Windsor Royale

See the Best Caravans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

My caravan is rotting away

My caravan is rotting away because of your shoddy workmanship if I was to produce something like you have produced I would get the sack..
My van is not good as I have water leaking in from the width lights at the front of the van and it has rotted away all my timber work and my interior cladding so upset.

shovel's problems

funny name! Sounds like someone who should never buy a caravan. If a door lock (that Windsor doesn't make) and silicon around holes etc is the worst then you should listen to the stories about all the other makes of caravans and be pleased you got a windsor royale. I've heard Jayco unreasonably called junco, retreats with water tanks falling off after 120k, heaps with illegal numberplates higher than 130cm and so on. In my view nearly all of everyones problems are fridges (made by Dometic or someone), boilers anodes, battery chargers etc that are not made by the caravan companies. They only assemble them. Windsor Royale has minor issues that will never leave you stranded and look and tow beautifully.
Cheers to all. Mike

Floor PlanRoyale 40th anniversary

Very poor quality

Door lock doesn't work, L shape lounge cushion keeps sliding out needs velcro to hold in place, Breather holes in water tanks not drilled out the list goes on, Holes in floor not siliconed letting dust, ants and bugs into van, Taps leaking water into cupboard, draws falling apart. Would not recommend then to my worst enemy.

Floor Plan21ft onsuite van

Best so far

Have previously owned a Coromal poptop and 2 Jayco's and the Windsor is much better to tow than any of the others. The Coromal was ok to tow but nowhere near as good as the Windsor. Both Jaycos (2004 Heritage and 2008 Sterling (both poptops) felt like a Lump of lead on the back of our Prado compared to the Windsor. The boss decided she wanted an ensuite so we traded the sterling in on a 21ft Windsor Royale in 2012. The Windsor came with independant suspension (dual Axle) and with a GVM of 2500kg it tows beautifully. Had a couple of minor issues with cupboards but was able to fix myself. No warranty issues otherwise. The van has decent ground clearance so no problems with approach angles to driveways etc Have covered around 25000 kms so far and just returned from 15000km trip to WA which included 1000kms dirt roads and absolutely no problems. Minimal dust ingress and the van handled the dirt with ease. I have noticed a few negative reviews about this model so maybe we just got lucky with ours but based on our ownership experience so far I would certainly recommend this van.

2012 721S semi off road is a Great Van!

This van has everything we need to comfortably live in for a year. You can swing a cat around in the bathroom. Storage space is fantastic! We love the look of it and because of the weight it is a stable and reliable to tow.

