Woolworths Qantas Platinum

Woolworths Qantas Platinum

Pros

• Stack the QFF points earned with this card with normal Woolworths Rewards points

• 0% balance transfer rate for 14 months

• 10% off one shop at Woolworths each month

Cons

• Relatively high ongoing annual fee ($169)

If you regularly shop at Woolies and want to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points, this card could be a convenient tool to help reach your jet-setting goals. This Woolworths credit card has a competitive 0% balance transfer rate for 14 months, but a pretty standard 20.49% purchase rate with 55 interest-free days. Cardholders can also receive 10% off their first shop in store or online at Woolworths on selected dates each month (typically a weekend).

However, the real draw of this card is being able to earn both Qantas Frequent Flyer points and Woolworths Rewards Points at the same time, and then convert those Woolworths points into QFF points! Here's how it works out:

• You earn 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer point per $1 spent on eligible purchases at Woolworths Group stores. (This includes Woolworths supermarkets, Big W, Dan Murphy's, BWS, and Cellarmasters.)
  • You can also earn 1 Woolworths Reward point per $1 spent. These can then be converted to either Woolworths gift cards or Qantas Frequent Flyer points at the following rate:
  • 2,000 Woolworths points = $10 Woolworths Dollars = 1,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points

This would give you a total of 3,000 QFF points for spending $2,000 on eligible purchases at Woolworths Group stores.

The Qantas Platinum card also allows you to earn QFF points on purchases from non-Woolworths stores, at a rate of 0.5 points per $1

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance and Reduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Minimum Income $30,000
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $29 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2.5%
Rewards ProgramQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 Qantas Point for $1 spent at Woolworths and Woolworth Group stores, in store and online

• 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on all other eligible purchases

There is no cap on earn rate.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay and Google Pay
Annual Fee$169 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$3
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Introductory Offers

$99 annual fee for the first year (normally $169) if you apply by 31 October 2019.

Reduced First Year Annual Fee $99
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 14 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Release dateJul 2011

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does Not Deliver What You Pay For .... Appalling Customer Service

Woolworths Money
Woolworths T.Woolworths Money

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. A private message has been sent to you. Thank you.

Bourb

BourbAU

Couples with Woolies Rewards Card for more Qantas Points.

Bea D

Bea DBrisbane

No explanation given for rejecting my application

Awful customer service. Customer service is in a foreign country and not in Australia so not possible to actually speak to anyone remotely connected to Woolworths and the credit card team. No explanation given to me as to why my application was rejected when I have an impeccable credit rating. As a result I will no longer shop at Woolworths or get fuel from their service stations.

Unacceptable service.

Have been trying to get Qantas Bonus points since August 2015, keep getting fobbed off by call centre, will not reply to emails, call centre is a waste of time, no other form of contact, shame, shame, avoid this company at all costs, they do not deserve our custom..

Stephen22

Stephen22Melbourne

TERRIBLE

I always find Woolworths as a great place to shop at, but their credit cards are in one word: VERY TERRIBLE! They have the WORST customer service in the WORLD. I believe they outsourced it to Philippines, and there you go. They might have reduced the cost, but they have compromised on quality!

Berger

Berger

Macquarie Bank Greed

Made to switch to new card. Change everything. Less points, less everything.
See ya. Don't need your card.
Watch your customers decrease now smart pie Woolworths.

Bad card

Bad card, bad customer service, bad website. Continues to charge interest even if card has been paid off in entirety

Be Warned

6 weeks after closing our account, we receive a statement saying we owe several hundred dollars from a third party transaction made 5 weeks after our account had been closed. This was not a recurring bill, something the girl on the help line seemed unable to understand. Despite the account being closed we were left with no alternative but to report the card we cut up weeks ago as stolen.

Andrew

Andrew

Unauthorized International charges

The direct debit payments suffered additional international currency conversion charges. When they are made in local currency. Telephone service happy to refund charges after a 12 Minute phone call but cannot explain why the charges have been made other than to confirm they are bank charges and no overseas transactions have occurred. Apparently "its just a routine glitch" No way I can trust a bank the behaves in this manner and neither should you.

