AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (10)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (41)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (34) · No (30)

kalidasan ramdas

kalidasan ramdasSydney, NSW

Poor Customer Service

Very poor customer service, take hours to answer the phone , same with their contractors, keep you going circles without any result. Not happy planning to switch insurance company.Very unlucky customer

Caz

CazSydney

The worst. Go anywhere but AAMI

I had an inspection on the 12th of April, for water damage.
I was assigned a client manager...who has done nothing.
I am unable to get through to anybody ever on their phone lines.
I don’t think they have anyone answering any phone ever.
No one replies to emails. And meanwhile I am left stranded.....do not know the outcome or any thing.
I have been with AAMI for decades with my cars and spend a lot of money on home insurance for zero customer service. My advice to anyone is to avoid them like the plague.
You can’t find one frigging person there to talk to.
The ACCC need to look into this, which I have now reported them to.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
stefan

stefanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Doubled my quote

I've been with aami over 40yrs,except 4 last year. I went to change bac to them,and they hav gone from a quoted 1700 dollars last year,to over 3000 this year.i had one claim for approx 1000 for hearing aids about 3years ago.they are double every other insurer I tried
They've lostt me.and my other insurances

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how AAMI Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Jake

JakeSydney, NSW

They have Hidden Charges, Never tell you the truth. Don't use them

They have so many hidden charges which they will never tell you on call or email. But once you ask them for a refund they come up with all the stupid reasons. All lies.

JJT

JJT

Easy claims process and very efficient service

Hahe

HaheSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware : never choose AAMI

AAMI is busy working on claims trying hard to get away from fixing damages, going to great lengths to show that the damages are pre-existing. AAMI is pocketing the money on our Complete Replacement Cover policy saying the internal cracks in the house is due to movement and not related to hailstorm when we have a Building Inspector’s Report. 5 months since hailstorm hit our house and we are still waiting on the Scope of Works. Roofers, plasterers, painters, carpenter, electrician, none of them have been here yet to fix any damages. They are forcing us to take a cash settlement while we want our house to be re-built stating its in the PDS. Beware of AAMI, stay away from AAMI.

Bernie G.

Bernie G.South East Queensland, QLD

25% premium increase!

I have been with AAMI for 21 years. I know increases in costs are inevitable but 25% is a little to much to handle. I have only ever made one claim when a drunk driver went through our front fence about 8 years ago.

The area I'm in now doesn't seem to have much crime nore would I say it is subject to flooding..

It is a townhouse in a small complex. Other units are well cheaper to insure then mine..

I just find it unacceptable.

David T

David TSydney, NSW

Very Deeply Distressing Claims Ordeal

Mike Escher

Mike EscherGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ridiculous premium increases every year

Tim

Tim

Happy with the service

Lodged a claim for something which was lost at work on my contents insurance. All and all the claim went through quickly with minimal fuss and I have no complaints.

Michelle Louise

Michelle LouiseSydney, NSW

Maybe not so lucky we are with AAMI..... 5 times the price of NRMA!

Unhelpful

Very unhelpful after storm damage to home. They assigned Johns Lyng Group who basically ruined our house through using incompetent trades. We got told our contents would be completely paid out then we had to fight to get 80% of the funds to replace our belongings. Should have been a 6 month job and we are now past 9. Won’t match tiles and colours throughout the house and won’t match new windows with existing ones. It’s one thing to find a cheap policy but very different to have a policy that will repair your house properly.

Dishonest service

We had our roof independently checked when we bought our house. soon after purchase there was a hail storm that caused damage and leakages. 4 different roofers said the roof had been damaged in the storm and needed to be restored or replaced. AAMI refused and said that it was a dodgy tile but I should get it fixed at my own expense. they then underquoted the repairs required in order to dismiss the claim. When I disputed the claims person became aggressive and legally threatening with our valid case. This has been going on for 12 months so far.

Frankie R.

Frankie R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst insurance company.

Have been waiting 4 months now with no resolution to my claim. I call every week to get anything moved along. There is zero customer service. They will do anything to get out of paying a legitimate claim.

Steve

StevePerth, WA

BEWARE of AAMI

Shane

Shane

Never trust AAMI Insurance

I had 6 properties insured with AAMI and i got 5 cars insured with AMMi
Ithere was storm damged to the perqula and it was big damage to the fascia boards and Eaves and ut was expensive cost which AAMI did not accept that and they said it is wear and tear
Which two builder came and checked the damages and they were agreed with the storme damaged
Please be careful and don't deal with this company

Coverage TypeHome Only
AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI
son

sonSouth East Queensland, QLD

AAMI spent money to avoid paying for the storm damage

Hi all,
I have multiple home and car insurance with AAMI for the last 5 years or more without any claim. Last October the storm hit one of the suburb which I got an investment house. When I submitted the claim, AAMI only willing to repair the external damages but not the water that leaked inside the house, which damaged the ceiling and etc. I made a complaint about this. They then sent out an engineer to identify faults in the construction and blamed that the damaged to the ceiling was a results of this. Even though the house has been constructed nearly 20 years ago.

Is any one experiencing the same issue like this. I would like to know before I switch insurer.

Son

Coverage TypeHome Only
Julie B.

Julie B.Perth, WA

Would never recommend AAMI

I lodged a claim, only to find out my specified item was not covered at all as it was nit lost at my home...
To get told I would only receive $1000 well $900 after excess.
Then send my vision to be reviewed....

MichelleLaunceston, TAS

Avoid AAMI

Insured with AAMi for 7 years, lodged a claim last year, my first ever claim, for water damage in bathroom was declined, then my premium went up over $200 a year.
Phone to cancel and they was adding on extra fees from 7 years ago when you get your cover note.
Customer service is so poor.
I shopped around and saved nearly $500 a year on my new insurance & much better cover.
It's time consuming but shop around, AAMI are not worth the money you give them .

HEG

HEG

Unlucky I’m with AAMI

Paid these criminals over $25000 over the years. Made my first ever small claim of less that the excess I have to pay.

However they bend over backwards to make exclusions of what they will pay. Their PDS is vague and overly complicated to confuse and. Is lead people. And who will go with a fine tooth comb over the PDS if you never had any experience with you might actually need I the event of maki g a claim?

Worse than banks. It really sure it is actually worth paying insurance at all.

AAMI