Westinghouse WTB4604SA / WTB5404SA

Westinghouse WTB4604SA / WTB5404SA

WTB4604SA (460L) and WTB5404SA (540L)

This has a lot to live up to - replaced our 42yo kelvinator

Received an email asking for a review on our recent purchase but the link appeared to be locked. Fridge looks good, temperature choices are good and easy to adjust, space/interior design good. However we are adjusting to its different ‘noises’ - which the manual does explain. Also, the power cord was very short.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Westinghouse Winner

The first fridge that I have owned that is genuinely easy to clean. The shelves are simple to remove for cleaning and there are no silly nooks and crannies for spills to get lodged in. Fruit and vegetables stay fresh and crisp, and frozen foods do nor develop frost burn. The fridge is quiet when running and power consumption is reasonable

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Good fridge

Bought this fridge 15 months ago. Didn't have any problems with it so far. It is large, not too noisy, looks really good, the temperature is easily adjustable from outside (you don't need to look for it inside the fridge which is quite useful). Pretty easy to clean. Good option for this price range and stainless steel design.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Perfect!

I love this fridge! I read other reviews saying it was noisy but mine is totally quiet. Good space in both fridge and freezer. It Holds the same temp, i added my own thermometer to make sure the fridge stays between 3°-5° Celsius and it does. You can customize the shelves to suit your needs too. Its perfect.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

What you were not told

Product looks impressive - stainless steel. Easy to adjust shelving, cleaning is a breeze. What was not included is light in the freezer section. The ice dispenser and storage is in awkward position. Fridge is relatively quiet. Overall I am happy with performance and thus far do not have any problems.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Noisy at times, the compartments are wierd

We had this for a while, when we bought it we loved the capacity. However, the way the compartments are done is weird. They could have done a better job in designing this to use the full capacity of this fridge.
The motor started to become noisy after the first month and i won't recommend this product to anyone.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

First one was a dud, warranty gave me a replacement

Thank goodness for the 2 year warranty is all I can say.

I purchased it new and upon plugging it in, noticed that it took a fair while for ice to freeze up, perhaps 20-24 hours.
Half a year ago, I noticed ice cream would go from being rock hard to mushy in the space of 2-3 days, then back again.

Westinghouse customer support are very aggressive and threaten to charge you if you call out a technician and there is no real fault. So I bought some freezer and fridge thermometers to keep track of temperature, and the problems with the freezer continued for the next 2-3 months. The freezer would fluctuate between -22 and -5. Then at the start of summer, it started to completely die, as the fridge temperature went above 10 and freezer started melting.

I decided to call in the technician who detected there must have been a gas leak and that the entire fridge should be replaced under warranty. I've had no problems with the new fridge for the last 3 months, fridge is locked at 4c and freezer around -17 to -19c.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good fridge

The fridge maintains great temperature through all of it, no matter what compartment from the door to the crisper it always a very cold temp. The fridge is very quiet as it functions and barely noticeable. I have cleaned the fridge on many occasions and it is also very easy to clean, the shelves are easy to manoeuvre around and it doesn't have any tricky spots or anything that get neglected during the cleaning process.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great Fridge- Freezer

Good economical fridge to run. Plenty of room for all your cold items. Vegetable crisper excellent , keeps all fruit and vegetables fresh for a long time. Plenty of room in the freezer, even for large tubs of icecream. Keeps a constant temperature through out. The machine runs for short periods of time, so cost effective.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great fridge lots of space

The fridge itself gets very cold very quick. I ended up bringing the temperature up as I couldn’t drink the drinks as too cold haha. The feeezer is the same and very hard to keep ice cream at the Best soft but frozen texture. It is quite loud when the compressor kicks in but I love that I could pick what size I want the doors on.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great fridge - small freezer

This fridge has a large amount of fridge space, but not all that much freezer space. There is a large ice shelf that takes up a significant amount of room. The temperature remains cool in all compartments. Usually, you can't hear the fridge at all, but occasionally it decides to whir which can be quite loud - especially at night. The fridge is very easy to clean as there is a lot of open, flat space and not many ridges for liquids to get stuck. One small inconvenience is that the egg holder only has 11 spaces for eggs, which is just silly as eggs come in a dozen.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great fridge, perfect for families.