Account closed!

Suzanna

Suzanna

Silly silly rules when they make a mistake.

Claire W

Claire WSYDNEY

No longer happy with Woolworths Qantas Money Credit Card

2 months ago Woolworths changed their policy on Frequent Flyer points cumulation for the month. It is now capped at 2500, so I no longer endorse this credit card. I will be cancelling it before they charge the annual fee.

Goodbye Woolworths Money

GG

GGBrisbane

Bad Bad Bad service from Macquarie Bank

Julie

Julieperth

Just dont do it!!

We had no problems with the previous provider - but the change to Maquarie bank is horrendous. We have now been locked out of our new credit cards which they refuse to activate because they "cant identify us and we are a security problem" Have never defaulted on a full payment each and every month. The worst customer service ever. Cant understand a word of what they say. We cannot even contact anyone now to find out what on earth is going on.

Absolutely Awful

This card is terrible, the worst customer service I have ever come across. Huge time delays in processing payments where as debits are almost instantaneous. Website is down more often than it is active making log in near impossible and good luck if you have to contact the "customer service" team. I'm sure they just say all the right things to get you off the phone and then no action. Change over to the new card was a nightmare and for all this we get to pay $50 a year extra for the privilege of having it. Don't even think about it!!!! I won't be staying!!!

APPALLING, APPALLING EXPERIENCE SINCE CHANGE FROM HSBC TO MACQUARIE

mpresara

mpresaraSydney, NSW

Absolute rubbish since changed from HSBC

Such a joke

I wish I can give 0 stars... the customers service is so amateur, they can not even make themselves understand and perform what they said they would do. Since the change from HSBC to MQ, the quality also changed from "bad" to "worse". Higher fee, longer wait to customer service, lower rewards, you name it. they promised the mobile app for half a year now, where is it?? my current year finishes this August, and I am sure going to cancel the card

Ann

AnnClontarf

Totally Incompetent Macquarie bank operation of this card service

Since this credit card has changed from HSBC, it has been an utter disaster. It takes a considerable amount of time on the phone to sort any problem out as emails are not answered. This week, I was informed my account had not been paid whereas it had the previous day. My statement shows a late payment fee and interest. I log in to my account and is shows that the payment was received on the due date, yet the late payment and interest are also there. I will be joining the exodus from this account. I object to giving up so much time on the phone sorting out their mess. It also reflects badly on Woolworths and Qantas.

Ozaub

Ozaubcanberra

Higher fee, less points and new card number. Let's boycott Woolworths

Totally agree with eastwest101, but it's got worse.
I was disappointed when the annual fee went up by 50% but the earn rate of 1 FFP per $1 spend was still attractive. Then this month the earn rate is cut by 50% above $2500 per month.
Now I've discovered that my MasterCard will be replaced by Visa and I have to change all my standing charge arrangements.
When Woolworths treats its customer with such disdain let's retaliate with a boycott

iiaann

iiaannasked

Can one pay the balance due on a ww cc at woolworths or big w?

Private Customer
Private Customer

yes you can. I think up to $1000 in cash (in one transaction).

Jo

Joasked

I received a marketing email in April 2013 from Woolworths Money regarding "Doubleville" for the Qantas card. It said you earn double the points during May 2013 and it would appear on the next statement (issued in June 2013). I received the next statement (for May 2013) and there were no bonus points. I phoned Woolworths Money and they said they knew nothing about this promotion or the email, which I unfortunately deleted and am unable to recover. Did anyone else receive this email or know about it? Thanks for your help

tojo
tojo

Jo
no idea as i cancilled my card 4 weeks after i recieved, to hard to deal with woolworths!!!!!!

RonFromOz
RonFromOz

Hi Jo. When I rang about double Qantas Points (for bookings made with Qantas) I was told they new nothing about the deal either. I persisted and rang an Australian based call centre and eventually they agreed. I got the 18,000 points and then cancelled the card and went with Bankwest. I have not had to argue with them over entitlements and their service has been great. In my case thought this was not a special promotion it was an apparent standard deal.

Cheerz