Woolworths Everyday Platinum

Woolworths Everyday Platinum

Pros

• $10 off at Woolworths for 2,000 points (min. $667 spend)

• 10% off one shop at Woolworths each month

• Regular promotions to waive the annual fee for the first year

Cons

• Points earned are not the same as regular Woolworths Rewards points

• Points cannot be converted to Qantas Frequent Flyer points

If you shop for groceries at Woolworths, this card could help you maximise your rewards without changing your spending habits. For each dollar spent, you receive the following:

• 3 points for Woolworths brand products,
  • 2 points for purchases at Woolworths Group stores (Woolies supermarkets, Big W, Dan Murphy's, BWS, and Cellarmasters,
  • 1 point for other eligible purchases

What do I get for these points?

2,000 points will get you an automatic $10 off your shop at Woolworths, which is accumulated and paid out every 4 months. Assuming you are super efficient with your spending and only buy Woolies-branded products, you'd have to spend at least $667 to earn a $10 gift card. If you split your shop 50/50 between mainstream products and Woolies-brand, you'd still have to spent $800 to get that same $10 gift card.

The Catch

It's important to note that the points you earn with this card are part of the "Woolworths Shopping Card Rewards Program" which is not the same as the normal "Woolworths Rewards" program. This means a few things:

• The points you earn with this card cannot be converted Qantas Frequent Flyer points,
  • You can still earn normal Woolworths Rewards points by scanning your Woolworths Rewards card at the checkout, but these are accrued at the normal 1:1 rate, not 3:1,
  • Those Woolworths Rewards points can be converted to Frequent Flyer points, at a rate of 2,000 Woolworths Rewards points to 1,000 QFF points.

Despite this little caveat, this card offers other benefits such as 10% off your first shop in store or online at Woolworths on selected dates each month (typically a weekend). You can also take advantage of a competitive 0% balance transfer rate for 14 months, and relatively low $49 annual fee (there are regular promotions offering to waive this fee for your first year).

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsReduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Minimum Income $30,000
Additional Cardholders 4
Additional Cardholder Fee $9 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2.5%
Points Earn Rate 3 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 3 points per $1 spent on all purchases of Woolworths brand products

• 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at Woolworths Supermarkets as well as Dan Murphy’s, Cellarmasters, BWS and BIG W

• 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases everywhere Visa is accepted

Annual Fee$49 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 14 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Release dateSept 2008

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Janis Steel

Janis SteelSydney, NSW

I can save so much money by using my card and also purchasing woolworths items.

Shop by purchasing woolworths products.
I can use the card at the BWS
By using my card and shopping at woolworths I can keep my shopping to what I can afford each fortnight by shopping on the first day of the month.

Bellair

BellairSouthwest, VIC

Expensive and poor service from Philippines on line call centre

Card Start DateJanuary 2012
batman

batmanoakhurst

Falling behind technology

I have had this card for several years now. Great points benefits for me as we do all our groceries with Woolworths. I have couple of gripes with this this card. I can't do future payment (bpay) and it seems to be supported with apple pay only. I use an android phone. Woolworths, it's 2020 - please advance with the technology.

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Woolworths Everyday Platinum compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

PeterA

PeterASydney, NSW

Benefits decline

The card value has declined since they changed a number of key benefits. They reduced the cash advance limit to only $1,000 no matter what your credit limit may be. They also used to have a grace amount on the card limit but now it's a hard stop - $1 over and it's a decline.They put in the hard stop without even bothering to tell me, changing the usage I had experienced for more than 5 years - despite me having never missed a payment in 5 years. Their rewards plan was very poor, but I have noticed an improvement this year with point multipliers and % discounts. The card operates in conjunction with Woolworths Rewards, which makes redeeming points easy.

Card Start DateJune 2015
Cards Master

Cards MasterSydney, NSW

Thank you Woolies!

Woolworths Credit card is a no-brainer for someone shops at Woolworths even occasionally!
10% Monthly once off! Rewards card barcode on the back of the card! Apple Pay! Money app! And $20 gift card when you earn 4000 points (bit confusing as this is not Woolworths Rewards points I guess - but I will take the Gift card :D )
Woolies has definitely put all there love into Woolworths Credit Cards!

Card Start DateJanuary 2020
  • Online Shopping
SuzieQ99

SuzieQ99Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Consolidates everyday purchases and rewards you at the same time

The Woolworths Credit Card with Macquarie Bank has allowed the consolidation of my day to day purchases and gives me rewards each month. The 10% off each month is a great away to plan the purchase of large ticket items. Perhaps the annual fee could be adjusted if a certain spend was achieved.