Poor Build, Warranty negetable, Quality non existant

We have disposed of this Windsor Royale caravan as we were never sure of what else could go wrong with it.
Warranty Work Complete
Vent above shower fell off whilst winding it down, replaced
Toilet seat almost off, repaired
Broken Window, Replaced
Dangerous Step. Owner fitted Anti slip tape on edges
Brakes, all wires on all four wheels separated. Soldered & covered
Faulty Bed Structure. Repaired and Reinforced
Handle on entry door would not close, Repaired
Screws in all windows to stop sliding, Eventually fitted
Incorrect Stabilizers at rear Camden Replaced
All fixtures in en-suite fell off. Required slag filed from fitting area Owner Repaired
Hot Water System cracked Pratt, Replaced
Front white stick-on reflectors fell off, Owner Replace.
Wynguard handle inside fell off Owner Repaired
Replace 4 Sets of window arms. 2 sets on kitchen window
Cupboard Door Under Sink Fell Off Top Hinge,Owner Repaired. Screws over tightened at fitting along with five (5) other doors when checked
The Last Straw:
I have taken delivery of my Windsor Royale following warranty work at Windsor Caravans. I can only say that our experience with Windsor has been nothing but appalling. My wife hospitalized and Windsor can’t even send a little get-well note, considering it is her van. And I notice that nothing has been done to make the steps safe, then I guess when your Vans are bought mostly by young couples, we older people will have to make do.
My encounter with Windsor Caravans was rather surprising, especially after having the boom gate raised and then to have a female employee stop me and informing me that I would need to park on the apron in front of the sales office, as she stated, “ I was not supposed to let you in”. I must give thanks to the poor chap who was the mediator, otherwise it may have became a heated moment. It is noticeable that none of the original members of staff were present.
I hope you will take the time to let me address the items listed for warranty work, As there many problems with this van I will "cut and paste" for ease.The most important point is the contempt that a authorized Windsor dealer will show to a customer. We are not talking about a camper or pop top, it is the top of the line for Windsor.
1): Damaged draw under seat
These draws had already been packed by me, however there is no mention of that. This leaves me to concerns: Just how much is the gap and how deformed is the cupboard area, or the work has not been done. If is so deformed to require two lots of packing, at what point does Windsor consider the deformity to be excessive and replacement necessary.
(2): Seat at door end of lounge
Door end of lounge, the covers are an improvement, however if the repairer had of looked inside the cupboard he or she would have noticed the length of the screws, just long enough to remove flesh from hands unless aware of them. It is hard to get the right size screws in the middle of Australia, so whatever is available has to do. I am sure all parties would be aware of this,.
(3): Dust Leak under sink
I have searched the paperwork supplied by Windsor and have not found any recommendation saying “do not travel on dirt roads as dust will come in”. I take umbrage to this comment as I believe a van with the alleged quality of Windsor, leaking dust would not happen. Furthermore, if the repairer is able to confirm that the dust came in between, two pipes, does this not say that Windsor has FAILED IN TWO AREAS. A) closing the area identified at manufacture with silicone ( heaven forbid- there is enough on the roof) or a similar product. B) Quality assurance has missed yet another flaw in this van. And again who or what has the right to put the blame on the customer for traveling on dirt roads. What Gaul? Please show me where any information from Windsor states that the “CUSTOMER” should not travel on dirt roads to avoid dust entering the product. Maybe your dealers should be made aware that ¾ of Australia is dirt roads*
(4): Cross slats in bed base
Repaired, I am satisfied with this remedy.
(5): Light bulb falling out above vanity
(6): Right turn indicator
(7): 12 volt connection inside cupboard melted
Once again I take offense to this explanation. At ‘SuperCheap’ Auto’s you can buy a four (4) point 12volt power-point to plug into a car cigarette lighter, It will not melt with four outlets) however, the outlet in your caravan can not supply two (2) points. Does this not ring alarm bells as to the quality of your product. The cost to replace the outlet was $6.40. I gave the old one to Windsor Caravans. I don’t usually change things unless it is necessary, and I apologize for not keeping the docket, I should have known better. I sure if you were to ask your Windsor dealer for it they will be able to forward it. You do have the photos I sent*
(8): Slats in Concertina door falling out
I don’t know how the person who made this remark came to this conclusion. Regardless, I find it extremely wrong, accusative and very offensive. At no point has a member from Windsor contacted my wife or me to discuss the circumstances of the Concertina partition. In fact, the partition has never been opened, let alone used, until the morning we discovered it faulty. Maybe the person making these statements and writing the comments on the report might like to discuss this conclusion with my wife or I. Also, he or she may want to do the job properly and repair the first slat so it does not look like a wrinkled news paper.*
(9): Washing machine wobbles violently
I believe this to be the problem and responsibility of WINDSOR CARAVANS who failed to supply the PVC foam insert on delivery as instructed in the Lemair manual , but once Windsor Caravans choose to put the blame on the customer and have another authority do their work. The point is, WINDSOR CARAVANS FAILED TO LEAVE THE REQUIRED MOULDERED PVC FOAM IN THE MACHINE WITHOUT INSTRUCTING THE CUSTOMER. Albury Windsor attempted to get a replacement piece of moued PVC foam without success back in November 2011. The only remedy for this unit is replacement, I cannot see a positive comment by there faceless report writer.*
(10): Windows rubbing on albumin
Aluminum replaced, I am satisfied with this remedy.
(11): Window arms in kitchen fail
I do not recall any instruction or mention of this In Windsor’s documentation. Please enlighten me as to where it may be found. Also the new set allegedly replaced failed on inspection. Maybe the people at Windsor Caravans could practice what they preach in this case. *
Point twelve (12): Cannot start fridge on gas after new gas bottle fitted
I am satisfied with this remedy.
(13): Not being able to drop stabilizing leg after Grey water hose is fitted
I have checked many Windsor Royale vans, including those in the yard at Windsor Caravans only to find to date. that our Royale is the only one with this problem. The owner should NOT need to modify anything that he does when setting up, and those who think that this type of answer is satisfactory, I can assure you they have concreted my resolve to ensure that the buying public are treated with a little more respect and consideration, considering we outlaid $74,000.00 for this van.*
(14): External light switch outside faulty
The fact that a normal switch was fitted externally without water proofing would be a reasonable clue.
(15): Lounge seating needs Velcro
I am aware that it is not standard, then I am also aware that Windsor is not into fixing problems. I should have guessed!*
(16): Can’t set ventilation points in windows
This is definitively not in accordance with what you explained in detail to me was back in April of 2011. In conclusion Windsor have successfully supplied a Caravan with “THIEF FRIENDLY WINDOWS” if you wish to air your van in your absence, it can’t be done *
(17): Rust appearing on sink
Quality stainless steel does NOT rust. Need I say any more?*
(18): Bottom of fridge surrounds falling off
A small dab of silicone would suffice here. I’ carried out that myself.*
(19): Defective Battery
(20): Jockey wheel bracket
This remedy and comments proves one very important fact. These people do not use this equipment outside perfect conditions. i.e. showrooms. I do not recall any instruction or mention of this in Windsor’s documentation. Please enlighten me as to where it may be found. The process used by Windsor Caravans fails miserably to represent any degree of professionalism. Furthermore, it conveniently fails to mention the gas regulator being bent backwards also. A very shoddy job and totally unacceptable.*
Helen, I’m sure that you have a copy of these 20 points forwarded to you by Windsor Caravans and no doubt photos have been sent. If you wish I will forward photos if requested.. In response to this. all I can say is that our experience with Windsor has been very poor, expensive and definitely not rewarding
The 185 Ltr Fridge
(1): Damaged draw under seat near fridge (2): Seat at door end of lounge (3): Dust Leak under sink (4): Cross slats in bed base (5): Light bulb falling out above vanity (6): Right turn indicator (7): 12 volt connection inside cupboard melted (8): Slats in Concertina door falling out (9): Washing machine wobbles violently (10): Two Windows rubbing through aluminum cladding (11): Window arms in kitchen fail 12): Cannot start fridge on gas after new gas bottle fitted (13): Not being able to drop stabilizing leg after Grey water hose is fitted (14): External light switch outside faulty (15): Lounge seating needs Velcro (16): Can’t set ventilation points in windows (17): Rust appearing on sink (18): Bottom of fridge surrounds falling off (19): Defective BatteryI am satisfied with this remedy. (20): Jockey wheel bracket Warranty Work Complete prior to above work. Vent above shower fell off whilst winding it down Toilet seat almost off Broken Window Dangerous Step Owner Brakes, all wires on all four wheels separated Faulty Bed Structure Handle on entry door would not close Screws in all windows to stop sliding Incorrect Stabilizers at rear Camden All fixtures in ensuite require slag filed from fitting area Hot Water System cracked Front white stick-on reflectors fell off Wynguard handle inside fell off Replace 4 Sets of window arms. 2 sets on kitchen window Cupboard Door Under Sink Fell Off Top Hinge

the van travelled all the way to cape york on that terrible road, and we didnt have any problems, just drove to the condition of the road, kept an eye on tire pressure. Some people with "off road" vans were amazed as they had left their vans all wrapped up in Cairns. We were very happy with our Windsor!!
we love the space and luxury, plenty of storage and hanging space, very comfortable queen size bed. Great for those many months on the road
dust does get in, but we can overcome that problem shortly

Hi there, we are considering buying the same van with the off road pack and wondered what kinds of traveling you have done since this trip and how your van is holding up. Hoping that you read this forum CheersHi there we just bought the new 721S 3 days ago...except for a few things ...the van is superbWe purchased a new Royale at the Sydney show. To date, we have had never ending problems with the windows, and lounge seating frame falling apart, almost every attachment in the ensuite falling off and the frame of the bed collapsing. We have had all our brake wires at the hub cut by stones and electrical joins come apart. As for warranty work, to date most that I have not fixed myself, Windsor has repaired. however, there has been NO offer of compensation for expenditure. Each time we stop, we are fearful of what will break next. These are only a few of the problems we have had with this van.