Zodiac Cyclonic Leaf Catcher

Zodiac Cyclonic Leaf Catcher

Very good concept, but destroyed my pump

Worked very well and was happy with the leaf catcher, until I returned home to find my pump was running dry. I found the leaf catcher had turned upside down. I am not sure how this happened, it was working fine earlier. My guess is either the pool cleaner hose or a gust of wind from storms that day may have done this. Please be aware that this can happen and can destroy your pump. i was considering purchasing a Zodiac variable speed pump. Looks like I will be getting a new pump, but might stay clear of Zodiac.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Andry, Thanks for the Review. As discussed with our Customer Care team, it would seem that a Storm has caused this damage rather than a fault with the product. Storm damage can be covered by Insurance if you would like to check with your Insurance Company. Any faults with the product would always be covered if they required so under Warranty T&C's. Thanks.

Wouldn't own a pool cleaner without a Cyclonic Leaf Catcher.

I recently replaced a long-serving Zodiac G2 cleaner (with earlier model leaf catcher) which I thought was a very effective combo. However, I am even more impressed with my new T5 Duo with Cyclonic Leaf Catcher. Together they keep my pool in absolutely pristine condition - extracting even elongated leaves and twigs. These days I'm not spending much time scooping out stuff that the cleaner misses! The Cyclonic catcher is a distinct improvement over the earlier model in that because of its design, it offers less impedance to water flow when it contains leaves and other detritis. Also it is easier to empty and allows less particulate matter to flow to the skimmer and pump seives which saves time and effort as these don't need to be cleared as often.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi ChrisO, Thanks so much for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Couldn't attach to my pool hose

Could never get it attached to my pool hose. No suitable adapter came with the product and I was unable to find one at pool/pump shops, so it never got used. It sits alone in my shed. Looks good in theory. Could be great to use, but I will never know.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Hi, Please call us on 1300 763 021 and mention that you were asked to call on Product Review, we can help you from there. Thanks.

Works great after more than two years

I've had this thing for over two years and I still love it. It doesn't catch everything but it certainly helps.

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Hi, Thanks for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Really works well!

Skimmer basket is quite clean after installing the Zodiac Cyclonic leaf catcher.
It's very easy to empty and does not drop leaves in the pool during emptying.
This is an essential piece of equipment for any suction pool cleaner.
Pool skimmer and Pump are clean now and filter is running efficiently.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi Jazzy, Thank you for your 5 star review and for taking the time to post this review. We are so happy to hear that your pool is ready for Summer, Happy Swimming.

Better than expected

The old Leaf eater finally died after several years of constant use so bought the cyclonic and new hoses. Between the two of them my pool is sparkling. Easy to see if it needs cleaning, easy to use. I can not fault it. I have been using for over a month now and no problems.

Hi Mermaid Deb, thanks for the top review!

Great product for leafy pools

My pool is in a very leafy area. To be specific, I have a big pool with only once skimmer box so when I run the barracuda the skimmer box is relatively ineffective, resulting in lots of leaf matter on the bottom. Normally before I got this product Id have to clean out the skimmer box every day or two otherwise the pool pump would load up and be sucking through clogged leaf matter.

After getting this and hooking it up (minor complaint around one of the hose fittings - one end came with appropriate fittings, other didn't??), I'm now able to change the contents of the leaf cyclonic catcher once every 5-7 days, and down to about once a month for the skimmer box, as hardly anything makes it through. The cyclone effect means that you can have an almost full leaf catcher but still be pushing a good amount of water through the filter without loading up the pump. Its also handy that you can glance at it and work out if it needs cleaning out.

To be honest, I wish they'd design this into skimmer boxes! Then youd really be onto a winner

Good to hear you're enjoying your unit, Tim - happy swimming!

Changed my review - 'Stupid design which doesn't fit standard hoses and cumbersome to remove'

I reviewed this in Nov 2014 and have subsequently had to change all my hoses to the bayonet fit to match a new pool cleaner. The concept is very good and protects your pump by stopping material filling the skimmer basket (see below).

I am eating humble pie, as I have now had to use this for some time and realize it is better than my first review. It can be hard to untwist the canister reaching in from edge of the pool, but a POSITIVE is that this part is really heavy duty - and won't break like the earlier model.

It works well and has a large capacity. If you have bayonet hoses, I can now thoroughly recommend it.
-------------------------
Nov 2014 Review

Concept is good. It stops masses of leaves entering skimmer box basket and blocking it, thereby damaging pump motor. It this thing fills and blocks, the water bypasses it and goes in through the spring-loaded valve in the skimmer box plate. Contents are visible from the pool edge.

I had the earlier model, a simple device which connects easily to standard Zodiac male hoses (one with a pink adjuster collar). It was easy to remove the basket by a simple twist whilst still in the water. Would do this most mornings when heavy leaf attack. It lasted 6 years till the twist fit broke. (Just needed a design change here).

This new thing has bayonet fittings so it does not connect to normal push in Zodiac hoses. It is cumbersome to remove in the water. I am desperately trying to find old stock of the previous leaf catcher which worked well. Avoid this or get the pool shop to try and explain how to fit it!

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Leaf catcher

I Bought Zodiac cyclonic leaf catcher, along with a onga mako shark cleaner, thinking it skimmed the top of the water. plonker!! it doesn't. it stops the leaves that are sucked from the bottom going into the skimmer box. It's alright. it may increase the life of the pump but i don't know for sure.
Hope this helps
Dunc
Easy to fit
It doesn't take the leaves and bugs of the top of the pool

Dont rate something lower for a mistake you made by not reading what the actual product is used for.