Xiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd gen)

See the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Value for money dry and wet vacuum cleaner - Roborock S50

Pros:
- Excellent cleaning on vitrified tiles
- Good carpet cleaning
- Futuristic mobile app that can control Roborock with ease
- Can use virtual wall where ever required
- Wet mopping is also nice
- Best value for money
- Serves the purpose of vacuum clean and wet mop

Cons:
- LDS sensor fails all of a sudden with Error 1
- LDS part cost is nearly $100
- Spares cost are a little on the higher side
- Noise levels are little high but bearable

Created a video on fixing the LDS motor Error 1 and uploaded to YouTube (attached here)

Purchased in June 2018 at Gearbest for $449.00.

Genie in the house

Sceptical yes, however glowing positive reviews on this web site convinced me to purchase this robotic vacuum cleaner. Wow, an intuitive machine that can be run through an app or Google home and maps your home as it goes intelligently scanning and working each room and systematically covering it. You can set the vacuum to run at a particular time, plus you can save maps and send the vacuum cleaner to a particular spot or room in the house. Works incredibly well on wooden floors, floating laminate floors and large rugs. Easy to empty and maintain, saves time and effort.

Purchased in June 2019 at Amazon for $599.00.

System Errors Never

Great product and ease of use

This product is excellent. It is great at vacuuming animal hair and fine particles on carpet and hardwood floors. Also has a great mopping function that is works well. The mapping function is accurate and I can schedule cleaning and modes via the Xiaomi app.

Purchased in May 2018 at Kogan.com for $500.00.

Great Robovac without Burning a hole in your pocket

I will try to be as factual as possible with this review and hope it offers some insight to potential buyers :
Here goes :
The Pros...
1) Gets the job done - has a sensor and manages to "try" and clean every corner of the house, be it carpet or wood flooring
2) Wireless - I love the wireless charging and the automated robot voice and informs you that "it's charging"
3) Cleaning Suction - The suction is strong enough to compare it to Dyson vacuum cleaners so quite impressive for a robovac
4)App - App provides an overview on the area cleaned/covered, very handy

The Cons...
1) Noisy - noisy vacuum but so is my other vacuum cleaners hence understandable
2) Dirty Brush Warning - I constantly get the message "vacuum brush is dirty" - not sure if this is a glitch as i dont see how the vacuum can "sense" a dirty "brush" ?
3) Small Dustbin - again, its a Robovac so the dustbin fills up quickly..not a deal breaker
4) Long charging time - considering the long running hours, its ok if it charges for several hours - i'll take it.

ALL in ALL, i paid about $500 via Ebay and am satisfied with the purchase. The reviews here are pretty spot on as well so go ahead and grab one if you simply hate to vacuum your house .

Purchased at eBay for $480.00.

Product is used: Weekly
System Errors Occasionally

Good vacuum but not a fan for mopping

The roborock S50 is Very good at vacuum results on both hard surfaces and carpets. But no use for mopping because there is no steaming so can’t remove any stains.

Purchased in July 2019 at eBay for $500.00.

Product is used: Weekly
System Errors Never

Excellent product with whole house mapping and cleaning.

Pros :
2cm climbing height
Battery can last upto 120 mins on medium power.
Full house mapping.
software blocking.
Cons :
Need more suction power.
Cleaning in the corners.
Slow moving.
Low quality air filter.

Overall I rate it 4.5 star but best in market for it's price.

Purchased in November 2018 at eBay for $480.00.

System Errors Occasionally

An amazing maid for my new house

I had researched a lot before I purchase this.
Quick & simple to set up! Had it over a month now. Now scheduled vacuum job every few days.
Now my house is perfectly dust free!
I used their vacuum for my laminated timber floor, carpet & tiled floor.
Haven't tired the mopping function yet, cuz I didn't bother to change the mopping towel and water tank.
I am using the general mode and the carpet detection mode. so when it get to the carpet area, it will automatically increase the powder. After vacuum 70SQM it normally still have roughly 60% battery left.

I sometimes use it to pass snack or phone to my hubby who is in other room :P!

It is noisy, but every vaccum cleaner does the same. Just schedule it to start when you are not at home!

Tips:
1. When buying furnitures, if you want to maximise the use of this vacuum and do less job for proper vacuum job, try to consider the height of it to see whether it can go under the furnitures. Otherwise, the vacuum either can't go in or it may stuck.
2. Try to keep floor empty as much as you can . For example, cables/ power boards/ or any other small items will lower your vacuum performance. The vacuum may get stuck / avoid the vacuum cleaner to vacuum the corner space.
3. Clean your robot frequently. When I say clean, not just emptying the dust box but also remove the hairs that tangle on the brushes. All you need to do is spend 5mins every 2 weeks? (depends on how frequently it vacuum)

Purchased in July 2019.

Love this vacuum

It does its job very well, scans the floor and cover everywhere. the only downside is hard to connect to wifi. I still can’t turn it on remotely by my phone

Purchased in April 2018.

