A Table for Six

A Table for Six

See the Best Dating Agencies in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dean G.

Dean G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gone downhill, now a scam

Concept great, did this a couple of years ago. Upon returning two years later completely gone downhill. There is no attempt to properly match with like people, just for you to fill numbers so they can charge you a fee to go to dinner, on top of the one off exoribant fee. Stay away!

Fabulous concept and opportunity

Total Scam

Scam, waste of time and money

This is a scam and waste of money. There was no option to pay by the month only paying for a year - $299. I did not get to use the service because they did not organise any events and when they did I had to keep contacting them to see if I was able to go to organise my life around it but found out it was cancelled when they eventually got back to me. They would not give me a refund - even half - saying there was an apparent cooling off period but how can you make a decision and cancel without giving some time to organise an event? Don’t use this service. I had to give one star as it wouldn’t allow me not to put anything. 0 stars.

Aquarius

AquariusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great night Christmas in July

Dawn

DawnQueensland

Not what it’s made out to be

I only rate AT46 one star because that is the lowest I can rate it A table for six offers the chance to meet off line. Well first off despite registering for most dinners in my age bracket I was lucky to get invited to one a month Sometimes I fitted into more than one age group And despite registering for three dinners on one night still didn’t get an invite. The final straw came when after being told there were no more booking fees they suddenly decided to reintroduce booking fees without informing me. I have had a few enjoyable evenings with AT46 but the experience definitely did not live up to expectations based on their advertising. All in all a big disappointment

Michelle

MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful Experience

New to AT46

New to AT46Sydney, NSW

Best way to spend a Saturday night!

Annie

AnnieSouth East Queensland, QLD

DON'T DO IT!!!!

Jonathan K

Jonathan KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect!

I'm glad I found A Table for Six, we're lucky to have this. I only go once a month or so because you can meet up again with people you've met. So far I've met some nice ladies they seem to match you up quite well. Next weekend it's a bike ride up the mountain and out west of Brisbane. She's maybe early 50s I guess but I'm no spring chicken I'm 59. The money side doesn't worry me, I like it for the people.

Money for nothing

Biggest scam ripping off innocent singke people which a current affair should investigate

ConnedSydney, NSW

What dinners? Promises. Promises.

What did I pay $499 12 months ago for. Constantly being ignored. 3 dinners in 8 months. The first part of my membership was on hold due to unexpected surgery.
I expected more of [name removed].

The restaurant and company were excellent

This was a most enjoyable relaxing evening with excellent company and the staff at this restaurant were excellent. They even split our bill for us and we all paid individually, saved us working out how much we had to pay

Wonderful opportunity to meet people

Thank you to Margaret and her team for carefully planning and arranging well thought out groups of people who come together as strangers and leave as friends. I have attended a couple of dinners and each dinner has provided me with the opportunity to get to know people in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. The restaurants are always great quality and the company even better!

Diane T.

Diane T.South East Queensland, QLD

Great way to make new friends whilst looking for a mate

I was a bit sceptical at first but i am so happy i joined a few months ago. It is so much better than a dating website where you are lucky to actually meet a potential partner at all. In a few months i have been invited to 4 dinner parties and attended 3. It is such a relaxed way to meet people without the usual awkwardness of a one on one with a stranger where you dont feel any attraction. With 6 to 8 persons attending, i have made some great friends both male and female. This is just the best way to look for a potential partner.

Enjoyable dinner, enjoyable conversation

Steve H.

Steve H.Sydney, NSW

Great night on the town

Last Saturday evening I was invited to dine at an exclusive restaurant in the city with some like minded Sydney siders. The group had immediate rapport as we shared great conversation delicious Italian cuisine & a some select wine. The night flew by and while some of our party headed home after dinner a few of us headed out for a night cap & dancing. The company was most enjoyable. We dined and chatted in a relaxed safe environment and I hope to catch up with at least one of our party again the near future. My faith in dinner parties with complete strangers has been restored. Thank you Margaret for a great night on the town. Looking forward to the next table for six outing.

Megan S

Megan SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Be positive and you will have a positive experience! Megan Brisbane

I am new to BRISBANE and found A Table for Six excellent for experiencing great restaurants in different suburbs and meeting new people. I have had 2 gentlemen express interest in meeting again and had lunch with one nice gentleman. I have been to at least 6 dinners and had some very pleasant evenings. Get out and be positive and you’ll have a good time !

THY1209

THY1209Canberra 2600, ACT

Very very very ordinary!!!!

After paying for two months and requesting to attend a dinner every week for that time, I was invited to ZERO DINNERS! This experience was terrible. I did request a refund for giving them money for "NOTHING". I have received one response saying they would prioritise me that week, and surprise, surprise - Nothing happened! I sent a further email requesting a refund. No response again! I cancelled my membership today and have lost in total $120 down the drain! after they have taken another $35 out of my account. A SCAM! A waste of money! both I expect.

Linda

Lindaasked

I've been very interested in joining however the reviews are terrible ? Is this really true ?
Linda

AT46 Female Member
AT46 Female Member

Hi Linda. Yes I heard that also. But I have found that it was largely due to perhaps unfounded expectations. I would recommend that you contact Margaret and discuss your concerns with her direct.

Aquarius

Aquariusasked

I have been to a few events with A Table for Six so far I have enjoyed myself and have met some lovely members. Question (1) What is your selection process for dinner membership?
(2) How does everyone avoid the trolls who write such awful reviews?

Lois McKellar

The trolls wouldn’t write such awful reviews if they got the opportunity to go out for dinner which is what they pay their membership for. Dinner with other diners is lovely, that is not the issue. The issue is paying membership to be included in dinners, which often doesn’t happen.

Conned

Totally agree with you Lois. I find it impossible to get invites to dinners and it’s frustrating and I feel ripped off. Constantly being overlooked when I know others are successful is soul destroying and it was a lot of money I spent for virtually zilch. The excuses are always the same. If there is a shortage of men stop taking innocent women’s money.

Bel

Belasked

Table for six do you think you have met your monthly contractual obligation if a person applies for two dinners per week and gets invited to no dinners that month which is my experience with you.

Ian
Ian

Hi Bel: In general I get into most dinner in my age group, but that seems to be with males as there do not seem to be many males compared with females. Don't know what age group you are in. But I do like the meet ups I have had with Table for six but not like the new web page Ian

Get an answer from our members and A Table for Six representatives