Yokohama BluEarth AE01

Yokohama BluEarth AE01

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Yokohama? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Finn
FinnSouth West, WA

Blue Earth Yokohama WARNING !

No logivity didnt even last 30000km absolute rubbish
Worst tyre Ive ever purchased absolute rubbish honestly retreads would have lasted longer not even cose to 30000km and they all need replacing stay the hell away

Purchased in December 2020 for $300.

Derek M.
Derek M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worn out way ahead of time

Had 2 front tyres fitted by Tyrepower a year ago. Only had em on for a year but in that time the wheel alignment must have gone out of whack ... Not the tyres fault, but they still wore out so quickly I didn't even get 20k out of them. I had high hopes when I bought them as they got good reviews and weren't cheap.

Purchased in February 2019.

Marcel B.
Marcel B.Peel, WA

Great tyre

They are very durable and give great fuel economy. Used to be a rattling noise on my old tires don’t have that issue here. Not much more you can say about them other than they are fantastic

Purchased in September 2019 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $452.

Robertb
Robertb

No complaints, 40,000 km

Got 40,000 km on front wheels on Toyota Corolla Fielder 4wd station wagon which seems reasonable, cant understand why some others are reporting lower mileage on these. Have replaced with ES32 version which seems quieter than the older model was . No issues with performance in wet or anything else.

CarToyota Corolla Fielder 4wd

4 Years @40000km and counting

I fine them dependable in wet condition very quiet on the road. I have 195/65/R15 on a Toyota Wish. I'm a none aggressive driver, I have the front rotated with the back just lately. I still fine the tires passing warrant of fitness (min. 5mm) it is still in 6mm.

Car2004 Toyota Wish
justin
justinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good in the wet, comfortable

These tyres are excellent in the wet. I have 175/65 r14 on a nissan micra. They are also very quiet and comfortable over bumps.
I make sure the car steering is properly aligned and they wear well although faster than expected. This was similar to the rate of wear to Bridgestone re002 which were basically impossible to lose traction with in the wet - there is commonly a trade off between wear and traction.
Great tyres and would buy again.

CarNissan micra
tomr
tomrWYONGAH

low noise and nice ride BUT 20k kms and nearly worn out on a VZ acclaim wagon

quiet, very low road noise
nice ride, smooth and firm and responsive on the road
handle great all conditions, wet or dry
durability very poor 20k kms and need replacing. I normally get 50-6.k kms out of a set of tires. I rotate them them every 8-10k kms. The wear is even on all the tires, but they do not last .

CarVZ acclaim wagon

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022
JamesAuckland, New Zealand

Best tyre I have ever come across

I found the tyres to handle well in wet weather and dry weather. Gives good economy comparatively very low road noise compared to the Dunlops I had before.90% of my driving is above 100kmph on motorways. Now 2 years after fitting the Blueearth AE01 tyres I have just topped the 80,000km (50,000mile) mark and the tread is down to the wear indicator level.I fill nitrogen to the manufacturers recommended tyre pressue. The nitrogen I beleive keeps the pressure uniform for longer than normal air. I do tyre rotations every 10,000kms with wheel alignments and all put together I squeezed out 80,000kms.

Car2005 Mazda Demio Sport
Barry
BarryBrisbane

20k and worn out.

I have had 2 previous sets of Yokohama tyres that lasted 40 - 50k so I purchased Yokohama’s again. These BluEarth AE01’s must be a soft compound as I am an older driver and not hard on tyres but still wore them out in 20k.These tyres drive fine but wear way too fast for the average driver. I won’t be purchasing Yokohama’s again after this experience.

CarFord Falcon

Morrie
MorrieSaint Helena

Similar experience- only 2 years/20k

The tyres have been fitted to a 2005 4 cylinder Camry automatic. The tyres drive nicely, are fairly quiet, and there are no behavioural issues.

But - despite routine 6 month front- rear rotations and rebalancings, these 2 year old tyres have only done 20,000 km of not terribly demanding suburban use, are evenly worn and almost at the tread wear indicators - ie completely shot and will need replacing in the next month or so.

Previous experience with this car includes 4 years/ 45k from a set of Michelin XM2 - and I will likely go back to Michelin at next replacement soon - XM2 or Primacy 3 ST.

Car2005 Camry 2.4 litre
sneak
sneakAU

They wear out very quickly - only 20000 on the front tyres.

While these tyres grip well, and seem to provide good fuel economy, they simply don't last. Whatever compound Yokohama is using, it degrades very rapidly. I got barely 2 years/20K out of the front tyres, and they're almost bald. Not good at all for a tyre at this price-point.

I wouldn't purchase again. There are much better options out there.

CarFord Fiesta
chuck48AU

Nice replacement & priced well.

Just replaced the Yokohama Advans on my Corolla after 61 K (still 4-6 mm left) with these 4 for the price of 3 at Pakenham Tyres and More. They are quieter, grip is good in wet and unmade roads. Can't comment on fuel efficiency. Andrew did a great job (tyres/valves/balancing) - done while waiting & he indicated a similar mileage on these. Yokohama seem a good product to run with and the pricing was good.

Car2013 Toyota Corolla Ascent sports.

Emma
EmmaPerth

Claims seem to be true

I have had these tyres for about a year. The claims about better fuel efficiency seem to be true, my car's (Mitsubishi Lancer 2010) fuel use is noticeably lower, particularly on highways and freeways (6L/100km vs 6.5L/100km). I have not noticed any excessive wear on them. Quite happy with my purchase and for helping the environment.

CarMitsubishi Lancer 2010
jacknomiz
jacknomizSouth Australia

Long life, quiet

I find these tyres pretty good. Swapping them regularly and getting even wear on all 4 tyres.
I did 20k km already and barely worn, hoping for another 20k at least.
Compared to my previous tyres, Yokohama are very quiet and offer good grip in wet conditions.
Not much impact on economy but that's fine. Would definitely buy them again.

CarCamry 2008, 215/60R16
Kdawg
KdawgPerth

Good quality tyres nothing amazing

Bought these to replace my stock yokohamas for my Mitsubishi Lancer. Seen fine, good grip on wet and hard. Definitely quieter than the old ones but not as quiet as some reviewers led me to believe. Time will tell how long these hold up, so far they're going good with not much signs of wear.

Car2011 Mitsubishi Lancer