Westpac Low Rate

See the Best Low Rate & Zero Interest Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

CategoryLow Rate & Zero Interest Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit $500
Maximum Credit Limit $25,000
Minimum Income $15,000
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Annual Fee$59 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$3
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate19.49% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 18 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 0%
Release dateMay 2007

This is perfect.

I have been using this card for 10 years. Absolutely best card with low fees. Go Westpac Go. I have used it overseas as well and it charges minuscule transaction fees.

Card Start DateNovember 2009
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Not the lowest rate out there but easy to use.

Easy application to apply for the card.
The app is also easy to use once set up, unfortunately Westpacs everyday account has fees so I will only every get a credit card with them. Haven't used the card overseas yet and I probably never will due to fees but its good to have in case of an emergency. No reward schemes in place which is a shame through.

Card Start DateFebruary 2018
Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

Is fine. Have used it for many years

Have had it for many years. its good. Can see all transactions on the westpac website. The website also displays my savings account and superannuation account. so its all in one place.
They have a good call centre and all queries handled well.
Early on , I used to ask for temporary increase in my credit limit and they would always do it. But now I just use it for small purchases and flights .
Have been able to pay overseas travel agency using this westpac card. can also get cash advance with a fee.They do have a fee if you miss the minimum payment. think its $15, but I usually pay it before.

Card Start DateJanuary 2010
Card / Account Used ForOverseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Simple application process & speedy approval!

Quick and simple to apply, with a speedy approval processing time. As a single mum, this low rate CC provides me with a great sense of security so that if needed, I’ve the funds available to cover the cost of an emergency.

Card Start DateFebruary 2019
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping

good card

Had this card for over ten years its good don't pay any charges if you pay it in 30 day no monthly fees rates not to bad all in all good card.

Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

Easy to use, I don't pay any interest, no reward program

I have a small limit on this credit card ($2000) which I use for online, I don't incur any fees or charges as I pay it off within 30 days, there is no monthly fee or yearly fee, however, there are now reward points for this card.

Decent Card But Annual Fee Could Be Less - Annoying Foreign Transaction Fees

The Westpac Low Rate Card is a pretty good card and the rates are quite OK. Gets a decent interest free period on the closing balance and this works quite well if you pay the monthly balance in full each time.

The annual fee could be a bit lower, don't see why at almost $5.00 per month they couldn't have an even slightly lower interest rate. After all, they're already making money from the annual fee itself.

The one thing that is quite annoying is the fact that most overseas purchases cop a Foreign Transaction Fee on top of a not brilliant exchange rate.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Online Shopping

No problems

Paying the credit card is simple and the app is great for keeping up to date with purchases. I've never had any problems with the card or the service from Westpac.

Card Start DateNovember 2017
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Tap till you drop

Transferable balance is easily done and efficient. It was easy to apply for the card and I use it daily. This was my first credit card with westpac and I am not disappointed.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Special Purchases

After a few hitches, I now have no complaints

I applied for this credit card (my first with westpac) to take advantage of the 26 months interest free on a balance transfer. Initially after it had been approved, it appeared they'd only given me 20 months interest free. They rectified it immediately after I made them aware of it and ever since i've just been making the minimum monthly payments to hopefully pay off the whole thing before the 26 months is up. The app is easy to use, I've used a few of the rewards (cheap movie tickets mostly). It's worth mentioning that this was the first credit card that accepted my balance transfer, after getting rejected by 2 others previously. Thanks Westpac!

Card Start DateJuly 2018

Easy to apply

I applied for this credit card to get the 18 months interest free balance transfer to pay off my other credit card. The process was easy to apply but then I had to jump through hoops with all the extra information I had to provide and then when I was approved I can only transfer 80% of the approved credit to my old credit card which I don't understand. So not too happy.

Card Start DateJune 2019

Cant go wrong

Saw the awesome cash back bonus on signing up for this card, $500 spend with $200 cash back, can’t go wrong. The online banking is easy to navigate as well.

Card Start DateFebruary 2019

Not bad

Got this card due to its cashback promotion ($200 back after $600) spent. Other than the cashback, it's a typical low rate card with not much benefit. No problems so far.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Great for Xmas shopping and a little bit to fall back on

I was down on my luck and didn't have anything fro Christmas (Not eating vegemite sandwiches again) So I went down and picked this one up for $1000 credit (also handy for buying things online) am happy with it no explosive fees and charges I just pay what I can when I can and it sorts itself out pretty happy with it, No real problems at all.

Card Start DateOctober 2015
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping

Its working for us!

We have had this credit card for a number of years and have been pleased with how we have been able to use it only when we really need it. We have paid it off and used again with no problems. It has a low interest rate that allows us to keep the card at a $1000 limit so that we have no problems in paying it back and saving on interest. We love the ease of this product.

Card Start DateJanuary 2010

Being wise

I have read a few of the reviews and noticed a lot of negative comments. Let’s be real here, we are living in a era where many rely on plastic. Yes, they may be great, but as an individual you need to be wise. Live within your means and yes, need to budget better. We have been with Westpac for 28 years and have a credit card with them 20+ years. Interaction both between in bank/on phone have been sufficient. Low interest rate is helpful, so if interest is added on for the month it isn’t as bad. It all comes down to management, yes if we max the card of course it takes longer to pay.
Less than 1 yr ago, we were frauded on our account and received a alert on our phone. We were maxed ($2000). Westpac took the situation on hand and within 1 month we were reimbursed of all transactions.
Personally, have no issues with the Westpac Visa card. You just need to be diligent.

Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping and Special Purchases

A basic no frills card with a low rate

I got this card due to a signup bonus, it has no extra features really but has a simple low rate. Would recommend that you consider this product for your future needs.

Main Point of ContactOnline

Great card, works well for us!

Westpac low rate credit card is a great card that works well for us! We did a 0% interest balance transfer from ANZ, and then have kept the card on for business purposes! Great interest rate. Never any problems with using it!

Stay off Westpac

I applied for a low rate credit card. Got one with a very low limit compared to what I received from other banks. Took this up due to being cheaper. So now you have got through and activated the card, you just keep waiting for a balance transfer to happen, and no one knows to track it. It has been 2 weeks now and still, they just say it will come in 1-5 days. Just a waste of time!!Beware of what Westpac advertises and stay off..

Card Start DateMarch 2019

Ruins your credit rating

If you are happy to have a credit card application listed on your credit file, that dragged out for weeks and then you never got any response or card for then westpac is the bank for you. They will demand all your documents and give you a short time limit to send them and then after they have them you won't hear from them again for weeks if at all. You can hound them for an answer but they won't even acknowledge your emails