Zap Fitness

Zap Fitness

See the Best Gyms in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Will take you to debt collectors

Edit* I managed to contact them and they removed the extra cost from debt collectors and I was able to just pay what was owed

I had missed 3 payments as my bank sent me a new card, not knowing zap wasn't taking their payments , 3 months later a $300 dollar bill from debt collectors.
They will not try and contact you before this, I owed about $60 in reality
Just a warning, hopefully this saves some people having the same issue

Cub1977

Cub1977Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst gym ever

When I joined I signed up for 12 months 5 months ago. I rode to the gym key fob not working. The day before I swiped my key fob in reception nothing was said. I rang them up they told me my membership expired I signed up 12 months direct debit 5 months ago. I was furious. All they offered was a free fortnight and the area manager to try n sort the issue. To try n talk to staff on the phone during staffed hours all u get is answering machine. I left n joined anytime. They felt terrible for what happened and wavered my first gym payment. Don't join zap fitness worst ever mistake, they often wouldn't do the direct debit then u end up paying double at once.

Terry

TerryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good value for $

Having been a member of Jetts in sa since 2012 my direct debit membership amount has remained the same since Zap transition, sure thats a positive. There has been new cardio equipment installed at some locations.

Kristie

Kristie

This gym should be called Trap not zap!

Terrible customer service. They only offer direct debit and these are not consistently taken out. Another fault with this company, when I signed up they advised me i could cancel anytime. I thought this was awesome so I joined up and paid $50 for the swipe card. When I enquired about cancelling as I was going away for 8 weeks, they then told me that I can pause my membership but can only do this once.....or I could quit and rejoin. But that I needed to pay $50 to rejoin at a later date even though I had already purchased the swipe card? Funny how this was left out when I signed up!

Catherine

CatherineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No customer service

Before enrolling, I asked on different occasions to get an answer on whether or not Zap fitness is going to re-affiliate with health insurances so I can benefit from the membership rebate ($150).
I have been told that they would get back to me but they never did, despite asking 3 times, 3 different customer representatives.

This doesn't fill me with confidence about their customer services.
Also, I don't believe they now affiliate with health insurances either.

Cancellation and Refund - Worst experience ever

Rang and canceled over a month ago. Noticed fees still being taken from Credit card. Re-rang and asked for cancellation again and refund of past 2 payments. Was told that there was no record of past cancellation request so no refund. Of course there was no record as no-one there does there job - calls over the phone are not noted down. Easy to join impossible to leave!!!!

Worst gym ever! Please bring back Jetts in SA!