AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

AAMI Home & Contents Insurance

Lakely

LakelyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useless helpless

I claim the rangehood and cooktop renew from AAMI. They requested technician attend my house to measure the rangehood space twice! When they come to install the items, only one person came, and told me they are not fitted. They cannot do anything. And AAMI's case manager hung up my phone. AAMI is very very unefficient. I already wait two months for this.

Claim DateOctober 2019

Brook

BrookSouthwest, VIC

No words to describe how bad AAMI are

Claim DateNovember 2015
hawki

hawkiSydney, NSW

Tried to charge for insurance after paying already

Tried to charge for insurance after paying already. This isnt the first time these thieves have tried this on. Beware. You would think this 2 bit company could tell when people have paid. Take your money, leach some more.

December 1st 2019 Update: Paid for insurance online. They want a double payment. Thieves

Paid for insurance online. They want a double payment. Said they didn't receive. Received an email. I said i need a phone call due to fraud emails. They said bad luck. So they have a stolen $ 1000 for no product. Sham

Claim MadeNo

Time to LEAVE!!!! after being a loyal customer for many many years!!!!

Been with aami for my various properties insurance, they used to be GOOD! now not so much. Have had a $2000 necklace insured with them for 7+ years now, sadly this has been misplaced, i gave them all images of it, but had no receipt as its 10 years old now, they basically were willing to pay for not even half of what its valued, but they were happy to take the extra premium off me to cover for this....Shop else where, im seeing a lot of other bad reviews now for AAMI maybe its changed of ownership, back in the day they were non greedy, cheapest and best around now not so much....now time for me to move my insurance elsewhere and never return!!

Type of ClaimNo Claim Made
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019

Anna

AnnaTasmania

AAMI wasting your money paying this insurer

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim DateJuly 2019

Exsg

ExsgMelbourne

Poor workmanship/trades

Lodged a building and contents claim due to storm damage. Trades that are sent have poor workmanship/careless in their work and need to be sent back multiple times to rectify the problem.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Extremely unfair, negligent an irresponsible insurer

13 Month since accident and they choose to settle with a 1/3 of actual provided as a fair settlement by Lawyer. Yet AAMI won't provide dignity. Quick to advertise, promote irresponsible in a fair settlement.

Claim DateOctober 2018

Scott

ScottHobart, TAS

One claim in two decades and it was rejected.

Very disappointed. We have been insured with AAMI House and Contents for many many years. First claim ever and it was rejected. No attempt to keep our business, so I'm assuming this is their business model, take your money for years then when someone claims, reject it and send them elsewhere whilst keeping the thousands of dollars paid in premiums. Claim was for carpet damage.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Branko Z.

Branko Z.Sydney, NSW

Disaster unprofessional stuff hopeless company to deal with!!!

3 months after we lodge the claim still going they treat us like we are criminals they asked us to provide some documents which we did provide in record time and there no problem at the time with the documents and 2 weeks after that they said they can't accept those documents for X reasons.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateAugust 2019
coyotetk

coyotetkCanberra

Took 12 months to approve my claim and with a fight

Property TypeTownhouse

manjit k.

manjit k.Victoria

Disappointed- terrible experience with Aami. Beware of this insurance company.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateFebruary 2019

isabelle12

isabelle12Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Always re-quote every year

Our renewal for home and contents insurance was $1800 this year so I thought I would go online and get some new quotes.
I also went back into the AAMI website to requote with our exact same details only to find the quote was $400 less!
I gave them a call to question this and they said they can start a new policy for me with the new quote. So moral of the story is to not only shop around with other insurers each year but also to shop around with your existing insurer.

MMRY

MMRYGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very poor, Deteriorating services of AAMI

I have been with AAMI for for ten years continuously and missed my annual payment in July 2019. They were in rush to cancel my existing policy and trying to sell a policy as a new customer with an additional $200 added to the premium. It was a real disappointing situation considering the fact that I had just one claim for all these 10 years. Feeling ripped off by AAMI.
Prior to that I had a vehicle claim (not my fault) which I removed from AAMI due to very bad handling (did not response) so I had to talk to the other person's insurer myself and arranged to fix my vehicle. Prominent deteriorating services. Just interested in getting money. I am now going to remove all other policies I have with AAMI. I was very unlucky to be with you AAMI!

mrs g

mrs gSydney, NSW

home and contents claim

Multiple policies with AAMI for over 20 years no claims made.My claims manager based in NSW Chris Hardy was extremely courteous,fair, responsive,prompt,intelligent,proactive,warm,delightful,down to earth,empathetic,understanding and a refreshing pleasure to deal with at all times, in our interactions of progress on my claim. A great asset to his new role within AAMI. Appreciate all your work. Mrs.G. 22.8.19

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes

Scam artists stay away from AAMI

I’m currently in dispute with them.
I got hit in the back while I was on a complete stop. Their client had paid his premium and on the same day of the accident he paid his excess.
Now being the scammers that they are they want to give me a second hand bumper bar that has already been smashed before.
My car is 9 yo, I got it brand new and it’s got all new original honda parts. I expect nothing less. They have taken their money and now they don’t want to pay. STAY AWAY FROM AAMI!

Jezza17

Jezza17South-Eastern Region, NSW

Good Coverage But Getting Expensive

Have been with AAMI for many years and have had a few claims. Good service each time I have claimed.
Unfortunately looking elsewhere as cost is rising way too much in comparison to competitors.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateApril 2015

Worst ever customer service!

Coverage TypeContents Only
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateJuly 2019

KEV KOALA

KEV KOALASouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints from me

Back in 2007 there was a fire in the kitchen of my rental house. You don't know how good your insurance company is until you make a claim. I could not fault AAMI, they went above & beyond my expectations. For me it was a fast, smooth, hassle free experience. Not only did they repair the kitchen, they also replaced the carpets & curtains in half the house due to smoke damage. Their premium is about $300 more per year than other insurers though. Ya get what ya pay for, I guess... & hope.

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateMay 2007

Could be easier

Revised the original review as AAMI finally finalized the claim with a reasonable resolution. The process could have been a bit easier but overall, appreciate their assistance in finalizing the claim.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019

Dharma

DharmaSydney Surrounds, NSW

No Stars For This Company

This company is appauling! Daylight robbery. I have held insurance with these guys for around 4-5 years and not a single claim and yet every year my insurance policy goes up and up and up. This year the increase is A THIRD again on the total premium. Disgusting considering I am a no claim client!!!!