Budget Direct Car Insurance

Budget Direct Car Insurance

3.8 from 4,508 reviews

Excelent

Good value morden 10 yil very good companey i got road asistence but i dinnt use must be good
easy set up good stuff they help full thanks x x x

Car ModelHyundai i30
Claim MadeNo

Easy to obtain fantastic example of how to get the best insurance

Easy fast great price set up was a breeze hope to get many more years of experience out of budget insurance have told a lot of friends just how simple it was to sige up thanks Greg lop

Car ModelMercedes

Really good.

Price very good and it covers our needs including our under age children drivers. It will be great if the process of NCD is more simple. That is only the pebble in the process. Otherwise, all good.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelNissan X-Trail T32.I ST (2.5L 5-Seat CVT FWD)

Straight forward insurance

First time insurer with Budget Direct. The whole process was quick and easy to do online and I was insured for my new car in under 5 minutes. They supplied the cheapest quote by far for me and I believe that I got good value for my money.

Car ModelKia Cerato

Quick and easy

Took less than five minutes on line and the new car was insured prior to pick up from dealer.Already had budget ins so verifying my no claim bonus was a phone call and done. The customer service officer was quick and courteous.

Car ModelMitsubishi ASX XC Black Edition
Claim MadeNo

It was very user friendly and had pleasant conversation.

I feel my policy is good value and easy to set up, I feel confident With budget Direct because they were recommended by someone who is using the same car insurance company as budget direct

Quick and easy

I wanted to switch insurance providers as I was not happy with my previous. I was able to complete this process really quick and easy through Budget Direct Car Insurance on my phone. Thanks heaps guys!

Car ModelHolden Barina
Claim MadeNo

Easy and quick online process

I recently purchased a new car insurance policy with Budget Direct. Having been a long time customer with them it was an easy choice to go with them again for my new car. The online process was quick and easy, the price was comparable and communication was thorough and swift. Another happy customer service experience with Budget Direct.

I saved $40 a month by switching to budget

Customer service was great, saved $40 a month on my car insurance and I got a free 3mth subscription to my favourite magazine, so that was worth the 15mins it took to switch insurers.

Car ModelHyundai ix35 LM.II Highlander AWD, 2.0L Diesel, Automatic

Good value

Good value for a comprehensive category. It does cover most of what i wanted for. Their rates are one of the affordable in the market. Definetely will recommend to my mates.

Car ModelKia Sportage

Insurance made easy

Budget direct make it easy, I’ve had my car insurance with them previously and when I had to claim it was such an easy process and the staff were empathetic and helpful. Highly recommend

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Just what i wanted

Very easy to set up. Recently joined as i was looking into getting value for money while saving money at the same time. Very accommodating to my needs. Thank you

Claim MadeNo

We won't be renewing our policy with budget direct ever

We had full comp insurance on 2 vehicles, then decided to bring one back to 3rd party. 10 minutes later we decided to keep it as full comp insured. Now we were required to send photo's of our car, advised by someone in South Africa. We sent them, but it seemed really strange we had to send them. So full comp we thought we had. We called up some months later to find we had only 3rd party insurance but had been charged full comp all the way and they said they haven't received our photo's. So we had them from Feburary and the email with the date and sent them. They have them now. Our calling was to let them know we have replaced the tub of the ute with a tray, same model, same age, standard tray for this vehicle.
They claim it is a modification. Finally their underwriters after getting the facts incorrect, have apologised, but it's far to late and to boot have charged us an extra $30 for the joy! After how we have been treated, we won't be using them again. We were treated like were 18 years old, had thrown a V8 under the bonnet and fitted fat tyres all round. All our policies will be removed. We are done and dusted.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelFord Falcon Ute BA (2002-2005)
Claim MadeNo

Typical low budget insurance!!

Seems cheap and easy that's the service you get returned! Dont go near these scum. Great until you need them. I also had travel insurance with them that was no better!!!

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Car ModelMitsubishi Magna
Claim MadeNo

Beware, they exploit your loyalty as a long term customer.

I have used Budget Direct to insure my cars for the past 8 years. I have made only 1 claim 6 years ago which was handled well. Like most people, each year I accepted my renewal notices with them without really checking if they were giving me a good deal. (After all, their initial price quote for the policy was very good value). That was my mistake.
So each year they gradually raise the premiums, but after 5 years I decided to research other quotes because I thought the premium was looking expensive. I was able to get the same insurance for 40% less with other online quotes. I was even able to get this 40% reduction with Budget Direct using their online quote system, but only if I was a new customer. If I included any details in the quote request that identified me as an existing Budget Direct customer, then the reduction was only 10%.
So each year, other than the first year of the policy, I have been paying several hundred dollars more than I needed to. Budget Direct clearly rewards new customers but then exploits long term loyal customers, especially those like me who are too trusting and complacent to check the value in their annual policy renewal premiums.
I am sure Budget Direct is not the only insurance company that does this, but this experience has highlighted the need for me to check and compare my insurance premiums each year and not to blindly trust that long term customers are not exploited, simply because of their loyalty.

Great service by budget

Very easy to insure vehicle by internet. Customer service great and a great price for compulsory insurance . Budget also called to make sure everything was correct with the new policy. Good work.

Claim MadeNo

Great experience, easy to apply and great value!

This policy was easy to set up. It just took minutes. I was really happy with the price and overall experience. I would definately keep going back for future insurances.

Claim MadeNo

Really easy to follow instructions

Easy to attend to all of the questions and really good quote for comprehensive insurance that was very comparable with other agencies.
Very quick response from Budget Direct and very easy to pay online.

Car ModelKia Cerato
Claim MadeNo

Beware, they are cheap for a reason

Had to recently cancel 2 x policies that were on monthly installments and they charged $40 each to cancel them citing admin costs. This is ridiculous as no other insurer does this, or not this amount anyway.

Plus there are so many horror stories around about their internal policy to reject even genuine claims without giving valid reasons or paying out deflated amounts in claims.

They are cheap at the beginning but cost you much in the longer run... stay away from them. Only thing cheap is their policies and ridiculous fees.

Claim MadeNo

Fantastic service and very good rates

Hassle free experience value for money policy all positives with this insurance policy. Would recommend to everybody saved a lot of money.i will stay with budget direct for sure next time

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelMitsubishi Triton MN (2009-2014)