AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by AAMI

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (4)
    • 1-2 weeks (9)
    • 2-4 weeks (14)
    • 1-2 months (10)
    • 3+ months (53)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (43) · No (40)

Georgina M.
Georgina M.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service, the worst insurance company I have dealt with.

We have been insured with AAMI for just over two years, we currently have a claim underway for flood damage which was lodged in February 2022. We have had little to no contact from AAMI or our claims manager [Name Removed] regarding our claim despite hours on hold and upwards of 9 emails sent. We had sent them a quote for repairs, no reply and two weeks later an assessor turned up. 8 emails later asking for ANY information and still nothing back. Today I was on hold for 3 hours only to be hung up on, all we need is information as to what is happening but apparently that's too hard for the AAMI team. DO NOT USE THEM.

PrincessCattibrie
PrincessCattibrieSydney, NSW

Some frustration

bouldydash
bouldydash

terrible, worse insurer I have been with. do not recommend

after the storm, we had a leaking roof, a leaking balcony, and a tree fell on our fence.
It takes waiting 2-3 hours each time to call, and the client manager never ever get back to you. So the only way is to wait 2-3 hours. had to call about 10 times. Then after 2 months, AAMI decided to reject all the claim for 'lack of maintenance'. Not sure how the tree falling on the fence is a lack of maintenance.
also it was impossible to go on the roof to clean with 2 months of heavy rain. Easy to get through when setting up, but impossible to reach when making claims. So Unlucky we are with AAMI

Rex
RexSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst insurance I have ever had

I have been with AAMI for 2 years.

This year, Queensland had a storm and flood. I was patient enough to wait for 2 months to let them get the bloody building estimator to process the claim.

However, the building estimator produced a wrong report and I requested a rectification. No one cared about my concern until I made a complaint to the Ombudsman.

The building company they used were the worst of all, Ambrose building. They damaged your home to a further degree. The employees were dishonest and nasty, always lie about things.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how AAMI Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Half fence fix

Car knocked over fence. AAMI only repaired half stating other half was already knocked over (it was not). Hours arguing to no avail. Just finding ways not to pay. Avoid using.

Joe
JoeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

48% increase on previous year

Our H&C insurance increased by 48% year on year despite no claims being made. This is on top of the fact we have numerous policies with AAMI (4) . When I requested a review I was advised that a $25 reduction could be made but the reason for my increase was due to having received discounted deals previously. Good way to lose business

Poor follow up on claims

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Dan
DanPerth, WA

Extra $500 payment

Was late to pay my insurance. Now are trying to charge me $500 extra. They also bump your payments up every year, so beware and have to check.

The customer service didn't even try to help and said they can't do anything.

They blamed the oil/fuel prices on $500 price rise nothing to do with insurance.

Graham
GrahamHunter Region, NSW

Fat Chance!

..hot on the heels of an increase in my car insurance, comes my home insurance renewal. Premium increase 38.9% (that's their words). Thought I would do the right thing and call to discuss. They tell me that I had a flooding incident 2 weeks previous from a creek that is > 5 kms away!!! You think I would know about something like that. My wife has lived in the same street for 60 years and never seen a flood!
The phone called dropped the premium to +20%. Just makes you wonder. AAMI unlucky and never again.
This shameless money grab has lost them 2 car, 1 house and 2 ctp policies not mention everyone that I am telling

NIGEL
NIGELDarwin, NT

Shoddy / non existent Service

Made a claim on 05 Mar 22, for storm damage, online. Easy process with aami immediately taking my excess. That's the last I have heard. Claims manager has never contacted me, despite messaging through their portal. This company is a joke, avoid. One star rating because it doesn't let you give a minus rating.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Matt
MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid AAMI as an Insurance Option

AAMI didn’t care where the water came from that flooded our house. They just made sure they didn’t have to pay out our claim. The fine print will get you.

John J.
John J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolute disgrace and dodgy

We have been with AAMI for years.
The earthquake caused paint to crack, floors to split and brand new plaster to crack.
AAMI did everything to avoid paying despite it being a new kitchen, clear photos showing no damage before, and less than three months old plaster.

I should mention they took months to get here.

We will be moving all our policies elsewhere as they are dishonest.
In speaking to neighbours with similar damage their insurance companies fixed and compensated.

SomeDudeWhoIsUsuallyNice
SomeDudeWhoIsUsuallyNicesydney

Service was good.. But renewals are punishing

Have been with AAMI for over 10 years and multiple policies.. like all insurance policies, have had steady rises in renewals. I had made a claim in the last 12 months due to heavy rain that exposed work by a dodgy tradesman who damaged our roof. Anyway, the service delivery for repairs was timely and well done. The first time I made a claim in 10 years. Then my renewal came through and increased by 50%. Have to look around now and compare.. Has anyone else also suffered massive hikes in home and contents insurance recently ?

Alex M.
Alex M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

AAMI Home insurance

We had a storm that created a big damage to our property. Once I’ve rang aami they said someone from home repair will ring me shortly. They rang 2 days later just to orgenise an assessment which the earliest was 6 weeks later! After the assessor came finally and wrote his report I haven’t heard back from AAMI again. I had to ring them 7! Times, left messages, wrote emails but nothing. Almost 3 month later I still didn’t get any reply from them for when it will be fixed/paid off! Once this is finished I will never deal with them again!

Terrible service - online crashes, long wait times, wrong information