Review rating:

NSW

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Short circuited the power in my house!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

After reading many reviews and not wanting to pay the price of a Vitamix I also opted for this blender. Whilst I wouldn't say it is quiet it is some what less noisy then other blenders I've had. It worked well for about 3 weeks until it short circuited my house and the power had to be reset at the electricity box. After that the blender would no longer work, I couldn't even get it to switch on. I'd like to think this was a random faulty unit but after reading the review of another person here from April I don't think so. Least to say I am disap pointed because I've only had the blender for three weeks and when I placed a ticket inquiry through warranty, I was told to allow the blender to rest off power over night to see if it works again. This was incredibly frustrating because by that point in time it had already been 24hours. It took two to three days of back and forth communication before I was told I to send the blender back but that if it wasn't properly packaged and damaged in shipment it would be my liability and also if not cleaned properly there would be a $30 cleaning fee. I don't know how you can be liable for a blender that's already faulty! No one expects a product to break 3 weeks after purchasing it brand new. I think it's poor service to then turn the tables on the customer in terms liability for re-shipment and to return it to them to 'have a look at it for you.' I would have also thought an immediate replacement would have covered it, especially because the product became faulty within their 30 day money back guarantee. I'm very unhappy with the service at this point and the quality of the product. My old thirty dollar blender worked for years without being faulty, why pay $700 for something that doesn't work for more then three weeks. I was also upgraded from an order of the G2.1 as they didn't have any in stock.

Purchased at: Froothie

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hi Jackie! I am glad to hear the Optimum G2.3 worked well however very surprised and apologetic about the fault you experienced and the service received thereafter As per our terms and conditions,... read more »

Thank you Francois, I'd like to add Francois rang me personally to attempt to rectify the issue. I was offered a full refund for the product which I opted for. I had to purchase a blender from a di... read more »

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Love my G2.3 blender!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I use it for everything from soups, smoothies, juices, nut butters to nut milk. Quiet and creates great products. Couldn't be happier with it!!

Quiet and Efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I originally purchased the G2.1 and though the results were good however the noise level was fairly extreme. Shortly after the purchase Froothie offered a discount on the G2.3. They made me an offer to do a switch and I accepted. The power, lack of noise and even the weight of the G2.3 is tremendous. I guess brushless electric motors for blenders is the way of the future. I use it quite regularly and the blender has stepped up on every occasion. If you catch it on sale buy it as it's well worth it.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Thrilled!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I use my blender at least once a day and couldn't be happier! I was offered an upgraded from the Optimum 9400 to the Optimum G2.3 blender for an extra $99 and after talking with a sales person from Froothie decided to go for it. The blender fits nicely on my bench top without taking up too much space in my little kitchen and looks cool! I use it to make my almond milk daily and the result is beautiful creamy milk. My smoothies are a perfect consistency, blending up nuts, seeds, frozen fruit and greens perfectly. I have made delicious coconut ic e cream with frozen bananas and used it to chop up nuts and seeds for my muesli. The machine is quieter than most which is great as I have a very anxious dog who freaks out with loud noises, although he does leave the room when it's in operation. All in all I am thrilled I purchased the Optimum from Froothie who's customer service is excellent in my view, and thrilled I made the upgrade at the reduced price!

The silent ninja

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Very impressed with my blender. Juices and smoothies are a dream to make. Now I am off to try som nut butters. Happy blending!!

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Fantastic Blender and excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this blender. Couldn't be happier. Great functionality, powerful and so quiet compared to other blenders. Handles everything you throw at it with ease. Best customer service I've ever received. Highly recommended.

MELBOURNE

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Trips the power......

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2017

As with other reviewers, after much deliberating and tossing up between an Optimum and a Vitamix, the big money difference, and the many great reviews online, swayed me towards the Optimum. I originally purchased the 2.1, but was offered an upgrade to the 2.3 as none were in stock. Too good to be true? (I now think so). I liked the look of the 2.3, maybe not as "sleek" as the 2.1, but still really nice. Also liked how much quieter is was than any other high powered blender I have heard before. Unfortunately, it has been nothing but a disaster , with my power tripping nearly every time the jug is either put on, or taken off, the base. When it works, it is fine, have made good smoothies, ice creams, hummus and soup, as long as I remember to turn it off at power point before touching the jug (I have many other high energy appliances, and never had this problem before). Better than a Vitamix I'm not too sure...
I contacted customer support straight away, and have asked for it to be returned for my original 2.1, which I am now being told is still a few weeks away (maybe longer). I was also told my 2.3 would be inspected/repaired and a new one given if it was deemed to have a major fault, which I found a bit annoying as I had already deemed it a major fault straight out of the box, surely an immediate brand new replacement is the only acceptable response??
I am considering just asking for a refund, and getting a much more expensive Vitamix. (which I do feel is largely overpriced, but maybe you DO get what you pay for?)
On the whole, a really disappointing experience for a still none too cheap item

