The Tefal Cook4Me has been replaced by the newer Tefal Cook4Me+ model.

Model: CY7018 (Black) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great Pressure Cooker

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

It’s a good pressure cooker with built in recipes, but I would hardly call it a multi cooker. It’s great for all in one bowl means and does a good job as a faster slow cooker, with similar results. The slow cook function is pretty average and hard to use. The manual says you can slow cook with the lid down, but the appliance itself won’t let you.

Model: CY7018 (Black) Date Purchased: Jan 2016

More than happy with this excellent pressure cooker...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

I purchased this pressure cooker and I more than happy. Quick and excellent food cooker, in fact I am looking to purchase another one. I have made chicken soup, casseroles, spaghetti bolognaise and stir fries with ease and it cooks in a matter of minutes. The bread and butter pudding recipe is the only one I am happy with in the recipe book but I mainly use my own recipes. Would highly recommend this pressure for ease and quickness and well cooked food.
Unhappy people need to experiment to get the good results.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 8 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Model: CY7011 (White) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Typical Stuff up by Tefal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I bought this because I thought it might be good but anything but. I used to cook lamb curry in a Tefal pressure cooker and in 15 minutes it was so soft it melted in your mouth but this pressure cooker doesn’t do that. It’s just bells and whistles and fancy menus for everything I don’t eat. The pressure cooker cooks far longer and meat doesn’t turn out really soft like it used to in my old pressure cooker in only 15 minutes. So us this a real pressure cooker I ask? Is this a bona fide pressure cooker?

I want to cook a cake mix but there’s no setting for it and any other settings I choose say there is not enough liquid in the bowl. And you ring up Tefal and the guy doesn’t have any idea about the product. He didn’t even seem to understand English well so where do I get support for this overpriced, overhyped junk that cost me a small fortune and doesn’t cook for me what I want. Tefal typically release a product, hype it up and then abandon its customers.

with support so bad next time I’ll go with another brand that values it’s customers because Tefal don’t.

Purchased at: Amazon

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Model: CY7015 (Red) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

The results blew my mind!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

For the last five years or so...working long hours and being time poor destroyed all my desire and motivation to cook healthy meals. We have survived on snacky type foods for dinner, such as toasted sandwiches, bacon and eggs, crackers with avocado and baked beans...to name a few. In comes the Tefal Cook 4 Me plus, recommended by my daughter. Well...OMG...butter me on both sides!...

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

SYDNEY

• 1 comment
  • 18 answers

Model: CY7015 (Red) Date Purchased: Jul 2018

I love this Product although I did have issues but I sorted it out see below (Error Code 21) how to

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

My first Cook4Me worked wonders but after 2 weeks it started displaying error Code 21 (not enough water) I was being left with uncooked meals. Took it back and it was replaced. New one did the same thing after 1 week. I finally had a thought, this happened as soon as I took the inside top out to clean and I was tightening the screw really tight. As soon as I loosened the screw off, it started cooking perfectly and I have been using it continuously without any hiccups ever since. It is amazing and I love the Recipes. I have found some errors in some recipes though but I would not be without this cooker now. Its Brilliant.

Purchased at: Joyce Mayne

Comments

Well I recently left a comment on here regarding my Tefal Cook4Me. I bought one and after 2 weeks it kept showing Error Code 21 not enough water although I followed the recipe. This happened as soo... read more »

• 4 helpful votes

Model: CY7018 (Black) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Good for Pressure Cooking, But Presets Don't Do Much

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

Benefits:
1. Easy to use and understand
2. Browning function terrific
3. Easy to clean
4. Love the big handles
5. Once figure out the time, most food comes out beautifully
6. Delayed start function is great

Downside:
1. "Recipes" come out watery and aren't much use for me
2. No app available in AU
3. No Slow Cooker function!?
4. No conversion from slowcook/high pressure cook to this particular pressure cook, so now most of my recipes I am having to test again

Overall I wouldn't buy this. It's not that "smart" of an appliance, even though it's got potential. I'd stick to an easier to use traditional pressure cooker. I did not love it as much as I thought I would

Brisbane

Verified Purchase Model: CY7015 (Red) Date Purchased: May 2017

Leaks water when using pressure cooking function

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

At first it was great, but after using it for a few months, it started to leak out water from the steam nozzle on top when pressure mode is used. I always made sure water level was way below the max line. It happened even when I cooked 1 serve of risotto which required very little water wayyyy below the max line. I am very disappointed with this product. I also have the older model which I think is called minute cool pressure cooker or multi cook, the one which looks bulkier, and I never have problem with leakage when using the pressure mode.
I will take a photo of the leakage to show you guys. Not only did it leave an absolute mess on my kitchen bench but also made me nervous that the leak was sooo close to the electric plug on the machine. If you only use it for sauté or browning then that’s fine but as soon as the lid is closed - bang - leakage!!

I don’t know who I can contact and whether Tefal is aware of this, it’s not an acceptable product.

Gawler

Model: CY7018 (Black) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Bought at half price and its OK but definitely not great.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

So we bought the Tefal Cook4Me Plus from Amazon (AU) when it was half the normal price and I am certainly glad I never paid full price. Overall its OK but when things go wrong the lack of ability to return to the point where things did go wrong and continue cooking is flawed design in my opinion.
Positives
The recipes when they work are quite nice.
It is so easy to clean.
Negatives
(very minor) The control uses a dial to select the option you want which is a bit of a pain when you want a recipe staring with say "m" or "n". Confirming that yes you do want to turn it off seems an unnecessary extra step as well. Maybe old "Windows" programmers were involved?
(minor) Recipes involving chicken use different terms ("Drumstick", "Chicken Leg", and "Chicken Leg with Thigh"). So is a "Chicken Leg" with or without the thigh? Recipes need a review for consistency.
(major) Quick Moussaka recipe that we tried said to brown then remove meat. It never told us to put the meat back, and never told us to brown (or cook) the onion. We then had to guess how to solve the issue and cook the meal using its manual feature. I did download a pdf of the recipes from Tefal's website but there is no "Quick Moussaka" recipe in the pdf even though our device has that recipe in its menu - go figure? Quality control is either lacking or there are different recipes for different regions?
(mid) You can download a list of recipes with the ingredients but they don't have the steps. The trouble is you really want to know what the upcoming steps are before you start cooking, especially when things go wrong. Please provide a pdf of the steps for each recipe for download as it is needed to fix issues when things go wrong.
(major) So we tried the "Quick Moussaka" recipe a second time and sure enough it skipped putting the meat back in or adding the onions at any stage, but this time it complained there was not enough liquid - why? The trouble is given its a set and forget device I have no idea how far into the process it had the lack of liquid issue so I have no idea how to fix it when adding more liquid and cooking manually. We then tried a fettuccine recipe and same error "not enough water" was raised even though we followed the instructions precisely. If there was some way to know when the problem occurs you might have half a chance to recover.
(mid) So I sent an email regarding the not enough liquid errors and the "Quick Moussaka" issues but it took 11 days (not 2 as they state) to get back to me and said I needed to take it to a service centre. They didn't offer some steps to try which would have been nice. So in the mean time we continued to use the device and I think I solved the not enough liquid issue when I fiddled with the lid part that sits under the ball steam thing-a-me-jig (using technical terms here) as the error has not occurred again. Does seem fiddly though and leaves you with no confidence it is going to work.
(mid) When it says 10 minutes preparation time it assumes you have the knife skills of Jamie Oliver and does not allow for heating oil, browning meat/onion/etc. How people can say its a real time saver I can only think of compared to a slow cooker on the oven. I can cook a meal in 30 minutes after work without this device and using this device it still takes 30 minutes (or more).
Overall
I do like it I guess but if I had paid full price I would have hated it. The repeated lack of enough liquid error which is possibly due to how you put the lid together and may be intermittent is the major killer. I simply don't trust it to work and when the error is raised you have to think for yourself how you are going to solve it as it doesn't indicate when in the process the error occurred. I will continue to use it to try and get value from it but wish I had never purchased the thing.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Model: CY7018 (Black) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Worst appliance I have ever bought

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

I bought this because of all the good reviews, and have been extremely disappointed.
This unit is quite good when it works. However, since we have twice had to pour its contents into our trusty stove top pressure cooker to continue cooking, we can no longer trust it, so it sits in our cupboard unused. The problem is that, when it tries to get up to pressure, it displays error 24 and advises that more water is needed - which is absolute nonsense. Even waiting for it to cool down, and then adding water does not help.
My advise to anyone thinking of buying this is to not waste your money, but to get a normal pressure cooker that will simply work without flashing stupid error messages.
Don’t even try to get any help from Tefal, because they don’t respond. I have always regarded their products to be quite good, but I won’t be buying any more.

The best thing that can happen is to get a refund.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Darwin

• 14 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Dinner sorted in record time!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Bought this fantastic pressure cooker late last year. OMG! I wish I had bought it sooner. It is extremely user friendly, every inbuilt recipe is spelt out for you, just click ok and scroll through the ingredients, press ok and start cooking. I've made several of the inbuilt recipes now and even just cooked a few specific ingredients, ie brown rice and quinoa, and I have to say every recipe thus far is terrific. All time favourite is Chicken Paella which cooks in just 6 minutes!! People don't believe me when I tell them I can cook it in such a short time, but it's true. The 6 minutes doesn't include the prep time, but the actual cooking time. I invited a friend over to show her and she was blown away by how quickly we were able to sit down and have dinner sorted. Cleaning up is a breeze because of the non-stick surface of the bowl - nothing sticks to it. The bowl itself is huge and can easily hold a whole chicken - which I've cooked - chicken and vegetables, and it turned out brilliant. The meat was just falling off the bones and very tasty. One comment, it would have been good to have included with the manual the listing of liquid required for each ingredient - that is say for 200g of brown rice you need 350ml of water. This info is not included anywhere but I found it via a lovely Facebook group where someone provided the link to down load the info sheet. If you're busy, short on time to cook meals, I can thoroughly recommend this unit. The hardest part is deciding what to have!

Sydney, NSW

Model: CY7018 (Black) Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Best solution for people who do not like to cook.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

After looking at the reviews in Product review, we bought the Cook4Me from JB Hi-Fi. Where as this cooker does not produce the best taste, it works very well for people like me who do not love to cook but sometimes need to cook as a back up. Also, cleaning is very easy. I have not tried out of set menu yet but will soon try that.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Model: CY7011 (White) Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Excellent - Could Not Live Without It (well I could, but you get my drift)

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2018

I purchased it two years ago. I use it virtually every day. It is easy to use, easy to clean and you can make so many foods with it; even desserts! My favourites are: risotto, stew, curries, bone broth and sticky date pudding. Great easy and quick perfect rice every time too. I sometimes use the set recipes with my own spin on them, or I just use it on manual. It also makes professional cafe style poached eggs really easily (normally a disaster for me on the stove top). And it is big enough to cook for prepping and meals for several days if required. Apart from one of the rubber seals falling off the leg, I have never had a problem with it. Yesterday I even stumbled across a Facebook page dedicated to recipes from fanatical lovers of the C4M. I am not quite at that stage, but I truly do love how easy meal times have now become.

• 9 answers

Model: CY7018 (Black) Date Purchased: Feb 2016

I use it all the time.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Right from the start I found the Cook4Me easy to use. I use it for cooking rice, steaming vegetables and making curries, stews and vegetarian casseroles. I don't use the onboard recipes that much except for the timing steamed veges, rice etc. I usually make up my own ingredients, brown onions etc. then add vegetables and use the Manual "Quick cook" which is 10 minutes and the mean is ready. The recipes supplied was a good start for me, but once you become more confident with this wonderful machine you can adapt many pressure cooker recipes. I actually have two in case one stops working as I couldn't live without it. Saves on power too no having a slow cooker on for 8 hours.

Model: CY7011 (White) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Love it... My life saver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

It is super easy to use with clear instructions. Even hubby can use it.
There are so much variety of options that this machine have helped me with. From pasta, to lamb shank to plain rice cooking. The possible is endless at the moment. My favourite is the risotto. It cooks PERFECT risotto.

