smooth claim process

We had some water damage a few weeks back to our ceiling and pool table. Rang woolworths insurance, had trades people out within a few days. Cracked roof tiles caused leak, so now everything fixed. Pool table was a write off. I was a bit worried about woolworths insurance after reading reviews, but seriously cannot fault them. Highly recommend them.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019

The worst Customer service ever

I received an e mail about the renewal premium for my home and content Insurance. I noticed this was an increase of 23% from last Year. After many attempts and wasted time managed to speak to them and they agreed to adjust the premium and I agreed. Normally they debit my credit card for the premium, now I got a new card and I registered to alter my details. While doing so I made a mistake in my name. To correct this I have been trying to contact them for more than a week. Finally last Thursday I sent the following E mail.
"For the last 4days I have been trying to contact you by Mail, Text and phones. During this period I have called 6times and every time I held on the phone for a minimum of 20 minutes without any answer from your Unfriendly customer service. I have never encountered any other service in Australia like this!! As a last resort I went on a chat with one of your team and she couldn’t help me either!!

My problem is very simple, I want to pay my renewal insurance. I am unable to update my new credit card online. I want to talk to someone to pay the premium and update my credit card. This shouldn’t take more than 3 minutes on the phone.
If I don’t get a call from someone URGENTLY I will go on the public and other media to explain about WOOLWORTHS"

Siva Balendra

Perfect and Cheap

I have been with Comm bank for Home and contents Insurance for 4 years with Zero claims but still they increased my premium to $1400 from $1027. I searched for a cheaper option online and found that Woolworths are offering Home and Contents insurance at much much cheaper than CBA. I ended up paying $836 for the same policy and saved close to $560

Claim MadeNo
Hi Chenna Krishna Reddy Ban, Thank you for your feedback and your review. We are glad to hear that you have been able to save so much on your home and contents policy. We believe that every dollar counts, so we try our best to ensure we offer great products at low prices with excellent customer service, as it makes the experience that much better. We would like to once again thank you for your review.

Waiting time on phone is outrages

I called them to do changes to my contents policy, was on hold for over 35 minutes and the phone got disconnected. All you hear when on hold is thanks for being patient, we will attend to you shortly. There is no mention about estimated hold time or what number you are in the queue. Most of the businesses do let the customer know the estimated wait time and provide option to receive a call back without losing your number in the queue. With such ridiculous amount of waiting time they should be offering a call back service. Even the small businesses have this in place, I wonder why a giant company like Woolworths won't put this in place. Do they think in this busy lives we have time to waste on the phone calls.
I just don't understand executives working with woolworths, getting fat salaries can't think of handling this issue by implementing a simple technology where people can leave their name and number to receive a call back instead of making them wait for hours.
They basically don't value customer's time at all and make them wait for hours. I went online as well, there is no options to do amendments to the policy, so basically you have to speak to a human being to do discuss the changes which means waste your valuable time waiting for someone to answer the call.
Looking for other options now to switch my insurance policy, I would rather give business to someone who cares for the customers.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim MadeNo
Hi Tan, Thank you for your feedback and your review. We would like to apologize for the experience you have encountered in terms of the wait time on the phones, we have been experiencing very high call volumes over the last 3 weeks and are working hard on trying to get the calls answered as fast as we can. In the future, if you need to contact us to make changes we do have a live web chat option on our website, where you will speak to a customer service representative and they can make the same changes over webchat. We also are able to make changes through our customer service email. We will also pass your feedback on to the relevant department. Can you please confirm if you were able to get your enquiry resolved over the phone? We look forward to your response.

Poor Service

I rang them to discuss payment of my policy and was on hold for 53 minutes before they answered. A ridiculous amount of time, no matter how busy they say they are.

Claim MadeNo
Dear Markus, Thank you for your review, We would like to sincerely apologise for the call wait times, we are experiencing very high call volumes over the last week, which has resulted in long wait times to speak to someone over the phone. If you are still needing to inquire about your payment on your policy we do have a live chat option, where a representative can assist you over chat, we can also be contacted via email, and also offer a self-service option called our My insurance portal where you can track the payments of your policy. Can you please confirm if your enquiry has been resolved? As we can look at arranging a team member to contact you to discuss your enquiry. One of our core values is to listen and learn, so we will pass your feedback on to the relevant department so we can improve our services in the near future,

guys stay away from this insurer ,don't waste your money with Woolworths insurance!

After more than 16 months of having cover with Woolworths insurance they declined my first flood claim even without listening to me I'd cancelled my policy after few times calling them and waiting 1 hour to be answered very rude customer service!!!

Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateJune 2019
Dear Reza, Thank you for your review, we would like to firstly apologise of the customer service experience you have encountered whilst dealing with your claim and the cancellation of your policy. We will pass your feedback on to the relevant department. We would also like to apologise for the claims team not listing to you when you were making your claim, this feedback will be passed on to our claims team for them to look at improving their services in the future.

Terrible service

Horrible to try and speak to by phone, even worse by " live chat". Simply waiting far too long to be acceptable. Due to trying to " speak " to a human being on my one day off, I was left so entirely frustrated 4 times, that I shopped around. I got much better seniors policy rate and after several years I wish I had done so much earlier. Dreadful customer relations if you are expected to wait for long periods of time every time you phone. Save yourself the hassle go to well known Senior Insurance providers if over 50, you will be.much better of. "The fresh food people" .....not by a long shot, by the time you get through, their generic music and so called soothing prompt are nothing but STALE AND UNFRESH....

Claim MadeNo
Hi Denice, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our customer service and live chat. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you.I have cancelled my policy, cannot be bothered ever going through the angst with your company ever again.Dear Denice, Our sincere apologies for the experience you have received, One of our core values at Woolworths Insurance is to listen and learn so if you did receive a survey after canceling the policy we would appreciate if you fill the survey out as your feedback is important us so we can look at improving our services in the future.

home insurance

please dont use woolworths home insurance I had a timber panel and tiles which had was water damaged they brought a assessor to my home and didnt advise me the scope of works to be completed

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim DateNovember 2018
Dear Ant, I apologise in regards to the way this claim was dealt with. So I can get the situation further looked into, could you please privately message us with your policy number, contact number and claims number so that the Claims Department will be able to help you as promptly as possible. We care deeply for our customers and will make sure that this is looked into once you provide us with the necessary information. Thanks, Ben.

Terrible, awful, hopeless

I have called multiple times to cancel my policy through 1300 numbers.
Whenever I call all their agents are busy at the moment. Bloody 30 minutes of waiting is nothing. This is ridiculous. Not once but many times. How can I rely on this kind of service as my insurance??????? Woolworths should be offering something better than this??

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim MadeNo
Hi Eric, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our cancellation process, please be advised you can also email us to cancel or web chat with us to cancel. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you.I left a message for a call back. Woolworths did. Guess what? It was automatic call. They put me on waiting list again????? What a joke? Another waiting... Expected a human call me back. Did I expect something unrealistic? Luckily I got it through in the end. Just simple inquiry for cancellation took me more than a week.Dear Eric, What you were expecting is not realistic and we do understand where you are coming from. We do offer a virtual hold, and what happens is that when our call queues are not as busy as when your first call, the system automatically calls you back for you to be in the queue for the next available agent to speak with you, we do understand that sometimes when this occurs, there is still a wait time, we are currently working on this process. Can you please let us know if your enquiry has been resolved? At Woolworths Insurance one of our core values is to listen and learn, so we do appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the relevant department, if you did speak with someone on the phone you may receive a survey, if you do receive a survey we would appreciate it if you submit your feedback through this survey, as this does get overlooked my management and will allow us to improve our services in the future.

Worst Insurance Company EVER

Had 2 home claims due to the Dec 2018 storms in NSW. On one house the antennae was knocked over and went through the roof causing leaks. The assessor managed to come out and COMPLETELY MISS the 4cm by 4cm hole punched through the roof by the antennae and tried to blame the leaks on an ageing roof. The other I have had 2 dodgy looking builders come out (no internet sites or contact details on the web) so am trying to settle but every time I call Woolworths they tell me a lessor figure than the last phone call. Have gone absolutely out of their way to reject my claim. Insurance Ombudsman here I come!

