CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
BenefitsReduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Minimum Income $30,000
Additional Cardholders 4
Additional Cardholder Fee $9 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2.5%
Points Earn Rate 3 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 3 points per $1 spent on all purchases of Woolworths brand products

• 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at Woolworths Supermarkets as well as Dan Murphy’s, Cellarmasters, BWS and BIG W

• 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases everywhere Visa is accepted

Annual Fee$0 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0.00
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 14 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Release dateSep 2008

If you shop for groceries at Woolworths, this card could help you maximise your rewards without changing your spending habits. For each dollar spent, you receive the following:

• 3 points for Woolworths brand products,
  • 2 points for purchases at Woolworths Group stores (Woolies supermarkets, Big W, Dan Murphy's, BWS, and Cellarmasters,
  • 1 point for other eligible purchases

What do I get for these points?

2,000 points will get you an automatic $10 off your shop at Woolworths, which is accumulated and paid out every 4 months. Assuming you are super efficient with your spending and only buy Woolies-branded products, you'd have to spend at least $666.67 to earn a $10 gift card. If you split your shop 50/50 between mainstream products and Woolies-brand, you'd still have to spent $800 to get that same $10 gift card.

The Catch

It's important to note that the points you earn with this card are part of the "Woolworths Shopping Card Rewards Program" which is not the same as the normal "Woolworths Rewards" program. This means a few things:

• The points you earn with this card cannot be converted Qantas Frequent Flyer points,
  • You can still earn normal Woolworths Rewards points by scanning your Woolworths Rewards card at the checkout, but these are accrued at the normal 1:1 rate, not 3:1,
  • Those Woolworths Rewards points can be converted to Frequent Flyer points, at a rate of 2,000 Woolworths Rewards points to 870 QFF points.

Despite this little caveat, this card offers other benefits such as 10% off your first shop in store or online at Woolworths on selected dates each month (typically a weekend). You can also take advantage of a competitive 0% balance transfer rate for 14 months, and relatively low $49 annual fee (there are regular promotions offering to waive this fee for your first year).

If I could give no stars I would -

The call centre people are pathetic and robotic, the new limit is this - cash advance $1000 only, must pay $300 back then if you want another $1000 you have to pay off the first amount - so that would be $1300 in total, stuck your card up your a**

Card Start DateAugust 2019
Main Point of ContactPhone
How do I know I just talk to them on the phone. Plus all the hype about having an Everyday Platinum Card ***UTTER RUBBISH***

Great everyday use credit card!

User friendly; fast and efficient service from the customer team if needed. Overall a great card that will make your life easy on a day to day basis.
Definitely recommend it.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Security quick response and good advice

I Don’t use credit card overseas,did not transfer balance from other credit card,happy on the rewards satisfied simple to redeem need to spend more to get points cos you don’t get 1 points to any retailer...

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Online Shopping

Bank transfer onto this card is far too long

So transferring money from one of the "Big 4 banks" to my woolworths visa card... for as long as I can remember it always takes like 5 days for the money to show up in my woolworths visa card account now if I transfer from most other Australian bank accounts it usually only 24hrs sometimes it can be same day, it actually hinders me from using the woolworths visa card, so I end up using my Gem visa card (which is non Australian) or my westpac ignite card more frequently than the woolworths visa as I get penalised for using woolworths visa as my money disappears for 4 days than shows up on the woolworths visa app on the 5th day, if there anyway you could speed up this process to come into line with modern banking transfers I'd love to know as you must get asked this question everyday..
Besides this the card is quite handy to use, but a visa card is only useful if you can access your money in a normal time frame

Card Start DateMarch 2013
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping

Best card for everyday use.

Easily the best card on the market for everyday use. I treat it like my Bank account and put everything on it where there is a record of use easily accessed available on the app. Simple navigation on the app. with everything covered. A very helpful 'Help Desk' if you need them and you actually get to speak to someone, not waste time with a 'chat' line. Love the "Rewards' that accumulate with use.

Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Horrible. Ridiculous

Horrible. Took two months to get. The online system is random. Information provided is lost in transit. Security verification system failed. Today they randomly cancelled it and when called refused to provide any justification...Choose another credit card! Shame on Woolies and Macquarie who provide this service :(

Card Start DateJuly 2019

A card with rewards

Woolworths credit card made Easy to use. Love having my rewards card attached and I am happy to use my card as my main card for shopping to have the opportunity to save 10%.

Card Start DateNovember 2014
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

At Last a card that rewards being used without hitches

Good to know that a 10% reward will come monthly. The card is easy to use and identifies the bearer with Woolworths staff at the checkout as an existing customer.

