Avan Australia

Avan Australia

2.1

A-Van Cruiseliner A/C almost completely ineffective

Bad

Brought our Aspire 587 from Nowra had issues with service and rude salesman after purchase .Spoke to guy i brought it from at Rosehill Caravan camping show about a few issues and the bloke couldn't give two crap once he took my money .
I had awning replaced and they squeezed the lighting strip and it wouldn't work . Had dramas booking it in again so went to Penrith dealer and they were awesome fixed it on the spot .Nowra never again Penrith cant recommend highly enough .

john hangerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fell apart

Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Find out how Avan Australia compares to other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Honest purchaser

Honest purchaserIllawarra, NSW

Avan Nowra appalling

Croc

CrocAU

It says on the side “proudly made in Australia “ !!

Water condenses on the aluminium roof edge then down the corner spring rotting out the corner timber. The end result is the spring forcing the corner of the van apart.
Timber is untreated in any way to resist water or rot most of the screws , staples are partly or completely rusted away . The timber is made by joining little bits together too cheap to use a decent piece of timber
We love the avan concept but hate the shoddy way it has been made

Ian Symons

Ian SymonsGippsland, VIC

Good warranty service

The gears in one of the Alko stabilizer legs shattered and I rang Avan Pakenham and spoke to Frances. She arranged for a replacement to be couriered to Mudgee so I could replace it.
Great service.

jayshay

jayshayMurray Region, NSW

warranty

had a problem with the exterior of my 5year plus infinity .the repair is better than new .many thanks to Marty and the staff at pakenham regards Richard Shalders Highly recommended

Saints58

Saints58Sydney, NSW

Nothing much as changed. Avan's after sales service is still appalling.

Car Lover

Car Lover

Love the Motorhome, service disgusting

Too many issues about the service at AVAN Adelaide to write about, I don't have the time. The motorhome is great had a few minor warranty issues and trying to have them fixed has been one drama after another. I have reported them to ACCC and consumer affairs after being asked to sign a waiver for them to dodgy something up whilst being covered by warranty. Phoned them seven times today and left two messages without answer or reply. Would I buy another AVAN? No..only because of lack of service.

Jenny W

Jenny WSydney, NSW

Bad service

Sue Rankin

Sue RankinSydney, NSW

Prospective Customer, should I or should I not !

My husband and I are considering purchasing the Aspire 563 within the next few weeks, I emailed the Avan's head office asking a few questions about the height of the van because we want to fit it under a carport but as yet have not had a reply, we have spoken to a salesperson at two different dealerships and been given two different answers. There seems to be a LOT of bad reviews about Avan, should we give this company a miss and start to look at another brand, has anyone got anything positive to say about Avan Caravans ! !

Margo

MargoSouth West, WA

Excellent Service

We recently purchased an Aspire 587-1. The journey from start to finish has been amazing. We purchased through Premier Avan in Osborne Park and their Bunbury office. The Customer Service has been sensational with everyone we have dealt with. No issues with the van to date. It's very well finished, tows well and is light interior making it lovely to be in. Thanks to the team Levi in Osborne Park, Ryan and Mark in Bunbury.

Falling apart

Every time I take my OWEN caravan out another piece falls off it has only done 2000 klm.
This van must be a Friday afternoon job.
The door lock has broken twice, the TV blew up on the second use.
Today I'm putting up the overhead cupboard as it fell off the wall when the screws ripped out of the wall.
Bad workmanship and poor quality control, these are just a few of the problems there are to many to list.
I will never recommend an A van or purchase another ever again.

Jim D

Jim D

Considering an Avan? Look elsewhere!!

Love it to death

Thanks to Levi and Herman. Motorhome met all our requirements few minor hiccups confident they will be fixed Pam and Kim thumbs up.

xyang

xyang

Bad quality and bad services

We bought a brand new 2018 Avan Cruiser 1D and just had our first trip. The refrigerator never worked properly, not cold enough or not cold at all.
The microwave set on fire itself, we couldn't believe the the ring and glass plate inside the microwave burnt and melt. The cabinet door broke and can't close properly, the inside locker dropped off. Worse, you get no reply from Avan (NSW) and people there are hardly reachable. Really don't know what should I do.

Denny

DennyPakenham

Happy Camper

I bought a 2011 Cruise liner and found the seals perishing. Contacted Avan customer service and found them to be knowledgeable and they handled my query promptly (the new seals arrived two days later).

Comedy of Errors - AVAN/Golf Savannah 637 purchased new in 2016

stuart

stuartGold coast

Bad Workmanship, Customer service almost non existent to the point of totally having complaint ema

Steve P

Steve PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality and design faults

JanP

JanPasked

Has anyone else experienced cracking of the external cladding? We have a sportliner of which we took delivery in October 2019. We have used it twice for a total of fifteen days. There is now cracking/ tearing appearing near three of the four handles.

Waiting Long

Take it back under Warranty.
We have barely used our van and so far two extermal compartment clips have failed, screws on domes fallen out, part of furniture fell off, two vents warped, door handle fell off, gas pipe support screw was never affixed and probably more.
Their standards are shocking.
Take it back but check other things too.

Larryasked

Currently looking at a 2010 Avan Liam which appears to be a very well looked after tidy van. I don't know much about a and so any feedback would be great. I've heard spare parts can be very expensive and support is poor. Thanks in advance .Larry.

Hi Larry,
Service and parts are OK from Penrith but give Nowra a wide birth .
Our van is 2018 we brought it brand new and had 12 months warranty on it .
Fun that At 17 months we noticed the joins in the roof have started to stretch and come apart in hot summer days and the side wall near seat has started to have hair line cracking upto window .
Otherwise we are happy with the Van except should have got a Queen bed not double .
Cheers

john hanger

Hi Larry. Don't know about the Liam but the Owen Avan which we brought brand new was rubbish. Slapped together with very little thought going into the design. After six months it was literally falling apart. The correspondence from their Melbourne office was disgusting to say the least.
Shop around, there are better manufacturers out there.

Cheers guys.

Vicki M

Vicki Masked

The large spring on the right front side of our 2004 Avan Cruiseliner has sprung out. The wood on the boot walls was rotten. We have fixed the damaged walls but need advice as how to pull the bar in the spring back and secure it. Please explain how to do this.
Thanks,
Vicki

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

Other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops