Xiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd gen)

Xiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd gen)

Listing monitored by Roborock

ShopJock
ShopJockMelbourne

Worked well until Charging Error after only 2 years

After only 2 years of operation, the vacuum cleaner now always has an error whilst charging and no longer charges and therefore no longer functions.
It was not cheap to buy, and for us to have it looked at and repaired would cost another small fortune as warranty only lasts 1 year. Not happy and would not buy again for such a short period of functionality. The manufacturer should really back up its product with either a longer warranty or a more robust product that has fewer issues with its battery or motherboard. We only used it once a week.

Purchased in May 2018 at eBay for $568.95.

Rhydian Lewis
Rhydian LewisRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Accurate and well priced. This has been a life changing purchase in freeing us up with more time My

Life just became more time rich because of less vacuuming chores. This really is an incredible invention. Intelligent sensors makes it virtually impossible For it to fall off a step or ledge. It simply does it’s own thing, (vacuuming the floors). This is what robots are for! Great brand.

Purchased in April 2019 for $699.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

We love that you are happy with your purchase Rhydian, thank you for choosing us. Welcome to the Roborock family, you are what makes us great!

Le Le
Le Le

Don’t bother if you own a rug!

Very disappointed with the vacuum. It does an okay job on a hard floor but when I bought a rug it can’t pickup the dirt around the rug so I have to go around and clean it up with my stick vacuum which defeats the whole purpose!
Contacted support and they said it has nothing to do with the vacuum, it’s the rugs fault. The rug is a standard rug any household would have. Low pile.
Can’t believe i wasted $600 on this thing. Very dissatisfied with the vacuum which is advertised to handle all floor types and very dissatisfied with support shrugging it off.

Purchased in January 2020 for $600.00.

Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Xiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd gen) compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Kay
Kay

Great low price robot vacuum

Bought this and never regretted it. Cleans effectively and doesn't get stuck often, it's relatively quiet and the app is easy to use but fiddly to setup. We have one rug that the wheels just can't get a purchase on, and occasionally it starts cleaning in random patterns instead of straight lines like usual, but a clean and reset usually fixes. Overall great robot vacuum!

Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for choosing us Kay, welcome to the Roborock family. You are what makes us great!

Way better than the cheap ones!

I had a cheap robot vacuum which carked it after 18 months. I have had this one for 12 months now and I love it, it works well on lino floors and does not get stuck on things like the cheaper one did. Recommend.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

The Best Robot Vacuums in 2020

A good robot vacuum will clean your floors while you’re at work, or taking care of the kids, or relaxing on the couch. However, the influx of new models every year can make it hard to know which one to pick. In this article, we share feedback from reviewers of the Top 5 Best Robot Vacuums in 2020 to help you learn what to prioritise and what to avoid in a robotic vacuum cleaner.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 June 2020
the-best-robot-vacuums-of-2020-so-far
Daniel s.
Daniel s.South East Queensland, QLD

Make your life easier.

Cleaning result is awesome.
Price is reasonable.
Replaceable part price is good as well.
So running cost is reasonable.
I love it and recommend it you want to buy robot vacuum cleaner.
Only thing I feel uncomfortable is map error sometimes but not often.

Purchased in February 2020 at eBay for $550.00.

Stefan Georgiev
Stefan GeorgievSydney, NSW

best purchase ever !

I have been using the Roborock for about an year now and can say it's doing a great job ! Using it on hardwood and tiles, so both the vacuum and the mop functions are utilised. With regular cleaning of the unit, the results are amazing ! Highly recommend !

Purchased in September 2019 at Robo-Tek International for $636.00.

DBR
DBR

Hubby's best friend

Purchased in October 2018 for $585.00.

D3B5 C
D3B5 CSydney, NSW

Happy with purchase

I have been looking for a robot for a while. I have done my fair share of research online and Xiaomi seems to be an good economical product that is value for money.
The product lives up to my expectation. It cleans well on my wooden floor. It maps out the whole house and I can set and forget. It sometimes get stuck under bed that's because the centre of my bed has sunk a bit. It's easy to rescue the robot from under bed and it will continue on.

