3.0

Karen

KarenCentral West, QLD

Bad Job

Went to get a wheel alignment / balance and a swap of tyres and rims. Wheel alignment wasn’t done properly, and in their defence they gave a refund. Later I realised that they also striped the actually covers off from the wheel nuts (3). By then I couldn’t deal with them anymore and left it. That was until my dealership had told me that by stripping the covers of the wheel nuts my tyre spanner would not fit. Great another 35 dollars. But the fact that had I got a flat tyre in the time frame I wouldn’t have been able to change my tyres. Absolutely disgusting workmanship by Rockhampton Bob Jane. I would never ever go back and I recommend that anyone who goes there needs to check their work.

Store LocationRockhampton
Wendy H

Wendy HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great tyres and service Bob Jane

Bridgestone 116S Dueler tyres to suit Mazda BT-50 were recommended by Bob Jane. Very happy with service, price and recommendation, these guys know their products. The tyres are great, quiet road noise and smooth travel. Included was an alignment and $100 cashback on promotion. I will definitely go back to them for a repeat performance.

Store LocationNunawading, Victoria
gopi

gopiSydney, NSW

My name is Gopi, Today I went to Bobjane,Mountdruitt request them to fix wheel alignment. They have done excellent job.Thanku . Even KIA couldn’t fix this problem. Car Cerato sport model

Store LocationMount Druitt
Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Find out how Bob Jane T-Marts compares to other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops

Caz

Cazipswich

Ok service, lack communication

Called up to check stock of 4 x Potenza RE003, said they will be stock before my booking. Took car in following day and voiced what tyres i want before work commence. 1 hr later upon work completion, saw the invoice for higher then quoted. When i ask the reception why price is higher, he said there was no stock of the RE003 and put S001 on, was informed they are much better tyres. Was reimbursed the difference. Would be nice to actually be told prior to work starting if RE003 were in stock as i did alot of research and had my heart on these. I would of had come back a different day when they actually had them in.

Store LocationIpswich

Unhappy with customer service

I went to change my tires at their Dandenong branch. I got an over the counter quote but was not told that Nitrogen would be used to inflate the tires. This costs a further $40. If the sales person would have explained this beforehand, I would have told him not to use Nitrogen. A tax invoice was not provided in paper form but was sent to my email, so I was unable to address the issue immediately. I feel cheated as they need to explain their pricing breakup clearly beforehand.

Store LocationDandenong
Michael

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome service, Great price.

Recently had an awesome experience at Bob Jane T-Marts Nerang, with Michael.
Helped me chose a great wheel & tyre package for my Amarok and was by far the best in town on price. Got me in straight away! And really stoked with the BFG KM3 Muddies, look tough and perform well on & off road.

Have recommended so many people since this great experience.

Thanks again to Michael & the team!!

Gary

GaryPilbara, WA

Midland store has excellent customer service

I have purchased tyres numerous times and have found the staff extremely polite, courteous and efficient. Anytime I require tyres this is the only place for me and at present I am 1500 kms Away

Store LocationMidland WA
chris w

chris wMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

American racing wheels ASX Yukon 200. Very disappointed !

Purchased a set of five American racing wheels "Yukon asx 200 satin black" for my 4w4 Prado in October 2018, very happy with them until in I noticed the paint on three of the wheels coming off ! "this was Feb 2020 16mths after purchase" I went back to Bob Jane at Modbury to show them, so they took pics of the three wheels.. a few days later they contacted me to inform me that the wheels were out of warrantee by 4mths and couldn't help any further ? and was told if I want them to look new again I have to paint them myself ! These wheels are not made in America but made in China, hence the poor paint finish. My experience with Bob Jane and American racing wheels has not been a good one !

Store LocationBob Jane Modbury, South Australia
Denise

Denisesydney

Bob Jane Tyres Taren Point

Very happy with my service here. Took in a tyre to be repaired. It was fixed quickly and efficiently. Very good customer service from Danny, front counter and Scott, who replaced my tyres and checked air in tyres etc. Price for repair etc was really reasonable and cheaper than i expected. Would definitely recommend.

Store LocationTaren Point

Jay C.

Jay C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

A Very Unhappy Experience

Walked in into the shop for a wheel balancing service. One of the front wheel had its balancing weight fell off. Came out of the shop with the exact same problem untouched. Tried to complain that the balancing was not done, the guy attended was very defensive about it. They didn't even bother to offer a recheck to make sure that the job was done right. The photo attached is of both front wheels. The left wheel had its weight fell off. Possible scam alert!

Store LocationBrooklyn Park

What a waste of time

Store LocationWhite Horse Rd Nunawading
Alb

AlbMackay

unprofessional

Bob Jane Mackay replaced my tyres but in the process stripped the bolts. How do I know this, because they are the only people who have ever touched the tyres on my car and the previous time they didn't have any problems. I also discovered through my mechanic who had to replace them at a cost to me!! that on my particular car the bolts thread are opposite.
If Bob Jane are supposed to be professionals they should have known this???

Store LocationMackay
Luke

Luke

Reopen

Bob Jane is great. Just need Penske and Andretti onboard to help repair and reopen the Thunderdome and bring back the Auscars and Nascars. Supercars is almost dead. PLEASE. PLEASE.

Thanks for the great feedback Luke! - Bob Jane Team

Keperra branch fitted new tyres to my SR5 Hilux Franchise owner gave great service,Fleet vehicle payment sorted by staff no fuss car drives and feels great.Very good service Peter Fairfull.

Store LocationKeperra Qld

Thanks for leaving an amazing review Robert! - Bob Jane Team

dont use them all i say

Store Locationfountaingate

Honest

HonestMelbourne

Perfect service and the technicians are very skilled

Bob Jane Maribyrnong - Perfect service from the sales team and especially from the technicians. Highly skilled and did a great job on my car. Attention to detail was fantastic.

Being a car enthusiast, it's always hard to find the best place to take your pride and joy. I don't recommend many places but Maribyrnong BobJane was brilliant. Ordered 4 new tyres and a wheel alignment.

Everything was reinstalled perfectly without fuss or damage on my aftermarket wheels, spare, custom wheel nuts and custom hub rings.

Thank you guys, you have won my business and referrals! Keep it up!

Store LocationMaribyrnong
Marketing R.Bob Jane T-Marts

Thanks for the fantastic feedback - The Bob Jane T-Marts team.

SPN

SPN

Fixed the issue when no one else could

Took my Prado to Bob Jane Taren Pt as there was vibrations at 110km/h.

Toyota Sutherland could fix issue, Bridgestone wouldn’t look at it for more than a balance and couldn’t fix issue. Even though they were pretty new Bridgestone tyres.

Bob Jane was able to fix problem in one go for no expense. No new tyres required. Great, friendly service, I couldn’t recommend highly enough!

Store LocationTaren Point
Marketing R.Bob Jane T-Marts

Hey, thanks for the fantastic review! It's great to hear we could assist you - The Bob Jane T-Marts team

pearce00

pearce00Western Australia

I had a flat tyre, and I asked them to investigate and fix it. They responded to my online enquiry very promptly.
I dropped the vehicle off and went back after an hour. The customer service representative told me that it was the valve cap that was faulty, They put the flat tyre back on and returned my spare to the hold.
They did not charge me for any of their time. I was so impressed at the friendliness and professionalism. I would definitely recommend Bob Jane at Morley, and will definitely use them again.

Store LocationBob Jane T-Mart, Morley
Marketing R.Bob Jane T-Marts

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! Amazing!

Belrose Dave

Belrose Dave

Helpful, good price and quick

Store LocationBob Jane T-Mart Brookvale
Marketing R.Bob Jane T-Marts

Fantastic feedback! Thank you Belrose.

Ian P.

Ian P.South East Queensland, QLD

Great Job

Good price , Great service. Had 2 new front tyres fitted , The best price around I could find was at Bob Jane Maroochydore , the service I received was very good , I would use them again.