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Dear Nicky, My name is Francois and I am the General Manager at Froothie Australia. I am very sorry to hear that the blender is tripping the fuses in your house. This is most unusual and very inc... read more »

As requested, I have emailed you, thanks

After being contacted by Francois @ Smoothie, I give him all credit for going above and beyond in trying to resolve my issue, which I do appreciate, and restores my faith in Customer Service. Unfo... read more »

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

I couldn't be happier with the service and delivery from Froothie. My bender arrived in record time. The Optimum G2. 3 is an amazing machine. Sleek looking, quiet, and has done all the jobs I've thrown at it so far with ease.

• 4 answers

so far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Have only used a few times but works well. Very quite

Sydney

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

A Solid, Classy and Professional Blender

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2016

We upgraded from the Optimum 9400 to the Optimum G2.3 blender several months ago and couldn't be more satisfied. This is a very solid machine. It is relatively quieter but still very powerful. No more buttons to get dirty - this machine uses a touch screen display which is very easy to use. We use it daily for blending up mainly green smoothies. There are NEVER any lumps. It pulverises everything - no matter what. Highly recommended. The support team from Froothie are very helpful and supportive and obviously care about their product and brand name. Well done team.

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

A pro unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2016

We had the THE OPTIMUM 9200A (2ND GEN) and upgraded to the new G2.3. The price difference is large. One of the best features for us is that the new unit is much quieter. At least 40% in my opinion. You also get a small second jug which is great as often you are only blending small items. Ie nuts which we do a lot of. This is a top end professional unit, so it is expensive to buy, but you do get a five year warranty and lifetime on the motor which is amazing really. Is it worth the upgrade price? Only if you can afford it as the 9200A was a grea t unit also.So we have not had this unit long but it is really very nice. If you cook a lot and use your blender a lot I would suggest a great long term buy. If you only use your blender once a week i think the 9200A is the choice. The unit is easy wipe clean which is important also, as long term some units with big buttons gets sludge and gunk on them and this is just wipe clean. This is also a deciding factor for us with the blender and makes it a professional blender.

HI, anyone help me please? Is Optimum G2.3 a lot better than 9200A? by looking at the 9200A (2,238 W) is much more power than G2.3(1800W) which should I get? Thanks Tracey

tracey asked on Jul 11, 2017

Hi Nicholas, Took down my review as the company are doing the right thing and replacing the 2.3 for a 2.1. Just wondered if you have tried nut butter in your 2.1 and did it work. Also how is the 2.1 in comparison to the 2.3 in regards to seeds in smoothys ? I also ended up with large seeds in smoothys from the 2.3 Thanks

tiggy234 asked on Feb 12, 2017

Answer this

Hi Tiggy,

That is fair enough. I have not yet made the nut butter. In regards to juices and smoothies I excellent so far. It still struggled with the protein balls - it did mix however - but the motor did start to burn. The g2.3 did not do anything and switched itself off.
Over all happy with the G2.1.

Hi Nicholas, got my G2.1 today and made a smoothy same ingredients I used with the G2.3 but far superior results. Will have to try nut butter but like you very happy with the G2.1.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback :) We are happy to see that you are satisfied with the G2.1.

Regarding the nut butter, you can check out our online video where we make some nut butter in the G2.1:

You can also find some useful tips under our FAQ section - including the order of ingredients under "My blender won't start - what should I do?":

Nicholas can also share his feedback once he has tried his own nut butter.

We hope this helps :)

Hello, Can you please tell me the actual HP for the G2.3? I am still waiting. I was told the G2.3 has more torque. Can you please also provide me the actual torque for the G2.3 vs G2.1 and the Optimum 9400.

Nicholas asked on Jan 18, 2017

Answer this

I went to the optimum websitr and they had a vomparrison between the various types

Hi Bev,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes you are right. They do have comparisons. However they do not say what the Horse power for the G2.3 is. Please tell me where on the website can find this. They also say the G2.3 has more torque than the others. So what is the torque difference between the G2.3 and the other blenders. Again this can not be found on the website and no one from the company is answering these questions. It is retailed as a $2,000 blender yet they cannot answer simple questions.
On top of that - they told me 3HP over the phone, and 3.8HP to another customer.
Please read the questions and answers above. No one from the company is answering this question which does not seem right.

Sorry Nicholas - no idea. Ask Froothie.

See all 4 questions about Optimum G2.3 Platinum Series