Woolworths Everyday Platinum

They have no sense of loyalty.

These guys really forgot what is loyalty. I held a Woolies credit card for 3 years. It was my primary card and I used it to pay rego, school fees, water, electricity, etc etc.

This year I was charged annual fee. Seriously, the competition of credit card is so tense, everybody offers same if not better card(s). I can simply cancel the card and get another one. There are plenty of cards available.

I called in to ask for annual fee waiver. But no, they act like robot, not listening and didn't even bother try to retain me as a customer. "Thank you sir, I would be able to help you cancel the card". OK, fine. Cancelled the card and I'll go with Coles instead.

Seriously the reward of the card is on $200 spend to $1 and the 10% off Woolies offer goes on very randomly and a lot of times I don't get a chance to use it. Other than that it is a very mediocre card, unless you keep pumping petrol at Woolies. However, I don't pump there. The reward system is designed to be so hard to be rewarded and even you accumulated the points, it comes in every 4 months. Not only inconvenient, the 3rd 4 months will come when they charge for annual fee. If you don't pay annual fee. OK, your points are forfeited. Good gimmick.

There are plenty of other true rewards cards available. DO your research and don't waste time trying to get rewarded with Woolies. I can live with a non-rewarding card, but I will not reward a financial institute who doesn't have sense of loyalty. They should already earned several thousands of card processing fee because of my purchase. But sorry, no more.

Card Start DateMay 2016
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Check the fine print

I considered transfering a balance to woolworths credit card. Found out that until the full transfered balance was repaid I would be paying 19% on purchases and 21% on cash advances. Makes the 14 months interest free period pale into insignificance...

Totally satisfied

I was using my credit card for quite a few small transactions at Maccas and within minutes Woolworths Card Services were ringing to ensure it was legitimate use. I am very impressed. Same thing happened several years ago and it was fraudulent use so I’m particularly impressed with you. Such a good feeling to be secure.
The points system is a nice bonus as I receive a small gift card every few months for simply using my card. Great product

Card Start DateJanuary 2006
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Overseas/Travel

Easy to apply for the credit card online

Applied on line which was relatively simple. The following day I was asked to provide evidence of my income which I did by sending PDF documents. Within 5 days my new credit card was approved and the following week the card arrived in the mail. Couldn't be happier with the process from start to finish. To date I have only used the card at Woolworths to purchase groceries, worked perfectly.

Card Start DateMarch 2019
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Approved, activated card, suddenly locked

Applied took over a month, did id verification at auspost, once i received card activated it, online said all good then suddenly temporarily locked. Customer service says they dont have pay slip...
How can you approve open account send card then assessing, this is ilegal according to consumer credit protection act.

Card Start DateMarch 2019
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses
We're sorry to hear about your experience. A private message has been sent to you.Whats the point of your private message asking for details if you just ignore again, your treatment of people is disgusting

pool customer service and system

It's supposed to be a good card but the system is poorly designed. Legal team is horrible at its job to make sure all aspects are covered. 10% off monthly offer is not working because their email system is down. Overseas customer service team has no clue what's going on--lack of training or understanding the product

Card Start DateFebruary 2019
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Technical issues signing up Fail.

Tired to submit application on 3 different internet connections over a coures of a day. With a total of 20 times I wasn't able to submit an application with out the following error.
"Unfortunately we are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to process your application at this time.
Please save your details so you can return and resubmit your application a little later."

My Woolworths credit card

My Woolworths credit card is earning me Qantas Frequent Flyer points & is easy to use.I plan to use my points for travel to places on my bucket list.Life is for living and I plan to make it count.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Special Purchases

Decent Rewards, Shocking Service

I got this card several years ago when HSBC were the bankers. No problems, good rewards and not many times I needed to contact them. Then Macquarie took over and it has been unpleasant. We all had to have a new cards, which meant contacting a myriad of direct debit people, and since that time they have failed to spot three bogus purchases requiring three repeat performances. In addition, the 10% Off monthly offer vanished each time and needed me to contact them. That alone is torture. They "attempt to contact , without success. Please ring this number". Didn't try very hard chaps. So now I am condemned to phone the dreaded call centre which, despite them contacting me, has no idea what the call is about. As a senior I have a button dumb phone which cannot accept their confirmation codes. This means each call is a painful advice of "mother's maiden name etc etc etc etc" repeated many times as it is never resolved first time and is, of course, scarcely understandable since I am hard of hearing and ethnic voices are varied in clarity. I finally ditched this card for Direct Debits and transferred them to another, no annual fee card. It means I miss out on points but not on hours of frustration. I did, however, get admiring glances fro a Belgian waitress in Bruge who had never seen a card not require a PIN. Woolworths charge me $47 a year for "servicing the card". Why? I have spent thousands with them; Coles card is free. Virgin is free. CBA card is free. What is so special about you Woolworths, except your awful service and frankly, frequent failures.

