AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

Branko Z.

Branko Z.Sydney, NSW

Disaster unprofessional stuff hopeless company to deal with!!!

3 months after we lodge the claim still going they treat us like we are criminals they asked us to provide some documents which we did provide in record time and there no problem at the time with the documents and 2 weeks after that they said they can't accept those documents for X reasons.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateAugust 2019

coyotetk

coyotetkCanberra

Took 12 months to approve my claim and with a fight

Property TypeTownhouse
manjit k.

manjit k.Victoria

Disappointed- terrible experience with Aami. Beware of this insurance company.

Claim DateFebruary 2019
isabelle12

isabelle12Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Always re-quote every year

Our renewal for home and contents insurance was $1800 this year so I thought I would go online and get some new quotes.
I also went back into the AAMI website to requote with our exact same details only to find the quote was $400 less!
I gave them a call to question this and they said they can start a new policy for me with the new quote. So moral of the story is to not only shop around with other insurers each year but also to shop around with your existing insurer.

MMRY

MMRYGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very poor, Deteriorating services of AAMI

I have been with AAMI for for ten years continuously and missed my annual payment in July 2019. They were in rush to cancel my existing policy and trying to sell a policy as a new customer with an additional $200 added to the premium. It was a real disappointing situation considering the fact that I had just one claim for all these 10 years. Feeling ripped off by AAMI.
Prior to that I had a vehicle claim (not my fault) which I removed from AAMI due to very bad handling (did not response) so I had to talk to the other person's insurer myself and arranged to fix my vehicle. Prominent deteriorating services. Just interested in getting money. I am now going to remove all other policies I have with AAMI. I was very unlucky to be with you AAMI!

mrs g

mrs gSydney, NSW

home and contents claim

Multiple policies with AAMI for over 20 years no claims made.My claims manager based in NSW Chris Hardy was extremely courteous,fair, responsive,prompt,intelligent,proactive,warm,delightful,down to earth,empathetic,understanding and a refreshing pleasure to deal with at all times, in our interactions of progress on my claim. A great asset to his new role within AAMI. Appreciate all your work. Mrs.G. 22.8.19

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes

Scam artists stay away from AAMI

I’m currently in dispute with them.
I got hit in the back while I was on a complete stop. Their client had paid his premium and on the same day of the accident he paid his excess.
Now being the scammers that they are they want to give me a second hand bumper bar that has already been smashed before.
My car is 9 yo, I got it brand new and it’s got all new original honda parts. I expect nothing less. They have taken their money and now they don’t want to pay. STAY AWAY FROM AAMI!

Claim ApprovedNo

Jezza17

Jezza17South-Eastern Region, NSW

Good Coverage But Getting Expensive

Have been with AAMI for many years and have had a few claims. Good service each time I have claimed.
Unfortunately looking elsewhere as cost is rising way too much in comparison to competitors.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateApril 2015

Worst ever customer service!

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateJuly 2019
KEV KOALA

KEV KOALASouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints from me

Back in 2007 there was a fire in the kitchen of my rental house. You don't know how good your insurance company is until you make a claim. I could not fault AAMI, they went above & beyond my expectations. For me it was a fast, smooth, hassle free experience. Not only did they repair the kitchen, they also replaced the carpets & curtains in half the house due to smoke damage. Their premium is about $300 more per year than other insurers though. Ya get what ya pay for, I guess... & hope.

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateMay 2007

Could be easier

Revised the original review as AAMI finally finalized the claim with a reasonable resolution. The process could have been a bit easier but overall, appreciate their assistance in finalizing the claim.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019

Dharma

DharmaSydney Surrounds, NSW

No Stars For This Company

This company is appauling! Daylight robbery. I have held insurance with these guys for around 4-5 years and not a single claim and yet every year my insurance policy goes up and up and up. This year the increase is A THIRD again on the total premium. Disgusting considering I am a no claim client!!!!

CYL

CYLSydney, NSW

UNLUCKY your with AAMI

Stay away from this company, all lovely UNTIL you need to claim.
Small water damage claim under $1000 yet treated like a criminal, if it isn’t stressful enough having your things damaged then you have to deal with them.

JWeedon

JWeedonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BEWARE!

BEWARE! I have been with AAMI for car & home insurance for many years only just realised that despite insuring the same home they took it upon themselves to take off cover for ducted heating and cooling systems. When I brought this to their attention they agreed to reinstate cover for these systems but insisted on increasing premium even tho they had been on original insurance. Very underhand.

Joe Divita

Joe DivitaMelbourne

After reading aami poor service Il be going elsewhere

After
Reading theses reviews not going to bother with aami.you pay all that money all for nothing and they give you a hard time. No thanks aami .
You’re not fooling me

Slow Non-caring Arrogant Pathetic And More

Claim in for hail and storm damage for four months repairs needed for garage roof rang home repairs a number of times to enquire when work would be started standard reply received ‘will ring you back” never happened ‘ contacted aami head office threaten to take the matter to the australian financial complaints authority within days work was started and completed within three hours by one person. Excess had to be paid on the claim no matter if my car was exposed to the weather with other items of value and having no storage for an extended time.

House and Content Documents

Internet down for days needed documents for loan re insurance over house, apparently unable to print and fax a copy, offered to obtain via the app, need security code via email, obviously cant get when email down, no alternative provided, just as ypy appreciate the internet is down. Not quite sure how this is the customers fault nor problem and unsure why resolution via fax of the documents is apparently available, need a back up when internet is down!!! Very disappointed in putting the blame on the internet then the customer rather than problem solving.

Leigh O.

Leigh O.Perth, WA

Amazing service and went above and beyond.

We have been insured with AAMI and recently experienced a burst pipe. AAMI were really wonderful in arranging all repairs and keeping in touch and even paying out for electricity used by fans which were used to dry out the walls and carpets etc. All repairs have been carried out now and we would highly recommend AAMI, following our experience.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateApril 2019

Ihatescoopon

Ihatescoopon

Absolutely pathetic and slow

My home was damaged by hail storm and the ceiling collapsed as a result. 4 months later my ceiling, carpets, etc still have not been repaired or restored. AAMI outsources to home repairs who are the most pathetic group. Whenever you call them they say things take time - yeah 4 months and we are still living in a rubble - seriously I will never insure with AAMI home and contents again. In fact I will be lodging a complaint with Financial Services Ombudsman. This insurer should be closed down permanently.

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim DateFebruary 2019

L Thomas

L ThomasCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Happy a Very Quick settlement

Made a claim on line , sent required information as requested, police report etc , received call to clarify couple of things in online claim , informed claim accepted , all done (2 days) well done .

Type of ClaimTheft