Whittakers 62% Dark Almond

Whittakers 62% Dark Almond

See the Best Chocolates in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Whittakers? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.9
Bill M.
Bill M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My favourite chocolate!

I am a long-time lover of Whittakers Dark Almond. It seems to emphasise consistent quality rather than marketing - they clearly don't spend lots of money on design of packaging. It is a down-to-earth no-nonsense chocolate that tastes really good as we might expect from our friends across the Tasman. I normally buy it at Woolworths but, and this is my reason for writing here, it has not been available there for a few months now - at least in and around Melbourne. It is also no longer listed at Woolworths online. Other Whittakers products are available - for instance one involving coconut. Can anyone tell me where to find it?

Purchased in at Woolworths for $5.

• Incentivised Review No

Best chocolate I know of and Vegan !

Best dark chocolate I know of. Vegan as well, so about the only chocolate i eat. Creamy with crunchy almonds, good amount of sweetness, consistent quality, cruelty free, I love it !

Purchased in at Woolworths for $3.50.

• Incentivised Review No

Unbelievably addictive!

My vegan chocolate hunt is officially over and hopefully yours will be too! This is hands down the best chocolate I've ever had - vegan or not! Such smooth chocolate with just the right amount of dark chocolate, I find dark chocolate tends to be quite bitter but this has the perfect balance!! It's so creamy (without the milk-cruelty free!!) and the crunchiness of the almonds takes the cake. Vegan + fair trade, you really can't go wrong :) Wemt from having only one or two dairy milk blocks in a week to demolishing a whole block of this stuff in a week!

Lyell Purcell
Lyell PurcellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Finally found the best & healthiest darknchocolate

Visited Queensland a couple of years ago & as my husband & I love our glass of milk & chocolate before bed, I went out to find some. Found a small supermarket/shop in Palm Cove & chose Whittaker's dark chocolate with Almonds. Being health conscious and trying to have as much lactose free as possible, this ticked all the boxes for me. The only problem has been the addiction to it. Went from 2pcs per night, now a row of 5pcs! I buy from Woolworths Supermarket in South Melbourne as Coles in Port Melbourne does not stock them. Consequently Woolworths now gets my other business. Well done Whittaker's.
Flavour, texture, crunchy whole almonds and beautiful rich dark chocolate

Chocolates

Find out how Whittakers 62% Dark Almond compares to other Chocolates

TimMelbourne

Fantastic product

Great taste to this chocolate. Love the whole almonds. Being vegan I only go for the dark chocolate, but often it's the best quality, and better for you anyway. I've really grown to love Whittaker's. Their peanut slab is another favourite of mine. They haven't been bought out like Green and Black's, who have put dairy in nearly all their dark chocolate these days. I see lately that Big W has an even better range of Whittaker's big blocks than Woolworth's. For your everyday chocolate theirs is great for the price.
Great taste, and cheap
There might be chocolate a bit smoother, but great for the price.

CarolCaringbah Nsw

This is the best dark almond chocolate.

It has the best taste the most almonds I have tried others it is by far the best whole almonds not slithers like other brands I wish I knew here to get it besides woolworths it is no longer there if anyone can help I would appreciate it
absolutely fantastic
Everything taste content etc

Tim

Try Big W - I found some Dark Almond there, plus a good range of other dark Whittaker's blocks.

Jay
JayDarwin, NT

Beautiful just right sweetness yummy Chocolate

I bought this as it is Vegan friendly. I went off anything containing dairy after watching how Cows are treated. So this is perfect and very delicious with it's dark just the right amount of sweetness chocolate with Almonds. Bought two bars within 2 weeks and have a few squares a night.
Love this brand, vegan friendly, delicious taste, not too sweet

Carol

Woolworths Caringbah don't have it anymore please tell me where I can get it I absolutely love it

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

I'm desperate where can I get another block? it's just yum delicious I've given up Lindt for it.....

I am not a chocaholic, normally only eat Lindt dark and not in big doses. But recently picked up a block of Whittakers 62% Almond and can hardly stop myself from at least two squares at a time and sometimes it's three. It's just so rich and there's heaps of nuts to crunch on, Only problem is I can't find another block anywhere. Ahhhh!!
Tastes like chocolate should, not sickly sweet but tangy and there's so many nuts.
I can't find it anywhere.

o1OO1o
o1OO1oGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best roasted almonds chocolate!

Simply the best roasted almonds chocolate I've tried. Like the previous reviewer, I'm not a chocolate person and usually only eats the darkest of dark chocolate available. This one isn't as sweet as many others, and there are SOOOO many almonds, WHOLE almonds! Love it. It's AUD3.00 at woolworth and I bought two today - stocking up for the rainy days :D
Not too sweet, very dark, whole almonds (a lot of them!)
Too addictive!!