Zap Fitness

Zap Fitness

1.5

• Rates and Fees

the worst

The worst run gym organisation in Australia.
Appalling customer service.(non-existent)
Money-grubbing scum. Do not sign up for membership as they will do everything in their power to extract as much money as possible from you.

Cancellation fee scam

Tried to cancel my membership got told it would cost 200 dollars even though I don’t remember signing up for a big contract.
Whole thing is a scam and the gyms are terrible too.

Emilio M.

Emilio M.

Rude, disrespectful

Melissa H.

Melissa H.Tasmania

Charged me for cancelling

They don't open until 10am which doesn't work for me. I have moved to another gym and they said they will need to keep charging for another 2 weeks. I had been thinking of leaving for years after the months of out of order machines and poor cleanliness.

Worst gym ever

Very Handy

Very HandyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cancelled Memembership - Kept taking money from Account

I cancelled my membership in August 2019. Zap acknowledged the email. Zap kept taking money out of my account. Bank has stopped the process. Now I have to recover the money through a Solicitor. I can't get hold of them to respond.

Worst Cancellation process

I've been member for long time in SA, due to Covid-19, me and my husband decided to cancel our membership.
They said I have to give 14 days notice which was not possible (no way to contact them) after insisted many times, it was possible mine but my husband's membership still waiting for a refund.
It's been nearly a month and keep giving me excuses and no specific time for the payment to be processed.
Terrible customer service.

Jodie

JodieCentral, SA

Customer Service is non existent

I have been a long term member of this Fitness Group and when we started back here in SA after COVID19 there was no way to contact them by phone as it was just a recorded message. I have emailed them several times with a query and have been waiting over 3 weeks for a reply but to no avail. I am definitely not renewing my membership with this establishment and I will be letting everyone I know not to join up with them.

Not happy!!

I cancelled my membership in March, before Covid and closures hit and have noticed that zap has taken out another payment from my account today. When I asked about this they said, oh we’ve halved it to $14.95 so that’s good!! Hello I was short $12.00 for my groceries today thinking I had enough, not expecting that zap are still taking out costs from March!!!
I paid the extra amount to finalise my account so why should I be paying again now that you have reopened??? I don’t think this acceptable and being told it’s cheaper that I should feel better is disgraceful, especially in this trying time.

Find out how Zap Fitness compares to other Gyms

Charge money after the cancellation of the membership

I cancelled the memberships early March before they close down due to pandemic. We joint in to another 1000 time better gym at the same time. But these people have charged us again after the reopen even though we sign all the cancellation papers etc. When we were try to call those people we couldn't get hold on to any of them. Then we try to contact gym near my place, they said the gym membership still active. Jetts were so mych better before these fraud ZAP taking over the businesses, destroy the gym doing some renovation. Cut down the space by 50 % never recommend to anyone and never again with these people are fraud.

Great gym

This is a great value for money gym. 24/7 access, friendly staff, clean, excellent shower and toilet facilities and most importantly pretty decent equipment. I would highly recommend to anyone living in Tasmania.

Woody

Woody

Suits needs and is clean and well stocked.

Joined gym after many years of not attending gyms. Sign up was simple and value for money. Gym is well kept, staff friendly and equipment plentiful and in good condition.
Interesting to read that alot of people giving negative feedback is due to people not reading fine print, not paying as contracted etc... pay as you have signed up to do and you wont have a problem.

Unhappy Zapp customer

Unhappy Zapp customerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shocking customer service

Gym was ok but service was shocking
Tried to pause my membership and was told I couldn't without medical documents. When I then said I'd cancel it was happily put on hold.
Cancelled and then was charged fees and membership costs (despite multiple conversations costs not disclosed) Tried to complain and were non response. Advised a call back that never happened. Would not recommend at all

Disappointed

Like they were not helpful at all, fair enough when you sign up to zap fitness and you want advised that it was at 12 months contract it was promotion and I signed up I didn’t even even go once to gym in the last 6 months and they still make me pay me a cancellation fee of 200$ like this is so stupid I wouldn’t recommended anyone to zap fitness

Steven Y

Steven YGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

AVOID!!! NO CUSTOMER CARE AT ALL

Legend69

Legend69Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Progressively got worse, not renewing membership

They will continue to charge you for 4 weeks after a cancellation, apparently it's in their contract. Make sure you read the fine print before yo sign up. Jetts was way better! Plenty of better offers and better facilities at other gyms - make sure you shop around.

The worst payment policy

The gym is quite ok, however the payment system is the worst and horrible, you will be changed extra of $10 for any first failure debit for your card without taking any reason. It is a tasking money business without caring customers and created policy is to take your money.

Stuart M

Stuart MHobart, TAS

Down Hill Spiral

Joined 3 years ago and have watched it rapidly deteriorate. I have sent numerous emails regarding damaged or broken equipment with no response. Have now joined another gym, very happy.

Steven M.

Steven M.Hobart, TAS

Used to be great now it's dirty, smelly and poor maintenance

This used to be a great gym and I was one of the founding members. Since it was bought out by private equity it has gone to crap! They are sucking as much out of it as they can before selling for a profit and at the members expense. We are now looking elsewhere!

Rates and Fees

Gym used to be great, not anymore.

Cancelled 2 days after their cancellation period started which now means I owe them an extra fortnightly payment. Signed up for direct debit also but had debt collectors call me (after 1 missed payment) only to find out i was the one that had to send it every 2 weeks??