Model: 637 Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Rubbish - Don't waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Was supposed to make life easier. Unit requires constant cleaning and manages to get caught up in everything. Bumps into furniture with force and leaves marks. Struggles to charge on base and constantly readjusts itself, cleaning all contacts doesn't make much difference. Generally stops for no reason or cannot find it's way back to base. You will spend more time every week trying to clean/make it work than it takes to vacuum with a normal vacuum. Have given up and thrown it out. Never again.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Comments
iRobot Official

Good Afternoon Mike Thank you for taking the time to review the Roomba 637. We are sorry to hear you were not happy with the product. We would very much like to talk with you further about this. If... read more »

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers

Verified Purchase Model: 637 Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Not perfect but exceeded expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Bought the 637 model as a Choice review said it was best for pet hair. Also as I had not used a robot vacuum for the house before I wanted to test an lower level model as they are not cheap.
Our house is open plan with many rooms on a lower level, concrete floors, middle eastern rugs (with tassles) and the Roomba 637 handles it all well. The amount of dust and pet hair it pick up is impressive and it also picks up cornflakes. It travels well between the rooms and 99% returns to the base which is tucked away in the study.
The virtual wall works well to stop it going onto sliding door tracks where it was getting stuck.

I would definitely buy this again but will probably now spend the money buy a smarter model that can map out the rooms.

Comments
iRobot Official

Hi Boyd
thank you for taking the time to review the Roomba 637. These are a fantastic device for getting in and round to clean up after indoor pets even cornflakes.

Model: 630 Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Absolutely love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I love this vacuum, I use it nearly every day. I love tipping out all the dirt it has picked up, very satisfying to see. It's dirt that would normally be on my floor, I used to vacuum weekly now it's every couple of days, with 4 kids makes my life so much easier, and the house is so much cleaner!

Purchased at: Myer

Comments
iRobot Official

Good Afternoon Paula
Thank you for reviewing the Roomba 630. These are a fantastic maintenance vacuum cleaner. Allowing you to use you standard vacuum least frequently.

Model: 690 Date Purchased: May 2016

This robotic vacuum is so funny to watch

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

We love watching this robot vac as it hits walls and goes back and just hits it again and again until it's not funny. The dust in the box is heaps so it must get the dirt out of the floor our stick vac can't do. It did cost a bit more than the Lower prices one but it's ok

Comments
iRobot Official

Good Morning Luke Swan
Thank you for reviewing the Roomba 690.

Model: 637 Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Had High Expectation but diappointed!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

We just purchased a Irobo Rooba 637 model and found it pretty useless on tiles. Its picks up dirt where it goes but it misses portions of the house to clean and the random manner it cleans means parts of the floor are left uncleaned. It been banging into out furniture and has chipped off our new furniture and the corners of the staircase balustrade as it tries to climb on top if it. When it was low on battery it didnt go back to its base to charge and died in one of the bedrooms. After charging I took the irobo to seprate parts of the house to clean the sections it had missed but it again went over areas it had gone before and missed the parts that it had earlier. I intend to ring Good Guys and ask for refund.

P.S: We are not new to Robo Vac. We used a Neato Robo Vac about 4 years ago in Singapore and it was excellent, went by in an orderly manner and picked up all dirt on the floor. The battery has obviously died as I didnt use it for so many years but still have it and now plan to source a battery for it as I am certain it will still do a better job despite being an old model.

Comments
iRobot Official

Good Morning Pooja
Thank you for taking the time to review the Roomba 637. We would very much like to discuss the above with you further. Are you able to contact us on 1300 727 421 with reference C0157270.

Coomba Bay

Model: 637 Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Excellent for the price point!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Keep his butt clean and its all good! He brings us treasures in his dust bin all the time. It's actually interesting to clean him out to see what he caught. The first few runs he was loaded with dust and pet hair. I mean so much hair I was thinking OMG where did that come from. After a week of running it slowed down. He is going places we cant reach with a regular vacuum and it's amazing.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Comments
iRobot Official

Good Morning NoahPr
Thank you for reviewing the Roomba 637. These are fantastic and you will defiantly find the more often you use it the less often you will have to "keep his butt clean" as you put it :).

Ballarat

• 4 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 630 Date Purchased: Feb 2016

This Is Not A Toy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

I bought this unit about two and a half years ago with low expectations. It looked like a kid's toy that maybe could pick up some crumbs. Well I was wrong. This thing picks up just about every thing on the surface of my carpets, leaving them looking like I've run a full sized vacuum over them. Of course it isn't powerful enough to suck the crud from deep down inside the carpets. For that I have a Vax which I reluctantly drag out every 6 months or so.
I can't see why you would need one of the expensive/complicated room mapping models when this one does the job just fine.
In the time I've had it, it hasn't let me down - not once (touch wood).
Can't wait to see what they come up with in the next few years.

Ps not for people who love manual vacuuming. Come to think of it, I've never actually met one of those.

Purchased at: Myer

Comments
iRobot Official

HI Raw
Thank you for reviewing the Roomba 630.

Sulky

Model: 690 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

I don’t know how I lived without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

I wanted a Roomba because I wanted to free up some of the time I spend cleaning, with a wood fire, two cats and a dog that spend a lot of time inside I had found myself Vacuuming and sweeping every day. I was a little sceptical but went ahead with the purchase anyway and I am so glad I did, this is my second favourite appliance second only to my dishwasher. I have it automatically set to go off every day while I am at work and I couldn’t be happier with the results. I don’t need to sweep/vacuum at all and I have so much more time to relax. We have vinyl plank flooring and carpet and it works well on both.

Comments
iRobot Official

Hi Taya
Thank you for reviewing the iRobot Roomba 690. It is awesome that we now have a 600 series Roomba that you can set and forget, only to be reminded when you get home, because you have clean floors.

Adelaide

• 1 question
  • 7 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: 630 Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Great model

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

I bought a robot vacuum when they came out and it failed. With long hair and pets it got stuck on my hair missed corners etc. A friend bought this and said it was great. Despite cyniscim I asked at in jb hiFi about it. While more expensive models claimed to suck up more stuff the employee recommended the roombs range saying every brush was removable for cleaning and replacement at home. It does make noise like a vacuum so I turn it on when I go out. If it gets stuck on a cord etc it stops and I detangle and put it back on the charger. A review said this was annoying but I found it useful to know what it got stuck on. The best part was being able to take all the brushes out for cleaning. It's surprising how often you don't realise there's jam or a ribbon or something on the floor and it runs through it. Does corners well. I used to vacuum once a week and touch up the m a in wal kjways each day. Now i just vacuum once a week

Comments
iRobot Official

Good Afternoon Thank you for reviewing the iRobot Roomba 630. I too have long hair and was cynical about having this working in my home. But as long as the Flexible Roller and Roller and Side brus... read more »

Yep really happy with it :)

Albury

• 5 helpful votes

Model: 637 Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Not too bad - still need to vacuum properly once in a while

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Every surface it passes over gets cleaned very well.
However, this model has no actual built-in navigation or anything - it just travels randomly based on collisions with furniture. Which is fine, but it can get itself stuck inside the four legs of a chair for like 20 minutes. Which would be funny, except it's so noisy.
If you're going to spend more than $500 on a vacuum cleaner anyway, then get the more expensive models, in my opinion.

Scares the crap out of the dog, too

Comments
iRobot Official

HI dreamwalker02 Thank you for reviewing the Roomba 637. You are correct in advising the navigation on this model is different from the top of the range Roomba 980, that takes are snap short of the... read more »

Model: 637 Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Just a gimmick

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

We bought this hoping we wouldn't have to do as much vacuuming but we still have to do it manually and it takes time having to put it on charge and clean it out almost after every use. It dose a poor job on our floors and charge time is shocking

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
iRobot Official

Good Morning Penny
We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your purchase of the Roomba 637.
If you would like, please contactt us on 1300 727 421 and we will see if we can help you get more from your Roomba.

Model: 690 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

This does exactly what i need. Put it on every morning when leaving for work on our floorboards and I come home to no mess. Pet hair gone! Noise level is comparable to a hairdryer, so we only use it when we are out. Doesn't replace a major vacuum and mop but is lovely to come home to a house with clean floors. Surprised how much dirt and hair it picks up. No problem going from floorboards to rugs, floorboards to carpet areas. Happy with my purchase - helps make me feel like I have a clean house! Have gone from stick vacuuming eating areas daily, and a big vacuum and mop every week - to every few weeks. Thumbs up!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
iRobot Official

That's awesome violetandolive, these are a fantastic maintenance vacuum, saving everyone form having to bring out their larger vacuums on a regular bases.
Kinds regards iRobot

Model: 637 Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Surprised how much dirt it picked up

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

We bought this to run around the house for the cat to chase but on the first run we opened up the Catcher and wow the amount of dirt sitting in there was shocking as we had also just vacuumed. We have a baby on the way so we probably won't run it for a while till she's at least 2-4 and won't hurt her as it moves fast

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Comments
iRobot Official

HI Deanos Daman Thank you for your review of the Roomba 637. When you decide to stop using your Roomba I recommend removing the battery and storing the separately. This will save the battery and yo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Model: 630 Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great machine, for the first month.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

Cleaning wise it does a great job, however we rarely run it now as it never charges. When it returns to base station, it constantly adjusts its self because it can’t charge. This can go on for 20 minutes if we don’t intervene. Also the charging indicators are overly complicated so we have to resort to looking at the app to work out if it’s charging. The online help pages give you 5 different potential light sequences which is just a mess to try and understand. We have to intervene every time and place a bag underneath the back of it to tilt the front forward so it charges.

If we place it on manually (without the bag or returning on its own), it can take 20 minutes of making tiny adjustments to its seating position on the terminals to get it to charge.

We go through the maintenance schedule each time of cleaning the contacts but it doesn’t help. I would be a happy customer if it charged. Fatal design flaw.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
iRobot Official

Good Afternoon Adam
We are sorry to hear the charging issue you are having with your Roomba 630. So we can try to help you further with troubleshooting, can you please contact our office on 1300 727 421 with reference C0154513.
Kind regards iRobot

I just want a refund. Still within warranty.

Good Morning Adam
We are sorry to hear that. As the unit was purchased from The Good Guys, any discussion of refund will need to be with them as they are the point of sale.

BERRY

• 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 637 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Another great machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

After our previous Roomba 630 'died' after nearly 5 years, we bought another from Harvey Norman Nowra. The new roomba 637, although we have only had it for about a month, it has been superb and we like this machine also. Very good on carpet and slate floors. We can thoroughly recommend the 'Roomba 637' to all.
Don Thompson.

Comments
iRobot Official

Hi Don
We are happy to hear you new Roomba is doing as great a job as your previous model.

Perth

• 1 answer

Model: 630 Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Exceeded Our Expectations.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

This is the first and only robo sweeper we have purchased about 2.5 years ago. We were a bit weary about the life span so we purchased an extended replacement warranty from the seller also. Haven't needed the warranty as it is still going strong, hardy build and does a good job. We use for tiles only.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
iRobot Official

Good Afternoon Derk
That is fantastic to hear. You should try it on carpet, you will be amazed.

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 637 Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great lil' guy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

I wouldn't want to run this lil' guy when I'm home due to the noise, but it's great to get the vacuuming done while I'm out and about. Does an excellent job on the carpets, sometimes it'll miss some things on tiles, but I usually just run it pretty frequently anyway.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
iRobot Official

Good Afternoon Tara
Thank you for reviewing the new Roomba R637. These are a great little device for cleaning the home. Even better that we can use them whilst we are out, saving us from the noise of vacuuming.

• 4 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 14 answers
  • 35 helpful votes

Model: 637 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Perfect for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

I have just upgraded to the R637 from the R570 model I had for 6 years. It bit the dust last week and too expensive to have cleaning head replaced. I found Retravision had a VIP sale and bought it for $424.00
Charged him up. Then off he took, I did the whole top of the house. It collected an amazing amount of debris. Yet I had only vacuumed a few days before. This really beats as it sweeps as it cleans. It is much quieter than the older model. And gentler too as it approaches furniture, it slows right down , the 570 used to hit hard.
It glides beautifully from polished wooden floors to thick wool rugs with ease.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this model to anyone. you really dont need the dearer one to do a great job. Fantastic on pet hair too.
I clean the bin and rollers and tap the filter to remove that fine silty dust after every use, takes a minute.
I wouldnt be without my Reggie.

Comments
iRobot Official

HI Gilly44
We are happy to hear upgrading your previous Roomba 570 to Reggie has been such a good move.

If you any future questions, do not hesitate to contact us directly at service@ixl.com.au.

Cairns

• 1 helpful vote

Model: 637 Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great for reducing housework

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

This vacuum does a great job of picking up dog hair on polished wooden floors but it can scratch floors. I recently had a small rock is lodged in the unit and this resulted in many shallow scratches as I was at work when it was running and didn’t see the damage until I got home. The sensor works well and it docks itself perfectly if the recharging unit is stuck to the ground well - otherwise it just pushes the charging station around the floor.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
iRobot Official

Good Afternoon Trud
iRobot are great for general cleaning of floors and we are sadden to hear that the pebble has lodged within the Roomba and subsequently marked your floor.

Melbourne

Model: 630 Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Lasted >4 years

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

Battery life less now but can clean a whole room with one charge

Initially could do an hour or so, now perhaps 30mins
We've had it for 4 years now

Was handy for living in apartment and small spaces
But could usually clean a few rooms at a time with initially battery life.
Reasonable suction, good for hair
Not always predictable what's covered and not (especially on carpet).

Comments
iRobot Official

Good Afternoon Ali
It is awesome to hear you are still getting approx 30 mins from your 4 year old Roomba.

1 of 9 pages