Purchased in November 2019 at Kogan.com for $499.99.

bellamama
bellamamaVictoria, Australia

Good for busy life

Been using it for few month now. Basically it work really well except sometime it got confused when I ask for just cleaning my daughter room (which is far from the base). Of course you cannot expected as clean as Dyson, but what can you Ask for when you do not need to vacuum by yourself.

Purchased in February 2020 at eBay for $534.65.

Lory
LoryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

awesome amazing

I cant describe how awesome this thing is!!! By far one of the best purchases.. it cleans everything and doesn't miss a thing. Couldn't live without it. Very Highly recommended

Purchased in March 2020 at Kogan.com for $600.00.

RuthGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It works every day, making my life easier

Purchased in March 2020 at Kogan.com for $600.00.

Ruth

The "System Errors" was wrong: Its not system errors, but just when sensors get dirty through a wet floor or things getting stuck to the sensors... which happened ONCE in this two months and was my mistake.

Kelly
KellyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Surprisingly smart, excellent coverage, hasn't got stuck yet!

Purchased in May 2020 at Dick Smith for $629.00.

Karen Z
Karen ZSydney, NSW

Great help at home.

Purchased in December 2019 at Toby Deals for $479.00.

Chris RollieAU

Awesome

This product is exactly what we wanted. It cleans really well, the app works great, the fact that you can spot clean and specify which room you need cleaned is really helpful. The product itself appears to be well built and easy to maintain, would recommend.

Purchased in March 2020 at Kogan.com for $499.00.

DTL L.
DTL L.asked

Hi, I have had the Robo for around 3 years and love it! Just did a service and put new parts in for about the 3rd time now. Noticed the the roller is now shuddering intermittently, anyone experienced this? Just got the parts from ebay, maybe they are slightly different to oem?

Nicola S.
Nicola S.asked

Just wondering how the Roborock works of you have a small incline or step into a different room?
I had a very little step that goes into my bathroom how could I get it to clean both areas?

Chris Rollie

I've noticed that it vacuums the bottom shelf of the TV unit which would be around 2cm off the ground but then when it hits a 2cm bump it can get stuck, for instance our Rocking chair, where it's not a surface but just an instant bump. That's the only time it gets stuck though.

Magri
Magriasked

We have the Roborock S50 and we found it extremely good for vacuuming. Our only concern is that when we use the mop function to clean the house, the tank is always still full of water giving us the impression that hardly any water is being used. We wet the cloth before starting the cleaning. Is there snything else we should do,?

Chell
Chell

Are the filters blocked?

Roborock T.Roborock

You may need to replace the water filters, also are you using any cleaning solution with the water as this can cause them too block also.

See all Xiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd gen) questions

Get an answer from our members and Roborock representatives

The Xiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd Gen) was awarded 4 or 5 stars by 75% of happy householders. Reviews feature titles like ‘Best bit of tech I have ever bought,’ ‘Smart and reliable' and ‘The only choice.’

To sweeten the deal, the S50 (2nd Gen) retails for $699, making it cheaper than other Roborocks, including the S6 Pure ($799) and S5 Max ($999).

Positive reviews praised:

• Many reviewers liked the app functionality of this Wi-Fi robot vacuum. They commented that the app was easy to use, as well as highly convenient. Users appreciated that they could customise the Roborock’s mapping route, set pre-programmed cleaning times and days, as well as block certain areas.
  • ‘Excellent coverage’ was cited by reviewers, who said their Robovac easily fit under hard-to-reach places such as under their sofa or removing dust trapped in corners.
  • The Roborock S50 did an impressive job thoroughly cleaning a variety of floor surfaces. This included hard surfaces such as wood and tiled floors, and carpets
  • Reviewers who had kids or pets particular loved the amount of ‘fluff and dust (the Roborock S50) picked up every day’
  • Other positive comments were that the Roborock S50’s filters and sensors were easy to clean, that the product worked exactly as it should, and that the happy new robovac owners used theirs daily.

Points of criticism mentioned:

• While the Roborock S50’s vacuum function was highly praised, its mopping function fell short of the mark, according to reviewers. Some reviewers pointed out that it wasn’t efficient on timber floors, in particular. Others said it left stripes on their floors. However, often the same reviewers ended the thought by saying that the Roborock’s thorough and efficient vacuum function made up for this.
  • The Roborock S50 can frequently suck up loose cords or become tangled in them.
CategoryRobot Vacuum Cleaners