Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (32), 1-2 months (12), 2-4 weeks (9), 1-2 weeks (6) and <1 week (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (35) · No (37)

terrible service

Have recently renewed house and contents insurance with Woolworths. After 3 phone calls I think my partner is now finally on the policy. Changed it from yearly deductions to monthly but the full yearly lump some was deducted. On hold for 1 hour still no one has answered

BanyekWestern Australia

Doubled premium, ignored cancellation

Banyek

Did you even read my review? I provided my policy number. Surely you can find my contact details based on that.

Worst Insurance Company/Service

One Star is being too generous. I experienced Storm Damage (fence came down) Shade Sail (Professionally installed, in good condition prior to the storm) was ripped, pool cover blown away. They are offering me $160.00 towards the repairs. It's a joke. This has been going on since late May. It took over a month to respond to emails or not at all. I had to find invoices of the install to prove it was done by a professional company, which I did finally manage to email them copies. Phoning them means a 10min+ wait time, then they offer to call back. Still waiting. I've asked them to refund my last renewal and will go with my original insurer. Changing to Woolworths Insurance was the biggest mistake.

Claim ApprovedYes
Marilyn
Marilyn
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Murray

Murray

Beware The Autorenew

AndrewSydney, NSW

BEWARE - Unethical & Unsubstantiated Premium increases!

In over 30 years I have never made an insurance claim. The area has low crime, is secure and at no risk of floods or fire. Woolworths tried to increase my annual premium by $486.70 or 24.7%.
Woolworths prey on citizens being too busy to check the increase. BEWARE. This is unethical & unsubstantiated.

Ramsay

Ramsay

Worst insurance policy

They charge way too much premium and the worst part is they renew your policy without your consent and without you giving them direct debit option. They charge from your card when the premium is due. They sent an email and a text of your policy falling due like any other insurer but they charge automatically from your card which no other insurer does. They don’t send an email about policy being renewed. To me this is cheating. Make sure to cancel the policy if you have one with them before it falls due

Coverage TypeHome Only
John

JohnSydney, NSW

ripped me off

I had Woolworths car and home insurance over a few years now. The first time I had to claim for it after the severe storms Woolworths insurance kept dragging. After 3 months they sent their assessors. I had fixed the issue by then. It was a leak in the roof. The assessors said that there was a PRE-EXISTING condition, which was about not there at all. They tried to contact me everyday after their quote to get this fixed. #Ripped #Woolworths Insurance # exetremely unhappy customer

Property TypeDuplex
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Marlise

MarliseSouth East Queensland, QLD

I will give one star as i cannot give 0

Customer service is TERRIBLE they do not care about their customers only the money they can make. Was on hold for 30+ minutes at least 3 times only to be told they will not even consider looking at renewal policy price and that if i received a cheaper quote somewhere else to just change, however it will take at least 5 days to refund me my money as that is their process even though they can take the money straight away.

Utterly incompetent!!

I have had to engage the help of the Ombudsman as the insurance company (Under The Hollard Insurance Company) sent out a builder to assess damage and not an insurance assessor, therefore things that were damaged weren't listed because "that should be ok", well it wasn't 'ok'. Contents that were damaged wasn't listed or I was told "you can get that fixed"....Sorry but I pay insurance AND an excess for you to fix my Home and Contents. Will be leaving as soon as this all gets resolved......if they ever pull their finger out!!

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateSeptember 2020

Dale D.

Dale D.Canberra 2600, ACT

Don't try to get a refund. They make it extremely difficult

I had contents insurance with them and when I moved house I contacted them. They won't take the new lease as proof that I have moved. Apparently they don't like to pay for damage to mobile phones or computers when they are in your house either. Steer clear of them.

Marvella S.

Marvella S.Perth, WA

No premium notice for Direct debit

Requested to speak to a supervisor several times and was refused regarding lack of notice for direct debit due. I happened upon our renewal completely on accident while looking for car insurance, then thought we have not received our notice for HOI yet. It was to be DD in 4 days and increased as well with no notice! Was given the standard pitch answers about mail delays (covid has been in effect for 6 months, billion dollar company should plan ahead) Don't send confirmation or notice emails and don't have outgoing line to ring home phones, but we will send them if we cancel your policy. But what fired me up was a flat refusal to let me speak to someone in charge! It was only after I got upset that they gave us an extension.

Amanda P.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Quite simply, don’t do it...

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2020

S WalkerPerth, WA

Very long wait times to speak to Anyone!

I have time to write this as it is now over 65 mins and still no attention to my call. Recently I have had the unfortunate necessity to need to contact Woolworths insurance. EVERY time it has taken over 30min before my call is answered and twice now I have had to be transferred as that person is not trained in that area even though I called number as advised on the top of my policy.

Heath

HeathSouth East Queensland, QLD

Money Hungry, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Trying to change my address after moving house. Was on hold for 19 minutes before I hung up and now waited 22 minutes for someone to attend online chat, I was then told it could be done on chat but would take 45 minutes or I would have to call back!!! So it’s bye bye useless Woolworthless Insurance

catchiqui

catchiqui

Months later 10% discount still not working

Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t be fooled by their initial cheap premiums

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2020

LeanneSydney, NSW

They don't allow you to cancel your direct debit

Zubair W.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance
Johnpaul

JohnpaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Service

I'd highly recommend Woolworths Insurance as they covered all contents impacted in my claim and my claim was looked into promptly and repairs performed on time.
They were quite accomodative during Covid19 pandemic and mine was completed in a month.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateApril 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Johnpaul, thanks for sharing your feedback, we are so pleased to hear your claim was settled promptly and when we get feedback like this it enables us to thank our team members for a job well done. Thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance.

Krisp

KrispPerth, WA

Ripped off!

Insured my iPhone it’s clearly on page 7. I have been with this company for five years first time I’ve made a claim and was told my phone isn’t for accidental breakage make sure you dont Get the standard cover, I was told over the phone it would be insured. $1,600 down the drain!Totally scammed

Elisabeth L.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Krisp, thanks for getting in touch with us about our coverage. We're sorry for any inconvience caused and have passed on your feedback to the relevant department. Thank you.

Woolworths Beware: This is definitely Fraudulent activity by a big player - be careful!

1st premium Was cheap (Online) then ramps by 50% next yr without any reason- automatically as well..Then spent equivalent of 4hrs trying, to contact by phone- 1hr 30mins was the longest in one try, then cut off..I have sent emails - with Robo reply’s asking to ring the 1300 number..Next step ombudsman.

Robert S.

Again today another 50 mins trying to get through, what a disgraceful organisation, please let everyone know.