28 by Sam Wood

See the Best Diet Programs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Negative experience

I have not had a positive experience. I purchased 28 by Sam Wood to keep motivated; for something different. I was unhappy with the repetitive nature of the exercises. Into the second month, a few days after the money was taken from my account, I realised that it was not going to be any different in the second month. Most exercises are repeated but just in different orders. Unfortunately, given I realised this a few days into the next month, I was told there was no possibility of a refund. Despite my dissatisfaction with the product.
Do not purchase if you want to 'Join me for a different 28 minute workout every day' as this is not what you get. My suggestion if you want to try this product: cancel as soon as you have joined. You still have access to the month you've paid for, but it's a recurring order with no warning before the next payment is taken, and no scope to refund contrary to Australian Consumer Laws.

Start DateJune 2019
Additional Physical Activities Cardio and Sport

Its a lifestyke not a quick fix

So many yummy food options to suit everyone, exercise everyday for 28 minutes I love that the workouts are varied everyday. I find it is sustainable and easy to follow. 28 offers real results and I know it works when followed correctly. Their online support crew always friendly and available to help and a really positive encouraging online community, I have met some really lovely people thru arranged meet ups. I needed a change in my food and exercise and 28 helped me achieve that, realising that healthy food is delicious and the workouts are fun and challenging. The program also compliments my love of running.

Start DateMarch 2016
Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet

It’s my life now. I’m on such a happy path I have reached my goal weight and have maintained for over two years.

When I think of how far I have come......Two knee replacements. Size18-20 clothes to 10-12 now. Im a mature age 28ers and I suffered with arthritis. Now I dont have pain and Im so fit and doing the top workouts. The meals are a good size and delicious. Everything is worked out for you. ONe of the most important thing. No low fat crap. All good wholesome tasty meals. No counting calories... Sam is unbelievable as a PT. He understands US!!!!He gives so much of his time to help us on EVERY level. I could shout about 28 from the rooftops. No other program works like 28 The support from Sam and the Crew is amazing. The community is wonderful and so supportive too. There is so much on the program yoga meditation pre baby post baby. Gluten free vegetarian.28 have a wonderful nutritionist who gives us her valuable time to answer any questions live on a Tuesday night. What more could you want. 28 works. For the first time in over 20 years I can eat with no guilt with every mouthful knowing Im looking after myself. I was worried I could not do these exercises but I had nothing to worry about they are so doable. One thing that really blows me away is that it is just 4 x 7minutes of exercise......... 28 is an unbelievable program until you try it......

Start DateFebruary 2016
Weight LostYes, I have reached my goal weight

Absolutely brilliant program - don't put it off, please try it today

I have tried a few other programs and this by far is the best! The food is fantastic (including the GF options which I cook for my husband (you can adjust pretty much all the recipes to GF), customer service excellent but best of all Sam cares deeply for 28ers! He is a realistic and genuine trainer that understands the complexities of doing programs such as these for clients that have young families. Please do yourself a favour and try 28! It's life changing. Don't forget that research shows that it can take AT LEAST 66 days to create a habit, so try to commit to 28 for at least 3 months, and if you stick with it, you'll fall in love with the new you!

Start DateOctober 2018
Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet

Don't bother!!

I joined 28 by Sam Wood recently as I have done 4 of the 8 week I quit sugar programs that use to be run by [name removed] and I was hopeful that it would be very similar as they use it to advertise a lot. Within 10 minutes of signing up I realised that it is not even close. None of the recipes have any thought or care what so ever. I have a gluten intolerance so selected the GF option (Most IQS meals were gluten free anyway) All of the recipes are either salads or meals with gluten free bread (gluten free bread is not nice). Within the 10 minutes I cancelled my subscription and contacted the support team straight away, where I was met with arrogance and 0 customer service. They would not even consider giving me a refund even though they can clearly see I had only been a customer for 10 minutes. If you are hoping it is similar to the IQS programs don't bother. If you want good customer service or have any issue at any stage (which I’m sure most will) Beware!!!

Start DateMay 2019

Great food and realistic program

The food in this program is real and delicious. You have the option to swap meals out if you don't like what's there, and it also caters for many general dietary requirements. I've tried a few different things over the years and so far, this program is the one that fits in the best with my lifestyle. Only 28mins of exercise a day - very achievable - and, once you get the hang of the meal planning/prep, cooking is easy as well.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Additional Physical Activities Cardio

A lifestyle change for real people

I've tried everything from Weight Watchers to Michelle Bridges and nothing compares to this program. Both the food and the workouts can be tailored to sujt your fitness level, goals, gender, dietary requirements and even pregnancy and breastfeeding.
The workouts are easy to stick to - 28 minutes a day is a small commitment, and can be done at home with no fancy equipment or clothing, just a pair of supportive shoes and sports bra for women.
Sam delivers real-time videos every day. He is encouraging, knows his stuff, and is strongly connected to the online community - which is also amazingly supportive. I've been on the program since 2016 and only seen a handful of clashes online. Admin is very quick to step in and manage it.
The meals are tasty and varied and don't require any great cooking skill. Ingredients can be a bit pricey to begin with, but once you've built up your pantry staples it's not bad.
Since the subscription commitment is month-by-month, I encourage anyone who wants to change their lifestyle and/or lose weight to give this program a go.

Only program I've managed to stick with!

I've tried many programs over the years and this is the only one I've managed to stick with. I find the workouts with multiple fitness levels and modifications are achievable for all. The food is simple, wholesome and recipes are easy to follow. There is 24/7 support from Sam's Crew and Sam checks in daily. Expect big results if you FOLLOW THE PROGRAM!

Realistic and manageable lifestyle program

This program is fantastic, the community of support, constant messages and reassurance from Sam himself, easy and delicious recipes that are based on whole foods that make you feel fuller for longer are what make this program so unique. The workouts are only 28 minutes and you can choose your level of rest and working time, they are achieveable and based around HIIT principles. The app is exceptionally user friendly with all your recipes, workout videos and additional information in the one place. I couldn’t recommend this program highly enough. If you don’t try it you are missing out! If you want to change your lifestyle for the better and make long term realistic changes that will impact your life for good please do your self a favour and try this program.

Great all round program - love it!

Started on the Low Impact option which suited my injuries and progressed up the levels as needed.
No calorie counting as meals are nutritionally balanced over the day/week/month. Meals are tasty and filling. Ability to swap meals based on personal likes and choose a particular diet GF, DF, vegetarian etc.
FB group has excellent support and information.
Easy to follow program via the App or website.
Teaches long term good habits.

Life changing and sustainable

This program is second to none. This is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix. Only real food that you prepare yourself. So educational and the workouts are much easier to fit in to your day at home, than finding the time to get to the gym. The support from Sam, the 28 crew & the online community tops off an amazing program. After being a member for 2.5yrs, I think I’m pretty sold on the program. Have never stuck to something for so long!

Brilliant!

Love the food, love the workouts and really really love the results - weight loss, better sleep, more energy (and amazed that I look forward to my daily workouts!)

Awesome program and community

This is a lifestyle not a diet. 28 minutes of daily exercise plus delicious food - totally sustainable! The support from the Crew is outstanding.

Sam’s Program Really Works!!!

Firstly, I lost close to 20kgs on this program! I still use it, however it is to maintain my healthy lifestyle. The meal plan is easy to follow/prepare/cook - all real food and easy for my family to follow. I love that it takes the pressure off the “what to make for my family this week” saga! The workouts are only a tiny portion of my day - I get self conscious in gyms so I can workout at home, in my daggy clothes, with my own daggy music! My kids now join in too! LOVE LOVE LOVE this program!

I actually do it!

I've been with Sam's program for about two years now and am finally seeing lines on my body I didn't know existed. Achievable exercises, the food is healthy and yum and you can modify it. The mantra is "progress not perfection", which for me makes it way more accessible.

Totally changed my life

I love the recipes and so many are family faves. Quick to cook too so no hassle after work. The exercises are totally doable and fit into your busy life so easily. Still a work in progress but happy to be in for the long haul.

A change is as good as a holiday

The food in this program has been amazing so far. Hearty, delicious and family friendly.
The exercises are well described and there are different settings to suit every fitness level as well as low impact option for injuries.
I have found the program easy to follow and when I'm unsure of something I have received prompt advice from the "Sam Crew" or from the closed FB group.
All in all, better than a gym membership and cheaper too.

The programme that’s with you through all life events!!

I cannot complement Sam and the Team enough for the great offering they give in 28. It is the total package for your Well-being, it is so easy to access, so reasonably priced!! And you get mind, body, inner body health and soul support from the amazing people and support group. A lot of us say it, but it really is the personal Sam videos and how he shares his life to help us, the down to earth approach and the beautiful 28 family that encourage each other through that makes this programme different from all the rest!
I cannot exercise right now due to bulging discs but I get enough from all the other aspects of the programme and it motivates me to build my strength to build up to the 28mins low impact!! It’s that good! Try it!!

I look and feel the best I’ve ever done!

Easy to follow plan with flexible delicious eating plan that caters for specific diets. (I’m on gluten free one) Supportive FB community group and range of fitness workout levels. This is the best programme I have ever done!!

Progress, not perfection!

Such a great wholesome program for lifestyle changes. Great support and encouragement provided by social media closed group. Yummy recipes!