71% · 103 · 21%

Lyn
LynHunter Region, NSW
  Fair Incentive

Zodiac Leaf Catcher

This is our second Zodiac Leaf Catcher, the first one lasted over 8yrs with continual use, summer and winter. It does the job, we have a large gumtree that drops leaves all year round. The leaf catcher is a time saver. Show details
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning
RemcoWestern Australia68 posts
Overall
Harold H
Harold HSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts

It works well and the Zodiac G1 pool cleaner is quieter than in the past

Actually bought this in 2015 as part of pool cleaner package. We moved house and I never installed in pool at new house. When I recently replaced pool cleaner I installed same and it is working very well. It catches mainly leaves and the torn of dry parts from a number of Banana trees and Lemon trees.  Show details
Niffty
NifftyPerth, WA

Not working as had hoped

Bought the Zodiac leaf catcher hoping to clean skimmer less as the cleaning process for the leaf catcher is simple. I also have a self cleaning salt chlorinator that deposits into the pool & was hoping the leaf catcher would collect this, but I’m finding there is way more debris getting through than is being collected by the leaf catcher. It’s only large leaves that get caught, anything small tends to pass through. Also as the cyclonic action spins the water the leaves spin as well and tend to break up turning into smaller pieces that pass through. Idea great but needs to somehow trap debris away from cyclonic action to work well. Hopefully next version performs better. Show details
Kev
Kev3 posts

Great but cant buy parts

Bought one of these 3 years ago now and it has served me very well. Its ruggedly made and lasts well in the sun all day.My only gripe is that while the body of the catcher is still serviceable ,i cant buy the little flap valve on the bottom of the cannister to replace the original one which has now detoriated , so i have to buy a whole new unit when a small part would have sufficed. I'm happy to buy another new unit ,but i would also have appreciated the choice to just buy the small part for the time being. Show details
Overall
Andy
AndyWest Wyalong2 posts

Very good concept, but destroyed my pump

Worked very well and was happy with the leaf catcher, until I returned home to find my pump was running dry. I found the leaf catcher had turned upside down. I am not sure how this happened, it was working fine earlier. My guess is either the pool cleaner hose or a gust of wind from storms that day may have done this. Please be aware that this can happen and can destroy your pump. i was considering purchasing a Zodiac variable speed pump. Looks like I will be getting a new pump, but might stay clear of Zodiac.

Show details

Zodiac
Zodiac   DM
ChrisO
ChrisOMaroubra NSW 20152 posts
gnmaier
gnmaier43 posts

Couldn't attach to my pool hose

Could never get it attached to my pool hose. No suitable adapter came with the product and I was unable to find one at pool/pump shops, so it never got used. It sits alone in my shed. Looks good in theory. Could be great to use, but I will never know.

Show details

Zodiac
Zodiac   DM

Hi, Please call us on 1300 763 021 and mention that you were asked to call on Product Review, we can help you from there. Thanks.

ASA
ASA

Works great after more than two years

I've had this thing for over two years and I still love it. It doesn't catch everything but it certainly helps.

Show details ·  1

Jazzy
JazzyBrisbane

Really works well!

Skimmer basket is quite clean after installing the Zodiac Cyclonic leaf catcher.

It's very easy to empty and does not drop leaves in the pool during emptying.

This is an essential piece of equipment for any suction pool cleaner.

Pool skimmer and Pump are clean now and filter is running efficiently.

Show details ·  1

Mermaid Deb
Mermaid Deb3 posts

Better than expected

The old Leaf eater finally died after several years of constant use so bought the cyclonic and new hoses. Between the two of them my pool is sparkling. Easy to see if it needs cleaning, easy to use. I can not fault it. I have been using for over a month now and no problems.

Show reply

tim
tim

Stevo in Perth
Stevo in Perth7 posts

Leaf catcher

I Bought Zodiac cyclonic leaf catcher, along with a onga mako shark cleaner, thinking it skimmed the top of the water. plonker!! it doesn't. it stops the leaves that are sucked from the bottom going into the skimmer box. It's alright. it may increase the life of the pump but i don't know for sure.

Hope this helps

Easy to fit
It doesn't take the leaves and bugs of the top of the pool

Rick
Rick

Dont rate something lower for a mistake you made by not reading what the actual product is used for.