Meaty Sachets, Fishy
See the Best Cat Foods in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Whiskas? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Pet's Life StageAdult (6)
  • Side Effects Yes (1) · No (4)
  • Smell

My cat hates it now. What the Hell's happened with your recipe???

My cat used to enjoy eating Whiskas sachet range.
The meaty sachets.. gravy versions only.
BUT.. my cat hates it now. And I've noticed the sachet food stinks more!!
Recipe change or something else???
We've noticed this past few months now. Cat just walks off refusing to eat any Whiskas 'meaty' sachets. Never been like this before.
So scared for him now as he suffered constipation recently and vomited a few times too.
I have to choose another range now..
But cat's are so damn fussy, how will he transition easily to new???
We have so much drama now with bloody covid. The last thing we need now is to change cat food!
This couldn't happen at a worse time.
P!ss off Whiskas!!

Purchased in August 2021 for $10.00.

Smell

No more loaf for my cats

So disappointed that Whiskas loaf has been discontinued. That was the only pet food my cats love. They hate the Jelly ones. So now they just have Chef loaf packages.

Pet's Life StageAdult

James J.
James J.Perth, WA

Cat refuses to eat it

My cat (3YO DSH) refuses to eat whiskas in ANY flavour.

She will just smell, from a distance, shake her head and walk away.

Once I tried for three days straight to give it to her, she did not even a mouthful and only ate her dry food.

I really don’t know what it is but on another (UK) forum someone said “whiskas is the “take away” of cat food, containing only about 6% meat! That makes sense as I thought it smelled “grainy”.

Purchased in April 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $8.99.

Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cant purchase salmon and lamb loaf

My cats have always eaten whiskers wet food but don't eat casserole or mince. Pleeeese bring back the loaf in both of these as my cats have to have my food

Purchased in February 2021 at Romeo's Foodland Supermarket for $1.75.

Side Effects No

Rachel
RachelSydney, NSW

Smells disgusting

My cat is 5 and has always eaten whiskas now she won’t touch it even though she is crying for food. Had to give her our tuna tonight.The new so meaty sachets smell extremely strong and disgusting.

Purchased in March 2021 at Coles.

Whiskas meaty

I’ve always fed my two cats on whiskas. I don’t know what’s happened but it smells weird, is sloppy and watery so neither of my two will eat it. It’s costly to leave it sitting there.

Purchased in March 2021.

IntrovertScorpio
IntrovertScorpioPerth, WA

Totally disgusting

Ever since they changed the receipe my cats won't eat it. They aren't fussy they'd eat anything and used to love it . Now they throw up after eating this crap and they certainly don't throw up after eating Fancy Feast. The whiskas so fishy is smelly and watery and hard to chop up. Avoid !!

Michael B
Michael BSydney Surrounds, NSW

Recipe change...... our cats are not impressed

Have Whiskas pouch product recipes changed that much ? Our two cats (age 7 and 8) with very healthy appetites just won't eat it, having enjoyed it all their lives. Normally they will eat any of the fishy or meaty recipes in jelly - now we are just throwing it all away. We will have to switch to Purina, a bit more expensive but at least edible. If the recipe has changed that much, it makes you wonder if it is harmful to the pet.

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $8.00.

Victor B.
Victor B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't feed any Whiskas or Purina products to your cat

Jessmariez
Jessmariez

Cats won’t eat new recipe

My cats used to absolutely love the Oh So Fishy range but a few months ago the recipe changed from loaf to jelly and now they’re turned off it, and we’ve had to search for new brands. Please bring back the old recipe.

Purchased at Woolworths for $8.00.

Fiona
FionaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bring back the loaf pouches!

My cat won’t eat, please bring back Whiskas seafood loaf pouches. I’ve tried every brand since and she won’t eat jelly. My cat is getting very thin. Help and bring back the loaf pouches please.

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths for $8.00.

Winifred Baker
Winifred BakerHobart, TAS

Bring back the loaf!

Another concerned pet owner voice here! My 11yo girl would only eat the salmon loaf so now she isn’t eating wet food—I’m tired of throwing the jelly out! Bring back loaf please!

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for $10.00.

LauraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Why has Whiskas stopped the Loaf variety in the 85gram pouch?

The only wet food our cat will eat is the loaf variety. She will not touch the jelly or gravy variety. Please bring back the So Fishy Ocean Delights in Loaf (12 or 24 x 85g).

Rebecca
RebeccaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Please bring back the Oh So Fishy Loaf!!

Our elderly cats are refusing to eat any other soft food and we are genuinely worried because we can't find a replacement for the loaf. We bought a box of the jelly and they refuse to even try it. I thought they'd eventually come around but it's been weeks now and they need soft food for their arthritis powder. Please bring the loaf sachets back asap.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $10.00.

lucyc
lucycSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Bring back the Loaf!

Whiskas has stopped producing the loaf-style and replaced it with chunks in jelly. So Fishy Loaf sachets was the ONLY wet food my cat eats (I have tried every single brand, flavour, type of cat food!) and I'm very unhappy about this. Please bring back the loaf.

Purchased for $22.95.

Ray H.
Ray H.asked
Oh So...

Why haven’t I been able to buy Whiskas so fishy from Countdown NZ for months yet. New World and Pak and Save have had the product available for months

White Twinnieasked
Oh So... Fishy

Are Whiskas still producing Oh So Fishy in LOAF in SACHETS ?
My 16 year old cat refuses all others in gravy / jelly !
Have they moved it to tins only ?
I only have 3 sachets left !!!

Mem R.
Mem R.

They’ve changed to jelly, it’s awful :( the loaf sachets were different to the loaf tins too, according to my cat.

White Twinnie

What have you found as a substitute that satisfies your cat - reared on ' Fishy Loaf sachets ' ??

Laura

I wrote to Mars Petcare about it recently and they confirmed that the loaf style product has been changed to Jelly product. They were passing on my comments to the Brand Manager. I suggest everyone write to Consumer Enquiries of Mars Petcare so they are aware of the dissatisfaction.

Jen Werner
Jen Wernerasked
Oh So... Meaty Sachets

It seems that Whiskas has dropped not only in quality (which was always average) I have had cats for over 30 years but it appears to be getting harder to find the 400 gr cans these days from Coles and Woolworths. Is this going to continue as buying the 1 serve sachets even in boxes of 6 or so? is becoming rather uneconomical.