A'van Cruiser & Cruiseliner

• Comfort
  • Exterior Build Quality
  • Interior Build Quality

Cannot delete review

Cannot delete review so I keep writing until I reach the 30 words under edit and I continue to write as the guidelines to delete do not work and now I've reached 30

Functionality
Exterior Build Quality
Interior Build Quality

Squardy

SquardyHunter Region, NSW

Avan cruiseliner Ducted A/C will never work as it should.

Purchased in February 2018 at Avan NSW, Morisset for $28,500.00.

Mileage 4,000 km
Car ModelSubaru Outback 5GEN 3.6R
Functionality
Comfort
Exterior Build Quality
Interior Build Quality

GlennRIllawarra, NSW

Van for a quick escape

Easy to tow and extremely fast in erection. No canvas and very watertight. Caught in an eastern coast blow in Byron (in my earlier 2003 model) and had to pack up in rain. Didn’t open up van for six weeks expecting mould and a big cleanup but clean as a whistle.

Bought a newer model this year (2013) with a/c heating and microwave.

Very very happy!

Floor PlanDouble with breakfast nook that converts to single
john

johnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great except for a couple of things

Floor PlanAccording to the book C1 model double bed in the back

About the air conditioning and a line cruise liner

We purchased a cruiseliner 5 2018 model we have found the air conditioner with the adventure plus pack extremely poor to the point its not worth having it on anyone else had this experience

Floor Plansingle beds floor plan

A great compromise - excellent for it's purpose

Floor Plan1D

Shoddy finish

Sealant looks like an 8 year's old work.
Battery is starting to smell.
Small top vent cracked.
Lock on lugs on jack wheel don't line up.
awning is a nightmare.

Currently three thousands kms from home and all of these issues have surfaced.
We purchased this van second hand but it had not done 900kms so was virtually brand new.

Wonnie80

Wonnie80Gippsland, VIC

Comment on A'van locks

Floor PlanSingle beds - at either end, with tabel in middle
Terry S.

Terry S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

After Sales Service Lacking

We have a door lock problem with our Cruiseliner . Right from day one the lock was hard to operate,took it back to avan.They said no problem they are all like that.My partner cant operate the lock with the key.It also comes unlocked during transit.After recently having the first $280 service they still refuse to replace this lock. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Terry

Floor PlanID
Hanno

HannoVictoria, 3977

We love it!

Fazzle

FazzleBelmont

Battery caught on fire

Lucky we were not in bed when battery caught on fire, caused a lot of smoke, not confident sleeping in it. Fire brigade put out fire and after 6 weeks GIO Eventually paid up. Not good enough!

BOB

BOBperth

Super van but customer service leaves a lot to be desired

I had a problem with customer service which they could have fixed no problem but they didn't and the reply I got was very very terse so if I change or upgrade I could well think again

Mary F

Early problems ...hoping this won't continue

Mary F

Now one of the side roof anchor catches has broken .

Mary F

We are now enjoying our van for short breaks away . The ease and speed of pack up is amazing . Fingers crossed for no more issues

Super easy A Van

Very satisfied with our second hand cruiseliner. Very reliable, tows beautifully. Perfect for two. Like all holidays preparation is the key. Correct loading, tyre pressures, brake checks and wheel bearing service all done before we left. Reading some of the less flattering reviews reveals more about problems with owners than vans. Cheers.

Mindi

Mindi

Avan Campbellfield Super Centre,

Liz

LizSydney

Ours is a cruiseliner

Love our cruiseliner - only put the awning up if doubtful weather never have used the annex. Our bikes fit in the back of the Prado (seats down) and travel there very happily. We prefer natural campsites so run the fridge on gas and share cooking over campfire BBQ (which fits neatly in the side hatch) and indoors. Love the big front boot. Only reason to upgrade is looking at shower and island bed. It is so easy to tow and will follow the Prado any where we want to go.

Bob of gulf point

Bob of gulf pointMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Gave up too hard

In the end too small alone and too hard to put the annex up. Traded on a 16 foot pop top Jayco. Will report. The A-van dealer was hopelessly unhelpful so went Jayco. Sorry. I meant she was a miserable cow.

replacing the battery

Great van. Only issue after 1 month with our 2nd hand cruiseline is the deep cell battery went flat. Awful smell, not the fault of the van. The issue we have is trying to get the battery out from the back corner under the bed! How? Any suggestions?

Awesome
Awesome

Problem solved. Undo the gas struts that lift the bed. Lift the bed higher and prop it up.

ok but not suited to my life style.

liked it for its light weight and easy to tow with my 2010 mazda bt 50 very easy to put up and down .it did not like rough roads or dusty roads and the seal on the door kept coming unstuck .the fridge and microwave do not work anymore and the replacement cost was expensive.Had a blow out which ripped off mud guard ,stability of van was excellent after blow out.sold van for good price.I plan to buy off road version.

FINAL UPDATE... ON THE CRUISERLINER 5...FOND FAREWELL....2017

Frank R.

Frank R.asked

Hi I bought a cargo door 900mm x 305mm $ 130.44, when I picked it up, I was told that the two keys were extra, they didn't say anything when I told them that it showed the lock plus two keys, so I had to fork out another, $ 57.00, I'm not very happy with them, has this happened to anyone else.

Waiting Long

That just seems downright mean. It wouldn't give confidence in a company's ethics and penny pinching. I would have thought keys were an essential part of the package.

actionplayer
actionplayer

Hi Frank, You don't buy those access doors from an avan dealer you buy them from coast to coast rv services, I buy them from there all the time and fit plenty of them to avans and the keys come standard with them.

Janetasked

We bought a used Avan Cruisliner, it is not so easy to put up, its a little stiff. I think it was well used by previous owner, is there anything we can do to make it glide up easier. We have only put it up once, could be our inexperience.

Hi Janet,
You kind of get used to pushing it up with a little effort. I find it difficult as it is heavy.
Some people use a broom handle or such to push it up.
Not sure I can really help with this one.
Do you have an air conditioner?

Janet

Thank you, yes I think we need to use it a bit more. Her more practice. No air con tho.

Janet

The roof can be a bit heavy but is do-able for a lanky guy like me.
Perhaps you could use a small set of steps to help you get the extra elevation.

Don't let it put you off.
It's worth all the extra effort.

You should have ithe roof and sides erected in 3 minutes flat.

Glenn

Michael G.

Michael G.asked

What size air conditioning is fitted to the cruiser

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives