Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Better than our big vacuum!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

My husband bought me this vacuum after we used one at a beach house we hired in the last summer holidays. This is the best vacuum I have ever used. We have a large, older model Dyson, but this stick model is much better. With newer technology it has better suction, plus there's no cord so you can go as far as you want. The charge lasts long enough to do a small house. It has different feet to attach for carpet or hard floors. There are two levels of suction, normal or max. It is very light and convenient. The only downside is you have to hold the 'trigger' the whole time for it to keep vacuuming.

Adelaide

Dyson animal

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Excellent, works well on all different floor types ( carpet and tiles), easy to manoeuvre around furniture and under the table. It has great suction. Light weight and convenient especially with young children in the house. Always being used and lives in the kitchen for easy reach. Would recommend to anyone looking for compact unit. We also have upright Dyson for whole house vacuum - purchased on line with gift card

Purchased at: David Jones

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Good stick vacuum cleaner

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Bought this recently because "everyone " thinks it is fantastic. It was almost the same price as my barrel vacuum cleaner so I expected great things. Guys, it's a stick vacuum that cleans up the day to day grotty stuff on the floor. The battery runs for about 20 minutes on max then needs a several hours to recharge. If you're not careful emptying the canister it goes everywhere and it's tricky to empty as well. My old $100 one did the same job. I was expecting it to make coffee and pack the kids lunches for this price! It's good but overpriced.

Purchased at: Costco

• 4 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

So convenient great suction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

So convenient as we have a really big house and lots of floor space so having a cordless vacuum is great. Easy to use, lightweight, easy to empty.
Excellent suction and cleans just as well as our corded $700 hoover.
Tucks away neatly in our laundry cupboard and charges on the docking station.

KURUNJANG

Verified Purchase

Throw out the dustpan and brush

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

This vac lives mounted in our kitchen. With a busy family it is constantly being used to vac up toast crumbs, spilt cocoa pops, pencil sharpenings, you name it! Very handy and easy to pop open and empty. This vac has replaced our dustpan and brush but is not the main vacuum cleaner for our big family. It does run out of battery and have to be recharged and this would take forever with a large house. It is also quite noisy on 'Max' setting which is what it usually stays set on. The later models have a longer run time apparently but this is an older more basic model which was a great bargain and does all we needed it to do.

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

The best vacuum ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

It is so much easier to clean the house. I only use 20 mins each day. It is great to use for section by section.
I highly recommend to purchase this beautiful vacuum to everyone.
I have 2 pets in a house. This vacuum maked different... sunny

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Very good vacuum but runs out of battery quickly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

This made our vacuuming a whole lot easier with it being quite convenient with cord-free and minimal fuss. We use it on wooden floors in the common areas and industrial carpet in the bedrooms. The only annoying thing is that the battery lasts approx 20 mins, but other than that, we're really happy with this purchase!

Purchased at: David Jones

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

CRAP!!!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Worst vacuum cleaner I have ever used / purchased. Such a waste of money, I rang Dyson after we started having problems and they wanted to charge over $300 to look at a product that was a few months old. The vacuum constantly turns off and will stop working mid way through after being charged to the max.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Taran, I am sorry and slightly surprised to hear about this. Inspection of a Dyson machine is always free with the only charges being for anything not covered by the Dyson Guarantee, or for whe... read more »

Balwyn, Victoria

• 8 comments
  • 26 answers
  • 26 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Vacuuming is no longer my most HATED housework..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

I hated Vacuuming. This has made it bearable. Versatile. Gets into corners and under furniture easily. Ideal for doing those busy places that get dirty so quickly. Leaving it wall mounted in the family room means no set up, and the small bin is trivial to clean when full. On the POWER mode it picks up the ingrained fine dirt from carpet better than my Miele barrel vacuum.
Pros:
POWERFUL suction. YES REALLY Powerful on High mode
Regular mode gives a decent clean too.
GREAT at picking up fine pet fur (the stuff that sticks to everything)
Lightweight and doesn't hurt my back or make me sweat.
Gets into Corners and under furniture Well
Fabulous on Carpet as well as hard floors.
Detachable hand held vacuum does a great job on Fabric chairs/car seats
Crevice and brush tools.
Clear plastic bin, easy to see when full
Trivial to empty and no messy bags. Hands don't touch the dirt.