Claim MadeNo
Hi there, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with your claims experience. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you.

4 months and counting

Had a hail storm in March. 5-6 inspections on the damage and only fly screens fixed. Sigh... I don’t see it ever been fixed. Some what disappointing. Probably will have to get it fixed myself and write it off.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Hi Llewellyn E, thanks for your review about us and about your claims experience. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, claim number and policy number in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP. Thank you.

Worst insurance company I’ve have ever seen

Almost 7 months later and still have not finished basic repair work.... my word against a lying Builder John Lyng Group... Dodgey Lying Deceitful Stay away from both ... you have been

August 4th 2019 Update: Worst insurance company in the wold

After 8 months of dealing with idiots and the worst bunch of thieves at John Lyng group my repairs still aren’t looking like being done.... Woolworths insurance listens to what their lying builder tell them not what the customer says..... WARNING stay away from Woolworth Insurance at all costs.......they don’t know the first thing about customer support,, they should stick to groceries....after 47 phone calls to them I’m done....

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Hi Rayoss, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with Woolworths Insurance. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you. Thank you

Waste Of Time!

1hr and 10 Minutes waiting on the phone, and still counting, I'm sure the CEO of Woolworths would find this an unaccepatable wait if went into any buisness!!!!!!
Why should your customers have to wait this long. Do Something About This!
What a waste of my time !!!

Claim MadeNo
Hi Alex, I apologize for that experience. We are quite busy during this time of the year. we also have other avenues of contact like our webchat service or you can always email our admin team. At Woolworths one of our core values is to listen and learn. Please feel free to give us honest feedback as we are always looking at ways to improve. Alternatively, if you require further assistance please provide your contact number, the state & your policy number via private message and we can contact you directly.Thank you Mohammed, For getting back to me, it would have been beneficial if the message on hold, would have relayed these options, rather than just "Thank me for my patience" for over an hour, maybe this is something that Woolworths Insurance should introduce to the message. I will look at the options you have given. ThanksHi Alex, We do appreciate your feedback and time in regards to wait times on the phone, we understand it can be very frustrating, we have relayed your feedback to the relevant department as we are always looking for ways to improve our options and processes. We would like to thank you for your time and appreciate your patience.

Home & Contents Insurance

Just completed a major claim worth $120,000 when a flex hose flooded our house while we were on holiday. From the start to the end Woolworths were brilliant, they put us up in great accommodation and provide premium builders, we couldn’t recommend them more highly 11/10 Woolworths!

Claim DateDecember 2018
Hi Ron, we appreciate the positive feedback. We are glad we could assist you with your claim. Part of our Woolworths core values is we care deeply for our customers and we always do the right thing for them. please feel free to give us honest feedback as we are always looking at ways to improve.Thank you for your response. We truly could not fault Woolworths and there subsidiary claims partners, CCS worked up to Christmas eve to clean up and dry out our house and your insurance assessor came on New Year’s Eve. Them Claims Central provided SNT Constructions who did the most fabulous repair work often working into the evening. Added to this, you worked with us to find and pay for great accommodation to help us through a very difficult time, truly this is what insurance is all about, thank you again. Ron

Woolworths insurance is pathetic if making a claim.

