Zodiac VX40

• Large (2)
    • Small (1)
    • Average (1)

Sue LFar North Queensland, QLD

Spends more time in the shop than my pool

Purchased in March 2018 for $1,700.00.

Noise Level
Pool Size Large
Fluidra AustraliaZodiac
Sue L

Have sent the email, will it help me any. I have lost faith in Zodiac.

Robert M.South East Queensland, QLD

Had issues

This cleaner has been difficult. Firstly, The motor died just out of warranty and despite proven maintenance and low use, had to buy a new one. Also when it is on wall cleaning, it keeps on going after reaching the surface and continues up wall, until it finally stops, floats on surface while motor fires water out the tail, then sinks again. This twists the cable, or worse, means it slams itself into the wall. It doesn’t seem to realise its reached the water surface level. However, it doesn’t do this on the lift out function. I have to leave it on the floor function only. No-one seems to know why?? Any help would be appreciated.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac
Robert M.

Have done as instructed. Look forward to hearing from you.

Robert M.

Hi there - still awaiting a reply.

Mary L.Illawarra, NSW

Floating cable nightmares.

I too have had nothing but trouble with my tangling cable which impedes the robot from getting to the other end of the pool; I sometimes stand poolside so I can manually move the cleaner in an attempt to get it down the other end. I follow recommendations I.e lay cable out around pool deck to soften but alas once back in the water its dejavu. Its unfortunate Zodiac has not found a solution for this problem.
It also gets stuck on the steps, wheels keep spinning but can't budge unless I manually move it.
I haven't contacted zodiac yet and now seems pointless after reading these reviews.
Ma

Purchased in May 2019.

Pool Size Small

Zodiac VX40 follow up 12months after dealing with Zodiac

Pool Size Average
LukeyLeek

LukeyLeekSydney, NSW

Has to be in breach of Trade Practices Act it's that bad

Purchased in December 2014 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Physical store for $1,200.00.

Noise Level
Pool Size Large
Customer C.Zodiac

Short lifespan, terrible servicing - Consider a different brand!

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Cam
Cam

Hi, Thanks for your response, how would I DM you?

An example of the worst robot on the market

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Kim, Sorry to hear that you have had these issues. Please call us should you need to discuss further and we have passed your feedback. Thanks.

Fed UP

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Kathy, Please forward your details to apac.aftersales@zodiac.com. Please include this information and your contact details and we can assist you from there. We dont not ask for personal details on a public forum. Thank you in advance.

JessieBrisbane

Cable nightmare, design flow

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Jesse. Sorry to hear of your frustrations. We definitely test our Products before release. May I ask if you have spoken to our Customer Care or had a Tech look at the Unit. We would love the opportunity to try and assist you. Thank.

Jessie

Yes, they just told me to untangle it and lay out in the sun. I did it numerous times, it always get tangled. If I do that every time I use this thing, there would be no point of having a robot cleaner.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Jessie, Please send your contact details via DM, thanks.

PaulaG

PaulaGPostmans Ridge

Great pool cleaner

this little beauty picks up everything from small granules of dirt , leaves and general pool rubbish.
Its super quiet and the best thing its not heavy to lift out of the water. Very easy to clean and it never gets tangled. I would recommend this cleaner for just over a $1000 its worth it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming.

PaulBANGALOW

Cable always tangles robotic pool cleaner useless

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Paul. Thank you for your review. We have been looking into this with you. Could you please DM your details so we can call you and discuss the options for you. Thanks.

Paul

Thank you for your message. Though not sure how to send you a private Direct message, as only way I can see is via this open messaging. I could contact your customer care team again, who would I ask for?

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Please call 1300 763 021 and ask for the Social Media coordinator. Thanks!

Going through the battle with manufacturers as this is obviously a design problem from the start!

Pool cleaner is great! But the cable tangles every time. Even doing their recommendations still tangles straight away, obviously a design fault as the new model has a swivel installed. Should be a recall really.
Installing a swivel wouldn’t be to hard, if they supplied one but then they would loose out on the “upgrade selling pitch” what they have tried already.

CRK

CRKGold Coast

Stay clear, not fit for purpose.

Cleaner robot itself seems ok, but the cable unfourtantely makes the unit unusable. 9 our of 10 times it ends up in a tangled mess. I avoid using it because I can’t be bothered battling the ever tangling cable. I wish I had seen the reviews here before purchasing. Go for something else.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, sorry to hear that you are having issues. May I ask if you have contacted our Customer Care team for assistance? Thanks.

ChrisPerth

Zodiac VX40 - Possibly the worst large ticket item I've ever purchased.

Zodiac VX40 - Possibly the worst large ticket item I've ever purchased.
I have had a robotic pool cleaner for a number of years and purchased a VX40 to replace it. The cable gets caught up and limits movement and the cleaner misses area's of a relatively small pool. May I suggest to steer clear of this one.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Chris, Sorry to hear that you have had issues with your Cleaner. May I ask if you have spoken to our Customer Care team to try and resolve these issues? Thanks.

Chris

Thanks for your reply. I have forwarded my concern through your website on the 28th of November and I'm looking forward to a response.

EmmaCAuckland

Terrible product and terrible customer service

EmmaC

Hi Zodiac. I have had no response to my PM so posting my email address here and will delete once you have picked this message. Appreciate any help you can provide with sorting in NZ! Thanks, Emma

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Emma. Sorry I have checked the PM's and I cant see one from you. I have emailed your message to our NZ Office. Thanks!

Lee

LeeDum Dum, NSW

Happy with purchase

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Lee, Thanks for your 4 star review, Appreciate you taking the time to leave this Feedback. Thanks!

