Whiskas Oh So...

3.0

Winifred Baker

Winifred BakerHobart, TAS

Bring back the loaf!

Another concerned pet owner voice here! My 11yo girl would only eat the salmon loaf so now she isn’t eating wet food—I’m tired of throwing the jelly out! Bring back loaf please!

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for A$10.00.

LauraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Why has Whiskas stopped the Loaf variety in the 85gram pouch?

The only wet food our cat will eat is the loaf variety. She will not touch the jelly or gravy variety. Please bring back the So Fishy Ocean Delights in Loaf (12 or 24 x 85g).

Rebecca

RebeccaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Please bring back the Oh So Fishy Loaf!!

Our elderly cats are refusing to eat any other soft food and we are genuinely worried because we can't find a replacement for the loaf. We bought a box of the jelly and they refuse to even try it. I thought they'd eventually come around but it's been weeks now and they need soft food for their arthritis powder. Please bring the loaf sachets back asap.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for A$10.00.

lucyc

lucycSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Bring back the Loaf!

Whiskas has stopped producing the loaf-style and replaced it with chunks in jelly. So Fishy Loaf sachets was the ONLY wet food my cat eats (I have tried every single brand, flavour, type of cat food!) and I'm very unhappy about this. Please bring back the loaf.

Purchased for A$22.95.

Whisk as Oh so Fishy jelly sachets

Bring back the smooth loaf recipe please! My cats both hate the bits! Most of the sachet gets thrown out. Sachets are better size wise as the cats will not eat a can leftovers the next day.

Purchased at Coles for A$10.00.

Madshopper

MadshopperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Whiskas Oh So Fishy - Less fish more slimy jelly

Whiskas recently changed their recipe, replacing their So Fishy loaf pouches with fish pieces in jelly which my cat won’t touch. Now on an endless hunt to find another brand that she will eat. The texture alone is a turn off.

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles Online.

Cat don't like the New So Fishy Loaf

My cat Buttons is a fussy eater..But loved the Oh So Fishy Tuna..But the texture has now changed & looks & smells worse she will not eat it..Now called So Fishy...I wish they would bring back the original one.

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for A$9.50.

Woody

Woody

Quality has really dropped

Have used whiskas for our cats for over 20 years. Recently the tin meat varieties are more gravy than meat and the fish varieties are more jelly than fish. Sneaky way of changing costs....dont change can size...instead...increase the quantity of cheap non meat content.
We will be looking at other brands from now on. Disappointing.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for A$1.85.

Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

cat ate the lot in record time

The feed does not contain any grains or cheap fillers though has a lot of gravy. The chunks are processed from mainly offal. The terribly fussy cat loves it though and demolishes the lot.

LindaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Purrfect for my fussy Oriental

Coco has gotten fussier with age and I had almost given up hope of finding cat food he really enjoys. We have only been with this brand for two weeks but so far he is loving it - fave thus far is mixed Poultry sachets (other than salmon or chicken from my plate!).

March 12th 2019 Update: Not so meaty lately....

Have noticed less and less "meaty" pieces in this product over the past couple of months. My cat not so keen any more. He does like the gravy part though!

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for A$10.00.

rails

railsulverstone

purrffeecctt

Whiskas oh so meaty sachets are Fantastic. .. there is nothing worse than fussy pussy cats. . But with oh so meaty my Beautiful cat is always happy love cats

J M

J MParkdale

My cat does not like this.

My cat refuses to eat this food, even though he has always eaten Whiskas cat food until now. There must be something about the smell because he won't even taste it :(

The only cat food he eats!

My cat is very fussy and LOVES all of the Oh, So Fishy, meat and poultry packs... The only food he seems to eat other than human tuna (which I've heard is not great for cats too much, so these packs have been a life saver)!! Great portion size, too, so no waste.

This is my cats food of choice

Basically this is my cats everyday food because it's one she'll eat without complaint - and that means it scores 10/10. It's got good fish content, moist but not sloppy consistency, recognisable chunks of fish and relatively good quality at a reasonable price.

Terrible

I don't buy it on principle, even if I could give the others to my friends for their cats. I rebel against this sort of selling that takes away consumer choice.
Sachets okay, but HATE the box of 12 forcing us to buy what THEY want us to.
Really annoyed at this kind of marketing that forces us buy what they want us to. My cat loves only ONE of the three and I can't buy it separately. She likes her food fresh, so I can't buy a can of it either. Why does it have to be boxed and allow the consumer CHOICE.

Annie-Blue

Annie-BlueAU

I will never trust Whiskas cans again.

sushimoo

sushimoo

OK

I only fed this to my cats once when I accidentally did not look at the ingredients. It is NOT so good although my cats liked it. "Meat and by-products" (unspecified meat) as the first ingredient means that you don't know what meat actually goes in there and by-products also include diseased meats, organs and whatever humans can't eat. In other words, gross bits.
I don't recommend this UNLESS you are extremely short on cash because these are heaps more cheaper than pouches with Coles selling them at around $1.30 each 400g can while the pouches costs (on special now) 69c per 100g pouch.
There are more variety than the sachets (casserole etc.), cats happy about it
Too much of what I consider as bad ingredients

bat

batGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad

A premium food that is difficult and messy to handle. Overpriced and overpackaged. I only purchased it once. Then I found a better alternative as a treat for my cats.
Cats like the contents.
The sachets are the worst possible idea!. Especially as they are much bigger than needed by the small quantity inside. It is almost impossible to get the contents out without getting it on your hands. YUCK! And they are such small serves that the amount left behind in the sachet is significant.

blackcat3

blackcat3NSW, 2350

They are very convenient and ensure a set portion can be fed to the cat at each meal. The flavours really appeal to my cat. He eats every bit of it.
My cat loves these pouches of food, he eats them twice a day
Maybe if some of the flavours in the cans could be available in the pouches

totaltobie

totaltobie

My cat is quite fussy so she gets sick of the same flavour so the variety offered by Whiskas is great for her and helps me to avoid her not eating her food.
My cat enjoys the variety of flavours. Easily purchased at your local supermarket. Reguarly on sale.
Can't think of anything.

White Twinnieasked

Oh So... Fishy

Are Whiskas still producing Oh So Fishy in LOAF in SACHETS ?
My 16 year old cat refuses all others in gravy / jelly !
Have they moved it to tins only ?
I only have 3 sachets left !!!

Mem R.
Mem R.

They’ve changed to jelly, it’s awful :( the loaf sachets were different to the loaf tins too, according to my cat.

White Twinnie

What have you found as a substitute that satisfies your cat - reared on ' Fishy Loaf sachets ' ??

Laura

I wrote to Mars Petcare about it recently and they confirmed that the loaf style product has been changed to Jelly product. They were passing on my comments to the Brand Manager. I suggest everyone write to Consumer Enquiries of Mars Petcare so they are aware of the dissatisfaction.

Jen Werner

Jen Wernerasked

Oh So... Meaty Sachets

It seems that Whiskas has dropped not only in quality (which was always average) I have had cats for over 30 years but it appears to be getting harder to find the 400 gr cans these days from Coles and Woolworths. Is this going to continue as buying the 1 serve sachets even in boxes of 6 or so? is becoming rather uneconomical.

Wendy

Wendyasked

Oh So...

I have a diabetic cat and need more detail on what is in the food example Protein, Fat moisture ash the main thing

Linda

Sorry Wendy but my cat doesn't eat Whiskas anymore.