AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

Not HappyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Screwed for being a Loyal Customer

Melissa

Melissa

AAMI were fantastic when making a claim on our contents policy after the recent bushfires.

They were quick to assess, approve and pay all in 1 to 2 weeks once the claim was submitted.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Type of ClaimFire
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Brad

BradPerth, WA

Avoidance of Payment

I have 3 home building insurance policies and car insurance policy with landlord policies attached to 2 of them yet they are avoiding honouring my insurance as torn carpet is not impact apparently it must be magic then..

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Clive

CliveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fraud at its very best

Unlucky due to a disputed claim over 3 months to have our home roof totally repaired instead of half of it.
The end outcome over 3 months of this disputed claim eventually came to an agreed settlement with acknowledgement they were at fault for not evaluating our claim correctly in the first place.
So unlucky to be with AAMI !!!!!

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater

brett H.

brett H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Terrible: won’t support customers

Claim DateDecember 2018

Kylie C.

Kylie C.South East Queensland, QLD

Caused damage during claim process and won’t fix it

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

TC26

TC26South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute shambles

What a nightmare. I sold a property which was part of a two property strata title. What should’ve been a simple change of bank accounts ended up taking 8 phone calls

Property TypeDuplex

John W

John WCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

High Cost of Monthly Premiums

As I do each year I tested the water for home and contents insurance. I am currently insured with RACV. AAMI were much cheaper on an annual basis but as I pay by the month I was surprised to see that the difference in monthly premium was a mere 5 cents. This was because RACV charged an effective interest rate of 4.5% to pay by the month while AAMI was charging 16.6%. As a consequence I stayed with RACV. AAMI wanted an extra 2 months worth of premiums to pay by the month. I do not know how they can justify that

Lakely

LakelyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useless helpless

I claim the rangehood and cooktop renew from AAMI. They requested technician attend my house to measure the rangehood space twice! When they come to install the items, only one person came, and told me they are not fitted. They cannot do anything. And AAMI's case manager hung up my phone. AAMI is very very unefficient. I already wait two months for this.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Brook

BrookSouthwest, VIC

No words to describe how bad AAMI are

Claim DateNovember 2015

hawki

hawkiSydney, NSW

Tried to charge for insurance after paying already

Tried to charge for insurance after paying already. This isnt the first time these thieves have tried this on. Beware. You would think this 2 bit company could tell when people have paid. Take your money, leach some more.

December 1st 2019 Update: Paid for insurance online. They want a double payment. Thieves

Paid for insurance online. They want a double payment. Said they didn't receive. Received an email. I said i need a phone call due to fraud emails. They said bad luck. So they have a stolen $ 1000 for no product. Sham

jayde marshall

jayde marshallPerth, WA

Time to LEAVE!!!! after being a loyal customer for many many years!!!!

Been with aami for my various properties insurance, they used to be GOOD! now not so much. Have had a $2000 necklace insured with them for 7+ years now, sadly this has been misplaced, i gave them all images of it, but had no receipt as its 10 years old now, they basically were willing to pay for not even half of what its valued, but they were happy to take the extra premium off me to cover for this....Shop else where, im seeing a lot of other bad reviews now for AAMI maybe its changed of ownership, back in the day they were non greedy, cheapest and best around now not so much....now time for me to move my insurance elsewhere and never return!!

Type of ClaimNo Claim Made
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019

Anna

AnnaTasmania

AAMI wasting your money paying this insurer

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim DateJuly 2019

Exsg

ExsgMelbourne

Poor workmanship/trades

Lodged a building and contents claim due to storm damage. Trades that are sent have poor workmanship/careless in their work and need to be sent back multiple times to rectify the problem.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Extremely unfair, negligent an irresponsible insurer

13 Month since accident and they choose to settle with a 1/3 of actual provided as a fair settlement by Lawyer. Yet AAMI won't provide dignity. Quick to advertise, promote irresponsible in a fair settlement.

Claim DateOctober 2018
Scott

ScottHobart, TAS

One claim in two decades and it was rejected.

Very disappointed. We have been insured with AAMI House and Contents for many many years. First claim ever and it was rejected. No attempt to keep our business, so I'm assuming this is their business model, take your money for years then when someone claims, reject it and send them elsewhere whilst keeping the thousands of dollars paid in premiums. Claim was for carpet damage.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Branko Z.

Branko Z.Sydney, NSW

Disaster unprofessional stuff hopeless company to deal with!!!

3 months after we lodge the claim still going they treat us like we are criminals they asked us to provide some documents which we did provide in record time and there no problem at the time with the documents and 2 weeks after that they said they can't accept those documents for X reasons.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateAugust 2019

coyotetk

coyotetkCanberra

Took 12 months to approve my claim and with a fight

Property TypeTownhouse

manjit k.

manjit k.Victoria

Disappointed- terrible experience with Aami. Beware of this insurance company.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateFebruary 2019

isabelle12

isabelle12Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Always re-quote every year

Our renewal for home and contents insurance was $1800 this year so I thought I would go online and get some new quotes.
I also went back into the AAMI website to requote with our exact same details only to find the quote was $400 less!
I gave them a call to question this and they said they can start a new policy for me with the new quote. So moral of the story is to not only shop around with other insurers each year but also to shop around with your existing insurer.