AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (37), 2-4 weeks (7), 1-2 weeks (5), 1-2 months (5) and <1 week (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (31) · No (27)

Jack

JackSydney, NSW

very unethical company do every possible tricks to avoid paying you

I was insured with AAMI for the past 10 years and when the big storm hit Sydney in early Feb 2020 I claimed water damage on my living room but they rejected my claim coz they said I have solar on 2nd floor

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Gary

Gary

Premiums Raised by 20% and charged to end cover that had lapsed

Coco

Coco

Used to be OK but now won't even paint/repair a water damaged wall.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how AAMI Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Chriscaroline

ChriscarolineMelbourne

I wish I could give AAMI zero stars

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateAugust 2020

house insurance

I have been with AAMI for decades and previously have been happy but this is ridiculous. We had a freak hail storm in Melbourne in January, 2020. It took months of phone calls and assessors to come. In the end, i gave up in July and accepted that they were never going to be able to finally complete all the repairs as they outlined but at least the broken roof tiles, skylights, solar pool heating and electrics had been repaired. Big rain storm last month and my roof is still leaking. Right under where they repaired the tiles and replaced the solar...and now they have assessed that this leaking is due to wear and tear of the roof. Really?? After the trademen have been exactly in this area of the roof making repairs?

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Andrea R.

Andrea R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

9 months later....

Storm damage in January 2020. They said they wouldn’t repair house and offered us a cash settlement of $50000. Got 2 builders to quote. 1 was $160k the other $180k. Still fighting 9 months later

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Amii are criminals

Can't be bothered writing the whole story as I've been emailing amii for 8 weeks trying to get them back to fix the ceiling they pulled out and never returned to undertake works.
In short water leaked from my upstairs bathroom through the ceiling and walls to the down stairs bathroom. Their "make safe" was a fan heater... i told them they had to take down the cieling to check water hadn't damaged the power to the fan/heater/light and it has been 2 months of fighting with no ceiling or power in the bathroom since.... its criminal but banks and insurance companies is Australia have no consequences.

Property TypeOther
Deb

DebGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Taking our money for nothing

Treated like criminals

Opened a claim for some damaged property in May, they constantly shifted the goal post, asking for extra information after already providing it multiple times. Asked extremely personal and irrelevant questions and basicallytreated us like criminals. Terribly rude staff and they don't give 2 boots about the customer. We went through 2 personal interviews, asked for bank statements, itemized phone call records, Facebook messages etc was honestly an invasion of privacy.

Lucky you're not with aami.

Coverage TypeContents Only and Home & Contents

Stephen

StephenEyre Peninsula, SA

Treated us like criminals, asked for private and personal information.

Declined our claim, asked for private personal information (Facebook messages, bank statements, phone and message records, interviews, etc') unrelated to the claim... I am a firefighter, I shouldn't be treated like a criminal.
Months of our time wasted, avoid this garbage company, save yourself time and effort.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
SAS

SASAustralian Capital Territory

Disappointing claiming process and outcomes

Claimed for a home insurance and for a small issue, they took over 5 months to come to a final decision with a very disappointing outcomes. Unless you claim, you don't get the real picture of their service and catches! good bye AMMI

Property TypeDuplex
Alex

AlexGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst company ever (would sue them)

Basically a builder was supposed to come last week to fix the roof that was damaged after a storm occurred on January 2020, but yesterday a call came through and the builder quitted because he thought it was too hard to fix, this was needed to be fixed for a house extension that was completed in December 2019.

Never ever choose AAMI, its the worst company and I would recommend getting your favorite builder instead of this stupid and dumb insurance company. It has been 5-6 months since I have waited for this to be fixed, but because of the lack of support, just don't go for this company.

Claim DateApril 2020
Jenine

Jenine

Unlucky your with AAMI

AAMI will do anything to deny a claim or get out of paying a fair and reasonable claim. After being insured for 20 years and suffering in a hailstorm they have taken almost 2 years to get us close to a claim with now 2 trips to the ombudsman - the first time we won - so they are now trying another way to get out of the claim and I fully expect if we win that they will go another route. They have delayed sending emails, not responded to requests for answers, ignored expert reports (even ones that THEY commissioned), requested other experts just ‘copy and paste’ advice without seeing our property. I am completely disgusted with AAMI and consider myself ‘unlucky to be with AAMI’

Claim DateDecember 2018
Ree

ReeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quick and easy

Selling a house is already so stressful. One thing for sure that choosing AAMI was one of the best decisions I made for my home insurance. The signing up and cancellation process was an easy breezy experience.
And thanks to phone consultant Elina for sorting it out so quickly for me and your friendly, knowledgeable and helpful demeanour has got me sold for car insurance as well.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Si

Si

Dodgy policies and details

Coverage TypeContents Only

Jaqueline A.

Jaqueline A.

Just a number in their books

I've been with them over 26years,even longer off and on. I on ly had one claim for hearing aids. Now my policy is up 50bucks a month. And Th claim was 2 years ago. How can they be 400 to 500 dollars dearer than others? Never going bac to them. Next year taking my car ins off too. With that I tried 6 different times for the same car, I got 6 different prices from them. Almost criminal

Shane H.

Shane H.Perth, WA

Claims sorted out quickly

I have put in 2 claims over the last 3 years.
One claim was lightning damage to solar panels and inverter system which was finalised in 2 weeks.
Second claim was storm damage to fencing which was settled within a week.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2020

Waste of money

Grandmother had insurance forever never claimed had major accident in house left lots blood on carpet in hall and bedroom AAMI said won't cover. All that money spent for nothing.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Kristy

KristyPerth, WA

Smooth claiming process

We have been with AAMI for home and contents insurance for years now. In that time we have unfortunately had 2 claims and both times we were looked after in a timely Manner and the claim was settled promptly. I would highly recommend them for value and service so really surprised to hear others bad experience.

First claim was flooding so damaged home which was settled within 2 weeks.
Second claim was larger with storm damage, lost fence and some contents items. We did have to follow up a few times (due to the building company being slow) but still went through smoothly in around a month from initial contact.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJune 2020
Sean

SeanSydney, NSW

Hopeless, don’t use a Suncorp company

Claim still underway after 5 months. Our roof ripped off in storm. Assessor did not even look at roof before starting to settle claim! AAMI don’t have the skills or staff to deal with storms( they said this) so they shouldn’t be allowed to offer home insurance. Spent literally days on the phone trying to get sorted. Nightmare. Policy not with the paper it’s written on.

Claim DateFebruary 2020