Avan Australia

Avan Australia

See the Best Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Deion T.

Deion T.Illawarra, NSW

Avan Nowra appalling

Croc

CrocAU

It says on the side “proudly made in Australia “ !!

Water condenses on the aluminium roof edge then down the corner spring rotting out the corner timber. The end result is the spring forcing the corner of the van apart.
Timber is untreated in any way to resist water or rot most of the screws , staples are partly or completely rusted away . The timber is made by joining little bits together too cheap to use a decent piece of timber
We love the avan concept but hate the shoddy way it has been made

Ian Symons

Ian SymonsGippsland, VIC

Good warranty service

The gears in one of the Alko stabilizer legs shattered and I rang Avan Pakenham and spoke to Frances. She arranged for a replacement to be couriered to Mudgee so I could replace it.
Great service.

jayshayMurray Region, NSW

warranty

had a problem with the exterior of my 5year plus infinity .the repair is better than new .many thanks to Marty and the staff at pakenham regards Richard Shalders Highly recommended

Saints58

Saints58Sydney, NSW

Nothing much as changed. Avan's after sales service is still appalling.

Car Lover

Car Lover

Love the Motorhome, service disgusting

Too many issues about the service at AVAN Adelaide to write about, I don't have the time. The motorhome is great had a few minor warranty issues and trying to have them fixed has been one drama after another. I have reported them to ACCC and consumer affairs after being asked to sign a waiver for them to dodgy something up whilst being covered by warranty. Phoned them seven times today and left two messages without answer or reply. Would I buy another AVAN? No..only because of lack of service.

Jenny W

Jenny WSydney, NSW

Bad service

Sue Rankin

Sue RankinSydney, NSW

Prospective Customer, should I or should I not !

My husband and I are considering purchasing the Aspire 563 within the next few weeks, I emailed the Avan's head office asking a few questions about the height of the van because we want to fit it under a carport but as yet have not had a reply, we have spoken to a salesperson at two different dealerships and been given two different answers. There seems to be a LOT of bad reviews about Avan, should we give this company a miss and start to look at another brand, has anyone got anything positive to say about Avan Caravans ! !

Margo

MargoSouth West, WA

Excellent Service

We recently purchased an Aspire 587-1. The journey from start to finish has been amazing. We purchased through Premier Avan in Osborne Park and their Bunbury office. The Customer Service has been sensational with everyone we have dealt with. No issues with the van to date. It's very well finished, tows well and is light interior making it lovely to be in. Thanks to the team Levi in Osborne Park, Ryan and Mark in Bunbury.

Falling apart

Every time I take my OWEN caravan out another piece falls off it has only done 2000 klm.
This van must be a Friday afternoon job.
The door lock has broken twice, the TV blew up on the second use.
Today I'm putting up the overhead cupboard as it fell off the wall when the screws ripped out of the wall.
Bad workmanship and poor quality control, these are just a few of the problems there are to many to list.
I will never recommend an A van or purchase another ever again.

Jim D

Jim D

Considering an Avan? Look elsewhere!!

Love it to death

Thanks to Levi and Herman. Motorhome met all our requirements few minor hiccups confident they will be fixed Pam and Kim thumbs up.

xyang

xyang

Bad quality and bad services

We bought a brand new 2018 Avan Cruiser 1D and just had our first trip. The refrigerator never worked properly, not cold enough or not cold at all.
The microwave set on fire itself, we couldn't believe the the ring and glass plate inside the microwave burnt and melt. The cabinet door broke and can't close properly, the inside locker dropped off. Worse, you get no reply from Avan (NSW) and people there are hardly reachable. Really don't know what should I do.

Denny

DennyPakenham

Happy Camper

I bought a 2011 Cruise liner and found the seals perishing. Contacted Avan customer service and found them to be knowledgeable and they handled my query promptly (the new seals arrived two days later).

Comedy of Errors - AVAN/Golf Savannah 637 purchased new in 2016

stuart

stuartGold coast

Bad Workmanship, Customer service almost non existent to the point of totally having complaint ema

Steve P

Steve PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality and design faults

Doris

DorisUlladulla

Incompetent salesperson

Avan Nowra has a terrible sales manager. He lied through his teeth in saying he could supply us a van by our holiday date which was several months ahead. Also inclusions promised were just not there when we came to take delivery of the van. We then had to wait several more weeks for parts to arrive. We had to keep on to him to remind him to order the parts and half of the time he wasnt there so we had to leave messages for him. He rarely returned our calls. Terrible communication. Would not recommend this particular location.

This is the lemon product of my lifetime

Brought the Avan Francis in 2015 February. It has turned out to be the worst investment of my 70 odd years.
If Avan Management would have the courtesy to contact me I will give the long list of incidents that have occurred with this van eg. Bumper bar falling off, fridge coming out from compartment.

Pat and Tess

Pat and Tesswollongong

Golf caravan Bomaderry

Bought a golf van 2 years ago and still getting great after sales service and fantastic knowledge of product and how to improve the use of it. Staff were excellent in particular Ralph

DebN

DebNasked

I have an Avan Ray . Could you please tell me what the Anderson plug does? Is it charging the battery or for running the fridge? How do I run the fridge from the battery or is it not possible? I have tried switching it to the 12 volt after already cooling it by 240v but it doesn't seem to keep cold. I would like to be able to run the fridge from the battery when I free camp in the future but how do I achieve this?

jayshay

Usually only to run the fridge.

Russ Dyer

Russ Dyerasked

I have an avan aspire 555 off road pack with independent suspension.
When I asked the dealer at Morisset where the jacking point was he pointed to a pad welded to the chassis about 600 mm in front of the wheels.
Because of the travel with independent suspension it is usual to jack the suspension arm and not the chasis and certainly not in front of the wheels.
Is there a correct location where the jack and the extension piece should be positioned so it cant slip off

Klaus

Klausasked

Can someone please explain to me what the bit at the end of a lot of these reviews about "Return claim made. Yes/No" means? What is a return claim and how does one make one? Thanks in advance from another very disappointed customer.

jayshay

If you an issue with your van contact Avan as I have..Repairs were made far exceeding my expectations.Thanks Avan..regard Richard S Tocumwal 2714

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

CategoryVehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops