Car Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of car insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.8

5,912 reviews
    4.1 (1,430)
    4.0 (1,380)
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
    3.9 (1,179)

Great after care

Only a month with the company so far so good my partner has been with a fair while that’s how I found out about them and she is happy with the way she has been treated

Car ModelLDV T60
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Ian, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Patley

PatleySa, 5018

Saved me money

The insurance only became active a few days ago, and hopefully I won't ever need to make a claim. I chose Budget because it saved me $200. We all like to save money

Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Hatchback) Neo
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Patley, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Good service

Yes goods helpful this is my first time had membership with budget also assistance was goods ,good discounts best prices for fee, hopefully on the further ahead will getting best more action .

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelToyota Aurion
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Soknak, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Tatiana

TatianaSpringfield Lakes

Great value and services

I subscribed to Budget last month and happy with the service and the value. It was very easy to set up.
I saved $500 dollars a year compared to my previous insurance company.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Tatiana, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

MJCSydney, NSW

Excellent price based on shopping around to compare with your competitors

Absolutely, Excellent service, Follow up, Peace of mind, This being our first policy, Looking forward to the future, potentially switching our fleet of vehicles over time, No roadside Service required,

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi MJC, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

No problem.... take care

Great value, simple process

It offers Great value for money. It is a Simple and quick quote application process. I even buy the extra roadside service. I Highly recommend to anyone looking for a new insurance.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelBMW X5 E70
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jean, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Car insurance

Just bought it. Person on telephone was helpful. Have not had the need to claim anything yet. Using the camera app to send photos of the car was very difficult.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Louise, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Jay

JayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect.

Full comp plus roadside and hire car under $30/pw sounds great to me hopefull I won’t have to use it anytime soon but it’s great to have the protection incase.

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJuly 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Car ModelSubaru Impreza
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Jay, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Tammy B

Tammy B

Budget Direct - an inferior company!

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelMercedes-Benz Vito

Lauramcdiarmid86

Lauramcdiarmid86Illawarra, NSW

Easy and Great price

Policy offered everything I needed and a great price. Very easy to take to get a quote and then proceed with the policy. Was offered roadside assistance along with the policy at a great price.

Car ModelHonda Jazz
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Laura, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Have a great week. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

lets a.

lets a.Sydney, NSW

Not at fault

Had an accident but not at fault in a brand new car budget is my insurer and did not contest the at fault party for a new car what so ever can will take 2 months to fix as there is no parts in Australia. Budget also did not call to organise a hire car as we had to chase it up ourselves. Will be leaving budget direct after my car is back. Would not recommend BUDGET DIRECT.

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim DateAugust 2020
Car ModelNissan Patrol Y62
Elvira DR M.

Elvira DR M.Sydney, NSW

I was Looking for an affordable comprehensive insurance on line, Budget Direct gave me the options I needed for my cover at a good value as compared to other insurers.

Car ModelKia Carnival
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Elvira, this is fantastic to read! Thank you for taking the time to provide this great feedback. We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Cheers, Budget Direct.

This is perfect for my car good pricing

Good value And service,No claim still it is in good price. Easy to set up and very Friendly I used to think its expensive but it is in good price

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Daljinder, this is fantastic to read! Thank you for taking the time to provide this great feedback. We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Cheers, Budget Direct.

Very good

New customer so I can’t elaborate furtherthank u wel wait and see as its Avery old car and a collectors item and beautiful to drive and only uses superleaded petrol and very rare car

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback. We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Cheers, Budget Direct.

Pankaj Kumar

Pankaj KumarSydney, NSW

Good service

Good value And service
No claim still
I used to think its expensive like yuvi, AAMI, but not, so it is in good price
I had good experience with roadside its a like nearly 1nd half year

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Pankaj, thank you for taking the time to provide this great feedback. We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Cheers, Budget Direct.

Find out how Budget Direct Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Very quick and easy to join

Good value and easy to set up have home and contents insurance with budget direct fund them very friendly and easy to deal with for the last three years that I have been with them.

Car ModelToyota Kluger GSU50R GX AWD
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Tracey, this is fantastic to read! Thank you for taking the time to provide this great feedback. We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Cheers, Budget Direct.

LEE

LEESydney, NSW

It's less money for the same insurance

Yes it is great value well under my other insurance company . No claim lodged to this date. First time 1 month . Does not apply to me at this stage yet.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Lee, thank you for taking the time to provide this great feedback. We look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Cheers, Budget Direct.

John Coffey

John CoffeySydney Surrounds, NSW

New insurer

Just took out Insurance with Budget Direct as I was happy with recent travel insurance with them. Very competitively priced, easy to do online, AND they gave me a bonus!

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. We look forward to being your insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

Excellent experience

Excellent experience sales person was excellent great knowledge of the product would recommend this company to anyone who is looking to purchase insurance this is my first year with this insurance company

Car ModelVolkswagen Tiguan 5N
Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi Wes, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to be your insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.

A V

A VSydney, NSW

Best value for money

Best value for money

I had a few specific requirements and the guys were extremely helpful. More than happy. The windshield replacement excess down to just 40 bucks was very nice.

Budget DirectBudget Direct

Hi A V, thanks for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback. It's great to have you with us, and we look forward to being your continued Insurer of choice. Kind regards, Budget Direct.