AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

1.8

Waste of money

Grandmother had insurance forever never claimed had major accident in house left lots blood on carpet in hall and bedroom AAMI said won't cover. All that money spent for nothing.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Kristy

KristyPerth, WA

Smooth claiming process

We have been with AAMI for home and contents insurance for years now. In that time we have unfortunately had 2 claims and both times we were looked after in a timely Manner and the claim was settled promptly. I would highly recommend them for value and service so really surprised to hear others bad experience.

First claim was flooding so damaged home which was settled within 2 weeks.
Second claim was larger with storm damage, lost fence and some contents items. We did have to follow up a few times (due to the building company being slow) but still went through smoothly in around a month from initial contact.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJune 2020
Sean

SeanSydney, NSW

Hopeless, don’t use a Suncorp company

Claim still underway after 5 months. Our roof ripped off in storm. Assessor did not even look at roof before starting to settle claim! AAMI don’t have the skills or staff to deal with storms( they said this) so they shouldn’t be allowed to offer home insurance. Spent literally days on the phone trying to get sorted. Nightmare. Policy not with the paper it’s written on.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how AAMI Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Stephen

StephenEyre Peninsula, SA

Made us feel like criminals.

Constantly moves the goal post. Made us feel like criminals.
Asked for personal information which had nothing to do with the claim.

Were slow to give an answer. (I.E It should take days and not Months!)

Property TypeTownhouse
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2020

STAY AWAY from AAMI! No one is "lucky" to be with AAMI

Anthony

AnthonySydney, NSW

Unlucky I am with AAMI

During the big storm in NSW in February 2020 my house ceiling was damaged and other damaged caused by rain water and until now, almost 5 months and they do nothing about it.

Winter7AU

In the middle of a claim and concerned that the estimate for repairs has been redacted

What reason do they have to redact the cost of repairs?!

Also they have taken pictures of unrelated aspects of our house to include in the report (including our cat on the couch for some reason).

The contractor has included unrelated damage in the report to repair (ceiling "damage" which is minor cracking which existed prior to our purchase of the property when the washing machine only flooded the floor).

I am skeptical about the way our claim has been processed so far (despite the speed at which they had people non site to install drying equipment).

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateMay 2020
Tim S.

Tim S.

Middle of claim and being treated like I am criminal.

Customer of 15 years and treated like I am criminal. Never felt so humiliated.
Garden shed blew over into my fence and damaged few things and been sent to fraud department.
Wanting phone records for call history seems very unnecessary.
Will be cancelling al 6 policy’s when I settle this case

Claim DateOctober 2019
Hugh

HughSydney, NSW

Good recovery from a patchy start

Initially encountered some miscommunication issues and standard large company policy roadblocks, but to their credit they listened to my situation, understood the urgency and expedited the reimbursement.
Keeping in mind the workload from the fires and storms, I’m impressed and will stay as a customer.

JULIA HARVEYSydney, NSW

Storm damage claim 19 Feb - Report for claim still not completed - still waiting

C VMelbourne

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO AAMI???

C V

*Update*- claim finally settled on 19-6-2020. A well deserved thankyou to Bree for settling my claim and thankyou to Jodie for her phone call and apology.

Michelle

MichelleMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Beware of Aami

Happy to cover with a policy, absolutely terrible if you should have to claim. There does not appear to be any time line in place for claims. I lodged a claim in January for home Insurance and got a response in May. Not good enough. There are plenty of other insurers that offer a much more professional service in a timely manner. Street clear. Do not take a gamble with AAMI as I did.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Property TypeTownhouse
Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Mana

ManaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED, Don't trust to this company

I claimed for my phone (I lost my phone) They treated me as thief ,Several times they review my claim then they said we don't know what sort of person you are ? I still waiting for finalise my claim ,when I call AAMI just disconnecting my phone .Definitely I will cancel all my 8 policies with AAMI . please don't waste your money .

Type of ClaimTheft
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Steven

Steven

Very happy to take your money, that's it. Don't expect any service.

A very unpleasant experience. I've never made a claim in over 25 years. The assessor took too long to come and look at damage in bedroom, I was always the one chasing AAMI, they never made effort with phone calls or progress. The 2 girls I spoke with were very nice, but that does not help my problem.After 3 weeks of waiting, they decline my claim to to wear and tear. I will never use AAMI again for my home or car insurance, I dont care how cheap they are

Claim DateApril 2020

PaddywaggonMid North Coast, NSW

Took nearly 5 months for non disputed claim

Made a bushfire claim on 1st January, assessed on 14 th January (good so far) then delay after delay, hanging onto phone listning to recordings for hours, finally settled today after nearly 5 months, unlucky I'm with AAMI.

Raj

RajGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

AAMI is Fraud

AAMI keeps charging after the policy cancellation . Keep an eye on the transactions . They are charging it for past 4 months for the cancelled policy and you dont get your money back.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim MadeNo

Home insurance - EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!

My trade report reported facts about roof damage and cause. AAMI trade assessors reported that an 8yr old house damage to roof and subsequent mould in bedroom ceiling was attributed to "wear and tear" and refuted my report. Correspondence over 5 months only to be told "F..U.." ( not in those words! They are extremely happy to yake your money. This is my first cliam in 35 yrs. Instead I got a meagre payout for fixing my ceiling myself ( which does not even remeotely meet the actual cost. So sad to take advantage of my ignorance and trust. Disgusting!!

Property TypeDuplex
Claim DateNovember 2019
Squirrel

SquirrelAU

Bad Service

I claimed a claim for my ceiling it collapsed in the living room they wont cover it. Now I am thinking to get another insurance leave this insurance not happy I being paying them years my first claim I wont trust this company. I cleaned %95 of the insulations fell out from the ceiling. They only cleaned %5 so I hire carpenter got my own ceiling don with my own expenses. There engineers came take photos like tourists that's all there good for. This is there excuse for not covering I did not have wear and tear cover. I think this company will respond to wealthy people more. Don't trust them which I wont next incident I might have still wont be covered the only thing they say fake sorry .

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Caroline

Caroline

Two and a half months later and still waiting!

We have been with AAMI for three years now and haven't made a claim. Then in January 2020, our house was hit with hail and the damage was extensive. AAMI sent someone to make our place safe. After that, we haven't heard from them. I have been in contact with them on three occasions, one time braving a 3-hour phone wait. Two and a half months after our claim was lodged, and we still haven't received a decision regarding their assessment. Not good enough, we need a report and to get on with repairs. We have broken windows, a ceiling that nearly caved in on us and disconnected lighting. AAMI need to pick up their game. I will be looking at other providers when our policy bill is due.

Sacha Daniel

Sacha DanielPerth, WA

Misleading.

We have been AAMI customers for over 10 years with a home and contents.
If you google "aami covid19" they advertise "supporting customers through COVID19" but i called them last night and discussed what they offered it was very little.
I think big advertisement is deceptive and misleading.

Claim MadeNo

Winter7asked

I'm wondering if it is "normal" to redact a report so that the client cannot read the estimate for repairs...

JULIA HARVEY

I’ve only seen an incomplete list of repairs. No $, or work methods proposed. Needless to say, it’s still ongoing after 3 1/2 mths. I would ask for full disclosure.

Winter7

I've asked and so far no response. They've listed unrelated cracks from wear and tear on the ceiling as part of the claim, which is very dishonest.

B.Ward

B.Wardasked

From reading these reviews, who are the companies who do actually pay out claims for bathroom water issues ? Has anyone had success ?

Paddywaggon

My main complaint about AAMI is that they took well over 4 months to settle a fairly straightforward bushfire damage claim. OK they paid fully in the end but it was a long and tedious process which I didn't need on top of the stress from the bushfires. Their Ad's potray them as a caring and compassionate company, crap, they are looking after themselves; their shareholders and bottom line is all they really care about. Their advertising "Lucky I'm with AAMI" is just hypocritical, and they need to be called out for their cynical posturing.

Henry Diner
Henry Diner

I think they all very bad, and getting worse each year! AAMI is particularly bad but the others aren't much better.

davanmark

davanmarkasked

i'm currently with aami for house and content which is costing me $200.00 per month.
is budget direct a reputable insurance company as they are less than half the price.

Tash
Tash

Yes Budget is also good, have my one vehicle with them and no complaints yet.

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives