My Muscle Chef

Food review

This Sydney food company rocks! I am very impressed with the quality and taste of their food. Also their food is not frozen , it is vacuum pack. Very happy Melbourne customer and I will recommend .

Taste
Start DateAugust 2019
Additional Physical Activities Cardio and Sport
Meal Plans(s)Couples Lunch & Dinner Pack and Weight Loss
Thanks for your positivity, Adriani! We really appreciate it.

Genuinely great tasting meals, and super convenient

For ready meals these taste great, i can tailor to my macros, and they are incredibly convenient.

Custom service is really good too; i had an issue with 1 meal packaging and they credited me $20 immediately.

Very pleased

Taste
Start DateJuly 2019
Meal Plans(s)Performance
Thanks for your review! Our Customer Support team are always here to help.

Picky eater, surprisingly satisfied

I've done multiple pre prepared meal offerings, but I've always disliked something; too many filler veggies, processed chicken, tasteless.
My Muscle Chef surprised me greatly. Tasty, filling, chicken is on point (really important for me), good balance of a meal. These are now my go-to lunch and dinner meals.

Taste
We're thrilled to hear our meals satisfy your preferences, Rhi!

Converted!

I have only had 3 dishes so far and all were awesome. After 1 day, I have placed my order for next week and look forward to a new menu!

Taste
Start DateAugust 2019
Meal Plans(s)Weight Loss

Great value, fantastic quality and awesome customer service

I was pretty skeptical about spending ~$10 per meal twice a day, but after the first order I was a total convert.
The quality of the meals is phenomenal, I've tried other brands like Youfoodz and Powercore, both of which really lack freshness and balanced flavour. Every meal tastes like something I'd make myself, and as a competent cook my standards were pretty high. The meat is lean but so tender, veggies crisp and pasta/rice not at all overcooked when reheated.
The packaging is slick and safely travels in my backpack to work.
I used to spend half my Sunday prepping my meals lunches for the week and I was not only exhausted from doing this, the macros weren't nearly as good and I got bored from eating the same thing day in and day out. I have a long commute, so being able to just grab a meal out of the fridge and be sat down eating a satisfying meal within 5-10mins of getting home has seriously changed my life.
Takes a few weeks to figure out which flavours are best, but I can safely say I've tried 80% of them now and only disliked one or two due to personal preference.
Pulled Chicken Tacos seem like a random idea but are SO fun and delicious. All the curries have a super authentic flavour without the heavy ghee/cream base.
The 550-600cal meals are BIG and super filling, and each meal is really calorie efficient so whatever plan you're on, you'll be as full as can be.
As somebody who struggled with the mental toll of calorie counting, having nutritionally balanced meals that are delicious and consistent has really helped me eat well without stress.
I was also really impressed with the delivery options, as I live rurally I don't have heaps of options.
10/10 would recommend to anybody, regardless of your goals. This is just really damn good food.
Cheers to Viet in customer service for always providing a prompt and helpful reply!

Taste
Start DateJune 2019
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder
Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with this comprehensive and extremely valuable feedback, Han! We are absolutely overjoyed to hear that you have had a positive experience with our meals and service. Our team work extremely hard to ensure that tasty yet macro-balanced meals are put into customers hands, even if they live rurally. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are excited to continue providing you with exciting new meals and other incentives.

Fantastic meals

I've just received my 1st order from My Muscle Chef and was quite pleasently suprised at how good the food is and the portion sizes are generous. It makes my day alot easier being able to have these meals with less mess of having to cook them myself. I have these for lunch and are so filling I find myself have alot less for dinner. There are also so many different meals to choose from including vegetarian, low carb and high protein. I would definitely recommend this especially if your life is on the go or you have very little time in your day.

Taste
Start DateAugust 2019
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder
Thank you for taking time out of your day to send us this positive review, Ellie! We are overjoyed to hear that you enjoy our range and cannot wait to surprise and delight you with more exciting additions to the menu.

DAT FLAVOURRRRR

I've tried a few different meal prep companies, these are easily the best! They are tasty, varied, filling, and nutritious. For anyone looking for healthy food that brings the flavour, look no further.

Taste
Start DateMay 2019
Meal Plans(s)Performance and Weight Loss
We really value your positive feedback, Mikhail! Proud to support you in your everyday lifestyle.

Good customer service

Fast and reliable customer service, tasty meals with good macros so you can build your plan around your own goals. Tasted other brands and these take the cake for taste

Thank you for your positive feedback, Mich! We really appreciate it.

Omg these meals are amazing

I was doing lite and easy which was great but to many carbs for me . My muscles meals are so incredibly delicious, every meal is so taste. Well done you have wine me over and your price point is excellent as well .

Taste
Start DateAugust 2019
Meal Plans(s)Weight Loss
We are thrilled to hear that our meals have been a good fit for you, Lou Lou! Stay tuned for more excitingly tasty additions to the menu coming soon...

Great flavour, great value and great service!

I have tried a few different food services, but none offers the great tasting food that Muscle chef does. You can tell that the people behind the recipes enjoy food just as much as I do and understand that healthy meals don't need to be bland.

Taste
Start DateJune 2019
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder
Hey Danella, thank you for your positive feedback. Our chefs are constantly innovating and recognise that healthy food should not only be nutritionally balanced, but full of flavour!

Yummy food

I switched from another well-reputed competitor of yours and I am pleasantly surprised.

Your food is yummier and providing me with the necessary information on the micronutrients and calories. My two suggestions for your consideration are:
1. A sticker on the meal for the day number will help me sort out and stack the meals in an orderly manner. Alternatively maybe bundling the meals of the day in a pack will make the stacking even easier for me.
2. Options for the snacks and fruit. I miss these.

Taste
Start DateJuly 2019
Additional Physical Activities Cardio, Sport and Weightlifting
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder
Thank you for your suggestions, Pushapwant! We are currently working hard to increase our range of meals and offer more variety for valued customers like yourself. Be sure to check our Facebook & Instagram pages to stay in the loop for new product development updates.

Very tasty healthy food, first impressions were tainted by delivery fail

We are really enjoying the meals from Muscle Chef. The flavour is great and both my husband and I feel full after. It's so convenient for two busy professionals. My only criticism of them is in regards to the delivery. We were meant to have it delivered on Wednesday morning. I called Wed arvo when no delivery had arrived. Apparently the street number had dropped off and they were to re-deliver. However no call was received to advise of this issue. I wonder had I not called, what would have happened. A credit was applied to our account for the mistake, however it wasn't a great first impression.

Taste
Start DateAugust 2019
Additional Physical Activities None
Timely DeliveryNo
Meal Plans(s)Weight Loss
Hi Jacinda, thank you for your feedback. We are constantly striving to improve correspondence with our external courier company, and will ensure a smoother and more transparent delivery process from hereon.

Excellent food. Excellent service.

I’ve been using this service for only a short time and I’m absolutely amazed with the quality of food, the nutrition and how easy it is. I get these meals for work and it allows me to not have to worry about what to eat on my breaks again. All I do is put a meal in the microwave for 2 minutes and it’s done! The food is very delicious and high in protein which is what I need.

Customer service of the support staff is impeccable. They will help you if you have any questions and queries. I’m very satisfied every time.

One of my mates recommended this service and I’m glad he did. Highly recommend this if you are time poor and want effortless nutrition.

Taste
Start DateJune 2019
Additional Physical Activities None
Timely DeliveryYes
Thanks for your kind words, Kevin! Our Customer Support team are truly dedicated to ensuring that you enjoy a seamless experience with MYMC.

Vegan options are all amazing

I have tried other companies, but your vegan options are the best. I hope you start adding more vegan options to the menu. And the seitan is by far the best of the best. Keep up the good work 10/10. I subscribed to vegan plan but your dropdown does not recognise that.

Taste
Start DateJuly 2019
Meal Plans(s)Vegetarian Pack
We're thrilled that you enjoy our vegan range, Mariep! We hope to create more plant-based options for you to enjoy in future.

The most delicious premade meals.

- Food is filling. Macros are balanced and high protein.
- Taste: other companies have a greasy, oily taste. MMC tastes fresh, and like how I would make it at home. Not underseasoned. But not overseasoned, so you can adjust tastes.
- The delivery is 5 days. This is the only downside. I really wish they had a 3-day turnaround, as I can't predict my consumption due to irregular eating schedules. I live in Melbourne, inner-city.
- Once my box was stolen and they replaced the box with no hassles. To be fair, they probably could've gotten away without replacing the box. It's not their fault the box was stolen, but I do appreciate that they did.
- The meals are more expensive, but I think worth the money. I wouldn't buy any other meal service :)

Taste
Start DateJune 2019
Timely DeliveryNo
Thank you for your comprehensive review, Lauren! Our chefs work hard to create healthy meals that deliver on both taste and nutrition. We will pass your feedback on delivery cycle to the wider team.

Honestly the Best

I've ordered a bunch of the premade meals through companies over the years. Most were ok to good. The worst I can say about MMC is the worst one is damn good

Taste
Start DateJuly 2019
Meal Plans(s)Couples Lunch & Dinner Pack and Muscle Gain
Thank you for your feedback, Holland!

Best ready to eat meals!

Ordered meals about 2 weeks ago and were delivered to Perth within days which was excellent. I must say all the meals are great from a flavor perspective. The fact that they are fresh is great as I hate re-heated frozen food. They are the best ready to eat meals i have tasted. Great size (400g+) for lunches each day. Highly recommended.

Taste
Start DateJuly 2019
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder
Hi Daniel, thanks so much for your review! We're excited to continue providing you with healthy meals that are full of flavour.

I can’t rave about then enough!

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever loved eating healthy, calorie controlled meals as much as I do with My Muscle Chef. I used to be a customer of 5.4 who went out of business and Muscle Chef bought the customer base and offered me an incentive to join as a customer. I am so glad I did! The meals are so tasty, they rotate the range very regularly and the quality is just outstanding. I haven’t cooked a home cooked meal in months, I’m feeling healthier and have a lot more time on my hands thanks to these meals!

Taste
Start DateMarch 2019
Meal Plans(s)Performance
We can't thank you enough for your positive feedback, Matt! We're proud to continue offering you exciting new additions to the menu and look forward to being your source of nutrition.

You haven't tasted flavour and freshness like this

I always wanted to try prepared food like this, but was wary of cost and quality. Well I was hooked from the first taste. I'm very impressed with the full flavour, freshness and variety. The very clear nutritional info is cool, and I do love the vac packs. No more meal prep for me. Great varieties to choose from and I choose what is suitable for my goals, and my wallet thanks me. Thanks guys, great stuff.

Taste
Start DateJune 2019
Meal Plans(s)Performance
Thanks, Steve for your feedback. We will make sure we pass this onto the Chef.

If you're on the fence, DO IT!

I've been on the fence about this sort of thing for a long time, thinking surely its not worth it,
the meals would be ordinary at best and I'd regret my decision. Now that I've jumped on board
all I regret is not doing it sooner! everything is so fresh and delicious and leaves you feeling content
and ready to rock and roll!

Taste
Start DateJuly 2019
Additional Physical Activities Cardio, Sport and Weightlifting
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder
We are happy to help Blake! Cheers!