AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

After reading aami poor service Il be going elsewhere

After
Reading theses reviews not going to bother with aami.you pay all that money all for nothing and they give you a hard time. No thanks aami .
You’re not fooling me

Slow Non-caring Arrogant Pathetic And More

Claim in for hail and storm damage for four months repairs needed for garage roof rang home repairs a number of times to enquire when work would be started standard reply received ‘will ring you back” never happened ‘ contacted aami head office threaten to take the matter to the australian financial complaints authority within days work was started and completed within three hours by one person. Excess had to be paid on the claim no matter if my car was exposed to the weather with other items of value and having no storage for an extended time.

Coverage TypeHome Only

House and Content Documents

Internet down for days needed documents for loan re insurance over house, apparently unable to print and fax a copy, offered to obtain via the app, need security code via email, obviously cant get when email down, no alternative provided, just as ypy appreciate the internet is down. Not quite sure how this is the customers fault nor problem and unsure why resolution via fax of the documents is apparently available, need a back up when internet is down!!! Very disappointed in putting the blame on the internet then the customer rather than problem solving.

Claim MadeNo

Amazing service and went above and beyond.

We have been insured with AAMI and recently experienced a burst pipe. AAMI were really wonderful in arranging all repairs and keeping in touch and even paying out for electricity used by fans which were used to dry out the walls and carpets etc. All repairs have been carried out now and we would highly recommend AAMI, following our experience.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Absolutely pathetic and slow

My home was damaged by hail storm and the ceiling collapsed as a result. 4 months later my ceiling, carpets, etc still have not been repaired or restored. AAMI outsources to home repairs who are the most pathetic group. Whenever you call them they say things take time - yeah 4 months and we are still living in a rubble - seriously I will never insure with AAMI home and contents again. In fact I will be lodging a complaint with Financial Services Ombudsman. This insurer should be closed down permanently.

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater

Happy a Very Quick settlement

Made a claim on line , sent required information as requested, police report etc , received call to clarify couple of things in online claim , informed claim accepted , all done (2 days) well done .

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2019

Stay clear

Do not use aami insurance when it comes to a claim they try everything in their power to get out of it stay clear they want more than proof & when you supply them with what you have that still is insufficient.

Coverage TypeContents Only

Not Honest.go elesware

Made a claim. The did every thing to avoid paying.Never returned any phone calls. Lied about my claim. Damage was only $2200. Discusting result. I have Cancled policy after never claiming for 11years. Absolutey a shonkey orginization
Never again.

Advertisement a joke

Laughing at aami commercial on tv about having to move in with parents...the way they have treated my daughter is disgusting and now winter is here when will the house be repaired. No hot water for a month already.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid

Excellent experience with first contents claim

I've had a home and contents policy with AAMI for the last 15 years and never had to make a claim, but last month my beloved road bike was stolen from my locked garage. I've read a lot of negative press about insurance companies lately so wasn't expecting much in the way of service. AAMI really exceeded my expectations in this respect. Lodging the claim was painless and the phone assistant was very helpful. Providing all the necessary documentation, proof of purchase, police report, photos of the bike etc. was easy by uploading to the AAMI claims website. I received e-mail notification at each stage of the claim process and I was able to purchase my own replacement bike and accessories of equivalent value the next day as I ride to work. AAMI have reimbursed me for the replacement bike and accessories and the claim has been closed in under 2 weeks. Had I not been able to source a replacement bike of equivalent value, a partner organisation called Insurance Bikes would have managed the whole process for me, but I was happy to do it myself to get back on the road ASAP. Big thumbs up AAMI.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Really Bad service and attitude for Home and contents Insurance

I have been a customer for 6 years with AAMI for Home and Contents Insurance. I was on the phone with them to renew the policy and the consultant was great and listed the items that were covered. I mentioned I had a cracked screen on my phone and she offered to transfer me to the claims dept.
Here is got interesting. I was told I was not covered for the phone even though 5 minutes ago the other consultant listed it to me.
I explained this to no avail. So I have cancelled it gone to another insurer and have 6 other policies with AAMI which I am transferring today. This is really bad customer service. I just checked my paperwork and it had the phone listed in it. So this was a ploy not to honour the claim.
Well its their loss and would advise other customers to be aware. I expected better from a large supposed to be reputable organisation like this.

