Xiaomi Mi Robot 2

Xiaomi Mi Robot 2

The best robot vacuum I've ever seen and used.

After looking at many robot vacuum cleaners and trying them out, the Xiaomi (2nd generation) was the best for cleaning, mopping and best of all, value for money. I run it twice a week (Mondays & Thursdays) and our floor has never looked better. We have polished floor boards with NO rugs. I simply open every door in our apartment and run it. It takes around 55 minutes for our two bedroom apartment. It has laser scanners that scan the environment. It vacuums "around" chair legs and table legs. and under the bed has never been cleaner! It's amazing. Very easy to empty the bin, and it has "Stair" sensors so it will never fall down our stairs. It simply detects the "missing" floor from it's sensor underneath and backs away. I can't comment on how it performs on carpet or rugs as we don't have any, but for hard floors, it's brilliant.

It will NOT vacuum behind the door (for obvious reasons) so that is the only area I vacuum by hand. (I just use a dust buster actually)

I run the robot from my iPhone using the Xiaomi app. Very easy to use. You can even schedule it to run automatically and it keeps a log of everything. I've named mine "R2D2" and myself as the owner "Skywalker" lol.

My Brother-In-law has the the iRoomba, my niece has the LG, a friend has the Samsung powerbot, and another friend has Aldi's Ecovacs Deebot. All of these robots do a good job, but the Xiaomi is by far the best! LG is far too expensive and the iRoomba is very loud (and double the price)

Purchased in March 2019 for $485.00.

System Errors Never

Works Surprisingly well !

This was our first dip into the robotic world at home. Very impressed. Gets into every nook and cranny it can and mapped out the joint surprisingly well. Only issue i have is the water reservoir runs out and therefore when we use the mopping function, i need to pause the job, refill and then restart it. Our house is about 160 metre square,I receommend this device. After 2 weeks loving it.

Purchased in March 2019 for $560.00.

System Errors Never

This time, hubby was right

I've been thinking about getting a 2nd vacuum at home, however, I was struggled in between buying a robot one or a hand held one. Because both aren't come cheap.
Talked to hubby about my thinking, he suggested the robot one. He said once you finish work, open the door when you are home & the whole house already cleaned with robot. Guess what?! HE WAS RIGHT.
I set a daily cleaning schedule with the mopping function. It cleans the house within an hour & back to it's charging station as soon as cleaning is done.
I was surprised on how much dust & hair it picks up every time it cleans.
User friendly app & got all reminders on major parts.
Mopping function is good, but only for general clean. Still need to have deep clean weekly.
I just love it.

One of the best decision hubby made.

Purchased in February 2019.

Product is used: Daily

5 stars is not enough

This vacuum robot does a lot more than you can imagine. I've bought it 2 weeks ago and since then there was no need for me to vacuum the house myself, only the robot did it. I have dusted the spots where it can't reach like behind the doors in very small places, etc. But the rugs (carpets, the tiles and the laminated floors it does incredible). The mop works ok too. It isn't like a real mop but i set it to mop 3x on certain areas and it does very good. The dust bin is a little small but since it is recomandet to empty it daily it is enough. That way it has room for that incredible long life battery. It vacuums daily and every time i can't belive the ammount of dust it gathers. First time i left the appartment uncleaned for 4-5 days just to test the robot. It got an entire bin of dust very full(we haved usually vaccumed every 2-3 days until the robot came since we have a small dog and a baby). It very easily gathers dog hair (bichon maltese). If it where stolen today i would imediatly buy another one. I don't know how we lived without it until now.

Purchased in February 2019 for $475.00.

Product is used: Daily

Big help.

My wife and I both work and struggle to find time to get all the household chores done when needed so this little guy has been a godsend. It’s great being able to program it to do certain zones while we’re at work. It does get stuck sometimes but overall it does what’s required. Love the quick mop and variable cleaning functions.

Purchased in February 2019 at Kogan.com for $420.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
System Errors Occasionally

Hopeless

I purchased the Roborock last November, and i have never once had it clean the floor and return to the dock without issue.

The device has a known issue that detects any slight magnetization such as steel under the floor, or regular household power cables as a "Virtual Wall" and stops it from cleaning, What is a virtual wall you may ask? It's an magnetic tape you can buy and stick to the floor to stop the vacuum from going certain places.

Sounds good in theory, but this is on regardless if you buy magnetic tape or not and there's absolutely no way to turn it off.

So if your power cables run under your floor, or your house has steel beams or piers under floor this can be a show stopper and render the vacuum useless. The vacuum gets stuck, errors, misses large sections of floor, will not navigate in to most rooms.

Numerous people have this issue, and Roborock developers acknowledge the problem but don't care and continue to sell it with a known fault.

Purchased in November 2018 for $500.00.

Product is used: Rarely
System Errors Every time

Wow - Such a great device

We have been looking at getting a robot vacuum cleaner for a little while now to do a couple of vacuums of the house during the week while we are at work and wow this vacuum is amazing . We were originally looking at the Irobot cleaner but after looking at reviews online glad we went with the Xiaomi Mi Robot 2 this has so many features and at such little cost . The build quality is great seem very high end . It was simple to set up and use and it worked on our rugs , tile floor , wood floor and carpet in the theater room . We have two dogs which sleep inside and this managed to get all the dog hair no issues . The room mapping software is amazing had no issue finding its way around the house and cleaning every inch and did not get stuck anywhere . After cleaned the house found its way back a docked for recharge .

Purchased in February 2019 at Kogan for $579.00.

System Errors Never

Great product.. Works like a charm

Have been using it for 7 months now. Works great. Had very minor issue once with the sensor. Once it was turned off and back on, everything is fine. Using it twice a week till date. App is also great. Haven't used the mop function yet. Battery charge last for ~120 sq mtr on a single charge. only drawback I have noticed is, it doesn't clean/reach the square edges that well. But still save a massive amount of time and a very stable product.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

It's better at vacuuming than I am, and far more reliable.

I haven't had the Xiaomi Raborock Mi Robot Vacuum 2nd Gen for very long, but so far I absolutely love it.
I have carpets in most rooms, with two thick pile rugs taking up a large portion of the lounge room, laminate flooring in the kitchen, and tiles in the bathroom. My robot vac has no problem with cleaning any of them, and will go over cables without a problem (though I'd keep the ends of thinner ones off the floor while it's cleaning). It also isn't worried overly by my long hair. I've yet to have it become so entangled that the brush will no longer rotate, but I do use the provided cleaner to cut off the hairs whenever I notice them.
You can set use the Mi Home app to easily change the suction strength. Options are Quiet, Balanced, Turbo, Max, and Mop. I haven't used the mop function yet, so can't review on that. The Xiaomi Roborock also uses it's sensors to draw a map of your home, and keeps track of where it's been, which is amusing to watch at first.
Emptying the bin is simple, as is cleaning the filter. The Mi Home app even keeps track and tells you approximately how many hours of cleaning left before you'll need to replace or clean filters, brush or other parts.
Setting it up in the Mi Home app was very simple, and once I had set up the timer function, keeping my floors clean has become as simple as remembering to empty the bin when I come home from work.
As someone who hates vacuuming and doesn't do it nearly as often as I should, this roborock has quickly become an essential purchase and I couldn't be happier with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Solved my life long struggle against relentless and pervasive dog hair

We've only had it a week but I'm blow away by how great the roborock is. It vacuums everyday and our house has never been cleaner. I've got two little kids and a shedding Pomeranian. It handles our cluttered, single story tile/timber floor house with four rugs more thoroughly than we have ever managed, even with a cleaner. It gets under our chairs so we don't have to put them up. It even seems to magically untangle itself of iphone cables, piles of clothing and bunched up rugs. I was worried about small toys but it just pushes them around. We start it when we go out so its mostly been unsupervised. It hasn't been stuck yet. Its great coming home to a clean house. Buy it. It's a game changer.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Excellent product

Works perfectly as it should. I use this on vinyl flooring and has no issues cleaning whatever ends up on it. Very intelligent and excellent value. The vacuum is easy to operate and fairly simple to set up for someone who has half a brain when it comes to computers

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Does exactly what it's supposed to, plus more

You can now automate your vacuuming with the smart app, it scans your house and is able to vacuum wall to wall with almost perfect coverage. Works perfect for timber, tiles and is able to climb on my rug too, though it works better on hard surfaces. The mop feature is probably the only thing they can improve, kind of replicates a wet towel being dragged across the floor but doesn't quite do enough.

Great for maintenance cleaning

Does a great job of picking up cat hair from wooden floor boards. I run it every other day. The dust bin does need emptying after each clean but shows how much it picks up. It maps out the house well and doesn’t bump very hard into objects it’s not sure of. Very happy with it given its price compared to other brands

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Not just a toy

The Chinese are now making products that are well built, intelligent and do the job they are designed to do.
I've been watching reviews on various robot vacuums for a few years and wasn't going to shell out the considerable money to buy something that was just a novelty. The Mi Robot 2 "Roborock" is so good it changed my wife's "why did you waste money on that"? into "wow.. how did we not have one of these sooner"?
It fits easily under the couch and on it's first full run around the house had to be emptied 4 times!
The sensors and systematic cleaning are faultless. It starts with a zone about 5m x 5m and runs the edges, then does an up and down pattern before moving onto the next zone. The included free app shows a map of the house and the completed cleaning pattern. The app can also be used to do a "zone clean" which you can pick an area to be cleaned or do a scheduled clean while you're at work. The app is a little clunky and you need wifi to use it in this way but if you don't want to use the app you can simply press the large button on the top of the vacuum and it will simply do a full house clean.
My house is a mixture of timber floors and rugs and it traverses this with ease. There are two x 2cm trip points in the house and the Roborock climbs these like they are not there. Bottom sensors mean it won't run over the stairs and it bumps into furniture with a feather-touch. When it hits a chair or table leg it will completely clean around the leg before moving on.
A virtual wall can be bought separately which consists of a magnetic strip with an adhesive back that can be placed across areas you don't want the Roborock to go. I have one across the back doorway as I don't want the vacuum doing my pavers outside if I've left the door open!
The unit itself is heavy and well built and each removable part slots into place with a very solid click. The dustbin filter is removable and washable and replacement parts are very reasonably priced. The battery life is incredible. It takes around 45 minutes to do a full house clean and uses less than 20% of the battery.
The only thing you have to do is make sure clothes are off the floor and all small cords (phone charger etc) are taken off the floor as the rotary brush can twirl these up and get caught. Normal power cords (extension leads etc) are fine as it will climb over these like they're not there.
I am so happy I waited and bought a robot vacuum that does the job and does it well. The biggest problem you'll have with this machine is choosing a name for it. :)

Finally I live in a household with a robot! Welcome to the future!

LOVE this vacuum!

I absolutely hate cleaning the floors and we just got a malamute puppy so the shedding is going to get pretty crazy. It gets into a bunch of tight spaces that I didn't expect it to fit, like underneath our tv cabinet which used to be dust central. Since buying this vacuum I haven't used a regular one, I just occasionally use a broom to sweep stuff from behind doors into the vacuum's path.

It gets some hair stuck in the brush but that's to be expected. What helps a bunch is the little slicer/brush tool that is attached, it makes it really easy to remove anything caught in the brush. I really like being able to ask it to shout to you if you can't find it, haven't had to use that feature but thought it was a great addition. Also emptying the dustbin is quick and easy, I do it after every clean even if it isn't full just so I don't forget later on. It is also fairly quiet, much quieter than a regular vacuum. I work from home doing admin/reception so I'm constantly on the phone but nobody can hear the vacuum if I have it running while I'm working, even when it is right next to me.

The one thing I dislike is that the zoned cleanup tool only lets you draw squares/rectangles. I haven't used the mop yet as I have a diagonal join between the carpet and tiles in one room so I can't section the room off properly on the map without the mop either missing a corner of tiles or going to mop the carpet.

Also got the 3 year extended care warranty for $85 so I'm not worried if I do have an issue with it later on. All up I paid $639.94 which included the vacuum, warranty, express shipping and freight protection. Definitely worth it if I never have to vacuum my house again.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Most used household appliances I've ever got!

It's perfect for our 2 beds unit with the bamboo floor. The mop attachment is very useful too as we don't have a big place (60m2), the water compartment doesn't need to get refilled at all. If you own a bigger place, one fill of water might not be enough to mop the whole place.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Worth Every Penny - Highly Recommend

Cleans the floor so well that we haven't had to get a normal vacuum on the floor - only need our other vacuum for the couch and car now. The mopping mode leaves the floor shiny too, to worth using that regularly.

The timer function very handy to schedule cleans, and the app is very easy to use.

The robot has been able to get out of tangled cords well. It also avoids obstacles like kids toys, so not the end of the world if I forget to pick up something before a clean. Only thing it has gotten trapped on is a shirt left lying flat in a kids room that got under the wheels - if the shirt is raised and crumpled, it's even avoided that.

It's easy to empty and clean, and hair hasn't tangled into it yet (a constant issue with othet models). Highly recommended for everyone - it's worth every penny.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Xiaomi RoboRock S50 - Yes it is really really good! I am super happy. 100%

I have finally bought a robot vac after sneezing constantly. I read all the reviews and decided to get the Xiaomi S50 (the version that also mops floors). I cannot be happier. Just to let you know, we have slate floors, big rugs, 5 fireplaces and 3 shedding dogs. I used to go over the floors with a professional vac twice per day to keep it all at bay. Still dust everywhere. Now, I can vac whist I am at work and over the past 2 weeks the dust levels in the house have come down considerably. Its because this vac navigates really well and doesn't miss any spots and operates with more consistency than I can. When I get home from work, it looks like a professional cleaner has been in for the day. This unit is priced very well and you can get spare parts easily and cheaply. The Mi app is really good too. I can control it all from my iPhone if I want an extra clean, however I have programmed a regular cleanup during the day so it all just happens. I get a message on the app when the clean has been completed. I can see the battery levels. My house is rather large and this vac does it easily on % of the battery capacity. I am really happy with my choice.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Update! I am still super, super, happy with this product. It has been a few months now since I bought it. It was really tested between Christmas and New Year when I hosted 15 people in my house each day for festive celebrations. I did not get out the big vac out once. The Roborock did it all, and boy, did it pull up some Christmas foot traffic off the floor. It did not fail me and it even navigated through all the feet and movement going in and out of the house. I love this product!!Update. I purchased some new filters off ebay because I wanted to put clean ones in each time. Now I can wash the used filter and pop in a new one whilst the used one is drying. I found the filters very cheap to buy on ebay for less than $25 including shipping. I also have purchased a couple of spare side brushes and a brush roller in case I need them on hand to change down the track. I am still super happy with this product after 600 cleans (according to the app). It does not miss a beat.

Super Easy

Love our Xiaomi Roborock! We set it to a scheduled and just let it go. Every second day at 8am it just starts and cleans the house. Nothing better than coming home to a freshly vacuumed house.
We empty the bin every 2 days and give it a clean every month or so.

Only issue is that with our unit being all carpet it stops around once or twice each time and says to clean the main brush. Not sure why.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

XIOMAI 2ND GEN ROBOROCK

Carpet and vinyl it found $5 for me once like it was bringing me a gift. Wouldn't link to my phone properly so I contacted the seller. They replied please be patient well contact tech support, never did get back to me.
So I kept it and got a refund. So I have no control over it.
I wonder where it finds so much dust and fluff sometimes.
Precision made a little dirt under the bin and it doesn't pick up well, clean that and its fine again.
Comes with spare filter can be used with or without rotating brush. Quiet & efficient better than 3 other brands ive tried which would either go crazy after 3 months or wouldn't pick up properly all returned within 3 months

Date PurchasedJun 2018

How do you translate it to English as its all in Mandarin and I am also not able to program it to map my house as I have stairs, can someone please help? Thanks
Use google translate. You have a setting that allows you to save the map. For now it can remember only one floor and if you move it to another floor it will have to redo the map. Map saving is for now only in Beta mode, most likely it will be able to save many floors in the next months.

Hi. We have a two storey house with a split level downstairs (effectively 3 levels). Can the vac remember 3 different floors? Will it sense when it comes to the edge of a stair? Thanks!

Hi All I am interested in purchasing this robot vacuum after reading all the 4-5star reviews but have a couple of questions. 1. Does it run on Apple/Android App? 2. I am concerned about some comments made regarding the app asking to access files, photos, contacts etc on your phone. Has anyone else had this issue with the "Australian" version of this product? Thanks Jan
1. You use Mi Home app to control it. It is available on both ios & android. Use Singapore Server to access all features. If you have a Xiaomi Gateway and need to use China Mainland, you won't be able to access vacuum and will have to switch servers to access features. Timer still works in this case, so you can set the vacuum up with Singapore server, put it on a timer to run, and switch back to China server to use Gateway. 2. You can refuse access for anything you don't think necessary. Pretty sure most permissions aren't necessary, but I can't remember what I was asked for. If you don't need to access it while away from home, you should be able block it's access to internet using your modem/router.Thanks Kate, this is a great help. I am in Australia and being a Chinese made product, the comments about accessing files was what confused me about the product. I have been looking at the "2nd Gen Australian Version" of the product so I'm sure it's been configured for Australian use. Thanks again!Jan, do note the product uploads your GPS coordinates and maps of your house to their Chinese servers.

Mi Robot 2