The cleaning is simple but I just dont know how to remove the very top bit to clean (not in book) so i am not sure how much grime is under there. Fingerscrossed.

ballarat

• 3 answers

Model: CY7018 (Black) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Cook 4 me +

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2018

I think this product is excellent,. But they do need to look into a decent recipe book also , for cook4 me + some times you want to sit back and look at all the recipe be fore you start and what’s in them ,and Tefal customer service centres not much help ,

• 2 questions

Model: CY7018 (Black) Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great when short on time

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

Great for time poor people. Got this after having a baby when we simply didn't have time to cook. Very easy to use and having the ingredients and recipes stored is a bonus. found it very easy to clean also. One thing though I found even though it says 10 minutes for recipe it didn't include the pre heat time and time to release pressure which adds another 15 min

Purchased at: David Jones

Brisbane

• 5 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: CY7018 (Black) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Loved it so bought one for Mum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

I bought my TC4ME in June 2017 then figured how beneficial this would be for Mum. It helps Mum with her concerns of extra power consumption.
The ease of use is fabulous. I am able to do Lamb shanks when I get home from a long day. Awesome addition to my kitchen.

Cedar Grove, Queensland, Australia

• 5 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: CY7018 (Black) Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Tefal Cook4Me Multicooker - Disappointing design which affects use.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Pros:
- The machine looks great.
- It's easy to clean.
- You can pressure cook meals in a 1/4 of the time a slow cooker takes to get the same results.
- The Tefal Cook4Me can be quite versatile with what it can do once you realise how many ways you can use it's functions.

Cons:
- The manufacturing design lacks in sustainability. Once the rubber foot came off the bottom [within 12 months] the machine started to throw out errors and is unbalanced. You would think it would be a simple matter to pop the foot lugs back in, but it is impossible to get back on and there is no information in the manual or on the Tefal Cook4Me website advising how to fix the issue, rendering the machine useless.
- There is not enough information on how to use the machine to realise how versatile it can be. I had to join a facebook page to find out that I could swap out ingredients in recipes to make different meals.

Using the Tefal Cook4Me was disappointing at first and for the first 8 months I felt like it was a waste of money as I only attempted about 3 meals in it. However having recently discovered via a FB group that you can swap out ingredients and use some of the preset recipes to cook other meals, I found the Tefal Cook4Me a lot more versatile than what I originally thought and I have used the machine about 9 times in the last 4 months. I was excited and was just beginning to enjoy using my Tefal Cook4Me after realising how easy it was to cook meals in an hour, that have previously taken me all day to cook in a slow-cooker and getting the same results!

And then, the rubber foot on the bottom came off and it is impossible to get back on which means the machine is unbalanced and won't work properly.

I give this machine a 3 star rating only. Despite enjoying it for the last 4 months, for the money spent, I would expect the machine to last a lot longer and am disappointed that something that should be so easily fixed, can't be. I now have the option of having to buy a whole new machine, or choose something else, so despite starting to really enjoy the Cook4Me I will be shopping around to find a machine that lasts longer than 12 uses.

Alternatively, if Tefal read this, I'm happy to hear suggestions on how to get the foot back on so that I can use this machine again and update my review.

Australia

• 3 questions
  • 9 answers
  • 21 helpful votes

Model: CY7011 (White) Date Purchased: Feb 2018

The best cooker for everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

The best pressure cooker, rice cooker, roaster, and cooking pot I have ever used. For a family of 10. Large chicken roast in just 35 minutes with veggies. Rice in just 9 minutes. It even steams veggies.

Definitely recommend it.

Easy to wash and take a part and re assemble.

Model: CY7011 (White) Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Bolognese ready in no time!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I'm loving my cook4me pressure cooker, I now use it mainly in manual mode as I got to learn how much time things need to be cooked the way I want. I make curries and ratatouille and bolognese in no time, easy to clean, easy to use and the best of al: safe, no need to get anywhere near the steam valve, it does everything automatically, I wouldn't not change it and I recommend it, I even cook rice in it so goodbye to the rice cooker

1 of 9 pages