• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (7)
    • 2-4 weeks (9)
    • 1-2 months (15)
    • 3+ months (44)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (42) · No (45)

Kate

Kate

Would never go with them again

After having an assessor out to submit a report on damage to our roof and ceiling from recent storms that has left us with water literally leaking through every time it rains since and to have him say that we will be covered no problem.
Woolworths decided to deny our claim and their customer service has been an absolute joke to deal with to get any answers or to appeal.

Swati A.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst customer service

If there was a 0 star would have chose that!
Excruciatingly long waiting periods to speak to someone regarding claims who have 0 empathy. Not able to respond with a solution. Always escalating problems. 5 months later no progress on claim

No one is home.......

So far have replied to 1 out of 15 e-mails, sorry actually they have replied to all of them but they were automated responses..... told us we had to move out and they would arrange accommodation but didn't bother to do it even with 6 weeks notices... poorest claims service I have ever encountered.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

PatchSydney, NSW

Jacked prices by $80.

Had my policy for 12 months with no claims or changed circumstances. Renewal arrived with an $80 price hike. They are blaming the emergency insurance levy, However it is clearly a premium increase. Considering the economy is slow due to covid, I considered this a kick in the teeth by this billion dollar company. No doubt they will announce huge profits next year. Policy cancelled.

B H.

B H.South East Queensland, QLD

Contents Insurance is Terrible

Edryl F.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

I would rate them 0 stars if I could

Never in my life have I received such appalling service. I lodged two separate claims in September 2020 and six months later it's still dragging on.

I've had to chase them up for information and updates every step of the way. The only time they got in contact with me was once to tell me a claim had been declined.

I lodged a complaint because of the terrible service, and even that was ignored.

Absolutely do not sign up. You will end up infuriated and wasting hours of your life on hold.

Jay WAWestern Australia

Disgusting

20% increase in premium per year, which they try and squeeze through with your automatic renewal and how you don't notice.. Try and blame it on inflation and rising costs... Don't think any of their employees would have gotten a 20% Payrise... Guess someone needs to pay for the CEOs bonus for this financial year...

Jay WA

No thanks, already spoke to some of your colleagues; nothing but weak excuses and nothing that can be done. Cancelled insurance and switched to RAC

R.S.R

R.S.RPerth, WA

Blown away by the service

Had Landlords insurance for sometime with Woolworths and belatedly realised my insurance cover included building insurance which was not required for the strata property. So contacted WW and they said their Landlords insurance had to have building insurance and so we agreed to cancel my policy and for me to get insurance elsewhere.. They then offered without me asking part refund on 3 past years superfluous building insurance cover. Did not expect this at all so blown away by their excellent service. Thank you Woolworths insurance.

Amanda P.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Hi R.S.R, we are so pleased to hear you're okay and we were able to help you in a time of need. We'd like to take the time to thank you once again for choosing Woolworths Insurance and sharing your feedback. Stay safe and wishing you all the best.

Dissatisfied customer

Dissatisfied customerPerth, WA

TERRIBLE communication, FALSE promises and no follow up!

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Home and Contents Insurance

Hassle free and amazing service

Taking out “potable” cover on my jewellery was the best thing I did and good value too. I highly recommend others to do the same. The only area which could be improved is that they keep the client informed instead of the client having to chase them up to find out the status of the claim. Otherwise, I have no complaints .
Thanks Woolworths Insurance for the great service.

Singh

SinghGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very bad communication with claims

1 month since I logged a claim no one bothered to call me I have called Woolworths twice every time they say call us next week poor service very disappointed

SusieQ

SusieQSydney, NSW

Incompetent staff and Company

Woolworths Insurance is uses Fraud

Even after you get a document stating your policy has been cancelled ( thank the LORD), it took over 2 weeks.... 8 months later they are still sending information about the policy.. they should not be selling insurance! Again disgraceful company!

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Robert S.
Robert S.

This is a Robo message.. they are disgraceful, this is a warning to all.. do not use Woolworths insurance.

Mohammed B.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance
buick1946

buick1946Perth, WA

Do not risk Woolworths "junk" insurance.

JesstaPerth, WA

25% Premium Increase - what a Joke.

Received my Contents Insurance Renewal - 25% Increase. No claims and no change of any details except they upped the amount of my contents by $3800. Their choice not mine. Rang to discuss and told "we don't price match" and as the 2 other quotes I had were $91 and $77 cheaper than my renewal simply told can not be done and so do I wish to cancel. 10% of groceries is a scam as they well and truly make it up in huge renewal increases. Interesting they can not match other quotes when both are underwritten by Hollard Insurance Group. Flybuys points much easier to earn in any case.

Mohammed B.Woolworths Home and Contents Insurance

Sam V

Sam VSydney, NSW

29% Premium Increase

Woolworths Home Insurance increased my renewal premium by 29% despite having no claims. When questioned why the big increase, I got no answer. They rely on customers not noticing the large premium increases because of Automatic Renewal.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Warren F.

Warren F.Hunter Region, NSW

Hopeless and no communication for two months after putting claim in

Coralie

CoralieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Insurance Policy I've Ever Had

Lengthy claims process, contradicting information from incompetent consultants on the phone. Ended up costing me big time to insure with them. About to contest outcome & expecting same as all these other terrible reviews

PMCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Woolworths Insurance automatically drew money from an expired credit card still waiting for monies to be returned!

WW Customer ServiceWoolworths Home and Contents Insurance
Robbie

RobbieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Highly incompetent in every aspect of a claim