Claim made 4 January for a flood cased by hot water system. Claim approved. Assessor came out immediately. Paper work from Claims central received 5 March. Builder came out about 2 April and said he would be intouch 6 April but NEVER came back. I spoke to him on 19/4 and Gihad said he was really busy and I argued why accept the job then. It's 23 April, NO work has begun. Again, I ring Claim Central who have kept passing file around the office and NOTHING done who now transfer me to Hollard Insurance and I wait for hours trying to get through. Meanwhile, my 83 year old dad with Alzheimer's is sleeping in a room which has smelly damp carpet and his clothes in the closet are also going mouldy. Drycleaners collected all the clothes in the wardrobe and cleaned them. Some were not able to be cleaned as well as handbags. Jumpers had shrunk and now awaiting what they will do about these. It's now 29 June 2019, NO one returns my calls or emails and this claim is still not finalise. The carpet underlay still not changed and carpets not cleaned. DON'T go to Woolworths, not worth the stress if you have to make a claim. 6 months and still ongoing.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Hi, we can see that you are currently in contact with our resolutions team.No one calls or responds to my emails. Not sure what your definition is of 'contact'.Received call today that the excess has not been paid but the sms states excess to be paid NIL. Been 6 months and this is also confusing to your company.

Experience with a quote

Woolworth's home and contents insurance was the cheapest of 5 quotes. I got a quote using Woolworth's website but two days later the website wouldn't let me open my quote. So I telephoned and asked for an email of my quote which I received. All of my questions asked on the telephone were answered clearly and politely. To compensate for my inconvenience caused by the Woolworth's website issue I was offered a $50 discount voucher. I have read a lot of adverse reviews here but I will proceed with Woolworth's home and contents insurance because I am confident that, should I make a claim and should a problem occur, I can handle any problems.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Kenneth, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your fantastic experience with our Sales Team. We hope you have a great Weekend and thank you for choosing Woolworths Insurance. If there is anything we can do to help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.Hi Ryan, I checked today and the Woolworth's website issue that I referred to in my comment has not been resolved

poor service

The first call gave me picture of woolworths insurances home and content is unreliable, I asked for a quote it was verbal and failed to send me an email quote of PDS which was promised ; if the insurance is cheaper by $50 per month from the current provider do not even think of taking insurance from woolworth bunch.

Claim MadeNo
Hi alxge56, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our Sales Team. If you wish to discuss your concerns further, please give us a call on 1300 10 1234 or alternatively send us a private message with your name and contact number, so we can arrange for a team member to contact you. ThanksThe clarity of discussions and terms of your home insurance is very broad with no guarantee to settle claims I was told the limit for extra is $2000 which is not even included your comprehensive home insurance and reading even reviews makes conclude the policies and outcomes are not trusted Do not compete with reliable insurance companies with cheap quotes with hidden flaws I will never recommend your insurance policies to anyone

Don’t get Woolworths Insurance.

Woolworths insurance will not cover claims that most other insurance companies will cover. They send contractors out specifically to back out of claims. My elderly mother and father had a fair claim. Never made a home insurance claim in 45+ years. Woolworths knocked a claim back that other insurance companies would honour. I know this for fact as we found other people that had the same issue covered by another insurance company. Absolute thieves, very rude and will keep you waiting as long as they can on the phone. You may save a few dollars going with Woolworths insurance but if you need to ever make a claim good luck chances are they won’t honour it.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Dans99, thanks for your review about us and about your parents claims experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that they have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you and them further. If you can please let us know their preferred contact number, state, claim number and policy number in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with them ASAP. Thank you.

Making a claim and not looking forward to receiving the terrible service highlighted in other reviews

I have a water leak under the bathroom floor. I’ve called customer service over the weekend, they have told me to go ahead and get it fixed and put in the claim once I have paid the repair bills. They told me I could arrange my own suppliers as they have no preference on suppliers. However they won’t tell me what I’m covered for on my policy. This is really poor. I’m terrified of having a large repair bill that I can’t afford to meet - that’s why I have insurance. Yet you can’t tell me what I’m covered for. This is not a positive or reassuring experience. After reading the other reviews I’m not hopeful that this experience will be quick or easy to resolve (and I mean the insurance claim), getting the leak fixed and floor tiles taken up and replaced is beginning to look easier than dealing with the insurance company. Seriously considering switching once this is over. The whole ‘value for money’ experience is heavily dependent on the claims experience. Watch this space - if it’s a fair customer experience then I’ll be happy to come back and say so.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid and No Claim Made
Hi Rosalyn B. Thanks for getting in touch with us about your cover and claim. We are sorry to hear that your experience has not been a confident one. We would like to have the Home Insurance Team follow this up directly. Please share with us your preferred contact number and policy number.Thank you for contacting me. My policy is HOM107263297. My contact details are up to date on my records with Woolworth’s. I don’t really want to share them on a public website. Please ask a representative to call me at 9am (local WA time) on Monday morning.