Amazing little guy

Quick and simple to set up and get running. Got stuck on very a long pile rug so I easily set up a virtual wall. Does the whole house in one go and the app tells me it's 79sqm in 70 minutes with plenty of charge left. He just goes back and puts himself on charge when he's done. Emptying the container is simple. The whole thing is so easy and keeps the dog hair down beautifully. The app is great, I can watch him work, pause, set up sections, walls, etc. Worked well on hard wood and on low pile carpet.

Purchased in June 2019 at Gearbite for $399.00.

System Errors Never

Was great when it worked.

Did a great job in 100sqm timber floor home however had a few app issues with mapping out our home and retaining the map. After 3 months the vacuum motor started becoming faulty and we got the smell of burning plastic/electronics. Scared we would burn down our home we sent it in for repair. That was 10 weeks ago and the repair has still not occured. The package may have gone missing in the post however communication has been poor during the whole process and they have had ample time to get it sorted. Very disappointed with the support and I'm left with nothing but an empty wallet and angry wife.

Purchased in February 2019 for $525.00.

Floor Type Wood

First Robovac - couldn't be happier

I've got a large 2-level 5 bedroom house: upstairs carpeted, downstairs tiles and floorboards (with rugs) - cleans a level easily on one charge (even on max power). Great app with features like mapping, scheduling, no go areas, spot clean-ups and alerts.
I mainly run the Roborock downstairs and it does a great job - floor always looking great now, plus is fits under my couch and beds! It automatically increases suction power when it finds the rugs.
A few minor issue (probably across all robovacs) - dustbin a bit small (fills pretty quickly on the carpet upstairs) and can't get behind latched doors of course, so a few spots need a followup with a hand-held unit. It's rarely been stuck except I have some dining chairs it can squeeze into from between the front legs but the others legs are too close together.

Purchased in June 2019 for $399.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Excellent investment

This vacuum has saved my back. I've owned it for nearly 18 months, and it hasn't skipped a beat. I set it to clean while I'm at work and come home to a clean house.

Mopping function isn't great. Water runs out mid clean and needs topping up. Leaves steaks. I use the vacuum with the mopping attachment on (without water) as it picks up more dust having the microfiber cloth on the base.

The app is easy to use. I have paired the device to Google Home and switch it on by telling Google to start the vacuum. Amazing!

It's a bit slow. Takes 1.5 hours to do my 90sqm house, but I don't mind as I'm not putting in any physical effort to clean the floors.

Automatically senses when it's on carpet and boosts suction. Maps the house out on it's own too!

Well worth the money.

Purchased in March 2018 at eBay for $469.00.

Worth every cent

I bought this robot vacuum from Gearbite ebay and am very happy with it. Highly recommend.

Pros:
- Does the vacuum for you and saves your back. It's really smart. You can set the robot to vacuum the house when you're at work (what's better than coming home to a clean house?). It can also clean a particular area as you direct it. This is really great as we have a small toddler and she constantly eats and leaves food crumbs everywhere. Also great for time-poor people.
- It works well with both dry (for carpets) and wet (for tiles) function.
- The app is quite easy to use.
- The filter is easy to clean and not messy at all - compared to my previous bagless vacuum which is horrible every time I try to clean the dust box.
- Much much less noise than a normal vacuum cleaner.

Cons:
- Maybe a bit pricey if bought at full price.
- I'm not sure how it works for multi-storey houses. According to other reviews maybe you will have to remap it each time.

Purchased in February 2019 for $509.00.

Fantastic machine

I’ve had this about a week now and it certainly lives up to the hundreds of 5 star reviews. I live in a 3x2 with tiled floors and two small shedding dogs. It’s always a battle to keep up with cleaning up of their hair. I had a cheap robot vac a few years ago and it was rubbish. Unlike the old one, this one plans it’s cleaning pattern by knowing where obstacles are. I think the mop could be a bit of a gimmick and haven’t bothered with it. I can even start, stop and send it back to base by talking to my Google Home that it works with. I paid about $500 on EBay and it’s well worth every cent.

Purchased in May 2019 at eBay for $509.00.

Floor Type Tiles

More helpful then I thought

I thought this was going to be a bit of a novelty but I'm impressed.
We have tiles, floating wooden floors and one room with carpet.
Roborock moves easily from room to room and surface to surface. Places where there is a step up say between wooden floor and bathroom tiles it works out a way to get over the lip. Once it has mapped the house it is easy to use the app to make it clean a particular area that you can highlight.

Dirt canister is small but app lets you know if it is full. App also tells if the rollers have been jambed. Long hair like with any vacuum cleaner is a nuisance.

We set it to run every few days.

Downside is having a 2 storey house. As it appears to have to remap if we have moved it from downstairs to upstairs. That could be improved.

It is noisy but not overbearing.

Purchased in May 2019 at Amazon for $595.00.

Great product

Very nifty. Works well and links to a well updated Xiaomi app. Haven't had any issues with it and it's made life a lot easier. App tracks the house and can operate the vacuum remotely.

