• Coverage Type
    • Home Only (16)
    • Contents Only (10)

Dabs

DabsSydney, NSW

Very friendly staff who don't tell you the truth.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateJanuary 2020

totally disappointed with response to our claim

Our claim was refused after being told a few weeks ago that everything was fine, the roof will be repaired and the lounge room painted. They also told us that the roof was made water tight while they would send a roof plumber....waiting on the phone today for 2 hours and then being told by this person who didn't know what he was talking about that our claim was denied. This whole procedure was totally unprofessional.

Property TypeTownhouse
Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Stuart R.

Stuart R.South East Queensland, QLD

Suck you in with good price and then BOOM!

I took out Woolworths Home INsurance 12 months ago and got the renewal notice at 25% increase??????? I live in a fire-free area well above the flood plain, CPI is about 1.8%, my pay increase is lucky to be the same and it's OK to bang 25% onto a premium (no claims)! Guess I'll vote with my feet. Isn't there a regulator to stop these rorts?

Don't waste your time

Melissa

Melissa

SLOW, SLOW, SLOW!!!

Having Property Damage Might Be The Start of Your Problems

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Craig
Craig

Claim 969882. All the required details should be contained in that claim.

nscribbles

nscribblesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Warning! Painfully long hold times

Called 7 times within the last 5 business days between their trading hours of 8am and 8pm.
Sat on hold between 30-50minutes each time before giving up.
There is on option to leave your contact details for a return call like there is with other insurance providers.
I will be now be cancelling my policy, if I ever get through as I am too busy to have wasted more than 4hours of my time sitting on hold with no resolution.
What awful, terrible service!

Edbretty

Edbretty

No follow up

barry

barryPerth, WA

after ringing on 3 occasions and not getting through gave up, just imagine trying to make a claim.Not worth the hassle

Would no longer waste my time after ringing on 3 occasions and not getting through but just left hanging on phone for 30 minutes. Gave up and looking elsewhere for company with service, just imagine how long it would take make claim No way Woolworths

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeApartment/Unit
Rach

RachPerth, WA

Useless

I renewed my home and contents insurance in January and my premiums went up quite a lot so I was told if I renew I would be given 10,000 Woolworths points. I had to follow this up several times then got told they would need to replay the recording of this being promised. Don't take the customers word for it I'm not a liar and that's how they made me feel. I have cancelled and gone with another Insurer. Will never use Woolworths Insurance again!!

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Without Authorisation charged my Card, Won't give the Money Back

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Not a problem John, and thank you for responding to us. You can contact us on customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au or if you private message us through this with your above information we can have our team contact you.

Honest01

Honest01South East Queensland, QLD

Best insurance no hassle

Insurance is good value and my claim was settled in just a few weeks. I will not be going anywhere.
Air conditioner stopped and after getting a quote it was fix. So happy.

Type of ClaimLightning
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Disgusting

House fire on Xmas day 2019 left with no alternative accommodation options and nothing except it's Xmas day sir please understand that this will be a longer than usual process.

Jeremy

JeremyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Reasonably happy with the insurance

Although there could be a lot more improvements such as the use of web chat and faster customer service times as well as better pricing, Woolworths insurance isn't too bad in comparison to the competition. Hopefully it will be improved.

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Warning to those that pay monthly

Unlike other insurers, if you pay monthly with Woolworths insurance and choose to cancel your policy, you don't get a refund for that part month - it's in their T&Cs, FYI.

Richard

RichardMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Home and contence

We had an accident in home and needed to make a claim only to discover that its to hard to get the claim done or get contact over the phone with woolworths insurance . Im very disappointed with the whole way they doing their job,they make promises they don't keep and it really feels they only want to collect money. There for i canceled the claim and the insurance with Woolworths, also i will not even think to go and do my weekly shopping at Woolworths supermarkt, i have a very bad experience with woolworths.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim Resolution Time3+ months

pragnesh p.

pragnesh p.Sydney, NSW

Woolworth insurance taken out money from my credit card as auto renew on due date

I didn't want to renew my home insurance with Woolworth. They taken out money from my credit card as auto renew. Calling several time to get my money back. Haven't got.

Cannot buy Quote

The site is so slow and timing out. I have been on competitor websites and got quotes so it is not a fault with my internet. If I have wasted 45minutes and still cannot get to the paying page, then how long and frustrating will it be if I need to claim!

Jason

JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

25% Increase - Zero Claims

Received my first quote and signed up 12 months ago. Just received my renewal for the new year with no claims made - premium increase of 25%. I will vote with my feet sending a Middle Finger Salute their way while taking my business elsewhere!

Sara C.

Sara C.Perth, WA

They try and deny your claim

I would not reccomend on my recent experience as they first declined my claim with incorrect reasons that they said were outside policy. I challenged this as the reasons they provided in my opinion where their way of trying to get out of paying. I challenged and dispelled their reasons to finally get my claim approved by escalating via a complaint and then they tried it on by approving a smaller amount than what I should have been receiving. Again I challenged successfully and got twice as much as their initial offer.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Lutz

Lutzasked

How come no one is answering when I call about my insurance claim
Trying to call since last Wednesday every time I’m waiting for over an hour today I’ve been waiting for 2 hours and no one takes the call!!!!
This is absolutely unacceptable!!!
How do I get to talk to anyone???
HELP!!!!!!!!

I had the same problem, finally spoke to a lovely girl her name is Anisy....was very helpful....I hope our issue will be resolved this week...

john

johnasked

just got text home ins policy hom105892856 what is this for been waiting on phone for 30 minutes

Amanda B.
Amanda B.

Why are you asking me you moron

Fired Up
Fired Up

I don’t understand your question

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey John, thank you for your question and we do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately we are not able to discuss personal policy details here so please contact our friendly customer service team via the phone at 1300 10 1234 or via live web chat through our website.

Cheryl

Cherylasked

Hi, trying to organise Home & Contents Insurance. Completed all details and requested purchase. Received this message,
"The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 16084609135762322655

What has happened? What do I need to do now!

Thanks Cheryl

alxge56
alxge56

Cheryl
Woolworth on line gets in your information and does not allow you to get the quote forces you to contact them in my case I called and had to wait a long time The service was so pathetic and misleading If at this stage they are found ripping cash and I do not trust when you request a claim either they will knock you off by some lame excuse my quote given was similar to Allianz Who have better standing in the market I would tell you get NRMA because at just $50 extra as they are the best in the market You can visit NRMA office directly face to face all the best do not go ever to these no frills brand even CBA

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Cheryl, thanks for your review about us and about your online quote experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, and full name in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP and help you with your insurance. Thank you.

Dans99
Dans99

Don’t bother with Woolworths insurance. They are cheaper as they don’t honour claims that other insurance companies would. Their service is a joke and that if you even get any service if you happen to have 40 minutes to speak to someone.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance representatives