AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

• Coverage Type
    • Home & Contents (45)
    • Home Only (9)
    • Contents Only (4)

Two and a half months later and still waiting!

We have been with AAMI for three years now and haven't made a claim. Then in January 2020, our house was hit with hail and the damage was extensive. AAMI sent someone to make our place safe. After that, we haven't heard from them. I have been in contact with them on three occasions, one time braving a 3-hour phone wait. Two and a half months after our claim was lodged, and we still haven't received a decision regarding their assessment. Not good enough, we need a report and to get on with repairs. We have broken windows, a ceiling that nearly caved in on us and disconnected lighting. AAMI need to pick up their game. I will be looking at other providers when our policy bill is due.

Sacha Daniel

Sacha DanielPerth, WA

Misleading.

We have been AAMI customers for over 10 years with a home and contents.
If you google "aami covid19" they advertise "supporting customers through COVID19" but i called them last night and discussed what they offered it was very little.
I think big advertisement is deceptive and misleading.

Grant B.

Grant B.Victoria

Flabbergasted and exhausted

Had a sewerage leak on 2nd January 2020, have had nothing but problems with miscommunication and staff getting things wrong all the way through the process, but it doesn't end there once they admit there has been error upon error they still make more errors, this is still on going. Even with my own evidence in the event of more errors being made they just dismiss it like its nothing. Also to be told by [name removed] (claims manager) he has other customers he has to deal with this implies to me that I am just not that important after all the errors that have been made. Fix this now please absolutely shocking! Ps there is a lot more complaints on this claim not just what I have written that need attending to.

Claim DateJanuary 2002
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how AAMI Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Stellar performance after fire

We have been AAMI Insurance customers for 15+ years with only a small previous claim. Imagine my surprise, after reading so many negative reviews, when we had a fire on our property and our claims rep Melissa, handled everything quickly, professionally and empathetically. What a class act! I would recommend AAMI to anyone who would listen!

Type of ClaimFire
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Rip off

Cancelled home insurance. They took 2 payments at $660 . Abused hell out of them . Refunded 200 . Called back up into them again . Safe behind there desks telling us to bad . Argued pound of 200 refund . Saying 4 days cover is $130 . And the other payment is too bad also. Mutts clear and simple . Avoid

Ruth W.

Ruth W.Victoria

AAMI is amazing. I feel I am wise to choose AAMI.

to know an insurance company, it's not looking at it policy price, but to looking at how it handling the claims.

My claim process is easy, AAMI responds very quickly and assign a case manager who I can communicate with all the time. Which I think it's great and convenient.

I feel I am well cared for by the company and case manager Anastasia. She has guided me step by step in the whole process. I feel I am wise and lucky to choose AAMI.

AAMI has been my insurer for home and car for more than a decade. I will definitely choose AAMI for the future.

Claim DateDecember 2019
Darren

DarrenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unlucky You're with AAMI

Type of ClaimTheft
Zoe

ZoeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Scam!!! Worst Company I Have Dealt With...ever!!!!

I have house & contents insurance, provided all paperwork & receipts for a serious plumbing problem. They made it impossible to get back any money, just to help cover abit of the cost. The whole reason you have insurance!!!!
One man even had the audacity to tell me I hadn't been with them long enough, when I have never had a claim before. Infuriating!

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Worst insurance company ever!!!!!!

Sent our dodgy plumber trying to get extra jobs. Trying to make us fix things that weren't broken before they would repair issue. 2 claims have been seriously hard work and now cancelled the policy. Never again!!!

Property TypeDuplex

Ryan

RyanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still waiting!!

Still waiting for the list of works to be finalised 4 months after the claim I’ve been on the phone after holding and not getting hold of my case manager so many times I’ve lost count.
Next stop is the ombudsman to get some closure. Over it

Claim DateNovember 2019
Too Patient

Too Patient

On hold for over an hour and then hung up on!

Ive tried to call AAMI about 10 times each time Im on hold for over an hour! I get messages that they have tried to call but I cant seem to get through when I call back! Have emailed and no response! Just quite disappointed really. Pls respond. Its been months now of this phone tag.

Claim DateNovember 2019

TashPerth, WA

AAMI CLAIMS DEPARTMENT

5 years with AAMI. Claim lodged for boundary wall. No response from AAMI. Follow-up, on hold for 48 mins and told claim closed. Claim reopened, quotes submitted. Status require quotes.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020

Unresponsive, apathetic and impossible to reach

I am so incredibly disappointed with Aami. Our place was flooded and there is no communication. I’ve called them at least 12 times nobody from the claims dept Answers. I did receive a message saying that they have tried to call me and I should call back however nobody responds when I call back. There is Only very vague communication. I’ve sent them emails begging for direction and a response to our claim but you just wait on hold with nobody responding to calls or emails. I appreciate that there have been many claims at this time in Australia however this is totally unacceptable!! I have numerous policies with aami for way over a decade and at times like this a company is tested. Aami has failed the test miserably

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Cindy5

Cindy5sydney

Been 17 days since flood claimed lodged, no progress with 3rd party restoration company Callais Group

Coverage TypeContents Only

Wait times over 1hr and still have not gotten thought

I would like to cancel a claim and have tried 5 times and waited on hold for over 1hr on 3 of those 5 occasions but I cannot get through

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Disappointed

My brother put a claim for first time with AAMI for first time. Due to his disability I help him, his roof collapsed as water got in from broken tiles. When I rang the consultant wanted me to pay access before builder even looked at job. They said builder will call in 24 hours to make it safe. Day 4 noone called. Water leaking in brothers. Lounge room. So since their builder didn't contact me. I got my own builder to make it safe for my brother. Now AAMI are giving me a hard time to process my claim cause I picked my own builder. Disgraceful service. Still waiting for their reply to get approval for roof to be repaired.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
kazkelly

kazkellyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Premium goes up service goes down !!!!!!!!!!!

I have just renewed my policy to my regret. I need to speak to an actual person and I have been put on hold for one hour. My premium has gone up and up and the service has gone down .I am not a happy client....

Not Happy

Not HappyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Screwed for being a Loyal Customer

Melissa

Melissa

AAMI were fantastic when making a claim on our contents policy after the recent bushfires.

They were quick to assess, approve and pay all in 1 to 2 weeks once the claim was submitted.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Type of ClaimFire
Brad

BradPerth, WA

Avoidance of Payment

I have 3 home building insurance policies and car insurance policy with landlord policies attached to 2 of them yet they are avoiding honouring my insurance as torn carpet is not impact apparently it must be magic then..

Type of ClaimImpact at Home