Card Start DateJune 2019
Feebee

FeebeeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good app & statement reading & transparency

I’m currently using this CC, but I’m switching over to Coles CC soon because that one has no annual fees & low interest rate. Their balance & statement reading is good on the app. It’s fast too in real time. I like the 10% off each month in grocceries & vouchers sent but you have to spend a lot to get the vouchers. If they ever get rid of the annual fees & lower the interest rate & keep the benefits, I would ditch coles in a heart beat & come back. Woolworths - you need to match them!

Card Start DateApril 2019
Ash

AshPerth, WA

Good customer service

The customer service was good. As I called them and the person was so patient as he waited for me to see if I am able to go online to finish my work.

Card Start DateFebruary 2016
  • Online Shopping
D Lee

D LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love my WW credit card

Phone was answered promptly, lady was very pleasant and professional. My enquiry was dealt with in full with a follow up email to confirm. fabulous service. Every time I need to contact WW card services I have experienced the same great service.

• Overseas/Travel

Lindy39

Lindy39ADELAIDE

Happy Customer

This card offers Gift Card rewards which is the main reason I like this card
The customer service team are always friendly and helpful that's is very important to know any pro lens are sorted out asap
Also their annual fee is reasonable

LillianMOS

LillianMOSSydney, NSW

Credit card with a lot of bonus benefits!!

I signed up to this credit card during a promo period inside a woolies shop, it was perfect timing as the interest in my credit supplier at the time was going through the roof! Woolworths offered me 0% balance transfer for nearly 2 years, a few months of interest free purchases as well as $100 in woolworths points as a sign up bonus! Im not sure if you get this many bonuses these days as this is when they were really trying to put their name out there, however you still get good bonuses in term of reward points and shopping at woolworths so i think its well worth it!

Bev B

Bev BNorth-West & West coast, TAS

great budget.

I use my Woolworths card to buy groceries, petrol and alcohol. I can pay when I receives my statement and I can monitor the amount spent on these items. I get double the points as well. I can use them anytime but I save mine for Christmas. I transfer my money over each month, no problems.

Jess

JessSydney, NSW

Great card, easy for everyday use

Have had this card for a little while now. Super easy and convenient to use, great for everyday use (particularly if you frequently shop at Woolies). Highly recommend. If you are after a card for overseas use, perhaps consider another.

Card Start DateSeptember 2019

0% balance transfer

Signed up to a promo with no annual fee for the first year and 0% balance transfer rate for 14 months. This really helped us get out of a large debt we had accrued due to an emergency.

Card Start DateFebruary 2009
Abs

AbsSydney, NSW

Credit card I want to get rid of

I dont get 10 per cent off on the 2nd weekend by using my credit card for 3 months. I have to call the call centre and get the refund. I am still not sure when my rebate will be received after spending certain amounts for 3 months. I am tired of keep calling customers hotline

Card Start DateMay 2019

Joseph

JosephSydney, NSW

Good card to get points if you shop at woolworths but online issues

My bonus points took 3 months to get when I originally signed up, as well as a lot of other bonus point offers where requirements were met. Also the 10% off shopping each month has not worked once... Apart from that there are no annual fees so I can't complain getting a $20 woolworths voucher every quarter.

Card Start DateApril 2019

Woolfie

WoolfieSydney, NSW

10% off your grocery shopping at Woolworths once a month

Card Start DateOctober 2018

Enjoy the rewards

The Woolworths discounts and rewards are great if you shop at Woolworths anyway. It's Rewards App is really handy. It's good to receive actual tangible advantages that I will use.

Card Start DateAugust 2016
Ness

NessSouth East Queensland, QLD

If i could zero I would.

I was approved a card with 6k limit . I activated the card and then for reasons they have never divulged ( asking multiple times for a reason they advised they did not have to provide me any reason ) they cancelled my card about a month into me activating it so had not yet had a repayment due. I was actually moving house at the time so was quite stressful as was going to pay the furniture removalists.
I have seen the above instance happen in many other reviews. What made it worse is paying the card off they still charge the annual service fee although my card was only active a month and I'm not entitled to any benefits.

Ang C.

Ang C.Perth, WA

Good for frequent woolworths shopper

The credit card holder gets to enjoy 10% discount of the first woolworth shopping of a selected diacount weekend each month. User will receive a notification from woolworths regarding the a selected discount weekend of the month. This only applicable to you first shop of the selected weekend. Its a not bad deal if you shop with woolworths. It has app that links to your woolworths reward account. Online experience is great.

Card Start DateMay 2018