ADT Security

1.8

Heather

HeatherSydney, NSW

Mislead

I had cameras installed about 12 months ago and the sales men didn't explain properly how they work.
What is the point of having cameras if they don't alert you on your mobile when someone is coming up the driveway. very disappointed. I was Mislead.

Maria

MariaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't go with them

They charge way too much, they are rude and they make you sign 3 year contract. In case you want to break contract they will charge you 3K fee. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone at all. They are not even flexible negotiating the price.

flamencojin

flamencojinMelbourne

Many system failures and customer service issues

Stay Away From ADT

Been with ADT for years, now well out of contract, go to cancel monitoring and they won't do it. Say we have to pay large amount of money to cease payments and also pay for a technician to remove the equipment and send it back to them. Terrible company to deal with. We are lucky in that we never did direct debit, just paid monthly invoices. Despite having told them months ago to cancel, they continue to invoice us and they tell us the debt will continue to rise. We have paid them so much over the years, they have been told to cancel our service so we're not paying anymore. Deceitful, dishonest company. Gave 1 star because 0 not an option.

Jigyasa S.

Jigyasa S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst service - don't ever take

Never ever take ADT connection - 3 year contract with no installation fee is an eye wash. The monthly installment increases every now and then but you are in contract - can't leave right? So we tolerated it. After 3 years, I called ADT to disconnect (we have had enough) but they told me I had to pay $450 as exit fee (as ADT owned equipment) or gave me a choice that I could pay for another year and then no disconnection fees. I choose to pay for another year. After an year, I have called them now and this time they want $550 for disconnection!!! The customer service told me they have no record of me calling and I could go to law if I felt I was being cheated. Haven't seen worse customer care ...

val

valSouth Australia

Read the fine print

All okay until it went up to $49.10 a month for monitoring. Goes up every 12 months. 3 year contract finished, wanted to change companies. We paid $750.00 to start, thought we paid for equipment, they are saying that was installation cost, equipment only hired. To keep equipment we have to pay over $500. Or pay them to remove , and get new company to put in equipment again. Not put in writing that 750 is installing fee, its itemized so thought it wad outs.

Store LocationAdelaide. SA
Hannah

HannahSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT USE ADT

They are scam. Overcharge, not helpful and not reliable. A technician visit costed me another thousand just to reset the password on CCTV and still doesn’t work. I can’t wait for my contract to be over. This company is a joke. Stay away from them. I would give them 0 star if I can. Pls do not use this company.

Store LocationBrisbane
Sunny

SunnySydney, NSW

Stay away from them. Very deceptive and Misleading

Be careful and try to avoid them! I am having a bad experience with them. Whatever they agree with in person is not put in the contract clearly. They sign up with a contract with low costs and at the end of the contract they introduce all sorts of costs to keep the device. Make it clear and in written as to who owns the device. They have contradictory statements. And if you do not want to keep the device they have really huge cost for removing the device from premises and puts the customer in a situation where the customer has no choice to buy the device. They are deceptive and misleading.

Natty

NattySydney, NSW

Very professional

Thanks to Adrian from adt who come out to my house and gave me a great price on my security system which was also installed in prompt timing also a friendly experience really recommend the services

Not happy

Not happyCarrum

ADT Harassment at it's finest

This ADT Security system was installed for safety reasons however being home & someone opening my front door causing the alarm to go off with no ADT service in sight i decided that monitoring was a waste. I have requested for this monitoring service to be terminated 8x via phone & email - they continue to ring 2-3x a day & email me invoices. How do I get them to stop harassing me & do what I requested them to do back in December. Sorry but I would give 0 stars if I could.

Please think carefully before buying ADT

This company is so unprofessional and untrustworthy. I finally decided to cancel my subscription late last year as I was seeing little value in the monitoring service, but they are still taking payments. Now on multiple calls to their understaffed and disjointed call centre to sort this out.

LegionellaSG1

LegionellaSG1Queensland

Very satisfied customer.

I’m a new customer with ADT and our customer journey from lodging a query online, meeting up with the sales representative and booking an installation date with the technicians has been fantastic! What stood out for me was our QLD sales representative, Jeff.
Jeff was very professional and honest.
He not only provided a proposal for a security system customised to our requirement but also shared tips. Value-added service.

Corbs79

Corbs79Sydney, NSW

I have never been so appalled

You are not given any over the phone support, the only technical support offered is a call out for a technician which cost you $170 + extra for every additional 15 minutes. I can't believe that a company can endorse a product without any training or product support, I have even had technicians come out that know nothing about CCTV. The last tech came out and did not know how to resolve the issue so it took him more than 15 minutes resulting in additional charges. I wish I could cancel this contract and move on, I am very disappointed in ADT and their lack of service.

Ashleigh

AshleighPerth, WA

ADT WORST COMPANY EVER

ADT - despicable customer service, Shonky installs, faulty system configurations, Rip off. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone who is considering cctv systems with them. Look at another organisation to do it for you

Store LocationADT
Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst customer service in my life

Customer for 27.5 years. System good until it breaks down and then watch the service call centre to not be able help but then blackmail you with such exorbitant costs

Never again!

Paid over $40 per month in monitoring services
Price went up every year for 5 years
Called them to cancel monitoring, still waiting on them to refund the last charge they took off my card after service was cancelled. This was 3 months ago. I ring and chase every week. Disgusting they must be on commission or strict sales targets as they totally rip you off

Store LocationADT Security

RonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cut to the chase

this company shouldn't be allowed to operate they are criminal

got told we could pay off our security system over 3 years. they made us sign a contract which we were told would mean we would own it at the end - now it seems we have already paid for the system, but if we want to keep it we have to pay another $3k for it - which would basically be paying for it twice. Sales woman lied to us and ripped us off blind - when we rang the company they said contract is signed so we can do nothing and we do not care at all what you say becuase we have a contract - lying, deceptive, deliberately cheating hard working consumers to line the pockets of their company. Every review online is either bad or worse.

KDS

KDSSydney, NSW

Be Careful with this organisation

Be very careful in reading their contracts that are not in accordance with what their sales people tell you
I would go elsewhere - some ADT people simply lie to get the deal across the line then are "forgetful" when challenged
NEVER AGAIN
I'd rate them zero stars if the option was avialable

Store Locationdirect

rom

romPerth, WA

service needs to improve further

clearly the customer service has improved a lot. still a lot can be done. I used the service for 3 years and my experience has been a fair but could have been a lot better.

Splinter

Splinterasked

Re calling for an Ambulance - where are ADT operators located? Are they in Australia?

Damian

Damianasked

Does anyone else think its odd that the majority of the (26) 5 Star reviews for ADT are from " customers" that have had the system for years....I mean, who looks for a product review site and then writes a positive review for a company after 2, 3 or even 5 years? I can understand someone writing a positive review just after installation, but 5 years later....hmmm

Ron

Hi, my answer to your point. Monitoring your alarm, is a long term value.Hence, its only any good, when broken into. Hence, if your paying $12pw, under a 36 month contract, and the alarm goes off after 2 years, its cost you $1248, you expect service. ADT, are useless, no customer service.

Those reviews are from ADT Management

Althomasked

Why are ADT quoting $1016 to convert an alarm system for compatibility with the NBN when the RAC are quoting $349 and others are offering to do the conversion for free?
Why are ADT quoting $68/month monitoring charges post conversion when the RAC are quoting $35/month and others are offering $38/month after free conversion

Shaun g
Shaun g

Because they’re corrupt

Renee B.
Renee B.

I was told by ADT I would have to have a new system put in because NBN was not compatible with my system. This was over 12 months ago and I am still using my original ADT alarm with no problems. Still works and if I test by setting off my alarm they still phone me back as they are monitoring my alarm still.