CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

This works

I enjoyed the 12 weeks and found it very easy to follow. The recipes were easy and very filling, also a good variety. By sticking to the program, weighing in and sending a photo I found I was being true to myself and kept to it. Friend have asked how I have lost my weight so I have told them that they should try the program, so easy.

Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Thanks for your review and for recommending the Total Wellbeing Diet to your friends Jan. That's great to hear that you found our program easy and helped to keep you accountable.

It wasn't so bad.

I wasn't looking to diet but turning 50 this year I thought it was time to make some healthy changes. The TWD was easy to follow and the science behind the nutrition and exercise simple for anyone to follow. The diet menu is tasty and takes little time to prepare. The menu is easy to modify, and if you don't like what has been suggested its not too much trouble to rearrange. Very reasonably priced for the life habits you form.

Weight LostYes, I have exceeded my goal weight
Thanks for your positive feedback Anthony! We're glad to hear you enjoyed our program.

Why have I not found this before

I saw the CSIRO well being diet online and thought I'd give it a go. Easy to follow, good food, easy to prepare and stuck to it through the program. And now I'm on no 2 program. I feel I've found a friend. And I've lost weight and continued on.

Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Thanks for your review Anna, we're glad to hear you've found a friend in the Total Wellbeing Diet! Feel free to contact our team if you have any questions while on Program 2: https://help.totalwellbeingdiet.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Easy to follow and happy so far!

I joined the program 3 months ago so I have completed my first 12 weeks. The program is easy to follow and have lost about half of the weight I originally set out to lose. The food is ample and I find I can't always eat the entire days allowance.
I have now started on Program 2 in the hope of losing the remainder of my weight and to maintain it!
I enjoy the food and the recipes are easy to follow.
I recommend this program to anyone who wants to learn how to eat a balanced diet, and to lose weight at the same time! I have also reached a point in my exercising where it is no longer an effort and I quite enjoy it!

Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Thanks for your review Debbie42, we're glad to hear that you have found our menu plans to be substantial, and are now enjoying your exercise! All the best with Program 2.

Give it a try!

I was convinced by a friend to join the 12 week program with promise of how delicious the food was and how easy it was to follow. This is all true and it also gets results! I have not felt hungry at all and have enjoyed the simplicity of knowing your protein, veg etc allowances each day. I have a little more to lose so have now signed on for program 2. I encourage people to give it a try!

Additional Physical Activities Sport
Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Thanks for sharing your review Georgina (and to your friend for convincing you!). All the best with Program 2 and feel free to contact our team if you have any questions along the way: https://help.totalwellbeingdiet.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I joined the WBD with the cost of $199.00. I was using a tablet to join. I then went to the desktop computer to log in to the program and it wouldn't let me in telling me that i had used the wrong password or login. I tried several times to get back into the program but it just will not let me. I have tried to use the forgotten password page and im promised an email with a link to change but this does not work. I have called the number given 0282948260 which tells you how to make changes and how to cancel the account but to do this you have to log inand no one has called me back. All i want is to get on with the program i see all of these good reviews but at this moment i think it sucks.

Start DateMay 2019
Additional Physical Activities None
Hi Jeff, We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble logging into your account and getting in touch with our Member Services team. To allow our team to assist you further, please contact support@totalwellbeingdiet.com and we will be able to assist you getting logged in to your membership.

Excellent program

I loved this program for several reasons. The meals were filling. I never felt hungry. The recipes tasted great and had good variety. They were also common-sense, they really make an effort to minimise wastage and make sure you're using the ingredients you buy. The recipes are quick and simple, and easy to make after a long day at work. The material and program educated me about how to eat properly, even when I'm not on the program. The weigh-in and measurements provided nice visual progress markers which I found motivational. I liked that there was no mention of calories, and it was all focussed on nutrition. I found that my gut health improved, my skin improved, and I lost weight.

Additional Physical Activities Cardio and Weightlifting
Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Hi jonesr, we're glad to hear you enjoyed the food group approach of the Total Wellbeing Diet.

Thank you!

I have always been a healthy eater, but since the onset of menopause a few years ago, I have gradually put on about 5 kilos. I have never really dieted before and was interested by the fact that this is a science based programme to eat a healthy well balanced diet combined with exercise. Even though in week 5 of the programme I tore my MCL in my knee while on a Skiing holiday and was unable to do any exercise for the remainder of the 12 week programme, I slowly and progressively lost weigh by sticking to the menu. It took me an extra 2 weeks to get to my goal of losing 5.5kg. This programme works by eating a healthy well balanced diet that is scientifically designed to suit your lifestyle and goal. I have already recommended it to 2 people and will recommend it to everyone I can who wants to make a difference to their health. I don't think I have ever actually eaten the volume of food that this programme requires you to eat, which keeps you full and stops the desire to snack between meals. This has been an amazingly positive experience. Thank you.

Weight LostYes, I have reached my goal weight
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review Yvonne P, this really is appreciated. We're sorry to hear about your injury, but happy to hear of your progress on our program!

Weight Loss

What a fantastic program easy to follow and best of all RESULTS! I have always struggled but managed well on this journey, thanks CSIRO I couldn't fault you. Plus as a bonus I was refunded my initial payment as I stuck with the program so WIN WIN for me! Thanks

Weight LostYes, I have reached my goal weight
Hi Tina, Thanks for sharing your review and you are very welcome! Congratulations on reaching your goal and receiving the refund.

A gift of wellness

I found that if I followed the plan I didn’t feel hungry or that I was missing out on ‘treats’. I found it easy to follow the program, it was flexible and there was a great variety to select from.

Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Hi BarbYates, thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

A healthy weight loss program that is achieveable and maintainable

The recipes in the program are easy to make and don't take heaps of ingredients. They aren't complicated and the whole family eat the same thing. There is plenty of variety. You can still drink coffee!!! It is maintainable. There are a number of different options for exercise that could suit different types of people. Ultimately the program is about changing lifestyle in a way... for me it was no exercise to some exercise. Large portion size to smaller. THe knowledge of how much of different food groups is helpful and scientific whilst not time consuming weighing everything out or counting kj or calories. THe program has lots of ways to help you succeed eg a tracking system. A menu to follow. Lots of recipe choices. Posting a photo privately each week. Weighing in each week privately. A private fb group for support! These things all help you to be accountable and succeed. AND you can do it all in your own home! The reward scheme of getting a refund if you complete the program and make a loss was highly motivating too. If you are thinking about it give it a go.

Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Thanks for sharing your review Marian L. We're glad to hear you were able to adjust to a healthier lifestyle with the help of the Total Wellbeing Diet!

12 Week Meal plan rather than a diet

I just finished 12 weeks of this program and lost 7kg. It was easy to follow, I never felt hungry & loved having the heathly meal options at my fingertips. Sometimes I planned a few days in advance with shopping and meal prep but when life got in the way, I loved having the recipes on my phone so I could call in & purchase the food for the meals on my home which eliminated me having to come up with a (probably unhealthy/convenient) dinner option. We are a family of 6 & all had the same dinners, although sometimes I would add a carb option for everyone else. Definitely recommend it, especially if you are busy and hate coming up with dinner options Every. Single. Day!

Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Thanks Acornacorn1! Congratulations on your results after the first 12-weeks.

Very achievable for busy mum

The recipes were simple fresh and yummy. Easy to make. I added past or rice for my son and partner. After a while my partner even dropped the carbs at dinner as he felt he didn’t need them as I was getting results and losing weight. I loved the resistance workout that I could do at home before everyone woke up. Saved me any gym expense and time I didn’t have. Great program!

Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Thanks for your review Melissa. We always love hearing how our members adjust the program to make it work for them!

Life changing diet

Food is plentiful and tasty. Menu plans are easy to follow and effective and all the ingredients are readily available.
Daily/weekly indulgences are great to keep you from giving up.
I lost 8kg and 14 cm off my waist. I feel lighter and more energetic. My cholesterol has dropped dramatically to a safe level.
I’ve just started Program 2 to lose the last 6.5 kg.
Requirements for the full refund for Program 1 were not difficult and tracking weekly weight/photo was motivating.

Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Thank you for your review Katie. We're happy to hear that you will be continuing your journey with us over Program 2!

Easy, Healthy, nutritious program that works!~

I was so surprised at the meal sizes, this is not a diet but a way of life. I loved the whole program, and not having to think about the menu, it's all there for you. Love the tracker that kept me on track, and the regular weigh ins with the graph. I thought I was eating healthy before, but I realised I must of had my protein and carbs mixed up - whatever it was, the dieticians on this program have it all sorted - as I lost weight from week 1. Awesome job guys loved the food, the tools, the support - love the compliments I get from people with my weight loss.

Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Thanks for your feedback Sue. You are very welcome!

Best EVER Diet

I can't call this a diet, I prefer to call it Healthy Eating Plan. The meals are delicious, easy to prepare and all ingredients are easy to find in the supermarket.

Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Thanks Kim, we're happy to hear that you're enjoying your new healthy eating plan!

Something which works and just makes sense

I have lost over 18kg and centimetres off my waist following this great program. The online services make it easy to follow, the food is uncomplicated and after a while it just becomes common sense. The first few weeks I was hungry but that settled down quickly as my body adjusted. With a full refund if you lose weight and follow the simple rules what have you got to lose other than weight!

Weight LostYes, I have exceeded my goal weight
That's right Mark E, nothing to lose but the weight! Thanks for sharing your progress with us.

Finally - a diet that worked for me.

The first decision I made was to try to follow the diet exactly. I assumed that this would be difficult. It wasn't.
It stopped me from irregular and casual eating outside mealtimes. This was a great bonus to my weight loss.
Although there were times when I felt a little hungry, it was not the severe hunger that previous diets have given me.
There was a huge variety in the types of foods that I was allowed. Meals were mostly very quick and easy to prepare - and tasty.
Some "comfort foods" that other diets ban were allowed (in small amounts).
A huge advantage was the flexibility that was allowed in swapping meals. This greatly helped the planning of meals, the ability to prepare meals that were desired and the occasional "eating out" experiences.
I lost just on 15 kg in the first 12 weeks with another 15kg to go to my target weight. My weight loss was consistent on this diet - averaging about 1.2 kg per week.
I haven't been this weight for over 15 years and fortunately, I kept all my clothes and they are all fitting me again. It is like a new life.

Additional Physical Activities Sport
Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Hi John L, thanks for sharing your review. What a result you have experienced in the first 12 weeks! All the best as you progress toward your goal.

Good Diet and gets results

This diet is probably one of the best and easiest to follow. The meals are good and your get results from week one. The tools it gives you along the way are also very helpful in achieving your goals. I lost 9.6 kg in 12 weeks and will get a full refund so it’s all good. The diet makes you realise that carbs and sugar are the main things that cause weight gain and protein consumption is the way to weight loss and control. Try it...you’ve got nothing to loose but the kilos.

Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Hi Adam D, Congratulations on your progress on the 12-week program.Just received my full $199.00 refund today so I’m very happy..

This program works.

I lost almost 5 kg in 12 weeks, but would have lost a lot more if I had stuck to the limit on indulgences/wines, which was my big weakness. If you stick to the program it works. After the big loss in the first week or two it settles to a steady .5 to 1 kg a week loss. My fit bit scales tell me I have lost fat and gained 1.9 kg of muscle, so I'm assuming the difference is actually 6.9kg of fat loss. I didn't do any of the recommended exercises on the program but I did start walking 4 or 5 days a week. After a few weeks I joined a COTA exercise program, aimed at preserving muscle and increasing balance in the older person. My total weight loss wasn't huge, but I didn't have a lot to lose. I am now at the top end of the healthy BMI for my height with a BMI of 24.9, and my shape is noticeably different/ slimmer. I was on the gut health plan and it certainly made a difference to my gut well being. I found the meals very large and struggled to eat all that was required. I tried new recipes and ate foods I probably wouldn't have otherwise. I'm not very computer savvy, but I found the on line program very user friendly. The tracker, the menu, recipes, weighing in, are all very easy. When I had a query I was given answers in a polite and timely way from support staff. The Facebook Support Group is absolutely amazing. I've re-joined for a second 12 weeks and I am on the Protein diet. I am currently 71.5 kg and my ultimate aim is 68 kg. I thoroughly recommend CSIRO TWD. After a week or 2 of getting to know the diet and the site, it becomes easy. Planning ahead and getting organised are key. This is not a diet but a way of eating which is sustainable in the long term.

Additional Physical Activities Cardio and Weightlifting
Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet
Hi Jacqui, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Congratulations on your progress, it certainly sounds like you have changed your lifestyle for the better.

I was in the very first launch of the program and I lost a few kgs but also put on a few. I now need to loose about 6kgs. Since completing the program I have discovered that I am FODMAP sensitive. Does the Program 2 cater for someone like me.
hi Elaine , I cant help you with Program 2. I only completed the first program but I believe a focus on protein and fresh fruit and veg it could help. good luck .Hi Elaine, Although the Total Wellbeing Diet has been designed to be suitable for a large proportion of the population, it may not be suitable for individuals with specific conditions, allergies or intolerance's which would be best treated with specialist, individualised advice. At this time we do not have a FODMAP friendly program available. We do have meal swap options available which can help you customise your menu plan based on your food preferences, however we do not have the option to create a menu plan based on intolerance's or allergies. You also have the ability to make food substitutions once you’ve added your menu plan to the Food & Exercise Diary. Additionally you can substitute your own recipes to suit your tastes and preferences, simply use your Food & Exercise diary to record the recipe and keep an eye on your Food Units. We do recommend that you always speak with your Doctor or Health Professional before commencing any weight loss program.

You have a low carb recipe book and low carb plan book form. Will you eventually incorporate this way of eating with your online plan?
Hi Ingrid S, thanks for your question. Unfortunately there is not currently an online version of the low carb diet. Currently, only the Total Wellbeing Diet is available as an online program; including high protein, low GI meals. Please note that the Total Wellbeing Diet and Low Carb Diet are two different programs. While they both utilise a food group approach, the food groups and quantities are different between each program.

Do the menus cater for a single person. Also are there cook ahead and freeze meals because i work full time as well as a second business after hours. Thanks
Yes, menus are individual servings and some menus are 2 servings to cater for the same meal later in the week. Some of the breakfasts are serve 4 because you have it 4 times over the week. I run my own business and manage to prepare meals in advance, swap meals when the suggested meal won’t work. Definitely still requires effort and planning, but I have managed it for past five months without any issues. There are many options. Highly flexible. I’m enjoying the TWB program and getting results.Hi RozB, thanks for your question. As Ross D has said, meals are individual servings, with some serving more than 1 to include a leftover later in the week. There are a range of different meals available in your meal swap lists to make sure you can select meals that are suitable for your schedule. The program will require some time and effort to plan, however we try to minimise this with our pre-prepared menu plans, meal swaps, shopping lists and integration with Woolworths online. Feel free to contact our support team if you have any questions: https://help.totalwellbeingdiet.com/hc/en-usthanks everyone that is very useful

Total Wellbeing Diet