Card Start DateJuly 2019
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

This is a perfect card to use in Australia and overseas

Woolworths credit card made my day to day shopping easy and I am happy to use my card as my main card for shopping with opportunity to save 10% discounts on perches.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

My favourite card

Easiest card to use. Statements always available. And my rewards card is attached so I never forget that now. It’s the only credit card i have now. I love it

Card Start DateSeptember 2018
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Overseas/Travel

Zero emails about the 10% off shop, had the card for 2 months now

I signed up to this card with the intention to make it my main credit card due to the claim I would have the opportunity to save 10% off my Woolworths shop once a month. However I'm yet to receive a single email about the 10% off offer. The cards terms and conditions state: "Primary Cardholders will be notified via email prior to commencement of the Offer Period." after 2 months I have not received a single email about this. Others online have reported the same thing (and yes I have been checking my spam folder just in case).
I sent a support email about this and received no reply, I did receive 1 miss call from the call centre asking me to call them back but I don't have time to be sitting in a phone queue which is why I sent the email in the first place.

I plan on waiting one more month and then cancelling the card if there is still no email. I'll just stick with my Coles card as my main credit card account.

One more thing to note was that the application process was the worst I have ever experienced when applying for a credit card. Applying online was a pain free process, but it took a very long time for them to approve the application, and when finally received an SMS that it was approved it took weeks for the card to arrive in the mail.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Online Shopping
We're sorry to hear about your experience. A private message has been sent to you.I've now got an email to say the offer is on the second weekend of the month. So I did my shop on Sunday, scanned the rewards card on the back of the credit card and NO DISCOUNT WAS APPLIED. Very unhappy.

My Everything Card

I use my card for everything and pay it off in full each month. Its the perfect card to earn bonus points that add up quickly and are easily redeemed. Plus there's often extra earners linked with the Woolworths Rewards Card. They're also only a quick call away if you have a query.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Good value of monthly shopping

$49 annual fee is affordable.
When getting 10% back on once a month discount, I have saved much a year. This is the main selling point! We love this.
Could get extra points on BIG W purchase though it is not a good point earner though.

Card Start DateMarch 2018
Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

Great card. I make money off it every year.

Credit card is good for most things, you get extra points for shopping at woolies and similar brands. I’ve had this card for 9 years (since I worked at woolies) and would recommend it.

Pros
1. We get about $120 in free gift cards every 4 months for our spend
2. Fast to act on disputed transactions
3. Works everywhere
4. Online experience is good, it was recently updated you can get statements etc.

Cons
1. We used to be able to pay it off in store but now the only option is bpay
2. Overseas call centre is sometimes hard to get my point across
3. Obviously the credit card fee is a downside but it’s outweighed by the pros
4. No Apple Pay
5. Interest rate if you don’t pay off each month
6. There’s no app
7. Exchange rate and international fee is bad, I’d use another card for international stuff if you can

Card Start DateJuly 2008
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Woolworths Credit

So far so good,
Not the best card on the market,
However $0 annual fee is becoming hard to find,
As long as your making payments early and avoiding any extra costs "really any card will do"
I was hoping to get extra rewards with this card, supposed to get 10% off every month, however have not received an email as of yet.

Only a month in but pretty happy so far.

Card Start DateMay 2019

Good card to have

As a Woolworths shopper, I got an offer to get this card with no annual fee. Although it was a slightly more cumbersome application process than some other cards (requiring a breakdown of my monthly expenses), it's a good card to have to accrue points for $20 gift cards with every 4000 points earned.

Worst Experience

Take a lot of effort to apply for the card because of its troubled computer system. Then finally the application was submitted and received a letter to ask me to provide id check. Later asked me to provide payslip. A few days later, got email and sms said card approved.

After another week, received the card, activated and used the card for 24 hours. Then, it has been blocked.

Called the customer service, said the management team needs to see my bank statement. So send the bank statement right away, then just wait and wait and wait.

Called again and was told still need 1~2 business days. Wait again.

Called again, said still need 3~4 business days.

I don't want this card anymore, so just simply canceled and closed my account right away.

Card Start DateMay 2019

Cumbersome approval process

Form stated passport as primary id. However, when took to Aust Post for verification, they said in their system, it is listed as secondary id and only worth 50 points. I had to come back with another piece of id. Then when I took my tax notice in, they wanted a sequence number which was nowhere on the notice and did not accept that either... already huge risk to my personal security with these 2 items... how much more data do they want????

Good cArd

Had this card for about 2 years Pretty good card to use, no annual fees, bonuses and points that you can convert to a gift card, good specials are sent via emails, so you can see what you buy is on special. Not using it now but was good when I did have it

Card Start DateMarch 2017
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

I love this card and all the added bonuses and rewards

I absolutely love this credit card because of its many features:
- no annual fee
- 10% off monthly shopping when you receive an email
- earn points for just doing your every day shopping either at Woolworths but for any other purchase
- extra points for purchasing Woolworths products
- bonus rewards and offers are emailed to you where you have the choice to participate or not
- points are then turned into a Woolworths gift card every three months which is sent to you via the mail
- the app is easy to use
- customer service over the phone is very helpful
This card is perfect for me and my family because the balance is paid off in full every fortnight. However, if you are unable to do this the interest fees are quite high so I would only recommend this card to people who want to benefit all the great perks while being able to pay off the balance.

Card Start DateJanuary 2015