A'van Cruiseliner 1

A'van Cruiseliner 1

See the Best Caravans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

john

johnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great except for a couple of things

Floor PlanAccording to the book C1 model double bed in the back

FazzleBelmont

Battery caught on fire

Lucky we were not in bed when battery caught on fire, caused a lot of smoke, not confident sleeping in it. Fire brigade put out fire and after 6 weeks GIO Eventually paid up. Not good enough!

BOB

BOBperth

Super van but customer service leaves a lot to be desired

I had a problem with customer service which they could have fixed no problem but they didn't and the reply I got was very very terse so if I change or upgrade I could well think again

Super easy A Van

Very satisfied with our second hand cruiseliner. Very reliable, tows beautifully. Perfect for two. Like all holidays preparation is the key. Correct loading, tyre pressures, brake checks and wheel bearing service all done before we left. Reading some of the less flattering reviews reveals more about problems with owners than vans. Cheers.

Mindi

Mindi

Avan Campbellfield Super Centre,

See all A'van Cruiser & Cruiseliner reviews

Johnasked

I need to replace the bungee cords on my Avan roof. Any advice on how to do so would be appreciated - is it straightforward?

actionplayer
actionplayer

John, give avan gold coast a call they have the answer for everything this bloke knows more about avans than anyone in Australia. Regards brett

John

Thanks Brett, but in the meantime I've worked out how to do it - as follows. Fix the free ends of the bungee cord under the plate on the apex of the roof first. The cord is now hanging from this plate down the face of the roof. Wrap a cable tie around the two halves of the bungee cord about 10cm from the loop at the end of the cord and pull this cable tie as tight as you can. Loop a rope or a luggage strap through the bungee cord above the cable tie and pass it down around the bumper bar of the Avan. Pull this rope or strap tight, thereby stretching the bungee cord so the loop at its end is below the plate on the side of the roof to which the loop is to be anchored. Now simply place the loop (which is slack, as it's only the cord above it which is stretched) onto the bed beneath the anchor plate and screw the plate back into position. Remove the rope or baggage strap which was stretching the bungee cord, cut the cable tie which is around the cord, and bingo - your new cord is fitted to the Avan roof!

doc

docasked

are they able to be put up by one person?

Yes it takes 30 seconds to erect by 1 person

Hanno
Hanno

Yes and my nephew timed me at 40seconds, not bad for a 64 year old, and I wasn't rushing.

aussiemum53asked

We just bought a cruiser 2003 Avan very excited but some of the curtains are faded and the clips you sew on are broken. I am a dressmaker! Can I buy this tape anywhere and what is it called?

Id start again and think about Velcro. Original design is not user friendly or robust.

Ray.
Ray.

Err, bit out of my league but offer couple suggestions; 1. Go online to Avan's website, they have a spare parts operation now online, you might find curtain clips there or 2. Try curtain/sewing supplies types of shops, Mansours? Target? Good luck.

aussiemum53

Thank you ! For trying to help I have never seen these tracks or this tape as it has plastic hooks sewn in .

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

CategoryCaravans