Budget Direct Car Insurance

Budget Direct Car Insurance

3.8 from 4,311 reviews

This is good to join with Budget Direct Car Insurance

Good price, ok to set up, never claim don’t know yet, only 2weeks with BDCI, and hope everything going well when need help for service in the future, price fix next re new

Car ModelLexus NX300h
Claim MadeNo
Must give reward to good driver and price should be fix for renew or less to keep good driver not to go elsewhere

Excellent Customer Service

Already a customer but didn't realise I needed to be registered online for the online quote system to recognise me, and that created problems. All sorted out by ringing them. Couldn't be happier. The young fellow (from South Africa) was 100% professional and resolved all my issues very proficiently. On top of all that the price was reasonable compared to the others - no wonder they rate so well in these reviews.

Car ModelMitsubishi Outlander

Very good ‘

Yes it was good the part that I didn’t like was that my car is only covered for 28,000 when my cars actually work 32,000
I lodged the claim it took 1 weeks

DO NOT USE THIS MOB! '0' STAR

I was in a small incident which i was at fault. Paid my $1,200 excess only to go 3.5 weeks back and forth with these crooks about my car having a "modification" which i found ludicrous. I bought the car as it was so it didn't even cross my mind to put this on my policy plus they never asked for images of the car so i dare say they are at fault for a lack of information asked about my vehicle. I was then moved from department, to department with multiple people looking at my case only to find out the original person that was taking care of it were no longer so then i had to wait longer for another person to review. Once it was in the underwriters hands it took a good week to come to a resolution... These guys are not brain surgeons, they are not trying to diagnose and figure out what's wrong with a person it's simple a car... a heap of metal and plastic how can it be so difficult! In the end they agreed to repair the car (worse case was not to repair). They also kicked me off the policy which means im no longer insured with them and in retrospect they did me a favor! Appalling customer service and when you get asked questions like "can you find the ad where you bout the car from 6 years ago" you wonder why do thy even bother! Only good thing about BD is value for money.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Full comprehensive Insurance

Policy was very easy to set up and good value. We had just purchased the car that day. We used the website and set up the Insurance within 15 minutes

Car ModelFord Fiesta

Simple and easy!

It was the first time that I, myself was to set up insurance on a car. It was a great simple process that made it very easy to navigate. And the staff were extremely helpful with any questions that I had

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelHyundai Accent RB (2011-Present)

Good value

Have been with budget before and have returned to them as they offer the best price and value.they were helpful and easy to communicate with, the price was almost half of what I was quoted with others for the same cover.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHyundai i20 PB.I (2010-2012)
Claim MadeNo

Best price and very helpful

Budget direct offered the policy which was the best value for money for both our new cars.
The call centre was very helpful, they knew I was in a hurry so asked the questions as quickly as possible. I compared a number of policies on price and also features such as roadside assistance, excess payment and replacement new for old for my car and budget direct came out on top. They also honoured my no claim bonus from my previous company.
I would recommend speaking to budget direct if you are looking for car insurance.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelVolkswagen Golf Mk.7.5 (2017-Present)

Cost Cut Almost in Half!

Looking around for a better deal, I found Budget Direct. Doing more research at Choice.com.au I found their policy similar to my current policy. But here is the kicker, the annual cost was almost half and I had a Loyalty ‘discount’ with the other company...

Car ModelSuzuki Swift MK6.II

It suits you perfectly

It was easy to set up and the rep was very knowledgeable with all the aspects of what I required it was so easy. The rep was very pleasant to deal with. It was just a phone call with a nice outcome

Claim MadeNo

This is better than others

It is pretty easy to setup. Even the staff is very helpful when we call them. I haven’t upload any claims yet. I am with this company from last 6 six months.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelToyota Camry XV50 (2012-2017)
Claim MadeNo

All good until you make a claim.

Got my policy cancelled out of nowhere, then had to make a claim and was somehow able to lodge it anyway. Called to say they notified me via letter which I did not receive, but they don’t care because they have followed their process. Basically gave me no choice but to withdraw my claim, and did not even offer me any help. I work in customer service and this is exactly what they train you not to be; unhelpful and unsympathetic.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelVolkswagen Golf Mk.7 (2013-2017)
Claim MadeNo

Best value product available!

I compared my current insurer against several others and Budget Direct was the best value option available. Easy to get a quote, easy to understand, an incredible saving. I’m a rating one for life, been with my previous insurer for many years, have a discount as a result. But the could not match the excellent product and price.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHolden Berlina VE (2006-2013)
Claim MadeNo

To dear compare to other companies

R. A. C. V where cheaper than what you guys are. I had a flooding with my car. RACV. They did not put that on my records. But your company does. That is why I have car insurance with one of my cars. I will be putting my offer car with them. Can I get some one to call me back about this. 0436355056 thank you

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Car Model2002-2005 Ford Explorer
Claim MadeNo

Good site and good service easy to use and quick

Simple and quick to use would be nice to send the information to my family and friends good price and my son is paying and he doesn’t have a good paying job

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Claim MadeNo

Hit and run, comprehensive car insurance. Budget still want me to pay excess

My car was hit at the back and the second driver drove off. I had a witness and a photo of the car rego. I went to the Police and got a police report. Police confirmed that the plates were stolen and they would not be able to identify the driver. Budget Direct still wanted me to pay excess although I have a comprehensive insurance. There is really no point of getting comprehensive car insurance. Get the 3rd party only.

Claim MadeYes

Great service and good rates.

Been with budget for about 15yrs. Great service, never any problems. Just insured a new purchased car and added it to our house insurance. Great value. I would recommend budget direct.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHolden Ute VZ (2004-2007)

Very happy thanks

Yes easy set up my insurance and i was very happy with the service. Would definitely recommend this service to my friends and family. Found the agent very helpful throughout

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHolden Commodore VE (2006-2013)
Claim MadeNo

I'm glad we sorted out 5ue payment situation!

I felt it was good value.
It was easy to set up but I wish the payment went straight through instead of having it sit in my bank account for a few days

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party and Third Party Property Damage
Car ModelTerios
Claim MadeNo

My policy is good value and very easy to set up. Very friendly and supportive.

I was looking for compare market where I found budget,which I was very glad to take and sign up for my comprehensive car insurance, the deal was to my budget,very friendly, helpful, gave me all the discounts, end up paying at least $300 lesser than others.