Card Start DateMay 2013

What a Joke!!!

Despite the bad reviews I decided I would still sign up with Woolworths Credit Cards. After filling in all the necessary information I was supplied with a visa card with a credit limit of $2,500. I was attempting to replace an expensive c/c which charges $300 p/a which I no longer need (credit limit $30,000). Upon realising the very low credit limit I applied for a slightly larger limit as my credit rating for the past 45 years has been exemplary. I was politely refused.I rang to cancel my card (& supplementary) - apparently no-one cares what your credit rating is. Bye bye Woolworths - the reviews are all correct. Do not touch them with a barge pole.

Very poor customer service

I wanted to do a balance transfer which their only option for my bank was issuing a cheque, and it never arrived.
After almost 3 weeks of follow up and many phone calls, a supervisor told me that the information I had been given so far by previous representatives and supervisors was incorrect!
And I had to cancel my request. What a waste of time and energy!

Card Start DateJuly 2016
Main Point of ContactPhone

Great card, great points!

Very satisfied with the rewards, incredibly helpful with the cost of living these days to have lovely bonus from time to time. A great idea, thanks Woolworths!

Great Benefits & Rewards for Credit Cards

With free annual fee - Woolworths Credit Cards make my grocery shopping more fun & rewarded.
This is a really great benefit and they give you flexible rewards points from day to day such filling petrol till pay utilities bill.

Harrassing Telephone Calls re: chasing payment that were paid earlier than due date

Terrible customer service, when ask to speak to a manager they wont transfer you. I have received 5 calls from them in the last 4 days despite making payment earlier than I was supposed to, I have complained for many years about receiving these calls and each time I am told that this will not happen again and low and behold after speaking to them yesterday, I get another call today

very happy

very happy, no other words to describe, unable to get out due to illness, so find the card ver handy

Worse credit card ever

Had a 24 month balance transfer set up- 14 months into the transfer they said it was only for 14 months....

The card that can never get lost.

I'm very satisfied with the point system. Not only do I get my points turned into Qantas point, but I have also received several Woolworth's vouchers. It pay to scan your card every time you shop.

the worst credit card I've ever used

Everytime I made an online transaction with a new merchant they blocked my card despite me answering security questions correctly. Then I can't use the card even with Eftpos til I call them to confirm the geniune transaction which most of the time I can't do it when I need to use card due to waiting to long on the phone to get connected with an agent. They can't even block a suspicious transaction/merchant from accessing my card. Instead they cancel my card and say they will send another card with different number in 5 business days, i.e. I don't have card to use in that period and it's the only card i have. Also my diect debit is messed up and I am charged dishonor fee.

Great Card

I have had my Woolies credit card for quite a few years and every inquiry has be handled with a very professional manner. They are also very quick to spot potential fraudulent transactions against your card with notification straightaway.

Reviews are correct DO NOT apply.

Not only is the application process painful but the customer service received is below average when you do try and talk to them about issues. Don't call the Rewards team as they give you WRONG information!!!

A few things to point out:
1) the points are automatically transferred after 4 months which is not easy to find on their website (found out after getting the card otherwise this fact alone would have stopped me dead in my tracks) and even then it's only in lots of 4000 points so if you have excess and cancel the card then too bad so sad is effectively the response.
2) the 10% off is only on a selected weekend and not the first weekend of the month which they advertised previously (mind you, this is just a bonus to the card and was not why I signed up)
3) no one advertised me that supplementary cardholders get a new Rewards number (we shared one number before getting the credit card) and they didn't link our Rewards numbers
4) they started sending emails to my wife instead of me as the primary account holder

So yeah they are just the ones to spring to mind, I'm sure there are more as I highly regret getting this card! Had seen the advertisements for months and as we shop at Woolworths only, I thought I'd give it a go...