Cons:
High Power mode only lasts six minutes (however it is quicker at vacuuming) before recharging required.

Purchased from the Good Guys September 2018

Bunbury WA

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Fantastic little vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

I love this vacuum, it's so handy for a quick run around the house.
We mainly have wooden floors with some rugs and find it great on both.
I use it on the max setting as i find the normal mode not really powerful enough. I get about 15 minutes of use on max which is fine for me as i do half the house in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. (You get 30 minutes on normal mode)
I think if you can afford it buy the V10 but if this is your budget then it's still a great little vacuum.
My tip would be to empty the barrel after every use as easier to empty then and runs better.

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

O.M.G. I never knew my carpet was so dirty..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

The good points: suction - fantastic. Pet hair removal-fantastic. Maneuverability-fantastic to have no cord and no great burden dragging round behind me and banging into the furniture. Satisfaction- great!- watching all that crap accumulating in the clear canister makes me feel very virtuous! Versatility-love being able to turn it into a dust buster by removing the stick & attaching the head directly to the engine & getting stuck right into those awkward spots like stairs & in the car. Battery- i thought it might be a problem not lasting the distance for vacuuming my 2 bedroom house but haven't had a problem with it set on medium. Bad points:- I get a sore wrist from the weight of it and have to keep changing hands or holding it with both hands at once. Also the stick is a bit short for me ( I'm 5 foot six) and I get a sore back from hunching over the short stick as I'm vacuuming. So sometimes to get relief from the aching back, I remove the stick & use the machine like a dust buster & just crawl around on my knees. At least I get a good view of the dirt! Also I've used the machine for 2 weeks now, vacuuming maybe every 3rd day( just spot cleaning), & I still find I have to empty the canister every 5 minutes or so which means several trips outside everytime I vacuum. Lastly..being handheld and quite heavy for one hand, I'm a bit paranoid I'm going to drop it when I go outside to empty it, and that being plastic it will break. No way of getting round that I suppose unless it was made of metal which would make it super duper expensive instead of just expensive. Will I buy another one?!-absolutely yes unless I drop it and break it within 12 months which will really make me cry!

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Cranbourne East

Brilliant Product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

My floor is mostly tiles. I thoroughly researched stick vacuums and settled on the V7 after the boss bought one for work. The V7 performs in line with the manufacturers claims and what’s more the kids love using it! It is surprisingly powerful and my favourite “power tool”. Highly Recommended

Purchased at: flybuys Travel

MORNINGTON ISLAND

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

What a great product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

I recently bought a robotic vacuum for the room and bought this for the stairs and other places out of reach. This is a very nice vacuum. Its lightweight and has adequate suction for general use in 'normal' mode. It has a high powered mode for extra strong suction when needed. The attachments are functional and appropriate. One of the really nice features is the wall mounted charging station. I keep the vacuum stored in it so it's always charged and ready to go. When I'm finished using it, just click it back into the wall mount and it starts charging again. Very nice design.

Pennant Hills

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

work well

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

A great vacuum cleaner, its function surprises me, it is very convenient to use, it is easy to disassemble and clean it. Whether it is tile or carpet, it can be cleaned very cleanly, even the sheets can clean out a lot of dirty things. Dyson's products really didn't disappoint me. highly recommended.

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

The most handy household device ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

We have an amazing top of the line corded vacuum cleaner that is fantastic, but big and clunky and an effort to drag around. While we had a small house and no children it was fine. But we have just moved into a much larger house with mostly all hardwood floors, and 2 young children, and it’s just become two much of a pain. I need to clean up mess on a daily basis. We umed and ahhed about whether to spend money on a cordless vacuum. We decided to just get a cheap one, but then started researching and realized that the cheap ones weren’t that reliable or that good. We found a fabulous deal on a Dyson V7, read mostly all good reviews on it, so went ahead and purchased it. And we LOVE it! It’s everything I had hoped it would be. So light and manoverable, can grab it off the wall, vacuum under the dinning table, and 60 seconds later everything is clean and the vacuum is back on the wall. So worth the money!!

