See the Best Caravans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sorry, there are no reviews about A'van Cruiseliner 3 but you can read 43 reviews about A'van Cruiser & Cruiseliner.

Sandy McCasked

This is an Adventure Plus with Solar Panel.
The battery capacity has been a problem from day one. I charged monthly to keep the battery topped up but eventually found the battery was totally dead. I took the battery to Battery Workd who kindly replaced it after testing. 2 months later the new battery is now dead and showed 4v. I had left the porer lead plugged in almost the whole time during the 2 months. Lights on the internal charger were on and there were flashing lights on the solar charger (a-van was in a shed with no sun). We went away overseas for a month leaving the mains power plugged in. The voltage, when we left was 12.6v, and when we returned, it was 4v.
The new battery will not hold its charge.
I suspect there is something about the design that drains the battery through the solar charger? Is this a known problem? Do I need to replace the internal charger? I bought a Redarc charger which seemed to work well when doing the initial charge-up of the new battery.

john
john

Hi well I can only assume that you have something running draining the battery you need to put an isolator switch on the batteries so when the batteries are charged and not in use turn the isolator switch on to cut all current power if you're not able to do this you need an auto electrician to do it I did mine and had no more problem this is only the one solution at the moment

Sandy McC

I think you are right. All switches are off but still the battery drains.
There are two heavy duty leads going to the battery, but also a pair of thin leads. Did you have to isolate BOTH pairs or just the heavy duty pair?

Sandy McC

I measured the current with everything off. It would flatten a battery in 227 days in theory. I will check tonight when it is dark in case I'm measuring a small charging current as opposed to a draining current.
Most of the current was on the light weight pair.

Robert

Robertasked

Looking at a 2002 Cruiseliner 3 which has 14 inch tyres and std on road suspension.
Does anyone know if & how the suspension can be upgraded so as it can have better
clearance and better able on corrugated gravel roads?

Wonnie80
Wonnie80

Don't know about changing the chassis, but
even if you have the "off road" version/s they are not truly off road. Depends how much damage and inconvenience you are prepared to accept. Corrugations are murder. Check back over reviews on this site - that will give you a broad overview of their capabilities. (We had an "off road" one from new for 18 yrs and now on 2nd (2 years old). The older versions were/are sturdier.

Sam.L
Sam.L

My understanding is that the Cruiseliner and Cruiser of this vintage already came with the Aliner off road upgrade. It would be worth checking your axle hubs to see if that is true for your Cruiseliner. We found off road stickers on the inside of our 2004 Cruiseliner hubs. It's reasonable on tracks and short 'challenging' sections and extra care will be required in those sections. As Wonnie warned (RE the new OR) and certainly in the older configurations, they're certainly not a 4x4 trailer, but are a great bush camp. Apparently there are two types of axle chassis attachment and one can have a 50mm packer inserted (unfortunately not ours). To improve our clearances, we took the wind down stays off (110mm) and put new stays on the bumper and one the opposite side to the jockey wheel (also upgraded) that swung down. With larger profiled tyres and the change in stays, we found this satisfactory for most of our situations. So traveling to the conditions with the usual considerations of tyre pressures and speed has meant that gravel and corrugations haven't been a major concern. The next step of replacing the suspension is too many $$$ for a limited return.Hope this is of assistance.

J C
J C

Recently just completed a trip with my 2006 Avan Cruiseliner E across toW from Townsville , Western Qld , across the Plenty Highway ,across the Tanami track through Halls Creek . Kunanurra Savannah Way . Borooloola , back down to Barkley Homestead. Flinders Highway to Townsville . No mods etc no problems at all , towed with my Triton , drove to conditions . Secret is preparation and planning prevents poor performance .

Get an answer from our members and A'van representatives

CategoryCaravans