What a nightmare

Bought an LM 40 Salt cell and control box. It stopped producing chlorine after two months. Contacted zodiac warrantee. No back up , no follow up, no service, no care whatsoever. Two and a half months later stress, headaches, dramas and $600 spent on liquid chlorine I get the unit back next week. I will never buy another Zodiac product again.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Painful.

It cleans the pool great,picks up all the leaves but the cord is always getting tangled,doesn't matter how long it is stretched out for as soon as u put it in the pool its tangled. Driving me nuts because once its tangled it restricts the area the cleaner will clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Gen, sorry to hear that you are having issues. If you havent already and would like assistance, please call us on 1300 763 021, thanks!

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shouldn't be on the market

After a run of poor service from Astra with their Pandora product which we loved) we were convinced to try the new Zodiac VX40. What a failure! on two accounts. It left the pool in the same state with sand and leaves on the bottom from new out of the box. Failure no 1. On returning it to the shop they tested it and we were told they couldn't fault it (after three weeks) and gave it back to us to "try again" Failure no 2. Poor service on a poor quality product. Feel sorry for the retailer getting mucked around. We are back in the market again for a quality product that has manufacturer support not just a sales channel.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Peter, sorry to hear about your experience. Have you been in touch our After Sales Department? You can contact them via phone on 1300 763 021 or email apac.aftersales@zodiac.com

Peter

i had several contacts over a one month period through the retailer and was very disappointed. Iv'e moved on now

jvd18asked

A couple of things i would like to mention. Firstly i am trying to find my paperwork on the VX40. Does anyone know what the warranty is on this model?I do not think i have done a product review on this site before but did do one on facebook a while back. To be honest i was angry and quite blunt about the product. But this did bring attention to Zodiac and they were quick on the phone.
After a discussion on the phone a rep came out in Adelaide and was helpful to a certain extent. I have had him out 3 times and have changed numerous things on this model which was good but really should they have done that? With the model only around 12 months old at the time you would not expect these things to be changed already but it was to my advantage. The cord was the main issue with tangling all the time. I had it changed twice and had an issue with the control box. I was told the cable would need replacing on a regular basis, how regular it depends. Its all to do with the cord in the water and when the cable stiffens that's when tangles happen even worse.
I had a reasonably good run out of it, managed to cut down the tangle issue a little by just experimenting of different ways of laying out the cable. But i still think this model should not have been released if it had proper testing. The idea of a robotic cleaner is for the cleaner to clean the pool without the help of a human having to always keep an eye on it, move the cleaner around, take it out the pool to get rid of tangles.
Rep was great but he can only do so much for a product that is not that good. I know someone that has a Dolphin and they have never had to change their cable yet and it seems the dolphin brand uses a different quality of cable. But now i have the same issue with the info light flashing and now will have to call Zodiac again. Hoping its still under warranty that's why the question i had earlier how long is the warranty on this model.
Generally its a good cleaner bar the cable issue.Also, im not sure if the cleaner is at fault but having an older fibreglass pool this zodiac cleaner has been breaking up some of the weak sections of the fibreglass where its been peeling. Maybe its too strong of a cleaner compared to a suction type, but that's what i took a gamble on. Reading here on the reviews on the expense of the cable you would not want to have to replace it it on a yearly basis. I am not sure what will happen if this unit is not under warranty. I am not sure if i can trust the Zodiac brand again. Be better paying the extra money and look at a different brand.
But hopefully, on my next purchase, that whoever i get one from i hope they can do a demo first.
So now to contact Zodiac again, and see what happens. It must be terrible for a company that wants to put themselves in the market but having a product that fails must put pressure on them to satisfy the client and keep their customer base.
Finally to Paula G ...Your comment that you have never had a issue , please give more facts, eg size of pool and shape, and how you prevent the cable from knotting up. It is hard to believe that you have never had an issue. perhaps do a video and upload to Youtube, you will get a lot of hits!!!!
sadowner

Mary L.

I ended up getting an upgrade replacement as the supplier intervened, as they should. They sell and promote the product, hence they stepped in. I think warranty is 24 months but you have proof the issue was occurring prior to end of warranty.

jvd18

yeh, like only after having it for 3 months. Not sure what will happen if only a 2 year warranty.If so ran out last month

jvd18

just checked paperwork 3 year warranty. Glad i had today off from work, i have spent 40 mins waiting on the phone and now i left auto dial back. See if that works. Wow! They must be very busy

Robert M.asked

This cleaner has been difficult. Firstly, when it is on wall cleaning, it keeps on going after reaching the surface and continues up wall, until it finally stops, floats on surface then sinks agin. It doesn’t seem to realise its reached the water surface level. However, it doesn’t do this on the lift out function. I have to leave it on the floor function only. No-one seems to know why?? Any help would be appreciated.

Mary L.

Robert I didn't have that experience with mine. Mine was the cable issue.
Though I'd like to mention after multiple emails and videos with no reply I ended up contacting the pool company which supplied the cleaner with emails attached. I ended up with an upgraded new cleaner.
Sorry I couldn't help with your query.

Robert M.

Thanks Mary. I’m hoping the company contacts me.

SMV

SMVasked

Hey Zodiac team.
Am trying to get in touch with you here, since response time seems to be better than your phone.
I've attempted to call you twice today, on hold for 17 and 15 minutes respectively to no avail.

My VX40 has a continued flash of the error lamp, and this is not noted in the owners manual anywhere, making it impossible to deal with.

I can see that in all the below threads you suggest to call the office, but is there a best time to get in touch. It's not feasible to stay on hold and simply wait for somebody to answer the call.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Sorry to hear that you had issues with getting through. As our Customer Care team do lots of Troubleshooting, sometimes calls take longer to handle as we like to ensure we are solving your issues at first call. If you are able to send a DM with your number, we can call you. Thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives