Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Great at first...Downhill from there

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I've experienced very similar experience that Mike and Liam shared.

At the start I was in love with the blender with its ability to make epic smoothies without any chunks, and really enjoyed the capacity of the super sized jug. Things went downhill from there though.

I started seeing a weird brown/black powder then liquid/oil coming from the base despite effective cleaning etc and got in touch with customer service. They said I hadn't been using it properly and that I was cleaning it wrong.

After applying what they said the problem was still at large and I was being told the same thing again and again. I also tried tightening the screws and a range of other things and nothing worked. The base started to smell, and it got to the stage where there was bearing bits breaking off into my smoothies.

I was using my blender 4-6 times a week for basic smoothies and this crap was happening within a couple of months of purchase. Can't imagine how the motor would go for actually making nut butters etc like its supposed to be able to do effectively. I can't put the blender on a fast speed anymore as it shakes and rattles as if i were trying to blitz rocks.

Recently got in touch with CS again and they said the same things, that I was void of warranty even though I bought in march. I decided to just chuck the whole unit and find an alternative elsewhere like a sunbeam as this was the brand i previously had which lasted me years.

I wanted to really like this brand and blender but alas this is my honest review and experience.

Hope that spectablend take this feedback onboard and improve their base as I've seen more people going through similar experience. If you're only using your blender once in a blue moon you may be fine.

Date Purchased: Feb 2014

Terrible product. Exceptionally bad customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

Initially had the base leak an oily metallic smelling substance and got blamed by customer service for improper use when I only had used it for smoothies. Got a replacement which before long could not handle blending a basic smoothie on a low setting and the metal blades broke. I had drank some of it before I found small pieces of metal in my smoothie and discovered what had happened - luckily I was not harmed by consuming the metal. A replacement jug was provided but again I was blamed by customer 'service' for putting something inappropriate in the blender (ice, pitted dates and bananas is pretty standard smoothie).
I still have my unit but only use it on the lowest setting because of the noise and vibrations which make it clear something will fall apart if I were to increase the speed.
Would definitely not buy again, and discourage anyone else from considering the brand.

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2016

Piece of rubbish, 3 jugs in 12 months bearings leaking, only used 5 times a week and these are supposed to be used in cafes!! Yeah right, absolute crock! Crooks, I also look after it well as I'm a tradesman and know how to look after my tools like my kitchen appliances.

Perth, WA

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
Private message

Do Yourself A Favour And Do Not Buy This Blender.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2015

Absolute worst purchase I have ever made. First jug started leaking from bearing after just 4 months use, so a new one was sent out free of charge. 3 months later, the new jug started leaking as well. Replacement offered but only if the faulty jug was sent back at my own expense. I refused. Now, the blender does not work at all. I will have to pay $99 plus postage to send the entire unit back. Looking at well over $150. I am confused at their inconsistency in jug replacement and I'm sure they just make up their warranty process as they go, making it to suit them.
What a complete waste of money.

Not happy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2015

Got this blender just over a year ago and straight away was not entirely happy. I really wanted to make nut butters but even after a good 10 minutes blending I never got anything paste like. It all just gets caught under the blades and doesn't move.
Is good for smoothies as it totally liquifies.
Last couple of days we noticed a smokey taste to our smoothies and last night my husband ended up with little bits of hard black plastic in his. Solucky we usually give some to my 3 year old but didn't this time. He sieved the smoothie and there was a handful of these little bits of plastic. I can only assume they came from under the blades inside the jug?

Very disappointing.

Great value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2015

For the regular consumer the competition in the same class as the Spectablend is massively overpriced. In no way is the product any superior to this. Blends well and is very powerful. Will satisfy every consumer without any issue.
I didn't give it 5 stars because i think every product can improve and should have room to, it certainly goes close though.
Happy Blending

My best purchase decision ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2015

I use it to do my smoothies everyday. It has become part of my routine for over a year now :)
I had tried to make peanut butter and yummy chili sauce for my chicken rice too. I am still having fun trying to create something new using Spectablend. If you are looking for a good quality and reasonably priced blender, i will highly recommend this blender to you.

Excellent Product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2015

Love this blender so much! For a person who doesn't eat fruit much, blend it and drink it makes it all so easy!
I own a red one and working excellent for almost 2 years now. No fuss at all!
Big compliment that the customer service is excellent, love their Instagram which shares all good recipes!
Blending for 2 years and is still going well!
Love it!

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Leaking jug from the bearing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2015

Loved it at first then the blade broke great customer service very helpful they sent me a replacement jug which didn't have any blades, again the service was good & I got a replacement jug. After approximately 6 months the jug started to leak from the bearing creating a black sludge around the base customer service was good & sent me a replacement jug. Here I am 6 months ish later & the jug is leaking from the bearing again contacted customer service & was told my jug is now out of warranty but I could purchase a other jug for $99 plus postage. No Thanks I have lost faith in the spectablend & it's leaking jug, I'd be forever replacing the jug as it seems this is a very common problem with this blender. Surely it's s manufacturing defect & should be covered regardless if it's out of warranty. The customer service was good but $400 for a blender to have a constant leaking bearing problem which you have to replace 2 a year & have the inconvenience of not having your blender for a week until the replacement arrives.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Spectablend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2015

This product does not live up to exception, 3 replacement jugs in just over 12 months. First time broken blade after bout 6 months, got replacement 3 weeks later burst bearing then after bout 3-4 months burst bearing again, want a complete refund but director would only replace jug at my cost. Of $49 plus postage

Melbourne

Extremely poor quality jugs, 3 cracked and leaking within 12 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2015

Had this machine for 1 year and use it mainly for smoothies. After a few months, the jars crack and leak due to the impact of ice and frozen fruits getting slammed against the container walls. All cracks are in the direction of rotation, so it's evident that this a material issue. The unit itself is ok, but nowhere near as powerful as a Vitamix. Never tried soup as I frankly don't trust the machine based on the issues I had with the jars alone. I'm actually throwing my unit out now that the warranty is up and am getting a proper blender. During warranty had the jugs replaced, everytime with hassle. The owner gave a condescending lecture that this is not possible and he's never experienced this before etc, it always seems fishy to me when someone straightaway denies anything is wrong with a product and tries to avoid warranty rather then being genuinely surprised and interested in understanding what has occurred. During the next replacement they supposedly never received the broken jar until we produced tracking number and evidence of delivery - and surprise - they then found it. I'm all supportive of start ups and small businesses but this is a major rip off and reading most of those reviews on here they don't seem genuine (all 1 review and standard pictures). Save yourself some frustration and avoid the Spectablend!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Spectablend BL-001 Official

Dear Doris, Thank you for your feedback. We’re constantly improving our products and service. We will address each issue you have addressed here. We are glad that you think that the unit mo... read more »

*Regards

Great product, AMAZING service!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2015

I have had my Spectablend for about a year...using almost daily (more than once usually), and love it. Recently I had a problem with the blade and the service could not have been better....replaced readily and so helpful.
AMAZING service and great product.
THANK YOU!!!

Comments
Spectablend BL-001 Official

Thank you Louise, your support is much appreciated! Happy blending!

Good blender

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2015

I have had my blender for approximately a year and have made soups, dips and mainly smoothies with it. It's a fantastic blender but it started leaking from the bottom of the jug. My partner tightened the nut inside the jug on top of the rotary blade and then by hand tightened the threaded sealing unit in the underside of jug, this comes loose and by doing so tightens the gasket seal inbetween the components. If anyone else is having the same issue it's easily fixed so now I'm back into making my healthy smoothies. It's quick, easy to clean and easy to use. I'm overall happy with it.

Comments
Spectablend BL-001 Official

Hi Mandy, thanks for your positive review although we highly recommend for you to contact us if you need to tighten your jar as we have appropriate tools instead of using your hand. Please be caref... read more »

Very happy customers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2014

We bought our Spectablend twelve months ago.It has exceeded our expectations.We had been using a juicer but felt we were throwing out a lot of the benefits of the fruit and vegetables with the pulp. The Spectablend makes healthy juices that retain all the fibre.We can also include nuts and seeds in our juice mix.The Spectablend blitzes the lot.We have also used the machine to make nut butters, smoothies, frappes and slushies.We have five kids so the Spectablend has taken a pounding but is working just as well as the day it was delivered.We have had to contact the company (to replace a part we lost),and found the representative friendly and helpful in the extreme.Our only disappointment was that the Spectablend didn't come with a more comprehensive instruction/recipe book to get us started.

Comments
Spectablend BL-001 Official

Thank you for your lovely review, we're so happy to have satisfied customers like you. We look forward to you sharing your recipes via social media, please let us know if you have photos of your lovely recipes online.

Great service and warranty

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2014

After about 1 year of daily use, the bearings on the blade came a little loose. I called Spectablend immediately and the bearings and blades were replaced the very next day in a timely fashion. I was very pleased with the customer service on the phone and in person and would highly recommenced the spectablend if you are looking for a daily blender with excellent parts warranty.

Comments
Spectablend BL-001 Official

Thank you for your review, we're happy when our customers are happy!

Blends the day away!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2014

We use this blender to disintegrate pretty much anything that goes into it. I'm drinking Kale (go figure) and it doesn't taste too bad broken up into microscopic components, add a few other ingredients and you're in smoothie heaven. Making Kale Chips spreads and blending macadamia nuts and dates into a paste is also a favorite.

Forget Vitamix, you can get 2 of these for the same price with only half the customer service!

Keep blending SpectaBlenders everywhere!!

Comments
Spectablend BL-001 Official

Versatile machine, easy to use and durable!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2014

I've owned a Red Spectablend for 4 months and after using it 5-6 times a week I'm convinced that this is the best value blender going around. After using cheaper blenders from places BigW and Kmart, i finally made the jump to a higher grade blender and have not regretted my decision.
I mainly use the blender for breakfast smoothies and blend everything from oats, kale, pineapple, chia seeds, bananas, apples, ice and basically anything that fits. I've also tried making almond butter and curry paste and they both turned out great.
I've found little signs of use and the hard plastic jug has been super durable even after dropping it a few times on my tile floor.
The team at Spectablend were also professional and quick to answer all my queries before purchasing and I highly recommend this blender to anyone who is looking for a no frills high powered blender!

Comments
Spectablend BL-001 Official

Thank you for your lovely review, we're so happy to have satisfied customers like you. Looking forward to see your smoothie blends online, do share them with us! Cheers.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Jug lasted 10 months and started leaking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2014

Had my Blender just over a year now. 2 months ago the Jug started leaking at the base thru the blade and bearing area. We use this blender at home about 3 times per week max. So not much work at all for a blender of this price. Have emailed specta blend about replacing the jug under warranty and they claim they don't have my details in their system and they don't bother replying to my emails any more. These components should last longer.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Spectablend BL-001 Official

Hi there, we reply to every e-mail and Facebook message we receive, including this one here. Could you kindly re-send your email to us at info@spectablend.com? We are very prompt on customer servic... read more »

Spectablend BL-001 Official

Please e-mail us with your first name and last name / e-mail address / order number for warranty for authenticity of this review. Thank you.

Thankyou for getting back via email. Its unfortunate that I will have to look at purchasing a new jug. I ordered the blender on 23 sept 2013, it took about 7 days to arrive so received end of Sept... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 answers

Great blender!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2014

I've had my Spectablend for a year now and am very happy with it. My son uses it to blend his fruity milk shakes all the time. I use it for my dips, sauces and smoothies. It did a great job at 'grinding' my toasted peppercorns into very fine pepper. Recently I use my Spectablend to grind my oven-dried ginger slices into ginger powder and it did a fantastic job! I must say that there's no regret into getting the Spectablend!

