Whittakers 72% Dark Ghana

Whittakers 72% Dark Ghana

See the Best Chocolates in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Whittakers? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
Dagabix
Dagabix

Rest In Peace

Yummy!!!

Exactly how I imagined it would be. High quality & lovely presentation. A cut above the rest!

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths Online store for $6.

Fred
FredGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good tasting chocolate

This chocolate is fairly unique in its strength and taste for mainstream brands. Woolworths used to sell it but for some reason stopped. They still have the other brands including dark almond but it's not as good. Strange decision. Found it imported in good old fashioned 250 gram blocks at Coles. Not cheap though.

Purchased in July 2019.

Best dark chocolate

We have eaten this for years and nothing else on the market compares. We even use it in cooking and it is superb. We buy it from IGA.

Norman
NormanTaree,nsw,australia

I love Whittakers Chocolate

Why does woolworths remove Whittakers dark guana chocolate it is the best of the range. It is great chocolate. Woolworths should ensure Whittakers to not reduce the isze of the bars. But you cannot trust woolworths either they would rather you go thru the do it yourself checkout than employ Australian people.

Whittaker Dark Ghana chocolate block

I love this chocolate and it has been removed from Woolworths it is the best dark chocolate in my opinion

Very good

I make a very nice chocolate mousse and it never tastes as good if I can't find this wonderful Whittaker's 72% chocolate. Where can I find it? Woolies and Big W don't appear to have it anymore.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021

Diminishing to now zero -

It was pretty obvious if Whittakers marketing kept reducing the size of bars in Australia from 250gm-220gm- to now 200gm for most lines - then they would soon be deleted, well it has happened, the Dark Ghana has now been deleted from WW -
Rating? the product itself flavour, texture PLUS 5 stars, the Australian bar size and marketing mess MINUS 5 stars, shame on you Whittakers.

JP1985
JP1985Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

This chocolate is delicious

I've been looking for a low sugar option for chocolate and this dark Ghana fits the bill and tastes amazing.
It doesn't taste bitter like some dark chocolates do.

Michael
MichaelSydney

Delicious, appealing and excellent bite sizes

My First Time..

I was craving for the 80% Dark Chocolate. Today I bought the 72% Cocoa Dark Ghana, 250g for a very reasonable price, $3.00, and took it home to try it, for the first time, I didn't think I'll eat a chocolate with a very strong Ghana flavor once it melts in your mouth. That chocolate block will last me a month or 2 to finish it off before buying another Whittaker's Dark Chocolate.
Smooth Chocolate Texture and strong flavour.
Nothing Wrong with it.

Choc-crazy

250 block now 200g! The stinkers!

Product available again but shrunken down to 200g instead. They've sold out & in my opinion the product isn't as attractive anymore despite being a great taste as it's not the largest-that was the selling point-it was the ONLY 250g block on the market! That was their competitive edge! I used to boast about having found the best choc and value for money but no more as you just KNOW the price is going up next: "production costs in a competitive market" etc..
Largest, best tasting block over the 70% cocoa mark.
It may be an "almost" local brand, but they've gone corporate and global with this attitude-not nice.

MarMar
MarMar

I like the taste of Dark Gana and it 's reasonably priced considering that the company is running their business ethically : the company is praised by Shop Ethical website

Taz
Taz

I bought a big block yesterday in New Zealand. It is your importers and retailers wanting it smaller, not the manufacturer. 250g of nom nom nom!

Great value >70% chocolate

For my money, this is the best dark chocolate with more than 70% cocoa.
It has a full-on rich flavour and melts well, both in the mouth and the pan (my mouth must be hotter than another reviewers...). It compares very favourably with much more expensive offerings such as Lindt's 70% that I find much coarser and duller in flavour.
Its price tends to be very competitive with those from the big multinationals, and Aussies can feel good about buying something from an almost local independent company.

MrsPoppyseed
MrsPoppyseedMelbourne

Nice taste but doesn't melt in the mouth easily

I really like the flavour as it's earthy and not too sweet but found myself chewing it up in the mouth before it would melt properly which doesn't give the nice mouth feel that I like from chocolate. For this reason I would probably only use this as a cooking chocolate in future. Not comparable to the quality of Green and Blacks, but if you want higher quality there is a higher price to pay.
Inexpensive