Yamaha Motor YZF-R15 v1.0

Yamaha Motor YZF-R15 v1.0

See the Best Sport Touring Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good bike for street rides

Perfect bike for beginners. Good engine condition until maintain the servicing and cost of reparable items are comparably low. I observed perfect engine capacity for beginners. It will rose up to 130 km/hr on sped o meter. front side leg panels are good protectors for legs if ee fell down they will protect your legs.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Tim

TimSydney, NSW

Small bike for beginner

Mine is 2012 model, bought it from last owner in 2015 with only 3K ish kms on it. Had problem with faulty stator, which also costs me a huge tow truck bill as i was left in the mountain with a not starting bike. I guess that's just a rare case and bad luck for me since i haven't heard much of this problem from other owners. Sold it shortly as i didn't wanna spend more money on fixing it.

Pro: Small size and power (this can be a con, depends on your size and riding experience, i'm 5'9'' and 80kg , a bit small to me), fuel saving, friendly to beginners.

Con: no as comfortable compare to standard street/naked bikes, a bit cramped. No suitable for highway ( it could reach highway speed but...., you wouldn't want to do it)

Date PurchasedMay 2015

TommyPerth

V.1 model

adrianpeds
adrianpeds

what disc did they use to modify to fit?

Dekz

Dekzasked

I recently took a 1 hour trip on my r15 I didn't realise that the oil lid cap wasn't screwed on properly. The oil is now bone dry. & the bike won't start, just wanting to know when I refill the oil will the bike start? Because the engine light never came on or anything bad. Does it have a fail safe for that kind of incident?

Aphro Ant
Aphro Ant

It possibly did serious damage to the engine. If it was me I would refill the oil, see if it turns over ok and then listen for any strange sounds and then once it has warmed up slowly take it through the rev range slowly still listening. If you have a knocking or rattling sound it will be time to get a new engine or get it reconditioned by a professional. You should hopefully be ok due to great engine design of Yamaha. Good luck.

Get an answer from our members and Yamaha Motor representatives