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 14 helpful votes

Best vacuum cleaner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

The first time I used it I wasn't so impressed but that was because there weren't clear instructions for it's use. I used the high speed and so it cut out after about 5 or so minutes. I went onto the Dyson website and found out the problem and since then I have found it to be excellent, I'm amazed as to how much dirt it picks up so easily. My only suggestion is that Dyson could make the charge hold a bit longer, but I've overcome this by using it and then charging it up so it is always ready-to-go. I love not having a cord dragging behind me and that I easily empty the canister after each vacuum. I heartily recommend it for a small area such as a 2 bedroomed home. Normal pricing is $599, but we got it on a promo sale for $399

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi Online

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Has design function faults

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

At first l thought this machine was great, but it needs constant maintenance . And particles dirt dust and allergens get stuck in the roller and canister constantly . I use daily and spend more time cleaning out the machine than vacuuming . Mr Dyson sorry your machine has major flaws ialso because l am cleaning the machine up close and personal as that is the only way to do it, l would not be surprised if my current bronchitis has been caused by the breathing in of all the dust and allergens as l clean . Not good at all. Would be interested to know other users views on cleaning this machine . You

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

i was in Bunnings yesterday and the RYOBI have brought out a similar concept to Dyson with 6 years guarantee, far superior apparently, it looked good from what l saw demonstrated. I wish l had of bought that instead.

Blair athol sa

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Was perfect at some stage

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Was good for a while maybe 3 months now doesn't vacuum things up very well very disappointed and doesn't hold it's charge very long which now i have to use a second vaccum to go over what it doesnt pick up its not worth the ammount we paid for extremely not happy

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Brianna, Thank you for taking the time to review your V7 Animal. We are sorry to hear that you have started to experience issues with your machine. We would recommend to contact our helpline o... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Love my cordless Dyson

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

This cordless vacuum is better than any corded vacuum I have used and obviously the best part is not having to plug it in and pull around a big machine. Absolutely perfect when you have kids dropping food crumbs everywhere all the time. I dropped the handle and cracked a piece and they sent me a replacemt part in lne week - great service.

Purchased at: Dyson

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

I had a problem with the motorised head of the v7 and my hardwood floors. The dyson service people were brilliant and have sorted the problem out for me. They were quick, empathetic and professional.

So happy up stay with the dyson brand! For those of you who have had any issues contact dyson and by pass the retailer!

1 of 8 pages

Our dyson V7 animal is cutting in and out. Could this be a faulty trigger or something else?

Geoff asked on Nov 10, 2018

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your question.

Sorry to hear your machine is cutting in and out. If your machine is making a surging or pulsing sound this sound indicates a restriction in airflow through the machine. We would encourage checking the machine's airways as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpxRl17N03E

Should you find the issue persists, please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm.

Alternatively you can email your details through to auaskdyson@dyson.com and one of our experts will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.

Samuel
Facebook.com/Dyson

I go to charge my dyson 7 and it flashes blue until I put the charger back on then when I go use it the light flashes red an d don work.. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it very much!!!!!!!!!!!! The j you god bless!!

Brandi asked on Sep 06, 2018

Answer this

I don't know about the red light. It should always be a blue light. When it is fully charged it should show all three bars blue and when you use it the bars light keep moving down until it is needs charging again. When all three bars disappear put it on charger again.

Hi Brandi,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear your Dyson V7 is exhibiting a red flashing light. We would kindly ask for you to reach out to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Shan

With the battery time being so little and having a big house. Can i actually buy any extra battery and use it with the original battery.?

Magda H asked on Aug 27, 2018

Hi Magda,

Thank you for your query.

The battery on the Dyson V7 machine is screwed to the main body, and while it can be removed in the event it needs to be replaced, we don't recommend routinely swapping the batteries out. That being said, this machine will provide a 20-30 minute run time on the high power mode (and 6 minutes on MAX), and charges in just 3.5 hours so the machine can be used multiple times a day.

I hope this helps, however if we can assist further, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help.

Shan