Westpac Altitude Business Gold

See the Best Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Westpac Altitude Business Gold
CategoryFrequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards, Balance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Contact Number 132 032
24-Hour Phone Contact No
Online Live Chat No
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance and Reduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Income $30,000
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments3%
Rewards ProgramQantas Frequent Flyer and Westpac Altitude Rewards
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 point earned per $1 spent on eligible business purchases
  • 0.5 on government payments
  • For each statement cycle, a cap of 20,000 points applies. Bonus points do not count towards the points cap.
Contactless PaymentsFitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate20.24% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$15
Annual Fee$150 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate20.74% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus Earn 60,000 bonus Altitude Points when you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval.
Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0.00
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 12 months
Balance Transfer Rate 4.99% p.a.
Release dateMay 2007

Westpac-Master Card Statement

The master Card statement of Westpac-Master card (Altitude) never provide the balance column to show a running balance, although computer do calculate that balance but the Westpac Banking Corporation -Master Card do not provide that information to customers. Therefore it is difficult for a customer to know when his/her balance is Zero or Other wise. I have requested Westpac over the Last 10 years to add that column but always assured by customer service officer that in the next update it will be added. however Westpac never added the column. Hence I wonder if there are other people having the same problem and would like to support the requirements for master card statement with running balance column for the customers to show how much is their due at any time.
You earn point and defer payment for 55 days
Infinite loops of credit Loan-without knowing the current status

Good

For frequent or infrequent travellers, this is a great credit card to use. Firstly, flights are reduced in cost, or entirely free, by using frequent flyer points generated by using the card.
The (not inconsiderable) cost of travel and car-hire insurance is covered by making the purchase with the card.

While the annual fees are high, the bonuses make up for this. But holders should make sure their cards are paid off before they start charging interest, because the interest is fairly high.
Frequent flyer points are gained with every purchase made using the creditcard.
Free travel insurance whenever the flights are purchased using the credit card.
Free insurance when using hire cars paid for with the credit card.
Higher annual cost and interest than other cards.

I am very pleased with the Westpac Altitude Gold Visa card. I found that Westpac have been really good to deal with. The call centre staff generally have good product knowledge and can confidently answer my queries. The terms and conditions are presented in a way that is easy to understand. I also found the complimentary travel insurance policy to be relatively comprehensive and clearly explained in the printed documentation supplied. Online banking seems to work well too. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this card.
Excellent rewards program, Professional and helpful customer service, Complimentary Travel Insurance, Priority phone line for Gold customers.
Only 45 day interest free period for purchases. You will only see a net gain from the rewards program if you repay the full amount by the due date. Otherwise the interest charges will probably negate the benefits.

Travel insurance is a joke!

I had a motorbike accident in Thailand about 3 year ago where i choose to upgrade to Altitude Gold to cover me with travel insurance.

While being in out out of conscious and trying to deal with Westpac, after 2-3 days and a hospital bill over $30,000, Westpac wouldn't insure me due to having a one way ticket! I just pack my bags for 3 months and thought i would travel to different parts of the world!

It's been 3 years and my leg isn't any better where the hospital in Thailand basically stop treatment due to no travel insursance where I won't go more into my nightmare due to Westpac! They basically left me for dead!
Nothing, i can't believe they left me for dead!
Travel insurance is a joke!

No, a one-way ticket is insufficient to satisfy terms and conditions. I'm fairly certain that any credit card company would have left you in the same situation regarding the insurance. You have to read the documents carefully if you are going to rely on it.One way ticket, return ticket, BIG DEAL... it's just a dodgy way for Westpac to get out of paying for travel insurance!It's not a problem now that I'm using Southern Cross Insurance (one way ticket)! These a reason why they have 5 stars! I've had some medical issues when I've been overseas and it's never a fuss to get my money back! Just stay away from banks that offer insurance. If you do your research, all banks only have 2 poor stars!

This card is useful, especially earning velocity points. I manage to claim rewards all the time. 2 return trips form Sydney to Brisbane was claimed just using my points. The travel insurance has manage to save me alot too when I travel, and I always have the peace of mind that i'm always covered if something goes wrong.
Altitude points earned and then converted to Virgin Blue points. Complimentary travel insurance
high interest rate. $150 Yearly fee

OK

This card is good overall but a bit expensive due to the high interest rate on purchases and cash advances. The annual fee is a bit pricey as well. I got this card at the time as the deal seemed better than any other banks at the time.
The 10,000 bonus points for signing up was very good.
Good styling.
Easy to use website and payment system.
Lots of bank branches if needed
clear and easy to understand statements.
High interest rate on purchases and cash advances.
The extra Amex gold card is a bit uselessa nd just another card to carry around