Recieved this fridge after having troubles for quite some time with a brand new fridge we had purchased. Have had this one for almost a year and it seems to be going great. Love the fact it's compact but also roomy at the same time. Fridge and freezer. Compartments are perfect sixes and it runs smoothly and quietly.
Very easy to clean and I generally give it a wipe out once a week.
I have however found sometimes even with the freezer in the coldest setting some things take a long time to freeze!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Fabulously Large Fridge

So Happy.. This fridge is larger than our previous
Westinghouse .. We wanted a new fridge before Xmas to accommodate more food. This fridge DELIVERS!.. The new fridge is quiet and has a "Booster" button in the fridge when you put lots of new food items in! It looks BIG and the shelves are re-adjustable to your needs - that is what I especially LOVE!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great choice!!

After juggling between few brands & models, purchased this one & really happy with that. Excellent temperature control which is easily adjustable. Quite easy to clean & no noisy sound at all! Very spacious with good arrangements of the compartments & also very spacious freezer which comes in handy to stock up on veggies. It's perfect choice for a small family.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Good fridge

This is my first Westinghouse fridge. And I am happy with this one. It is quiet and the shelves are easy to clean. I like the look of the fridge, it is very modern and there is an external temperature controller with a nice blue light.

You will not regret buying this fridge.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

This is good

Good capacity, very quit, nice easy to clean.

A Fantastic big fridge for a family and easy compartments to place your favorite food in
Keeps fresh for weeks and easy to keep clean as each compartments come out easy to wipe remove food particles.
Rating for 3 stars, good choice

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

A good value, no nonsense fridge

This is a basic model but looks quite modern, and I've got no complaints about its functionality. The shelves are plastic which I wasn't keen on but have a reasonable amount of adjustability. I would have liked a slightly larger freezer but the ice cube tray takes up a bit of space so if you removed it that would help. Maybe I'll give that a go in winter.
I've had the fridge for 2 months now and have no complaints.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Nothing Special

Purchased this fridge only 2 weeks ago.
Not overly impressed with it..
It generates an awful lot of heat on the left hand side which you feel from the outside.
The glass shelving is barely a minimum thickness and if you place 3 litre milk cartons in the middle, it bends the glass.
Plastic door shelving appears cheap and flimsy, no real quality about it.
Freezer is a good size but again the ice cube tray and compartment is of cheap quality with the ice cube trays too small.
Overall working of the fridge seems a little noisy.
There seems to be no real quality in products these days, things just aren't made to last.
Bring back quality in product and manufacturing.
Yesterday the fridge started to make an arcing sound as though there was a short somewhere
Update:
Rang Westinghouse re: The arcing problem within fridge.
Their service does not cover my area of the Gold Coast so I rang Harvey Norman where I purchased it from.
They agreed to replace the fridge which is less than 2 weeks old.
That has been done
Now that is good service.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Is there a manual available for the WTB4604SA? I'm trying to work out to set temperature for the freezer and for the fridge.

i would like to know why its cracking inside the interior of my fridge that i'm not too happy about this refrigerator for the vegetable crispers are so hard to get out to be washed they are too fiddly to take them off the track and put them back on its too time consuming i hope in the next model of westinghouse they will do a better design to the vegetable crispers also i'm not too happy that this model i purchased i have returned to the retailer(harvey norman) 3 times for faulty interior i realized it has started cracking the bottom of the white finish on the interior floor of the fridge while it was still covered by warranty /// the model no is WTE5200SB-R /520 litres please email me to let me know what is causing the interior to crack and if some one else had had similar defects with their fridge please email me (mmaria1830@yahoo.com)

Have just purchased westunghouse WTB4600WA-R fridge, how to place 2 long shelves onto the door, instruction book not clear? Helen

WTB4604SA (460L)WTB5404SA (540L)
Price (RRP) $1,549$1,819
Dimensions 1725 x 699 x 766 mm1725 x 796 x 763 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 4-5 people5+ people
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 11
Door Hinge Left Right
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity