge. Trouble is.. what brand to choose?

Purchased in October 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$1,255.00.

veidt

veidtGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Noisy Fridge

The fridge maintains a consistent temperature and does what a fridge is supposed to do. However, I have noticed the fridge makes an irritating buzzing noise from time to time. Opening and closing the doors sometimes stops the noise. The next time it makes the noise, I'll record it and send it to the good guys.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for A$899.00.

ReneeAndSam

ReneeAndSamGoonellabah

Great value!!

This is a great fridge. We bought 2, a left and right hinged and put them side by side. Almost twice the literage of a double door fridge for about the same price! The fridge and freezer Compartments both keep a consistent temperature and are easy to adjust. Really like how much usable space it has for a single door fridge, compared to the double door one we used to have. The doors are easy to open and close unless you just closed the fridge and try to open it again straight away, it gets a bit of suction and you have to tug it.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
AliciaMarieV

AliciaMarieVMelbourne

Love it, very quiet and spacious

Easy to clean, non spill shelving, interchangeable shelving and a great veggie draw which keeps produce very fresh. Spacious freezer and very quiet. Has an ice tray which you turn to fill a tray which is handy for summer. Has a draw in the fridge which is great for the cheese and other dairy. Can’t fault this fridge

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Garden gnome

Garden gnomeBelmont

Bad design cheap materials

Having just finished a fight with Westinghouse re a stainless steel fridge that rusted they proved that after sales service doesn't exist and they could care after blaming everything except the standard of the material. Consumer affairs managed to get us a small discount on a new fridge and we bought the above quickly as they only gave us 30 days to take up their miserable offer. We discovered after purchase the crisper drawer is not on rollers but gets dragged across a bumpy plastic track. Needless to say a serviceman said it was a design fault and couldn't be fixed. BUY A WESTINGHOUSE PRODUCT AT YOUR OWN RISK, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
2Gasman

2GasmanRichmond

Lovely clean design

Really like this fridge - I got it as new on eBay and it really is in new condition. Runs beautifully and quiet as a mouse. No leaks of any problems at all. I really like the shelving - super easy to pull out and clean and adjust. Just a simple, well designed fridge from a reliable maker

Date PurchasedMar 2018

NicWhyalla

Very good apart from the crisper draw.

Have had previous Westinghouse fridges which lasted for 19 years and longer for one prior to that. Downgraded to a smaller model due to kids leaving home and fridge needing replacement. Fridge/freezer works extremely well for cooling etc but crisper draw was difficult to open/close from purchase. Crisper draw now continually drops out of runners even after being put back on.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

HelenPort augusta

Door set up

Still unpacking, how and where to place the 2 long shelves on the door? Looks a great fridge, my last one as a Fridgedair purchased in 1963. Helen
I have chosen Westinghouse because they are the same company and I expect the same long service from this fridge, as soon as I set it going.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Helen

where do i put the 2 long shelves on the door, one does not seem to fit?

HeatherBelle

HeatherBelleSandstone Point

Great product

This fridge is a great size for 2 people. Very roomy. The freezer is a good size as long as you don’t buy in bulk. The crisper is annoying pushing it in and out. Quite awkward in motion. Very easy to keep clean and it’s not noisy. It keeps the temperature well balanced.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
anonymous32

anonymous32Sydney, NSW

Can’t complain

The reason I went for this model was value for money....it’s the best size from the brand I like in the money I wanted...it’s massive in size has better power rating from my 7 year old 370L Westinghouse...I still think best is if we have freezers down and refrigerator up....that’s no doubt a much convenient option....the problem is in this money I could get one of those but smaller in size....trade off is you go for bigger size or freezer at bottom...I wanted a bigger size so went for it...

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Denny

Denny

Big capacity - being tall rather than wide is great for a small kitchen

We retired our old Westinghouse after 25 years of reliable service, hope the new one does as well.
I love the click in door shelves and the variety of layout options. There is some noise though not half as bad as the old one. With glass shelving it is easy to clean and with good lighting in fridge easy to see what is stored inside. Freezer compartment works well and holds plenty. The door storage in the freezer is well designed and see through so I don't lose things in there. The crisper drawer is driving me insane, but hoping I'll get the knack of it soon. Overall I am very pleased with this fridge/freezer.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Ideal mick

Ideal mick

Australian made

This a bit embarrassing I purchased my one and only fridge back in 1991.My Westinghouse fridge .this fridge hasn't had any parts replaced appart from one globe.the food stays fresh and it chills the beer quick to.when I purchased the fridge I asked for a Australian made fridge because I wanted something that would last.Hope the poor buggers arnt waiting for me to buy another

Date PurchasedFeb 1998