Yamaha Motor MT-07LA

Yamaha Motor MT-07LA

See the Best Naked Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kaptin Kyle

Kaptin KyleBrisbane

amazing bike

this bike is amazing for a learner approved bike. super quick and easy to ride. you would not even need to upgrade when getting opens. they look really nice also. they are a bit pricey but worth the tag. plus its always nice getting through the traffic quick and spending little on fuel.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Olesya

OlesyaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love my baby:)

My dream bike:)
Very comfortable position while riding.
Reaaally quick start
I put Titanium Acropovich exhaust and customized the look of the bike, and now - its simply masterpiece!
Every detail works like a clock
Japanese engine wins of course over all
Never let me down:)
Highly recommend
A bit quick for learners tho

Date PurchasedDec 2016
John

JohnCentral West, NSW

Nice looking

Nice looking..very fast smooth bike...Well priced $10000 on road....Seat will need repadding with a thicker foam..not a hugh cost..Will become uncomfortable in time. Being picky though...Learner approved who should take caution. Be aware services due are not cheap...$300 to $400 so I'm told as yet to hit 1000km service...Hard to go wrong with a Yamaha...Cheers

Date PurchasedSep 2017
The King

The KingSouth Australia, 5000

Love it

Loved it from the beginning. Looks good, goes great and very reliable. Modified throttle stop in order to get full throttle and that makes a huge difference in drivability. A little vibration due to the cross plane engine, but who cares when you're enjoying the freedom. Rear shock is a little soft for my weight & height, 6'1" 100kg and no I'm not obese like all the doctor's charts claim.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Andrew.H

Andrew.H

This is perfect

taking it off the lot was hard going from the XVS650 16 classic but after a few days i quickly fell in love with it haha unfortunately I'm not getting enough mileage out of of it as I would like to hopefully I fix that with a few weeks as it's a beautiful ride and the freedom is unbelievable

Date PurchasedJun 2017

RoyBoyPerth, WA

Great Advanced Learner`s Bike

Date PurchasedAug 2016

JamesHRLBrisbane

Best Bigginer < Middleweight Bike

My understanding is this is the Fastest Lams bike on the market and it lives up to that easily, riding with my friends they cant keep up maxed out when i feel like im cruising, white and black is best colour as it makes the bike look a little bigger and defined i suggest an exhaust to complete the picture but as i am drawn to a more sport like look i am considering the 2016 honda cbr500r but my dream bike is by far the 2012 Honda CBR600RR

Personal opinion as well as all other reviews youll find CBR's are the most comfortable to ride

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Bryce

BryceMelbourne

How is this lams approved? Lol

Date PurchasedJun 2016

I love my MT07

Best bike I ever have. Very light, fast enough and the price is good. There is couple of issues with most special on the water pipes which getting very faded, however this may be changed under warranty as if bad paint.
I fave load of fun on this bike, I'm not beginner, I'm riding now for about 20 years. I do not need bigger bike as this one if fast. I'm not racer.

ROKU

ROKUWestern Australia

Great value, Superb Ride !

Got the LAM's version so my wife can ride this aswell as she presently has restricted Licence. What a ride, lovely machine and one you could easily ride all day with NO sore bum afterwards. Value for money for sure, great sound and a pleasure to own. 3.9 laters per 100 k's, a great commuter and fun bike in one !

Bondi Boatman

Bondi Boatman

MT-07 Kicks as a LAMS

Eye for detail

Eye for detailPerth

Great LAMS bike, not quite perfect.

This was my second LAMS bike and the increase in power from my VTR 250 is huge - you just can't go back. Riding ergonomics are great but the seat is uncomfortable. I upgraded to the 'comfort' seat but that is only marginally better, although much better looking with the red stitching.

Handling is great and the bike is very light. You need to watch your downshifts and match your revs appropriately. If your revs are too high high the back end will kick out. Could have done with a slipper clutch, but maybe thats a reflection of my riding skills.

In any event I would highly recommend this bike, she's a sweet ride.

Heronlad

HeronladQueanbeyan

Perfect learner Bike

This Bike Is a very good bike for new riders on the road. I would recommend it to all who are starting out on the road and wish to keep a more powerful bike further down the road. With the hefty price of $10k for it brand new 2015 model. it might be a bit far fetched, but it is worth it. The bike itself is very powerful and filled with Torque at the front end. with a boringish top end as it clocks out at 171km/h. though why would one need to go that fast I don't know. The bike is light, and it is Japanese meaning easy and cheap repairs and parts for it. Plus the range of accessories for it is endless. I love this bike and it will be a good bike for a long time. the only problem is that there is no ABS.

Meanest lams bike on the market

Rob J.Frankston

Yamaha Mt 07

First road bike. I'm an older rider 55yrs . With new rules, restricted for three years, it made up my mind for me. MT 07 will carry me through to unrestricted licence no problem. I find it has plenty of power for take off and just does the cruising so easy. Stopping on the twin front discs gives me great feel. Not missing ABS . Good feel on back brake as well. Riding since December and never want to get off. Highway riding is good with Akropovic system clearly helping for awarness.

Tw586

Tw586Sydney

Yamaha is onto something with this beast

Jason

Jasonasked

Hi, I'm looking into buying an MT-07. I've seen a number of decent ones at dealerships with fair amount of kms on them and one in particular I found has done over 48000kms. I am particularly keen on that one as it is within my budget but should I be worried about a model with that many kms on the motor? Cheers.

Hung Pham
Hung Pham

hello Jason,

service history and overall condition are a lot more important than the kms travelled. regular oil changes are important and heed the drive chain/belts.

in my opinion, 40,000 for an MT07 (is it Lam or HO?), is quite a high figure given the model was released in 2015/2016 and normally a motorcycle mileage is twice a car’s given the way it is ridden “thus” trashed.

on the side note, once the odomoter goes past its 5 digits (99999), it goes back to zero and i would not think that’s the case here

Luxy

Luxyasked

Dose the first service have to be done by a Yamaha dealership to keep the warranty valid?

RoyBoy

No mate. As long as they are licensed motorcycle mechanic, anyone is allowed to do the services

ub34ty
ub34ty

No luxy, and no royboy. Anyone can service the bike and the only reason it would be kept valid would be if they used genuine parts and the correct oil (also dates and kms need to be filled out in the book) and to make sure that the invoice is kept for all items used if you are to claim anything under warranty.

Jake28

Jake28asked

Hi there . I rencently bought a Yamaha mt07 2016 learner approved as I'm still with my RE learner permit . My question is if I can put and akrapovic full exhaust sistem in my MT07 as I'm still in my RE?. In if it's considered a modification on the bike ?. Thanks . I live in Australia QLD

RoyBoy

Relevant question. If it`s the Yamaha supplied pipe, with the bung in, then it`s still R/E legal
If not, then potentially you`re making it in to a non LAMS bike.
That`s our ruling here in WA, so I would guess the same applies to you guys
I don`t think the Police are really all that concerned, but I`ll bet the insurance company would be using that as an out in any claim

JamesHRL

You can modify your bike in those sort of ways yes

Get an answer from our members and Yamaha Motor representatives