1.9

Gary H.

Gary H.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Unresponsive. Farms out claim processing to a company that can only handle part of the claim.

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Poor customer service

Woolworths use a contractor called Restorex they come and knock door with out appointment. I never recommend Woolworths insurance.they are cheap for the first year then they increase never buy the policy with them.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Boades

BoadesSydney, NSW

Isn’t it funny

Isn’t it funny how when you purchase their insurance they take your payment instantaneously yet if you cancel or get a refund of same policy it takes them 2 weeks to get your money back. Pure greed and poor service.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

jcodey24

jcodey24South East Queensland, QLD

We have almost completed a storm damage claim and I have to say the service from Woolworths Insurance has been nothing short of amazing from start to finish. Claim Central organised the repair which involved carpentry, painting and finally floor polishing. Yes it was a process but I would highly recommend based on our experience.

Claim DateDecember 2019

They will not return your calls. They will not return your emails. They will do nothing.

In January our house was struck by lightning and caught fire. It is now uninhabitable. Five months later we still do not know when anything will be done. Every scrap of information is dragged from them after waiting on hold for over an hour.
They will not return your calls. They will not return your emails. They will not answer your call in under an hour.
Our next step is legal action.
If you value your home, what's in it and your mental health, avoid this company.

Type of ClaimLightning
Claim DateJanuary 2020
thf

thfGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dont be fooled

Quick and easy to take your money but if you have a claim is ridiculous hold on the line for ages only to be cut off. No complaint phone number same as the number you have been holding on. Will keep transferring to other operators only to be cut off. First lodged claim at night got through only to find they are based in South Africa. Do not have dealings with this company not Australian based very misleading. Still waiting for some idea as to when the claim is going to be approved or work started. Will cancel at first chance please dont be fooled like I was.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Unhappy Customer

Unhappy CustomerVictoria

Woolworth Landlord Insurance SCAM

Graham

GrahamSydney

Agent of overseas insurer

I purchased a contents policy with Woolworths and found after reading the document they were in fact an agent of a South African Insurer. I would rather keep my money in Australia. If there is a dispute does Australian Commercial Law apply or are we subject to dealing with an overseas insurer

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeApartment/Unit

EricSouth East Queensland, QLD

Making it difficult for a policy holder

House and contents cover due for renewal within a few days and I wanted to switch from monthly payments to a one-off annual payment. Couldn't be done, I was told, except by cancelling the original cover and starting afresh, taking at least 15 - 20 minutes on the phone, I was again told. I don't have 15 to 20 minutes to waste going through old stuff all on file and unchanged in every respect.

Not happy, Woolies!

Eric

just FYI, I did endeavour to make the change prior to the renewal date.

Home and Contents Insurance

Inflexible and jacked up premium on renewal

Clem

Clem

Just Awful. Please read this as a warning!

Awful. Don't do it. It's been over 7 months and I still have a damaged vanity from a burst pipe. Countless hours being on hold and emails going no where for multiple issues along the way, very difficult communication. I've been told I'm finally getting a cash settlement direct deposited which still won't cover the cost to repair but at this point I'm exhausted. Its been 2 months and I still have to call and email them weekly getting told the same thing and still seeing no money!??.... initial claim was October 2019. I dont know if its incompetence, lack of care or just terrible communication between their staff.. but I cant wait to make the switch. Please re think their cheap prices as it comes with very poor service!

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Steve

StevePerth, WA

Storm insurance claim

The claim process was slow and cumbersome. I had to follow up several times to find out the status of my claim. I asked to escalate my grievance. I did not receive a reply. The amount offered was woefully short of the amount required to fix the fence. It took 10 days to receive an approval to pay out my claim. In comparison my neighbours insurance payed out within 48 hours. You only know how good your insurance is when you actually have to make a claim. It would appear you get what you pay for including insurance.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMay 2020

Do not auto renew!

Seemed ok for first year, then raised price by 50%. Blamed 10% on bushfires, 20% expired discount and 20% stop-asking-questions.
Complaints department shuttered due to coronavirus. Saved $700 by going elsewhere.

Waiting2020

Waiting2020Perth, WA

Worst Insurance Company Ever

Initially they are cheap but the following year they were back up to the same as any other company. We lodged a claim on our house prior to Christmas and it took until February before the claim was rejected. The independent claims tribunal overturned the decision in March and it is now May with very little progress at all. As soon as the claim is finalized we will be switching companies as I couldn't go through the +1 hour waits on the phone to speak to someone again. Absolutely pathetic.

