2Yokohama BluEarth AE01

73%11%16%

Wet Weather Handling
Durability
Dry Weather Handling
Brand Manager for Yokohama? Claim your listing.
See the Best Tyres in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

sani a.
sani a.ACTCasey 2913, ACT

Good tyres for its price

We had 4 of these tyres. The back tyres lasted 40,000km. The front tyres will go up to 45,000km easy. We didnt do a good job of rotating them! We used 225/60/r17. Good tyres for its price. Handling was nothing out of the ordinary. Relatively good petrol consumption. Definitely no mugs. I saw them real cheap at Tempe Tyres in Sydney. Show details
Finn
FinnWASouth West, WA10 posts

Blue Earth Yokohama WARNING !

No logivity didnt even last 30000km absolute rubbish
Worst tyre Ive ever purchased absolute rubbish honestly retreads would have lasted longer not even cose to 30000km and they all need replacing stay the hell away Show details
Derek M.
Derek M.SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA13 posts

Worn out way ahead of time

Had 2 front tyres fitted by Tyrepower a year ago. Only had em on for a year but in that time the wheel alignment must have gone out of whack ... Not the tyres fault, but they still wore out so quickly I didn't even get 20k out of them. I had high hopes when I bought them as they got good reviews and weren't cheap. Show details
Marcel B.
Marcel B.WAPeel, WA12 posts

Great tyre

They are very durable and give great fuel economy. Used to be a rattling noise on my old tires don’t have that issue here. Not much more you can say about them other than they are fantastic Show details
Robertb
Robertb12 posts

No complaints, 40,000 km

Got 40,000 km on front wheels on Toyota Corolla Fielder 4wd station wagon which seems reasonable, cant understand why some others are reporting lower mileage on these. Have replaced with ES32 version which seems quieter than the older model was . No issues with performance in wet or anything else.

Jonathan
Jonathan

4 Years @40000km and counting

I fine them dependable in wet condition very quiet on the road. I have 195/65/R15 on a Toyota Wish. I'm a none aggressive driver, I have the front rotated with the back just lately. I still fine the tires passing warrant of fitness (min. 5mm) it is still in 6mm.

justin
justinQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Good in the wet, comfortable

These tyres are excellent in the wet. I have 175/65 r14 on a nissan micra. They are also very quiet and comfortable over bumps.

I make sure the car steering is properly aligned and they wear well although faster than expected. This was similar to the rate of wear to Bridgestone re002 which were basically impossible to lose traction with in the wet - there is commonly a trade off between wear and traction.

Great tyres and would buy again.

tomr
tomrWYONGAH2 posts

low noise and nice ride BUT 20k kms and nearly worn out on a VZ acclaim wagon

quiet, very low road noise

nice ride, smooth and firm and responsive on the road

handle great all conditions, wet or dry

durability very poor 20k kms and need replacing. I normally get 50-6.k kms out of a set of tires. I rotate them them every 8-10k kms. The wear is even on all the tires, but they do not last .

JamesNew ZealandAuckland, New Zealand3 posts

Best tyre I have ever come across

I found the tyres to handle well in wet weather and dry weather. Gives good economy comparatively very low road noise compared to the Dunlops I had before.90% of my driving is above 100kmph on motorways. Now 2 years after fitting the Blueearth AE01 tyres I have just topped the 80,000km (50,000mile) mark and the tread is down to the wear indicator level.I fill nitrogen to the manufacturers recommended tyre pressue. The nitrogen I beleive keeps the pressure uniform for longer than normal air. I do tyre rotations every 10,000kms with wheel alignments and all put together I squeezed out 80,000kms.

Barry
BarryBrisbane

20k and worn out

I have had 2 previous sets of Yokohama tyres that lasted 40 - 50k so I purchased Yokohama’s again. These BluEarth AE01’s must be a soft compound as I am an older driver and not hard on tyres but still wore them out in 20k.These tyres drive fine but wear way too fast for the average driver. I won’t be purchasing Yokohama’s again after this experience.

Morrie
MorrieSaint Helena

Similar experience- only 2 years/20k

The tyres have been fitted to a 2005 4 cylinder Camry automatic. The tyres drive nicely, are fairly quiet, and there are no behavioural issues.

But - despite routine 6 month front- rear rotations and rebalancings, these 2 year old tyres have only done 20,000 km of not terribly demanding suburban use, are evenly worn and almost at the tread wear indicators - ie completely shot and will need replacing in the next month or so.

Previous experience with this car includes 4 years/ 45k from a set of Michelin XM2 - and I will likely go back to Michelin at next replacement soon - XM2 or Primacy 3 ST.

sneak
sneakAU2 posts

They wear out very quickly - only 20000 on the front tyres

While these tyres grip well, and seem to provide good fuel economy, they simply don't last. Whatever compound Yokohama is using, it degrades very rapidly. I got barely 2 years/20K out of the front tyres, and they're almost bald. Not good at all for a tyre at this price-point.

I wouldn't purchase again. There are much better options out there.

chuck48AU63 posts

Nice replacement & priced well

Just replaced the Yokohama Advans on my Corolla after 61 K (still 4-6 mm left) with these 4 for the price of 3 at Pakenham Tyres and More. They are quieter, grip is good in wet and unmade roads. Can't comment on fuel efficiency. Andrew did a great job (tyres/valves/balancing) - done while waiting & he indicated a similar mileage on these. Yokohama seem a good product to run with and the pricing was good.

Emma
EmmaPerth3 posts

Claims seem to be true

I have had these tyres for about a year. The claims about better fuel efficiency seem to be true, my car's (Mitsubishi Lancer 2010) fuel use is noticeably lower, particularly on highways and freeways (6L/100km vs 6.5L/100km). I have not noticed any excessive wear on them. Quite happy with my purchase and for helping the environment.

jacknomiz
jacknomizSouth Australia15 posts

Long life, quiet

I find these tyres pretty good. Swapping them regularly and getting even wear on all 4 tyres.

I did 20k km already and barely worn, hoping for another 20k at least.

Compared to my previous tyres, Yokohama are very quiet and offer good grip in wet conditions.

Not much impact on economy but that's fine. Would definitely buy them again.