Claim DateApril 2019

We were happy for 5 years, until now.

We were happy for 5 years with AAMI Home and Contents Insurance. We made 1 claim 6 months ago, that was easy and smooth transaction. But we went to make a claim last week, and were told we arent covered for Accidental Home Contents Damage, even though at the time when we signed up we were advised it was included. We now will be reviewing our 3 policies with AAMI, including our two car policies.

Which companies should we try, that offer Accidental Home Contents Damage?

Good and Bad

I have had a great relationship with AAMI and after damage occurring to my home, AAMI has been very thorough, and my claims manager has been amazing!
BUT There have been alot of problems.
The first, and biggest- since some parts of the house were not affected by flooding, they are not covered, so I would have mismatching flooring if I did not opt to pay $5000 for the extra myself.
Everything seemed to be running smoothly- with a number of services involved in the repair, but then communication seemed to go haywire, and people were calling that I didn't expect, so I did not know what to tell them..
I had my house all packed up, stayed up all night preparing for the day the removalists were coming to move furniture out, had accommodation booked, made arrangements for pets, and had my children looked after, took a day off work... and then waited .. and waited. They didn't show up! At 11 am when I called to ask what was going on, I was told the job had been canceled because the flooring supposedly ordered was not available. - The plumber, electrician, removalists, flooring installers and building supervisor knew.. but no one told me!!!!! Or my Claims manager. - and so aside the massive inconvenience, and that I had missed work... it was too late to cancel the 6 nights accommodation
I was urged to change my color selection, but I was already settling on a color that closest matched my old flooring- so the job has been put off for 4 months until the flooring becomes available.
So, now my insurance is ready for renewal. - which is what has upset me.
I was contacted by the insurance provider my car is with to compare premiums, - I thought there was no harm. but after putting in the same conditions as I have with AAMI - it was $250 cheaper, with half of the excess costs.
I contacted AAMI to discuss options, as I don't really want to change. But because my claim is still in progress ( it should have been completed a month ago if there had not been the major mess up.) They cannot discount my premium.
HMMMMMMMM- I've been through alot, and a comment like that really bugged me.
I now have to consider my options.
Certainly makes it difficult, since my claim is still in progress.. if I am to change provider I expect there will be consequences.. I don't really like having my choices taken away.

Claim DateNovember 2018
Further to this.. I have tried to pay my premium 5 times with an error coming up everytime.. I made a complaint detailing my entire experience and have had no response from AAMI at all... how much do they want my business?

There must be NO stars for AAMI

Complete ripoff service. When you try to make a claim, they comes with "its not include" in your policy. Complete scam, many better insurance companies are there out, keep searching.

Claim MadeNo

UNLUCKY you're with AAMI!!

After 20 years with this company and having made minimal claims we are now being treated as criminals as they investigate a recent robbery from our house. We have been subjected to individual investigative phone interviews, a visit from an outsourced loss assessor and most recently a home visit from an outsourced private detective. This person wanted our personal financial information, access to phone records and a police check, not to mention a copy of the official police report (wait time 8 weeks). It is 8 weeks since we were the victims of the home invasion, we had to cancel expensive overseas holiday arrangements and now we are being subjected to continued harassment as the company tries to avoid a payout. We are suspected of setting it all up for our financial gain. AAMI has no concrete evidence for this so are we being subjected to this treatment?
DO NOT INSURE WITH AAMI! we will not in the future.

Type of ClaimTheft

Rubbish Lifetime Guarantee didn't last 12 months!!

I had been a loyal AAMII customer for over 25 years spending over $3500 each year on insurance. But make a legitimate claim and they get the cheapest price, do a terrible job and then wipe their hands of it.

I had a blocked downpipe which was flowing under my house and was unseen for the wettest winter in Tasmania It soaked the underneath of my house and the footings sunk thus house sunk and walls cracked
It took around four months to get quotes to fix and a couple of very reputable repairers didn't want the job with the insurance company because it was difficult to quote
I had no say over who did the repairs and AAMI obviously chose the cheapest
The engineers report said the footings needed under pinning but the builder just jacked the house up and put packers in the shift in position and weight bearing on the stumps caused some of them to move within a couple of weeks and there was no underpinning done to any of the original stumps
The painters were also dreadful and I tried to stop them one day from painting over a greasy dirty exterior wall that i would have happily washed if i had known they were going to paint . They left paint splatters on the floor and even put the end of the roller through the plaster in one of the rooms and argued that the hole was already there when I complained. I asked for a scope of works before the job started and I never received this, there were bubbles in the paint and the cracks began to appear within six months. I had complained to AAMI at the completion of the job that the repairs were substandard but they told me there was a lifetime guarantee. Big joke as soon as the cracks appeared another engineer turned up and said the footings were inadequate and it was not AAMI's fault. So now in a worse position due to shody workmanship I also live in northern Tasmania and saw a similar complaint from another customer in the area.

Claim DateAugust 2018

Up Ship Creek

Insurance Contract Act 1984-SECT 46
Please look this up as it may help, if and only if you can find a good lawyer.
Been with AAMI (AAI Limited) for 15+ years when we made a claim.
AAMI accepted our claim for burst water pipe damage, originally located in bathroom & toilet in December 2015. AAMI spent $8500.00 on Mould Remediation to 2/3 of our home, these workers pulled up the flooring in bedroom 3 & Laundry in October 2016 & were taken off site 3 days later. The floors throughout the home will need to be removed to replace the damaged bearers & joists, & extra piers to be installed were the walls are collapsing. More ventilation will have to be put in & soil under floor dug out to provide a proper air gap, this was all missed by our local council when the house was built. Mould has spread throughout the home due to AAMI contractors removing the flooring exposing the interior of our home to the mould. AAMI had meeting with us at our home with their Engineer, a new Builder and a very nasty plump man from Suncorp Melbourne, their engineer then wrote a new report, the new builder done a quote on repairs for our home (settlement only) $13,940.00, offer not accepted by us. Went through the process with FOS they didn't believe us about the falsified documents etc, the FOS consumer advocate, Insurance advocate & Ombudsman ruled in AAMI's favour.
We have been out of our home since early October 2016.
Here in Northern Tasmania there is a small group of engineers that work for insurance companies, all the respected engineers won't or not allowed to do insurance work. We have given our local Labor MP most of this information over
the last 12 months and feel he has left us up SHIP CREEK.
This is only some of what we have been through we know we are going to lose our home because we cannot afford to repair it, one builders quote was $175,000.00.

Claim DateDecember 2015

Burst water pipe major flood damage

Disappointing to see a low star rating with this company. I will have to say we lodged a major home and contents claim with aami and found them nothing short of prompt and professional, From start to finish Hannah Culley from Major Loss division has helped us with complete compassion liaising with the builder and restorers involved returning our property back to us in a timely manner considering the extent of loss to the property.
Your insurance company you choose is only as good as the claim process regardless of premium cost. I would recommend this company anytime.

Thanks again Hannah
Mark and Mandy Edmondson

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateDecember 2018

Denied my claim for ridiculous reason

Attempted to make a claim as a candle fire had burnt holes in my brand new table top. Never recieved a follow up call and no response to emails. waited on hold for 20 minutes just to be told that because it wasnt the candle that burnt my table, it was a plastic bag that caught fire and melted it that it wasnt an insured event and wont be covered. Am cancelling my insurance with aami IMMEDIATELY!

Type of ClaimFire

Very poor service

Very disappointed with AAMI. Gone are the days when a real person would answer the phone. And gone are the days when they seemed to care. It's expensive and now, after 10 years, it feels like it's not worth it.
I waited nearly an hour for them to answer my call and then they said I needed to ring back. Then I did - to the Claims Department - and the person wasn't available! Meanwhile, our water leak continues to damage the house.
Very poor service. I have been with the company for over a decade and it's really gone downhill.