Store LocationMaroochydore

Disillusionedasked

Does Bob Jane have an official policy regarding the way wheel nuts must be tightened, or is this left to the discretion of each franchise or individual mechanics? In particular, are mechanics allowed to just use impact wrenches and estimate the required torque, or do they use torque limiting extensions (torque sticks), or do they do the final tightening by hand using a torque wrench?

Good Morning,

Bob Jane T-Marts do have a procedure to correctly tension wheel nuts/studs. Please email feedback@bobjane.com.au to discuss further.

Disillusioned

I emailed feedback@bobjane.com.au several days ago, but am still waiting on a reply. In the mean time I have done some more web searching, and I found one discussion on Whirlpool where someone mentioned that Bob Jane required the final tighten to be done with a torque wrench, with instant dismissal for anybody caught not complying. Unfortunately in the same thread someone else commented that if this were the case then that would mean the entire workshop staff would be gone at his local Bob Jane! See https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2757100#r57546014 for the thread. So maybe I need to know not only what the official policy is, but also whether or not the policy is actually followed!

Disillusioned

I finally got a reply. Bob Jane does not have any official policy, but they do have an internal document that is used for training purposes. The reply didn't say what procedure they recommend in this document. So I still don't know either what procedure Bob Jane train their staff to use, or how widely their staff follow this procedure once they have completed their training, but I do at least know that a training document exists!

Since what really matters is what my local Bob Jane staff actually do my next step is probably to chase this up with my local franchise. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time here...

David

Davidasked

How old are the tyres you sell allowed to be?
We bought tyres in July 2019 they have now travelled 700km and we got knocked back on rego inspection today because they were manufactured in 2015 and the mechanic says they have cracks between the tread.

Hi David,
Manufacturers give a warranty of 5 years after manufacture date and we do not repair tyres over 8 years old. If you have recently bought the tyres as you said, please contact your local Bob Jane so we can inspect your tyres. If they are indeed faulty, we will make sure to get you back on the road safely and have the manufacturer pick up this tyre.
Also, feel free to send this to feedback@bobjane.com.au and we will look into this issue further for you.

YMMSasked

I need to lodge a case with VCAT to force Bob Jane T Marts to pay to fix damage that I alledge was done to my car by one of their stores and one of their regional managers when he attempted to remove over torqued wheel nuts.
It is a requirement to have an ASIC print out of the company name, trading name etc. I have asked Staff at the Bob Jane T Marts Port Melbourne office to provide these details but they refuse. saying that I need to go to a lawer to get this information.
This makes lodging a VCAT application very difficult as I have to pay a fee for every page of company information from ASIC as there are numerous Bob Jane business and I have no way of knowing which one is the actual employer of the person who made my car undrivable.
If someone knows this information or perhaps even Bob Jane T Marts staff could provide it?

Hi YMMS,
Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear about this and hope we can get this sorted for you. Please send your complaint, and as many details as possible to Feedback@bobjane.com.au. From here we can help you.

YMMS

I have sent emails to feedback@bobjane.com.au numerous times asking for this information and these requests for information were ignored. I have called several times to follow up and typically get the level 1 phone support guy and he just hangs the phone up on me. One time I managed to get Alex Chung (he is some sort of manager) on the phone but he said that helping a person sue him was something he would not do and so refused to divludge information I was asking for.
It is a bit hard to navigate this situation as Alex Chung has offered a sum of money that is a lot less than what it costs to fix my car and has advised that I should take them to VCAT to allow VCAT to decide but the obfiscation of business identity makes loding a claim with VCAT impossible as they require me to have proof of what the business entity is.
Can you please provide your ABN, ACN and trading names for the Bob Jane businesses that I can lodge my complaint against.

Neil
Neil

Why didn't you just search the free ASIC website like I just did. ACN: 005 870 431 ABN: 52 005 870 431 NAME: Bob Jane Corporation Pty Ltd instead of doing a lot of complaining. No wonder they hung up on you.

Get an answer from our members and Bob Jane T-Marts representatives