Woolworths Global Roaming Data SIM

Woolworths Global Roaming Data SIM

Great solution for Asia

This SIM worked seamlessly across all countries visited in Asia. It switched automatically between zones and data speed was excellent. Make sure you set up speedidata.com in your settings, and you should have no problems. Definitely recommend A++++

Purchased in October 2019 for $60.00.

Judy

Judy

That was a waste of money

I bought a $12 global roaming data pack (200mb) to use in Asia . It would not connect or work in my phone . So for 10$ I bought a local sim with 6gb data that I used in 2 different countries . Very disappointed in the product.

Purchased in October 2019 at Atherton for $12.00.

Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn't travel without it!

The Sim was easy to set up, worked everywhere in the US and a fraction of the price my provider was going to charge. I would highly recommend to anyone who needs to stay connected overseas

Purchased in September 2019.

Shaquille

ShaquilleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Does not work. Inaccurate information.

Bought sim online after speaking to online representative. Double checked whether it will work or not and advised it will. It was posted on time but unable to set up sim in my Samsung phone. Escalated the matter and was given wrong turn around time information twice by two different online chat reps. I do not know whether I can use this sim at all before flying to USA. No response from the team who looks after escalation.

Purchased in October 2019 at woolworth online.

MikeH

MikeH

Dont bother

I bought this sim for a trip to the USA and paid $69 AUS for the data package
It never worked, I had been in touch with the support team with no fix.
I will be expecting a refund on my return

Purchased in October 2010.

Rates and Fees

It doesn't work. I set it up to test in Australia, as recommended

SIM would not set up onto my iphone 7 and connect to either Optus or Vodaphone. A pre-departure test was recommended. It never found the network. I turned it on and off many times and I was on chat for an hour with level 1 support. Level 2 support message was that it is not suitable for my phone -- what, an iphone 7? My money is being refunded. Always test before you leave.

Purchased in October 2019.

SamU

SamUPerth, WA

Pleasantly surprised, I was dubious due to the number of poor reviews, but worked perfectly

Purchased in September 2019.

Macca

MaccaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Ripped off.

Bad experience 1 month ago in China. Had $80 credit but was cut off after 2 days because I hadn't topped up within 1 year. No warning no support. Don't have anything to do with this mob !!@@

Aisling M.Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)

Hi Macca, I am sorry to hear your credit expired while travelling. I have just sent you a PM in order to assist further.

Terrible

I am using the Data only Woolworths Global Roaming given that the voice/data service is being discontinued. I could not make it work in Bali. My activity is showing that I am using data but I simply do not have internet access. I paid for the $25 bundle.

Purchased in September 2019 for $25.00.

Aisling M.Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)

Hi, I am sorry to hear of the issues you are facing. I have sent you a PM in order to investigate this further for you.

Yen W

Yen WGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best recommended!!!

I saw many review mention no GOOD
But
As they having promotion for this sim I just buy a try
I would said is really GOOD!! I used it at Malaysia, Singapore , Thailand and Hong Kong in week. They really helpful. At least one stone kill all birds .
Should buy and be patient to wait few min for the sun to switch into local data.
Trust me is really good

Purchased in April 2019 for $12.00.

Aisling M.Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)

Hi Yen, we are delighted to hear of your experience using our product and hope you continue to use it for any future trips! If you need anything please just let us know :-)

Julie92

Julie92Sydney, NSW

DO NOT BUY THIS

Simply the worst product. Works whenever it feels like it. And when you need the support while overseas-Absolutely ZERO. Be smart, find some other SIM cards. Nothing can give you more headache then this

Purchased in May 2019.

Aisling M.Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)

Hi Julie, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience using our product. I have sent you a PM in order to investigate this further for you.

Noel

Noel

Just a poor product

I’ve persevered with this SIM for some years now despite numerous problems including calls not connecting, the sim suddenly being deactivated, credit going missing etc. I reckon around one call in five is successful.The situation in the past was that you lost your credit balance if the sim was not used for a period. Now, the deal has changed so that you lose your credit after a while if you don’t purchase more credit even if you have a sizeable balance already. This is an unfair practice and smacks to me of blackmail. I reckon I’ve been pretty patient with these people as the support staff are very helpful. But it’s just a lousy product and now I’m done with it.

