Navid S

Navid SSydney

0 starts if it allowed

Do yourself a favour and stay away from them, unfortunately they will take your money and will find any reason not to process your claim.

I had their landlord and building insurance for several years and when the tennant left the property without paying rent and damaged the property they decided not to pay. Funny part is their customer service / claims tries to bully you and puts words in your mouth to attempt in nullifying your claim when you ring them so best to limit all communication in writing

Property TypeDuplex
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateOctober 2019

Effortless claims process.

Following an unfortunate incident, our claim was responded to quickly and within our expectations. It was effortless and offered complete transparency with the claim. Swift payment was also arranged. Highly recommended.

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateNovember 2019

They "may be recording" the conversation, but you can't do the same

Claim MadeNo

Stay away from Woolworths home insurance

Worst experience ever. Even worse customer service. Still waiting for a call back and the report. Ceiling collapse due to strong wind considered 'wear and tear' (absolute nonsense) claim #956963. Total Rip off I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Coverage TypeHome Only

Jolie M.

Jolie M.

Charged from my account even the insurance period is over and I didnt renew the policy...

Purchased 1-year home content insurance, and it covered up to mid-October 2019. I didnt renew the policy, when received email from them, because property was sold in September this year. When looking at back statements, I found this company is charging money directly from my account, even in November...

Sharon G.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Panda

PandaWooloowin

Claim process and service is very poor - go elsewhere

Type of ClaimTheft

Coverage TypeHome Only
Property TypeTownhouse
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Never again

They were happy to sign me up and take my money.
This was for landlord insurance.
When I tried to make a claim, they came back with a ridiculous amount that was less than third of cost to get repairs done. In regards to lost rent, they said that despite the property having holes in walls in several rooms, it was still habitable, and therefore declined my claim.
Are you serious???
Customer service shocking.
I am disputing claim now, and told they have to get back to me within 45 days... What a joke
Never again woolworths. Stick to sell groceries, which you are half good at!!

wendylou

wendylouSydney Surrounds, NSW

A very happy customer.

My policy cost is extremely reasonable compared to other companies . All phone call was all I needed to sign up . I have had two claims both was done quickly and efficiently . I've been with them for three years and will continue with them for a long time.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

chrisPerth, WA

total anger

Type of ClaimImpact at Home

Hopeless just hopeless

They are underwritten by a mob called The Hollard group who are totally useless. It is a con where they take your money and then try and contact them if you have a claim, good luck. You get a generic email saying someone will contact you in 5 business days but as we have no Fridge that is a long time to wait. They say call us if you want but No one answers a phone ever there. The 24 hour insurance claim phone number doesn't work outside of business hours Monday to Friday The worst insurance company by a mile! You have been warned and don't be fooled by the cheaper quote because they will do nothing about your claim anytime soon. Stay away from WOOLWORTHS INSURANCE!!!

Vego69

Vego69Hunter Region, NSW

Endless Source of Frustration

Business model is to sign you up with discount them dramatically increase premiums the following year. After 3 attempts I finally got someone to answer the phone and complained. I pointed out as a new client on their own website i could get a deal way cheaper than my renewal. Unfortunately they were not prepared to match price so I cancelled policy and simply took out a new one. Presumably will go through the same exercise next year. Completely brainless.....

Claim MadeNo

Unable to contact. There phone system is busy and the online service to Web chat disconnects all the time.

Had only been with them for one year but not again. Trying to contact them has been impossible on the phone and via the online chat box. Now switching provider!

Bazz D

Bazz DCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Major increase in premium

20 percent increase in premium in twelve months is rubbish.
What are Woolworths thinking apart from lining the pockets of the insurance company that uses them.
Bloody disgrace.
Woolworths insurance is no longer my insurer.
Gone elsewhere.
Cheers
Bazz

Claim MadeNo

Only half the job can be repaired..

Coverage TypeHome & Contents and Home Only
Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Amanda

AmandaCentral West, NSW

I would not recommend to anyone

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateOctober 2019

bebe26

bebe26Sydney, NSW

Claim

I took out a new policy with Woolworths insurance as the premiums are higher with AAMI and CGU.
Soon after I had 2 claims at the same time, its unfortunate but can happen. They straightaway sent an assessor, then I was booked for a phone call by Danielle, the questions she asked for 1 hour, after that I was sent forms to fill as I had previous claims dating back 7 years
I never had this type of treatment with any insurers other than QBE. As we have multiple homes and cars , we had different insurers.
Please don't go to Woolworths, Hollard or any of their brand.
AAMI and CGU are very good even if the premiums are higher

Nope

NopePerth, WA

Stressful Buildings Claim with Woolworths Insurance after Attempted Burglary

kathir77

kathir77Queanbeyan

Renewal is expensive

The initial policy went well after that renewal came with high numbers and shocked. Customer service response was inadequate. Generating a new policy is cheaper than the renewal policy. I cancelled the policy and now thought to create a new policy or move elsewhere.

Insurance claim madeNo

john

johnasked

just got text home ins policy hom105892856 what is this for been waiting on phone for 30 minutes

Amanda B.

Why are you asking me you moron

Cheryl

Cherylasked

Hi, trying to organise Home & Contents Insurance. Completed all details and requested purchase. Received this message,
"The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: 16084609135762322655

What has happened? What do I need to do now!

Thanks Cheryl

Cheryl
Woolworth on line gets in your information and does not allow you to get the quote forces you to contact them in my case I called and had to wait a long time The service was so pathetic and misleading If at this stage they are found ripping cash and I do not trust when you request a claim either they will knock you off by some lame excuse my quote given was similar to Allianz Who have better standing in the market I would tell you get NRMA because at just $50 extra as they are the best in the market You can visit NRMA office directly face to face all the best do not go ever to these no frills brand even CBA

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi Cheryl, thanks for your review about us and about your online quote experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, and full name in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP and help you with your insurance. Thank you.

Dans99

Don’t bother with Woolworths insurance. They are cheaper as they don’t honour claims that other insurance companies would. Their service is a joke and that if you even get any service if you happen to have 40 minutes to speak to someone.

David M.

David M.asked

Hi, I currently have landlord Insurance with Woolworths and have a claim in progress for water damage on an internal wall. After reading these reviews I will be keeping a very close eye on the whole process until completed.
P.S Not a good look for this Insurance Company..

Dans99

Hi David, totally agree. My father has never made a claim in 50 years only to have a fair claim knocked back for the garage roof falling due to high winds on his car and hobby gear in the garage. The house is maintained to a high level and in perfect condition. Yet Woolworths stated lack of maintenance. In no way did the plaster look like it was failing before this.

alxge56

Guys insurance claims are rejected even my last experience with commonwealth bank home insurance was declined as leaking roof garage blamed the builder and my insurance from CBA private top hospital cover declined my kidney cancer tumor surgery nephrotomy radical as preexisting condition It was case advance stage I do not recommend Woolworths or CBA
NRMA insurance is the best on the market maybe Allianz

Ryan A.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi David M., thanks for your review about us and about your claims experience. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are concerned that you have had this experience with us. We require some more information to assist you further. If you can please let us know your preferred contact number, state, claim number and policy number in a Private Message so that we can follow this up with you ASAP. Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance representatives