1st for Women Car Insurance

1st for Women Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Caroline

CarolineMelbourne

Not suitable for international drivers licence holders

I wanted to get a third party car insurance cover quote from them but what a bummer, if you hold an international licence they don't serve you! Good to know beforehand.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Claim MadeNo

Simone e

Simone eSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not use this company

Two members of my family have used this service and both had legitimate claims - one injury and one travel delay/cancellation out of our control.

They did everything they could to try and get out of the injury claim even trying to force my mum to fly back to Australia with two broken feet requiring surgery!

On our claim (separate policy) we tried to claim cancelled flights and lost hotel room due to weather and travel company cancelling on us. I thought it would be straight forward. Nope. Completely denied. DO NOT USE! Complete waste of money and hideous service.

Mick Woolagoodga

Mick Woolagoodgasydney

How do you people get away with this??

So here I am a MALE with a spotless driving record and no insurance claims whatsoever, yet these sexual discriminators will increase my wife's excess by $200 if I as a MALE am listed as an additional driver on her quote for car insurance? Wow!! The worst part is, the silence is deafening from the vocal minority groups who would close this business overnight, if the genders were reversed. It's almost as bad as the slogan from that other female sexist group, "Fernwood Women's Club", who advertise, "No Tom's No Harry's and definitely NO DICK'S".
Yes, my wife has shopped elsewhere!!

waldi

waldi

Good value, unless you are not at fault.

I have been with them for several years and they seemed fine until this year when my car was hit by beams falling off a truck in front. Despite photos of the truck, licence plate details, Stat Dec from me AND a witness who stopped to help, they still took 13 weeks to approve the damage, gave my repairer trouble and made no effort to ID the truck owner so stung me for the excess.
Reason: you didn't block the road, stop the truck and demand the drivers details.
Don't insure with them unless you are prepared to ALWAYS take the blame and lose your no claim bonus.

Disapointment

Was going to switch companies for savings purposes. The quote I was given was over $200 less than my current company. Then I had received a call because I had hit a Kangaroo in Sept 2012 was 5 months off there 5 year no claim they wanted to increase my policy to more than I was paying at my current company. So since they would not work with me they lost my policy plus my other 2 I was going to transfer. Very upset with the outcome of this situation.

Insurance claim madeNo

First for women the best..been with them not even a year and they fix my geyser..no excess thks firt

First for women the best.only been with them for a year i think..they put in a new geyser for me .with no excess...they are the best.been with other insurance companies for years ..and they would fix anything.and when u try and claim ..as if u the bad one .thks again first for women will recoment u to all my friends
Regards sharon.ps u the bedt

Insurance claim madeYes

A disappointing end to relationship with company

Price for insurance tended to increase disproportionately over time. Also too willing to drop our business without negotiation or consideration for the length of time we had been with them.

Shopaholic

ShopaholicAU

Avoid this company!

Insurance claim madeYes

Not worth cheaping out on

Only reason I gave these guys 2 stars is because of their customer service, which is excellent. Never cheap out on their services. Roadside assistance took 2.5 hours to get to me (not in a metro area) and then quoted me $300 for a car battery that I paid $170 for.
Secondly, they moved my 1 star rating to a 3rd star after someone attempted to break into my car, did not provide me with a car to use and took hours to get back to me. Definitely not worth their comprehensive cover. I'm switching to a reputable company next month.

best customer service

whenever I had had to speak with anyone at 1st for women car insurance I have received the most outstanding customer service. Always happy people who I can understand and who are there to help its like talking to a friend. its hard to find elsewhere and is always a hassle free experience

RIPPED OFF 2

RIPPED OFF !!! by 1st For Women

Couldn't fault them

I chose 1st for women because of price, which was very favourable. Three months later, I had my first car crash and was devastated, it was my fault and I was very worried the insurer would drag there heals in making a decision and my car would be totalled as its fairly old. I was pleasantly surprised to find neither was true, I found the customer service to be excellent; professional and understanding. The assessment of my claim was promptly approved and I'm back on the road after little over a week!
Great customer service

Household members

Be careful unless you add all members of your household on policy they are not covered even if you select all can drive big rip off just like budget direct by the way same company don't go near them be careful check pdf no more to say just be wary

Excellent to do deal with

My car was damaged in the hail storm and was classified as non-repairable. It was ready to be updated anyway and what they offered was perfect as I don't think i would've received this price if i went through all the effort and bargaining if I sold it privately, and car companies wouldn't have offered anything close to what I wanted for a trade-in. I had only wonderful, friendly customer support service from them and cheque came in the mail soon after. I also had an accident in my new car and again only wonderful service all the way.
friendly and very helpful customer service over the phone
I can't fault them at this stage - maybe lower insurance cover?

AnV

AnVAU

Good when you buy, shocking when you claim

Purchasing car insurance was easy, with helpful staff. However, we are currently attempting to make a not-our-fault claim. Claims staff were very rude, not helpful at all and demanded disclosure of information that wasn't required/asked for at the time of purchase. "Claims manager" allocated to us has not contacted us. Claims service is not available on weekends.
Cheaper.
Very poor claims service. Is not worth the cheaper premium if something does go wrong.

beryl83

beryl83

Terrible

Disappointed24

Disappointed24CAMBERWELL

Don't even bother looking into this

Clearly 'the customer is always right' doesn't work for this mob. Even when they take a recording of what is discussed they will still swear black and blue that they are not wrong. Imagine being told your insurance will cost one thing then getting a letter saying it costs double the amount simply because they made a mistake originally.
Cheaper Insurance for women a good concept