2 months to process a claim

I was robbed beside my garage and the Insurance classified this event as out of home robbery which resulted in paying $800 of the claim that was about $4,000.

Anyhow, that was not so terrible as it was the claim process. I called the Insurance 3 to 4 times over a period of 2 months and had to wait between 30min and 45min each time I called. To check the progress of the claim, i would send an e-mail with reference nimber and all relevant details to them, however, the emails were never responded to.
I would never recommend Woolworths Insurance to anyone, even though their price was very competitive.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeTownhouse
Type of ClaimTheft
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2019
Hi Sotir S., thanks for your review about us and about your claims experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, claim number and policy number in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP. Thank you.Hello there I can't see how to PM you. Please message me and I will provide the requested detailsHi Sotir S. Alternatively please email us at customerservice@woolworthsinsurance.com.au with the above information and our agent will contact you as soon as we receive that email.

Hi, trying to organise Home & Contents Insurance. Completed all details and requested purchase. Received this message, "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. Your support ID is: 16084609135762322655 What has happened? What do I need to do now! Thanks Cheryl
Cheryl Woolworth on line gets in your information and does not allow you to get the quote forces you to contact them in my case I called and had to wait a long time The service was so pathetic and misleading If at this stage they are found ripping cash and I do not trust when you request a claim either they will knock you off by some lame excuse my quote given was similar to Allianz Who have better standing in the market I would tell you get NRMA because at just $50 extra as they are the best in the market You can visit NRMA office directly face to face all the best do not go ever to these no frills brand even CBAHi Cheryl, thanks for your review about us and about your online quote experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, and full name in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP and help you with your insurance. Thank you.Don’t bother with Woolworths insurance. They are cheaper as they don’t honour claims that other insurance companies would. Their service is a joke and that if you even get any service if you happen to have 40 minutes to speak to someone.

Hi, I currently have landlord Insurance with Woolworths and have a claim in progress for water damage on an internal wall. After reading these reviews I will be keeping a very close eye on the whole process until completed. P.S Not a good look for this Insurance Company..
Hi David, totally agree. My father has never made a claim in 50 years only to have a fair claim knocked back for the garage roof falling due to high winds on his car and hobby gear in the garage. The house is maintained to a high level and in perfect condition. Yet Woolworths stated lack of maintenance. In no way did the plaster look like it was failing before this.Guys insurance claims are rejected even my last experience with commonwealth bank home insurance was declined as leaking roof garage blamed the builder and my insurance from CBA private top hospital cover declined my kidney cancer tumor surgery nephrotomy radical as preexisting condition It was case advance stage I do not recommend Woolworths or CBA NRMA insurance is the best on the market maybe AllianzHi David M., thanks for your review about us and about your claims experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, claim number and policy number in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP. Thank you.

HI, In our own house there is a gap developed between our foundation slab and perimeter concrete. the stormwater pipe broke as well, and it been checked by one of the plumbers, stating it can be because of stormwater accumulation underneath and making soil moving underneath the concrete, seems like perimeter need to take out, we got a gas pipe as well which I am suspecting whether it is going to be broken because of the movement, just wondering is Woolworth insurance going to cover anything if we need to re-concreting and fix the pipe , please let me know
I'm not with the insurance company you need to call the insurance company and ask them alternatively read your policy however it will be quicker to call them.Hello Lija p. Thank you for that question and hopefully we can assist you quickly. In regards to your specific situation it is best to call us on 1300 10 1234 and one of our agents will go through all the details with you and will give you some indication into whether we can cover your instance or not.Thank you

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Contact Number 1300 10 1234
24-Hour Phone Contact No
Online Live Chat No
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Landlord, Life, Pet and Travel