A'van Cruiser & Cruiseliner

• Exterior Build Quality
  • Interior Build Quality
  • Off-roading Performance

Disgraceful

We bought a brand new A-Van Cruiseliner Adventure Plus.
Within days the door handle fell off in our hands. It is secured by very short screws.
A curtain fastener fell off
A screw to hold the gas pipe up underneath the van was missing.
The two vents were warped. From the reviews I see A-van have known about this for years but continue to sell an inferior product.
The Finch HB9000 underbunk air conditioner barely works. It cools the van by one degree. They have known about this issue for at least two years and yet continue to promote a van with air conditioning knowing full well it doesn't work in a Cruiseliner.
A-van keep referring back to the retailer. The retailer keeps referring back to A-van.
It is not integral.

Purchased in November 2019.

Functionality
Comfort
Interior Build Quality
Waiting Long

Some of the screws holding the bubble window on have now fallen off and we have still barely used the van

Squardy

SquardyHunter Region, NSW

Avan cruiseliner Ducted A/C will never work as it should.

Purchased in February 2018 at Avan NSW, Morisset for $28,500.00.

Mileage 4,000 km
Car ModelSubaru Outback 5GEN 3.6R
Functionality
Comfort
Exterior Build Quality
Interior Build Quality

GlennRIllawarra, NSW

Van for a quick escape

Easy to tow and extremely fast in erection. No canvas and very watertight. Caught in an eastern coast blow in Byron (in my earlier 2003 model) and had to pack up in rain. Didn’t open up van for six weeks expecting mould and a big cleanup but clean as a whistle.

Bought a newer model this year (2013) with a/c heating and microwave.

Very very happy!

Floor PlanDouble with breakfast nook that converts to single

john

johnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great except for a couple of things

Floor PlanAccording to the book C1 model double bed in the back

About the air conditioning and a line cruise liner

We purchased a cruiseliner 5 2018 model we have found the air conditioner with the adventure plus pack extremely poor to the point its not worth having it on anyone else had this experience

Floor Plansingle beds floor plan

A great compromise - excellent for it's purpose

Floor Plan1D

Shoddy finish

Sealant looks like an 8 year's old work.
Battery is starting to smell.
Small top vent cracked.
Lock on lugs on jack wheel don't line up.
awning is a nightmare.

Currently three thousands kms from home and all of these issues have surfaced.
We purchased this van second hand but it had not done 900kms so was virtually brand new.

Wonnie80

Wonnie80Gippsland, VIC

Comment on A'van locks

Floor PlanSingle beds - at either end, with tabel in middle
Terry S.

Terry S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

After Sales Service Lacking

We have a door lock problem with our Cruiseliner . Right from day one the lock was hard to operate,took it back to avan.They said no problem they are all like that.My partner cant operate the lock with the key.It also comes unlocked during transit.After recently having the first $280 service they still refuse to replace this lock. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Terry

Floor PlanID

Hanno

HannoVictoria, 3977

We love it!

Fazzle

FazzleBelmont

Battery caught on fire

Lucky we were not in bed when battery caught on fire, caused a lot of smoke, not confident sleeping in it. Fire brigade put out fire and after 6 weeks GIO Eventually paid up. Not good enough!

BOB

BOBperth

Super van but customer service leaves a lot to be desired

I had a problem with customer service which they could have fixed no problem but they didn't and the reply I got was very very terse so if I change or upgrade I could well think again

Mary F

Early problems ...hoping this won't continue

Mary F

Now one of the side roof anchor catches has broken .

Mary F

We are now enjoying our van for short breaks away . The ease and speed of pack up is amazing . Fingers crossed for no more issues

Super easy A Van

Very satisfied with our second hand cruiseliner. Very reliable, tows beautifully. Perfect for two. Like all holidays preparation is the key. Correct loading, tyre pressures, brake checks and wheel bearing service all done before we left. Reading some of the less flattering reviews reveals more about problems with owners than vans. Cheers.

Mindi

Mindi

Avan Campbellfield Super Centre,

Liz

LizSydney

Ours is a cruiseliner

Love our cruiseliner - only put the awning up if doubtful weather never have used the annex. Our bikes fit in the back of the Prado (seats down) and travel there very happily. We prefer natural campsites so run the fridge on gas and share cooking over campfire BBQ (which fits neatly in the side hatch) and indoors. Love the big front boot. Only reason to upgrade is looking at shower and island bed. It is so easy to tow and will follow the Prado any where we want to go.

Bob of gulf point

Bob of gulf pointMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Gave up too hard

In the end too small alone and too hard to put the annex up. Traded on a 16 foot pop top Jayco. Will report. The A-van dealer was hopelessly unhelpful so went Jayco. Sorry. I meant she was a miserable cow.

replacing the battery

Great van. Only issue after 1 month with our 2nd hand cruiseline is the deep cell battery went flat. Awful smell, not the fault of the van. The issue we have is trying to get the battery out from the back corner under the bed! How? Any suggestions?

Awesome
Awesome

Problem solved. Undo the gas struts that lift the bed. Lift the bed higher and prop it up.

ok but not suited to my life style.

liked it for its light weight and easy to tow with my 2010 mazda bt 50 very easy to put up and down .it did not like rough roads or dusty roads and the seal on the door kept coming unstuck .the fridge and microwave do not work anymore and the replacement cost was expensive.Had a blow out which ripped off mud guard ,stability of van was excellent after blow out.sold van for good price.I plan to buy off road version.

FINAL UPDATE... ON THE CRUISERLINER 5...FOND FAREWELL....2017

Gaynor.travel

Gaynor.travelasked

Hi, we bought our cruiseliner second hand and have three pieces of protective sponge, 1 for top of cabinet and 1 between folded side, where does the other piece go?

Waiting Long

One on top of the glass pane above the stove; one above the sink; one on the bench at door entrance.
Cheers

GlennR

I put one on top of the vanity style cabinet and under the RHS siding; another on top of RHS siding to separate it from the LHS siding; and the third on topic the LHS siding near it’s top apex before lowering the roof; all to prevent damage when travelling.

travel safely

actionplayer
actionplayer

I love looking at the answers to this question, everyone gets it wrong on were to put the 3 square pieces foam they get the 1 on the bench top right but the other 2 wrong. as I have repaired more avans than anyone in Australia I have good laugh at a lot of the questions that get asked on this site. Its like mr waiting long air conditioner problem I could fix that in about an hour and you wouldn't have to waste your time putting anything on this site complaining about it. I have been doing this for 27 years now most people in Australia who own an avan know who I am and were to find me on the gold coast.

Glennasked

Water comes in under the apex of the roof especially if wind blows from the back of van or you hose the roof upwards from the back is that normal that water comes in underneath

Waiting Long

Glenn, I gather it is no longer under Warranty?
It's just I have seen other posts with this issue.
Best of luck.

Glenn

Thanks no van still under warranty. Been told that’s normal . Don’t know enough to prove other wise. In there defence it was severe wind blowing and garden hose has a fair stream. So not sure

Waiting Long

If the van is still under Warranty pursue it with A-van and the retailer. You have a legitimate case but will have to be very persistent and insistent

CJ N.

CJ N.asked

Hi there. We are in the market for a second hand Avan. What are some things we should look out for?
Also, of it doesn't have solar on it, how easy is it to have solar fitted of we get it?

Hi CJN,
There are so many issues to be aware of so do be careful. I suggest many of the issues are covered in these reviews below. Just be aware that some positive reviews can come from the manufacturer; retailer etc. There could be many other review sites but this will be sufficient to show up the pitfalls.

1/ https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/a-van-australia
ttps://www.productreview.com.au/listings/a-van-aliner

and probably more....

Best Wishes
'Waiting Long'

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives