Filter By:

Good value.. so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

1 month.switched Insurance due to pricing.Considering we have never made a claim yet price kept rising.So we found Budget Direct.happy with the price...

Easy to apply and best price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I have only been with Budget Direct for a few weeks, so it's early days, but I was very happy with the ease of the joining process

Melbourne

Best insurance price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

4 days easy to do on line and the price for house and contents beat the price from my previous insurance company

Great Home and Contents policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

New policy...Very happy with Budget Direct Home and Contents policy. Great price and good coverage for building and contents. Easy to buy on line for an extra discount.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Worst insurance company ever!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

14 weeks it took for you to give us an answer, after ripping our whole house apart, 12 weeks later you told us that you wouldn't fix it and that i would have to find my own builder - 3 weeks out from christmas!!! Your staff are rude and incompetent, we had no apology or any compensation for living like this and except we were told by one of your staff in the claims department who is useless and should not be working with customers that its just a bit uncomfortable, says her sitting on the other end of the phone! I made a complaint which got cancelled and only because i rang and followed it up was it re opened!!! Not good enough at all! You offered me a settlement price that didn't include half of the things you had ripped out and then argued with me what i was entitled to! I was disadvantaged because i live in a rural area and yet i still pay the same as someone living in the city! You used builders and assessors who were from the city and took 3 hours to get here which delayed the process even more! What a joke! Insurer of the year....i don't think so! I will definitely not recommend you to anyone!!!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Perfect price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

After being with one insurance company for 34years. They just could not match budget directs pricing and would not match price. Needless to say they got dumped. Let’s see if this relationship lasts 34 years.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I have only been with them for a month and I can't tell yet but I can't see a problem with them

Need insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I have been with your insurance company for only one month going on for two month for contence only as i rent

Best insurance good for value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

1 year ago I used before , now better online service not many question ask. Customer service very good, I hope loyalt like ask with out any claim last 20 years count.

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

3 years but i do have to keep reviewing the policy as I don't agree with the amount you increase the policy every year

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Just joined so I am trusting it will all be well Peace of mind knowing I am insured. Easy process

Met my requirement in terms of coverage and cost.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

2 weeks. Will assess performance of policy once I make a claim. I hope the process is simple and claims are processed promptly.

Good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

A few days. All I can say so far so good the lady on the phone was extra helpful and very polite

Nice worker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

The woman who signed me up was very helpful and patient. The whole process was easy and straightforward. Stop trying to make me write more words!

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Treats new customers better than current ones, lack of transparency

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

5yrs. My H&C premiums have consistently increased year-on-year by a couple of hundreds each time despite my not having made a single claim. When questioned, all that was said was that underwriters consider a range of factors such as suburb location etc.. What a load of bull with no transparency or clear explanations why.

Also more interested in new customers than keeping current ones: Up to 30% on H&C for new customers but existing one can go get stuffed? Is this how you reward customer loyalty? Well done Budget Direct. I am switching when the policy is up.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

1 month. We only just signed up with Budget Direct for our contents insurance coverage. Signing up was easy online.

Price. Was not cheapest gift voucher helped sway me

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

I am a first time customer so i really can't rate budget direct home and contents insurance at this stage so hopefully they will be good and not increase the price next year.

Great cover great price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Great cover. Great price . So far it suits well
Happy with the overall plan. Easy to purchase too. Good choice

Best and economical price in the market

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Just now this year after comparing on line price quote. I preferred best insurance as budget direct for money saving .

Verified Customer

Precise and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

Prompt service and quick receipt of relevant documentation A very competitive quote as well. Have had insurance with other companies but will now stick with Budget Direct.

1 of 33 pages

how much to pay to insure a $100,000.00 house a year

Wendy asked on Mar 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Wendy, thanks for considering Budget Direct Insurance for your house. You can visit the website to get a quote online https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/home-contents-insurance.html or contact us on 1800 700 027.

-Budget Direct

Hi I was just wondering if I would get much of a discount if I had three home insurance policies with you guys two landlord policies and one home and contents?

Blake asked on Mar 27, 2017

Answer this

Dont bother. They will not cover you even if u have a ligitimate claim. Look elsewhere.
Do urself a favour & look elsewhere.

What ever you do, DO NOT call Youi. They were charged and convicted of FRAUD against customers and potential customers and fined almost $600,000 3 times in the last 15 months. ASIC is investigating Youi again, this time for a cult like attitude for not paying claims !.
As for Budget Direct, they're pretty good and I'll write a review after the first 12 months.

Can you supply a home & content policy the same as nrma standard policy? I would like to give budget the business but am afraid if it comes to the crunch ( so to speak ) & I need to claim for some thing that nrma would approve, you won't . Paul

Kathleen J asked on Jan 17, 2017

Hello,

While we are not aware of the level of cover offered by our competitors, you are welcome to complete a quote with us at any time. We have a live chat facility available should you have any queries. For full details of our policy, please see our Product Disclosure Statement here: http://www.autogeneral.com.au/search/HOME/BUDD

- Morgan