Purchased in August 2017.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

Makes those Roomba's look pathetic

I had this robot for several months (borrowed from cousin) and absolutely loved it. It could almost everything some $800 could do. There are several suction modes from Quiet to Max but I usually leave it on max just to make sure everything does get sucked up. I live in a large double story house and the battery lasts enough to cover one floor (120 mins to clean) before it needs charging which to me I didn't see as a problem as I adapted to this limitation by letting it clean each floor on alternating days. However ! The mapping on the app is excellent however you cannot save more than one map and you need to turn on saving to be able to edit the map. So after I clean downstairs the robot has to learn from the start again to clean upstairs.

Purchased in May 2019 at eBay for $450.00.

System Errors Occasionally

Big Help! We stopped manual vacuuming completely.

We bought this roborock 6 months ago ans since then we never vacuumed or mopped manually. Xioami does such a great job!! I love the zoned cleaning feature. Never bumps into anything due to smart sensors, auto detects carpets and i couldnt be happier about this purchase.

Purchased in October 2018 at Ebay for $530.00.

I’m amazed

Ok.iv bought some crazy stuff in my time but this has to take the cake.im time poor and even though my dog has short hair after a few days it’s everywhere so I read up on a lot about these machines including the Roomba i7+ which isn’t here yet.looked on YouTube and there are matchups against other machines and this does a really good job against the expensive ones.its easy to work out how to use.iv download the new update.connected it to google home.downloaded app to both my phone and iPad and took it out for a spin.i can see how it may take 2-3 shots at drawing out your rooms but if you don’t want it to go into somewhere just block it off so it’s not drawn on the map.hey it went under the bed....who goes there ? Ha.anyways I just have to say Alice ( yes it’s called Alice from the Brady bunch ) is one crazy woman.i can even tell her to vacuum when I’m at work.what a woman.havent tried the mop yet but will one day soon and do an update but for the price ( $599 ) compared with the others it works great.i bought mine straight from Roborock Australia but you can buy through other sites but just make sure it’s the English version and not the Chinese.if anyone from Roborock views this can the let me know if there are any new voices coming out in English.thanks

Still loving itGreat machine.anyways here’s an add on for you.either go to a fishing tackle store or bunnings.i went to Bunnings and bought a inline filter for polypipe.you know the filter you place on the pipe to filter out big stuff for maybe if you have a bore.i only wanted the filter so you maybe able to find one in a fishing tackle shop or maybe spotlight.glad have smell satchels which are little perfumed ball.place balls in filter and block end.i just taped it.place in dustbin and it makes your room smell so nice as you vacuum.

Purchased 6 of these so far

Fantastic vacuum product. I have had one personally since the day after they were released, and have convinced multiple people to get one. They are far superior to any of the competitors at time of release, and the mopping function is far better than I expected. I have purchased about 4 for my boss and his family for their various houses, and they would use them daily and have never had a problem either.

The only downside I have found is the setup process is very chinese and frustrating, with it simply not appearing on your phone or disappearing for no reason during setup. If you just keep going through the setup a few times it will eventually get set up and work fine after that.

Also the chinese government likely will have a laser precision map of your house as a result of use, if you had privacy concerned you probably wouldn't be using a smart device anyway though.

Purchased in March 2019 at Amazon for $529.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
System Errors Never

How does it handle going from mapping a timber floor to a timber floor with a rug? I don't want it to mop the rug!
Not sure because my timber floors have no rugs on, I know I have just zoned rooms with carpet off when it has been mopping. But not sure if you have a rug in the middle of the room. My suspicion is that it will end up mopping the rug (not too much of a problem because the mop is basically an microfibre cloth that the vacuum pulls, so mopping your rug isn't going to put a lot of water into the rug anyway). I will try figure it out for you.We have timber floors with no rugs, but, we had a rug for a week (borrowed) and the robot went over it without a problem. When you select the mopping function you have to "specify" the area you want mopped. (So you would obviously not select the area with the rug) When you "mop the floor", maybe just take the rugs off the floor first...Thanks for the replies. The rug is big and under a coffee table and chairs so not very movable

Hi, has anyone tried the Xiaomi with a split level home? Is it possible to just re-map each section each time you want to use it?
Yes you can, what you would do is just let it refresh the map each time it goes for an operation rather than saving it. So you'd lose the ability to say to it to go to a certain place, which means it would just clean everything because you'd have no off limits zones set, although you'd have the same problem with any smart vacuum

Thanks for all the reviews and comments guys! I saw differences in the prices that have been listed some as competitive as $420 from Kogan, how to get such a good price? Has anyone bought an extended warranty with it?
I paid $539 on eBay for mine and didn't get an extended warranty. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Xiaomi-Mi-Roborock-S50-Robot-Vacuum-Cleaner-2nd-Generation-Australian-Version/172995760410?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649I've got 6 of them for various houses and have never had a problem some are now over a year and a bit old. For the low price you're better repairing them than having a warranty. Parts are cheap and the construction is simple for the engine etc.

CategoryRobot Vacuum Cleaners