Claim DateDecember 2019

Deserve zero stars

Raised our claim 21/3. After me making contact with them 8 times our claim is still nowhere closer to being finalised. I have re-sent photos 3 times.

Do NOT go with Woolworths Insurance.

Type of ClaimTheft and Vandalism/Malicious Damage

Josh W.

Josh W.Perth, WA

A Number Not a Person and definitely not a Customer.

• +2
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Linh

LinhGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible service

Logged a claim for water damage on the roof , Claim number 985240 , 3 weeks ago , the water is still flooded the ceiling every time it rains , running down into the floor, until now I haven't got the response .

Call the 1300 .. number for update . after spending 10mins on l the unnecessary options,/ announcement .. get into the right session , but its still on hold , no one answer for almost 30 mins now ..

Not sure anyone else experience the same or not . I'm frustrated it , horrible service,
I think I should switch to other even through it is little more expensive .

For those Woolworth managers out there , are you ever considering servicing your customer ???

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateApril 2020
Kenny

Kenny

Great customer service

We had some damage to our patio and external wall due to storm damage in October of last year. We contacted Woolworth home insurance and they gave me a direct contact of my claim assessor and the claim was made a lot easier. A lot of the contact was online via me sending photos of the damage, and it was a smooth process. They process the claim in a very timely manner and were really helpful to deal with. I have just renewed my home and contents with them based on the service they gave me.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Girish

GirishPerth, WA

No response from the insurer

I made a claim on Monday 20/04/2020. I was advised that an agent will contact me and come over for the inspection. Today is Friday 24/04/2020 and no one from the insurance company has contacted me for inspection.

Claim DateApril 2020
Nathan

NathanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Customer Service

I don't even know if they have a customer service team at this point, they haven't replied to any of my e-mails.
going on 3 weeks with no response, i've sent 3 follow up e-mails after receiving confirmation my policy is going up by 26%

Absolutely disgusted by Woolworthes, never again will i insurre or shop with this company.

Hello Coles!

Lutz

Lutzasked

How come no one is answering when I call about my insurance claim
Trying to call since last Wednesday every time I’m waiting for over an hour today I’ve been waiting for 2 hours and no one takes the call!!!!
This is absolutely unacceptable!!!
How do I get to talk to anyone???
HELP!!!!!!!!

Helen Platkowski
Helen Platkowski

I had the same problem, finally spoke to a lovely girl her name is Anisy....was very helpful....I hope our issue will be resolved this week...

Jay P.
Jay P.

Hello All,

customers of this insurance company know how unprofessional and useless it is.
for those interested let us start a class action with ACCC

Customer Service RepWoolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey Lutz,
Thank you for getting in contact.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this process may have caused.
As you are probably aware with everything thats going on, our claims department is in high demand at the moment. The correct number to get in contact with the claims department is 1300 10 12 34 and follow the correct prompts that will take you through to the correct claims team.

john

johnasked

just got text home ins policy hom105892856 what is this for been waiting on phone for 30 minutes

Amanda B.
Amanda B.

Why are you asking me you moron

Fired Up
Fired Up

I don’t understand your question

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hey John, thank you for your question and we do apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately we are not able to discuss personal policy details here so please contact our friendly customer service team via the phone at 1300 10 1234 or via live web chat through our website.

Cheryl

Cherylasked

Hi, trying to organise Home & Contents Insurance. Completed all details and requested purchase. Received this message,
"The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 16084609135762322655

What has happened? What do I need to do now!

Thanks Cheryl

alxge56
alxge56

Cheryl
Woolworth on line gets in your information and does not allow you to get the quote forces you to contact them in my case I called and had to wait a long time The service was so pathetic and misleading If at this stage they are found ripping cash and I do not trust when you request a claim either they will knock you off by some lame excuse my quote given was similar to Allianz Who have better standing in the market I would tell you get NRMA because at just $50 extra as they are the best in the market You can visit NRMA office directly face to face all the best do not go ever to these no frills brand even CBA

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Cheryl, thanks for your review about us and about your online quote experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, and full name in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP and help you with your insurance. Thank you.

Dans99
Dans99

Don’t bother with Woolworths insurance. They are cheaper as they don’t honour claims that other insurance companies would. Their service is a joke and that if you even get any service if you happen to have 40 minutes to speak to someone.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance representatives