+ Reliable and inexpensive.

Comments
Spectablend BL-001 Official

Amazing product - amazing customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2014

I've had my Spectablend for about a year now, and it has been absolutely fantastic. We easily use it 2-3 times a day to blend up big smoothies. I also find it great for making dips and sauces, like super smooth Hummus which my previous blenders weren't able to do.

A couple of weeks ago, the jug started to leak out the bottom (fair enough after serious use for about a year!). I contacted the Spectablend team and let them know about the problem - they got back to me really fast and told me that new blade parts were in the post! They even left a message on the box to tell the post man to leave it at the front door. I am blown away by their amazing customer service and my blender continues to impress me after a year long relationship.

I wouldn't buy anything else. The cheaper blenders don't have the grunt and the more expensive blenders are just a waste of money. Thanks Spectablend team - you're amazing.

+ So reliable, really powerful, great customer service!

Comments
Spectablend BL-001 Official

Thank you for your review, we're happy when our customers are happy!

1 of 2 pages

I would like something that will replace my juicer and retain the fiber but I am worried that it won't be able to handle my carrot juices? Am I correct in thinking this? Also, when making soup does it heat the soup or just purée it for heating? If so, are there options to keep my juices cold and my soups hot? Thanks :)

samantha.todd.374 asked on Mar 26, 2015

Hi Samantha,

The Spectablend would be able to handle your carrot juices. It will pulverize and blend everything well until smooth whilst retaining its fibre. However, you would need to add water or milk to liquify your drink. If you don't overblend, your blender won't heat your ingredients. Also, having frozen or cold fruits would help retain the cold.

For soups, there are two options: grill / cook vegies then blend, OR blend ingredients and bring to boil in pot. If you're a raw foodist, you'd be happy to know that the Spectablend blends up to 30 degrees celcius in heat whilst still retaining its fibre and still warm. Because it's friction-based, the longer you blend, the hotter the machine and ingredients get. Think of rubbing your palms together for a minute.

Hope this answers your questions. Otherwise please hop over to our website at www.spectablend.com.au for further information or contact us via email at info@spectablend.com.au.

Regards,
Spectablend Team

My Jug started leaking after 10 months and has rusted the bearing out. This blender only gets used about 3 times per week. Should these components should last longer then this? The answerer should be yes but unfortunately it is not with my blender.

007bud007 asked on Oct 17, 2014

Answer this

I am sorry to hear about your blender. Maybe you should contact the agent you purchased the blender from. I have been using my blender for more than a year and I have no complaints about it. I am using the blender to make smoothies, grinding peppercorns into finely ground pepper, soup and lately I iused it to grind my spices for curries. The only downside is the smell of spices still lingered in the jug despite washing it with lemon juice, vinegar and baking soda.

Yes they should. It's crap quality (([name removed]) sells the same model for 99 AUD). We threw ours out and bought a Vitamix - unbelievable difference!

I am having the same problem. My jug has already been replaced once.

Why does the contents of the spectablend heat up? Everything I make in it starts out cold and by the end of blending is very warm.

Kylie asked on Jan 17, 2014

Answer this

How far do you put the dial up? I only use the first couple of settings and the contents stays cool once it is mixed. In fact I have to be patient and wait a while before my soups heat up.

Spectablend's blades are friction-based so the longer it rotates its blades, content in your blender start to heat up. If this happens to you, you may want to consider what you're blending and not over-blend. Spectablend is 1500W and 35,000RPM. It is a very strong and powerful motor. Try rubbing your palms together for 1 minute and that is the same thing with the blender, it gets warm. There are some tips to prevent this: If you're making smoothie, use frozen ingredients. If you're blending nut butters, it shouldn't be a problem but maybe take breaks in between. You may also add liquid (milk or water) to ensure ingredients can be blended quickly and more efficient so you won't have to blend for a long time.

See all 5 questions about Spectablend BL-001