A'van Cruiser & Cruiseliner

A'van Cruiser & Cruiseliner

1, 1D, 5, etc...

See the Best Caravans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

GlennR

GlennRIllawarra, NSW

Van for a quick escape

Easy to tow and extremely fast in erection. No canvas and very watertight. Caught in an eastern coast blow in Byron (in my earlier 2003 model) and had to pack up in rain. Didn’t open up van for six weeks expecting mould and a big cleanup but clean as a whistle.

Bought a newer model this year (2013) with a/c heating and microwave.

Very very happy!

Floor PlanDouble with breakfast nook that converts to single

john

johnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great except for a couple of things

Floor PlanAccording to the book C1 model double bed in the back

About the air conditioning and a line cruise liner

We purchased a cruiseliner 5 2018 model we have found the air conditioner with the adventure plus pack extremely poor to the point its not worth having it on anyone else had this experience

Floor Plansingle beds floor plan

A great compromise - excellent for it's purpose

Floor Plan1D

Shoddy finish

Sealant looks like an 8 year's old work.
Battery is starting to smell.
Small top vent cracked.
Lock on lugs on jack wheel don't line up.
awning is a nightmare.

Currently three thousands kms from home and all of these issues have surfaced.
We purchased this van second hand but it had not done 900kms so was virtually brand new.

Wonnie80

Wonnie80Gippsland, VIC

Comment on A'van locks

Floor PlanSingle beds - at either end, with tabel in middle

Terry S.

Terry S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

After Sales Service Lacking

We have a door lock problem with our Cruiseliner . Right from day one the lock was hard to operate,took it back to avan.They said no problem they are all like that.My partner cant operate the lock with the key.It also comes unlocked during transit.After recently having the first $280 service they still refuse to replace this lock. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Terry

Floor PlanID

Hanno

HannoVictoria, 3977

We love it!

Fazzle

FazzleBelmont

Battery caught on fire

Lucky we were not in bed when battery caught on fire, caused a lot of smoke, not confident sleeping in it. Fire brigade put out fire and after 6 weeks GIO Eventually paid up. Not good enough!

BOB

BOBperth

Super van but customer service leaves a lot to be desired

I had a problem with customer service which they could have fixed no problem but they didn't and the reply I got was very very terse so if I change or upgrade I could well think again

Mary F

Early problems ...hoping this won't continue

Mary F

Now one of the side roof anchor catches has broken .

Mary F

We are now enjoying our van for short breaks away . The ease and speed of pack up is amazing . Fingers crossed for no more issues

Super easy A Van

Very satisfied with our second hand cruiseliner. Very reliable, tows beautifully. Perfect for two. Like all holidays preparation is the key. Correct loading, tyre pressures, brake checks and wheel bearing service all done before we left. Reading some of the less flattering reviews reveals more about problems with owners than vans. Cheers.

Mindi

Mindi

Avan Campbellfield Super Centre,

Liz

LizSydney

Ours is a cruiseliner

Love our cruiseliner - only put the awning up if doubtful weather never have used the annex. Our bikes fit in the back of the Prado (seats down) and travel there very happily. We prefer natural campsites so run the fridge on gas and share cooking over campfire BBQ (which fits neatly in the side hatch) and indoors. Love the big front boot. Only reason to upgrade is looking at shower and island bed. It is so easy to tow and will follow the Prado any where we want to go.

Bob of gulf point

Bob of gulf pointMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Gave up too hard

In the end too small alone and too hard to put the annex up. Traded on a 16 foot pop top Jayco. Will report. The A-van dealer was hopelessly unhelpful so went Jayco. Sorry. I meant she was a miserable cow.

replacing the battery

Great van. Only issue after 1 month with our 2nd hand cruiseline is the deep cell battery went flat. Awful smell, not the fault of the van. The issue we have is trying to get the battery out from the back corner under the bed! How? Any suggestions?

Awesome
Awesome

Problem solved. Undo the gas struts that lift the bed. Lift the bed higher and prop it up.

ok but not suited to my life style.

liked it for its light weight and easy to tow with my 2010 mazda bt 50 very easy to put up and down .it did not like rough roads or dusty roads and the seal on the door kept coming unstuck .the fridge and microwave do not work anymore and the replacement cost was expensive.Had a blow out which ripped off mud guard ,stability of van was excellent after blow out.sold van for good price.I plan to buy off road version.

FINAL UPDATE... ON THE CRUISERLINER 5...FOND FAREWELL....2017

Love my Avan

Bought a Cruiseliner about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. So easy to tow and very easy to put up and down, I only do weekend to week long travel but for a single person I find it perfect for my needs. Also fits perfectly into my garage

Ok. But but doesn't suit our just on and over 70's age bracket.

The van has just turned 2 in April. After travelling with friends with a pop top with Island bed and having had our van only 3 months, we realised that we had made the wrong choice for our life style/age group. The Cruiseliner A-van is beautiful and tows like a dream with our almost new Nissan X-Trail. The van has external shower, gas hot water and reverse cycle air conditioning, so has all the extras. So easy to put up and down! It's not the van, but us, that is the problem. We have been flying along 130 kph before realising we had a van behind us.

Barry H.

Barry H.asked

How do I hear water using electricity

Angelaasked

We have just purchased a 2007 avan hard roof pop top. We are unable to get the ac power to work. Does anyone have a simple suggestion on a step we may be missing? We have just bought extension cord and adaptors but no luck

Sam.L
Sam.L

Unfortunately no practical suggestions other than individually checking switches (on) and fuses (set). Evidently there's an derogatory term of a 'Man' look that has been applied to me from time to time :) In my unit the extension cord is hard wired so can't be tested by me. If its not the above and you've eliminated the extension cord and the power source is definitely live, sounds like it's service centre time. Hope it's a simple fix :)

Janna S.

Janna S.asked

Manual on how to use heater in avan cruiseliner

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives