Zap Fitness

Zap Fitness

See the Best Gyms in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Zap Fitness? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees

Scott
ScottLaunceston, TAS

Absolute joke!!!

My bank card has been stolen from my car, I haven’t had a new card to pay my weekly membership. Now I’ve been charged $75 cause I haven’t been issued a new card from my bank! How do they sleep at night praying on people when they are down and out

Safety

John
JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor local gym management - Glenelg SA

Only 2 sanitising towel wipe bins in gym and 1 or both are generally empty consequently equipment can not be cleaned by any user .
Poor equipment maintenance . Airconditioning not working correctly from last Friday to today (Monday) .
See pic .

Sneaky actions in Sorell - with updated information

Find out how Zap Fitness compares to other Gyms

Crap gym - upkeep of facilities is a disgrace and customer service even worse!

Tez
Tez

Would give it 0 if I could

Had a trial no lock in membership for 6 months just to be safe. At the end of the 6 months this rolled over and continued charging me.
Attempted to cancel but couldn't seem to get through to anyone.
Eventually cancelled my card, next minute zap has sent debt collectors to collect $324.85 in overdue fees.
Untrustworthy and insidious is the the only thing I can say about this company. I know multiple people who've been through the same thing.
Just go to your local gym, the facilities are probation better anyway.

Terrible Gyms, Terrible Service

Gyms small, crowded and unhygienic.
Paused memberships during covid, but now wont let me cancel membership despite having met minimum terms because they havent made enough money out of me.
Money hungry organization with no care for the product and service they provide.
Couldn't speak more lowly of them.

Renee
ReneeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible company

This company refused to cancel membership during covid. Almost impossible to speak to customer service. Then rude and disrespectful on every question or query about your account. Never told me how much I owed and was charged a greater amount for cancellation than I owed on membership. There are more honest and reliable companies out there.

Refused to cancel my membership.

Tried to cancel my membership during Covid to which they replied they were unable to cancel memberships. After waiting until the gym re-opened I tried to cancel again to which they replied they had no record of our conversation. Took threatening of legal action for them to cancel.

Scammers

They will fleece you at every turn. Even after the membership period has finished they require 30 days of payments before you quit. Really dodgy. Don’t be fooled by their ‘cheap’ weekly rate. You will end up paying,

Max
Max

RIP OFF MERCHANTS!

Alex
AlexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusting service and greedy

I am utterly disgusted by them. I called them and emailed them 9 months ago to cancel and I thought they did. Today I get a message saying that my account is overdue. Basically my membership was put on hold and not cancelled. My contract was older than one year but I still had to pay 195$ to cancel because the account was on hold throughout the pandemic so basically they do not count from the day you joined but it depends from how long the membership was on hold. Do not join, there are much more better gyms than this one and the staff is so unfriendly and disgusting. If I could I would give 0 stars

Lazarus
Lazarus Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

ZAP more like CRAP

Burnside - Rundle Street and Currie Street all have lazy, unfriendly staff and each gym has missing pieces of equipment that the other gym has?
These clubs have a negative vibe with a dull atmosphere to train.
After one year at Zap its goodbye for Ever!

ATDistinction
ATDistinctionLaunceston, TAS

Contract is Bull$#!T

Absolutely greedy business, do not sign up unless you are 100% committed and can guarantee you won’t suffer any financial hardship. They a bunch of greedy “people”. Seriously go for a run or seek out a local independent business.

Dan C
Dan CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad Service...Go Somewhere Else

I have been to the Balaclava and Carlton branches. Neither are as clean as they should be. They don’t have enough room or equipment for the amount of patrons using it at peak times. Change rooms and bathrooms are worn out. Very hard to get in contact with by email or phone.