24/7 Plumber-Melbourne

1.0

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Christmas night zero star review

Called them out on Christmas night for a toilet that would not shut off. Was prepared to pay a premium for a public holiday and late at night, but was quoted $1200 for something the plumbers said would take 15-30 minutes. The bloke manning the company phone line said that this figure takes into account the plumbers' training and experience, but how many tradies do you know who command $4800 per hour (if it took them 15 mins) or even $2400 per hour (if it took them 30 mins)? Avoid these folk at all costs. The young plumbers who attended were lovely, but the guy manning phones and defending their costs was shonky and objectionable. Reminder to self, read Product Review before calling. I'm clearly not the only one to have been scammed.

Feeling ripped off :(

The website says $0 call-out fee(big and clear), with little disclaimer in tiny font that weekend prices may apply. But reality is they charge an insane call-out fee of $249. And it does not stop with that, services etc everything is on top of this call-out fee, and wait for gold $800+ to change a tap, apparently would have costed $600+ on a weekday. Good Plumbers come at a price is the justification. I believe their plumbers must have done some kind of PhD in plumbing to charge $1000 for 30-40 min of their time and service.

I would never ever use them again and never recommend them to anyone. I feel cheated in terms of pricing, extremely unfair :(.

Rates and Fees
Edna

EdnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

very very disappointing, feeling being rip off too!

Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not use. Incompetent or deceitful - either way no good

I used this company when we had a burst water pipe. Long story short:

• They did not conduct a thorough examination of the house during the first call-out and as a result provided me with ill-informed advice regarding the source of the leak and necessary corrective actions.
• They charged me for work that was not undertaken.
• Work undertaken by them was not completed with due care and skill.
• They negligently or wilfully misled me regarding further works required.
• As a result of this negligent or fraudulent advice I incurred losses in terms of time spent, damage to property, and financial disadvantage.

Totally unethical business. Do not use.

Dissatisfied customer

Dissatisfied customerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

BEWARE: SCAMMERS! DO NOT USE

These people are professional, smooth talking scammers. They "attended" to my leaking toilet and charged $445 AFTER the callout "discount" but they did not fix the problem. Told me I needed a new one, (my toilet is 4 years old) & charged 60% ie $680 "deposit". After NOT receiving a written quote/invoice for either job, I decided to cancel the job, and they did not provide the 75% refund as set in their "contract terms" when I cancelled within 5 days of when the job was scheduled. They operate under 24/7 plumbing, but emails come from "Pronto plumbing" and "Plumbing Australia".

Andrew W.

Andrew W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crooks

I paid for replacement of 10 m of sewer pipe and they fitted only 4m. They billed me for 10m. I paid for 10m. Its time to take them to VCAT

Rita

RitaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

247 Local Plumber DO NOT LET THEM IN YOUR HOME, scammers and rip off merchants deregistered in NSW

Stellar

StellarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mr Plumber/1800Plumber/24/7Plumber/Rescue Enterprises

Pete

PeteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Scammers. Do not use

Charge exorbitant fees and do big do a good job. They are scammers. $500 for changing washers. Watch particularly a guy called Hayden. Do not use in any way whatsoever

Job Satisfaction

nhroad

nhroadmelbourne

0 star really Terrible

This group came 8 weeks ago to look at the problem and quote $965, which I unfortunately paid. They said the same plumber who quoted would return the following day but this did not occur. Two other plumbers came, at different times, in the following weeks, to make a total of 4 visits, to try and rectify the issue, but EPIC FAIL. I now have a hole in my ceiling which was completely unnecessary. Another plumber came today and fixed in an hour and a half so charged half as much as this hopeless crew. How do they sleep at night?

Brian E.

Brian E.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DON'T hire these guy's, you will be scammed

Paid call out fee of $110 (required payment upfront). Their plumber J came out to look at the pipe blockage and charged us $800 + (required payment upfront) to unblock. In less than 1 Hr, quoted us a further $1000 to replace a pipe (and requested upfront payment), which I declined thankfully. J the plumber unfortunately wasn't aware that water runs downhill, and was trying to unblock a pipe that was no longer in use and heading in the opposite direction. Awesome service (NOT!).

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

0 Star

Total Fraud.. ripped me off $4000 to unblock a pipe which I fixed it by myself with half an hour ( just by trying by myself ) as they were coming after two days. l had to pay another $135 Call out fee and and additional $3000 to sign the quote. When I rang them that I fixed it by myself and return the money. they simply refused and later offered half of the money. Not even a minute of cooling off period. I am taking them to the consumer affair and VBA. They are a group of scammers. I would be ashamed and hung my head in shame if I feed my family and kids with the stolen money from my fellow citizens.. Don't know how they feel proud on doing this. They are all handymen, not fit to do the jobs professionally.

Kathy K.

Kathy K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute rip off nothing but thives

Totally ripped off my 86 year old mother charged $3000 to unblock a toilet and a week later it blocked again and was told l had to pay another $200 Call out fee and and additional $4500 to fix the problems again very rude receptionist that refused to help or ring me back when promised they would ,totally and utterly worst unprofessional unskilled company ever and totally dishonest NEVER Use this company

Dishonest plumber DO NOT USE

24/7 Local plumbing (previously Everflo Plumbing in liquidation) are dishonest, overcharge and carry out defective work. DO NOT USE . Don't be fooled by low call out fee and fixed price quoting.

Report these crooks to VBA,

twillm

twillmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gas leak disaster

Sandra J.

Sandra J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do no use this company they are rip Off Merchants

Charged $200 call out $1559 for 20 minutes work. Requested itemized bill after 4phone calls told must email complaints. 2emails and 4calls later advised do-not give itemized account. Still unresolved.

Rip off - do not use this company!

Told me I needed a new hot water service and quoted an exorbitant price to replace it. Wanted full payment up front and then tried to negotiate the price down when I stated I thought it was too high.
Paid the call out fee and got a real plumber out who fixed the problem in 5 mins and didn't need to replace the HWS. Don't use this company!!

Simon

SimonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DO NOT USE!

Do Not Use!
Opportunistic, Unprofessional, Charged $700 for 15 min work (joined an exposed 20mm flexible pipe I had accidentally put a screw in). After quoting $50 call out plus 1 hour minimum labor on phone.
Upon contacting the office I was told I would have to contact there Complaints department via email as they did not have phones. What reputable company needs a complaints department?

UNHAPPY/ More than terrible

Had blocked sewer (roots) they used water blast and didn't unblock just cleared some of the pipe (upfront $559+). Advised needed to dig ($4700+). Water Co. fully cleared blockage next day in few minutes...Will always rate NEGATIVE...

Susan

SusanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Requested plumber to fix block drain

Do not use them!! I requested for plumber to unblock sewer drain. I asked for quote on phone but receptionist said she could not give me price because plumber had to access. There was promo online to get$75 off and free camera inspection. Call out fee was $49.00. So I went ahead. Guy came out with iPad. Did not even look at drain and just gave me price of $599+GST
Did not even mention $75 discount because he said how should I know !!
I said you should because you have taken on my job and it is your job to know.
The girl on the phone could have told me and I definitely would not go ahead. I rang to complain and was told no refund.
I just wasted $49 for a quote. Absolutely disgusting and misleading. Don’t fall for the trap.