Woolworths Physical store

Brand Manager for Woolworths Physical store? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Rudi
RudiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fresh Food People? Really!

Sick of purchasing fruit and veg that lasts one day or is mouldy when you get it home. An absolute farce and false advertising. Open up a pack of cherry tomatoes bought that day and they are mouldy, strawberries a day old and already going off, limp broccoli, pick up a capsicum and your finger sinks through the bottom side that has started to go off and the apples, how long has it been since they were on the tree, 6 months???
Waste of my time, a waste of money and is this stuff any good for you??

Chicken Tikka masala with rice

Rubbish you gota read the box 350g for $3.50, if u served this crap in the army they'll all be dead or have stomach cramps legit 10 yr old wouldnt even eat this amount , Australia wants to stop being Chinese stuff yet its productes and marketing are crap, this meal is rubbish u guys should be ashamed of yourselves , im too lazy to go get a refund also

F. Rass.
F. Rass.South East Queensland, QLD

They keep on increasing prices for no reason!

Woolworths keeps on increasing prizes on essential goods like frozen fruit and milk without substantial reasons... this is pure hunger for just one thing; more profits, not matter how!

The consumer is the losing part in this game of money...

Forsaken
ForsakenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rude staff, poor service.

* If you want me to use the auto check out than give me a discount as you are saving on wages.
* If you are going to offer freshly sliced small goods then advise your rude Deli staff not to argue.
* Train your Deli staff so they don't just dump the small goods in the bag.
* Why are so many of your items dented?
* Your staff are rude.
* Had one of your female staff shove her hand in my bag, nice and CoVid safe. Thank you.

Dianne C
Dianne CIllawarra, NSW

My checkout experience was awful

I went shopping for essential items on 29th July 2021 at 3:00pm at the Wollongong Store. I was able to collect my 20 to 30 items quickly and proceeded to the checkout. There were 2 checkouts operating and the lines were enormous right down the isles. Even self checkout was huge. It was nearly 4pm, extremely busy and only 2 checkouts open. This is unexcusable as there were other staff wandering around the store. When I asked one of these people about the situation I was ignored. I could mention the store managers name but I am sure you can look it up. Woolworths needs to improve their customer service immensely otherwise I will be shopping at Coles in the future.

whatsnew
whatsnewSydney, NSW

Ludicrous

Margaret
Margaret

Need more checkouts open

The queues are awful while staff are doing nothing but on the phone asking for more checkouts staff. Could have done it thierselves.

Horsesrule
Horsesrule

Always has good food

Woolworths is the best supermarket ever. Their workers are always very nice and it is a great supermarket. Some of you reviewers are getting upset over nothing. Remember supermarket workers are people too.

New product

Harry who spring rolls ,,,rubbish no flavour,new product well some one has got it wrong no flavour,shame ,shame never again

Teresita
TeresitaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nestle Top 'n' Fill Caramel

I have been buying this product for decades.
So disappointed that the product has been change, it tastes dreadful and is very sweet, sweeter than it used to be, that is saying something.
Will not be buying this again.

Rhett A.
Rhett A.Perth, WA

Quality

I bought a 2 pack of Zoost and when I opened it the bottom om fell out, I returned it and was told my complaint was out of date, I work away 3:1 roster so was unable to return the product, good on Woolies I will be shopping at Coles in future.

Andrea
AndreaVictoria

Decor Microsafe 5 Piece Pack

These containers are terrible. I bought them because I loved the colours. Unfortunately the lids do not fit after the first use.

Not taking COVID seriously

Why are you allowing couple into your stores, people aren’t even bothering to check in and people aren’t even wearing masks, with the massive profits you make why aren’t security not on the front door.

Absolute joke

Store LocationLisarow
Navleen Kaur
Navleen KaurPerth, WA

This is not good

Fungus on cake !!
Bought the cake yesterday 21 July with the best before date of 26 July 2021 . Not good

• +1Thumbnail
Store LocationClarkson Wa

Mary M
Mary MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No returns seriously within 1 minute of purchase

This morning i purchased 2 large vanilla ice-creams instead of small.
I own a shop in the same shopping center and realized they wont fit my fridge.
Within 1 minute of purchase I went back to return and was told I couldn't and had to spend the same amount of money. COLES do not do this to there customers.

I won't be shopping there again.

thegeoboyzasked
Physical store

Hi Woolworths, why is your Southport Park store targeting young people for bag checks? I have had to ring this store twice this week as my 16yo son has been on the receiving end of some quite overt and abrasive treatment from two different floor staff, on two separate occasions after he declined to have his bag checked. On the first occasion, I spoke with a manager named Matt, who was very reasonable and agreed that once an individual has declined to show their bag, that is the end of it. Thank you Matt. My son has again been berated today by a Woolworths staff member after he declined to show his bag, of which he took a voice recording. When I rang the store to speak with the manager (not Matt) I was told that there was a "group" of boys "loitering". I was told my son had a backpack on with a "full" shopping bag. Let me clear this up, there were three boys one of which was sitting on a seat outside the store. My son did not have a backpack on, he was holding a Coles shopping bag that contained two Power Aids and a packet of chewing gum, hardly what I would call "full". Why was this scenario created? Was the situation more justifiable if the children were painted in a less desirable light or if the situation seemed suspicious in some way. I was advised by this second manager that as long as my son complies and shows his bag there wont be a problem in the future. So here is the problem I have with that, say my son did not take his receipt from his Coles purchase, either because he forgot to or he was being environmentally friendly. He opens the bag for a Woolworths staff member who glances it over, the staff member asks for his receipt, he says he doesn't have it, what has been achieved here? Nothing. Why are some of the Woolworths Southport Park staff being so forceful with their bag checking requests when it comes to certain demographics. I am concerned that there is a pattern happening here where young people are being targeted and subjected to more scrutiny than perhaps someone my own age would be. I feel confident that if I were asked to show my bag at Southport Park Woolworths and I politely declined, as my son did, that I would not be publicly chastised by an overly officious Woolworths staff member. So what is the difference?

Reviewer R.

I noticed you said the same in your review. Good for you.
Firstly, this is a review site not Woolies.
Second, when you read the question panel you noticed that it will only be seen by consumers not Woolies.
Third, statistically police records show teenagers dominate the million dollar shoplifting business.
It is interesting that some shops state bag checks are a condition of entry. Only thieves have something to hide. Last year a customer was permanently banned from Woolies and rightly so. More stores should do this.
Thanks for letting others know the troubles society is having.

thegeoboyz

Reviewer R. thanks for bringing the misplacement of my review to my attention. Good for you.
Firstly, I know exactly what this site is, I also posted on various other sites, the main objective was exposure.
Secondly, I also sent my review directly to the Woolworths store in question and the Woolworths head office.
Thirdly, where exactly might I find these police records in which you speak of?? Or have you taken your information directly from Wikipedia?
Interesting that as a middle-aged, well-dressed white woman, I hardly ever get asked to have my handbag checked and certainly not from Woolworths. Do your statistics also tell you that middle-aged, well-dressed, white, working mums don't shoplift? We demand respect from young people however we quite often don't give it in return. I hope I have let others know of the troubles society is having. As I said, I rarely get asked to show my handbag but when I do, I say "no" because I have a right to do so. I have nothing to hide. Just feel like it is my duty to stick the middle finger to big company's when they feel they can put the heavy on me and demand to see what treasures are lurking in the depths of my handbag and it appears I am raising like-minded children.

Reviewer R.

You do have the right to refuse a bag inspection but your ‘lurking in the depths’ confirms you don’t actually know the actual law.

“Where would I find these police records”. I thought that was obvious. For the slothful, here are some stats from official (aka police) govt and retail association sites.
70% of retail crime is shoplifting
Only 20% of retail crime is reported
$9billion cost to businesses
More shoplifting in QLD that NSW!!
Under 20yo most common offenders
Woolies - biggest victim.

How would a bag checker recognise a well off, working mother shoplifter?
Here are some middle aged well off white working women shoplifters:- Winona Ryder, Lindsay Lohan, Megan Fox, Britney Spears, Farrah Fawcett, Amanda Bynes, Kim Richards, Amy Schumer, Kim Kardashian, Melissa McCarthy.. to name just a few.

I would be interested in knowing which other sites and what feedback ensued.

Your only solution is ‘#NoBagChecks’ which means you want SHOPLIFTING.

The most important thing for me and the stores ...they have a right to refuse service and call police. What is more important is they can and should permanently ban all non-bag showing miscreants.

Bill
Billasked
Physical store

Why is there no glass containers in stores to be collected want to claim my large container

David

Woolworths won’t answer you they just take our money and issue container credits that can’t be used as there are no containers in there big container scam

jsljustin
jsljustin

I agree with David, it is basically a scam by Woolworths. They may have had a little stock of the glass containers last year, but by now there appears to be no stock anywhere in Australia. I contacted the ACCC about this, listing it as "Other Scams". Although it may seem trivial, I encourage others to contact the ACCC. You can do so anonymously if you wish.

David

Agree 100% jsljustin, Woolworths the great Australian company scamming there customers, can’t wait as it is only a matter of time before a flood of overseas supermarket chains grace our shores see how they go then , Have a look at what Woolworths and Coles have done to our dairy industry let alone all there other suppliers

Linda W.
Linda W.asked
Physical store

Does woolworths glutenfree ham taste the same as others

See all Woolworths Physical store questions