Purchased in June 2015.

Aisling M.Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)

Hi Noel, I am sorry you are not longer continuing to use our product; if in future you decide to try our product again and have any queries or issues, we are always happy to help.

Choose and alternative

Bought last year for UK and Portugal. Failed in UK as vodaphone would accept the sim on data network. Took days to fix and was given 2gb credit. Tried in France this year and system dropped me from voice sms and data whilst there was plenty of credit. Still not working and help line generally helpless

Purchased in September 2018.

Aisling M.Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)

Hi Dazza, we are sorry to hear of your recent experience using our product. I have sent you a PM in order to investigate this further for you.

Janette

JanetteSouth East Queensland, QLD

No deactivation reminder and high minimum top up

I bought a Woolies sim years ago for the once or twice a year overseas travel. In the past it worked ok but because I only used it for phone calls/text messages, I had plenty of money on the card especially as the minimum yearly top up is $30. So when I mixed up my top up month recently, my sim was deactivated without warning and so I lost about $50. I contacted them - they could reactivate my number but I wouldn't get the money back. Next time I will choose a sim card that has a yearly top up of $5-$10 and sends an email reminder.

Purchased in June 2012 at Woolworths for $2.00.

John V

John VGordon 2906, ACT

Woolworths glodal voice Sim no longer avaiable

Went to replace voice sim lost from my partners phone told no longer avaiable is the voice sim in my phone still supported and if not what happens to $30 credits on both phones

Purchased in July 2017 at Woolworths Physical store for $29.00.

Aisling M.Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)

Hi John, our voice SIM is still supported until November 2019 so you can continue to use the product until then. If you have any further queries regarding this please do not hesitate to contact a member of our support team on team@roamsupport.com.

Konda P

Konda PSydney, NSW

Decent data only Sim for China and uk

I used this Sim in China and UK. Works well in China as it uses the Unicom network. Works well in the UK as well. Note, this is only a data Sim and you need a VPN in China to access Google or WhatsApp. I will buy again.

Also you need to set/select the APN before you can access the internet. Most of the time it happens automatically, sometimes you have to do it manually.

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $12.00.

Aisling M.Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)

Hi Konda, thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted to hear it! :-)

Alex V.

Alex V.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst of the worst, and misleading.

Added Global Data to my sim only to find out that it wasn't supported in Russia. GLOBAL implies that the data will work everywhere. Highly misleading, deceptive marketing and a waste of money. The call rates are average at best, many SMS messages sent previously are never recieved by the recipients. I've used this service overseas a few times and I can say now that I don't recommend Woolworths Mobile Roaming to anyone at all.

Purchased in August 2016.

Aisling M.Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)

Hi Alex we're very sorry to hear that. A PM has been sent to you so that we can investigate this further for you.

rebirdGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Woolworths global roaming in Vietnam

Been in Vietnam for a week and the data package is useless. Tried reloading the iOS config file, checked settings for APN and looked ok. NO DATA most unhappy I do not recommend, I am sending this using a onesimcard data package.

Purchased in May 2019 for $50.00.

rebird

Apparently The ‘Global’ data bundle does not cover Vietnam. Buyer beware!!

Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)
Adam W.Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)

CJM

CJMPerth, WA

Waste of money

Don't buy. Like other previous reviews, it is an useless sim card. I registered the sim before flying off. Turned it on at the destination, it picked the prefer carrier that was about it. I could not used the data at all. Just don't waste your money.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $5.00.

Aisling M.Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)

Hi Gillendog we're very sorry to hear that. A PM has been sent to you so that we can get this resolved for you asap.

orchidean

orchideanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not good. Waste of money

I purchased this SIM before our trip to Europe. It worked in London, but it did not work in Paris or Rome. I was happy when it worked in London and purchased 1GB of data adding another $25, but it was a waste of money. I even wrote to Woolworths global roaming asking for assistance but did not get a reply.
In Rome I purchased a "Wind" SIM. This was the best thing I did. We travelled to many parts of Europe and it worked everywhere.

Purchased in March 2019 for $37.00.

Aisling M.Woolworths Mobile (Global Roaming SIM)

Hi Orchidean, we're very sorry to hear that. A PM has been sent to you so that we can get this resolved for you asap.