ADT Security

ADT Security

See the Best Home Care Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Happy with ADT and the Salesperson engagement

I have ordered ADT through online, and the response was prompt and have fixed appointment with a Sales person on my convenient time. Patrick Salameh who came to my house, was excellent in analyzing my Security needs and able to provide solution suiting my requirement. He was upfront, honest and helpful. He also went extra mile promised to get my installation job done within a weeks time, and kept his promise!!!

Kumar

KumarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beware!!! Worst service and hidden charges

I have been told my the sales guy that I pay $1180 for the initial setup and one equipment is owned by ADT and can disconnect from the service anytime after 12months contract. Now after 12 months they are saying that I need to pay $400+ to keep the equipment or pay $171 for a technician to come and remove the box. Also they are saying that all the existing sensors will not work if they remove it. I have never faced this much worst service. Not explaining enough to the customer and at the end of the contract trying to get as much money as possible.

WendyJD

WendyJDHobart, TAS

Pathetic

Not happy with your service whatsoever. Initially I was told my payment was for alarm AND monitoring monthly, only to find once it was installed in my home that I had an extra cost to pay for the alarm. NOW I FIND that I have to pay extra again for a technician to come and connect my security camera to my new ISP provider. Something else I was not advised that if I change ISP's this could happen. $171+ for half hours work, it's disgusting how you treat your customers. I wish I had never got my alarm through you.

Transparent and effective

Frosa was fantastic; very upfront, friendly, honest and helpful. I like the personalised contact. I have gotten the security functions I want at a good price and they work well (as they should).

Store LocationADT Security Australia

Catsmother

CatsmotherSydney Surrounds, NSW

Thrilled to bits with the service

No issues with installation and incorporation with pieces of my previous system. What is fantastic is that when I was on a cruise, my pet sitter forgot to set the alarm. I had a bit on an issue with the internet trying to arm it so got onto the support desk. In the meantime, one more try and I armed the hous from the middle of the ocean! Also, the support desk got back to me in 5 minutes and confirmed the alarm system was armed! 11 out of 10 ADT!!!!!

Caroline

CarolineSydney, NSW

ADT - highly recommended

Highly recommend ADT for their excellent customer service & professional staff. Pricing is competitive & quality products. Very happy with our security system. Our consultant David was well informed, helpful throughout the process & gave honest advice.

Stay away from the company complete scam

Installed at our business Hard disk failed called several times no response. Spoke to customer service team and promised some one will come and have a look in couple of days its been two weeks no response called them again to hear the same story. Stay away from them.

This Is Perfect

"I have multiple stores with ADT security and I am very happy with the service provided by David who looks after my account. Also the technician was very professional and did a fantastic job would recommend to everybody"

Perfect service and quick response from David

I had the job done with no drama ad David kept the process running very smooth and easy also Nad was very professional and easy to deal with.. perfect job

Great customer service provided by David Difrancesco

I found David to be reliable,honest and knowledgeble who easily convinced me to sign up the contract with ADT security. David should be recognised by his employer for his hard work. I am happy to recommend David to my friends and family.

Jack

JackVictoria

Not sure who are worse - the crooks or ADT

Jay

Jay

Absolute useless customer service

Customer service representative useless and of no help. I saw a missed call from them (did not get it because it is after-hours at 7pm-ish), and did not bother to attempt to call me back. I only realised its ADT after i had to go through my list of missed calls. Because of this i missed an earlier appointment and do not bother compensating for their stuff up.
Absolute garbage. I hope they get hit by a car

Damian

DamianSydney, NSW

Unprofessional underqualified technicians - arrogant complaints department - disingenuous sales -ineffective call centre

Cheryl

CherylSouth East Queensland, QLD

NON- DIRECT DEBIT FEE

Store LocationThe system was already in the house when we purchased it.
Pcm

Pcm

poor service

too many things to list .very unprofessional. techs who never turn up on time wasting time and money , techs who come in to install items they have already installed or even doing a job for the first time ,poor communication with customers. need multiple site visits to do a job . call centre doesnt know what tech division is doing ,.conflicting advice by different advisors.they sell equipment which they dont support fully. very disappointed. Regret going with ADT.

ADT = Crooks and liars!

I just about had enough of ADT myself. Six "technician" (sic!) visits and still the problem is not fixed. They make a lot of excuses when they are onsite- can't do this; can't do that- instead of identifying and fixing the actual problem with my home's ADT security system.

Tony

TonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Another example of poor service

I booked a service call from ADT weeks in advance, technician to arrive between 8am and 12 noon.

On the day ring ADT at 11am to get an estimated time of arrival only to be advised they should be here at 1:30 pm.
A prime example of no care or service to their customers.

Now actively looking for a new provider that knows how to communicate with their paying customers.

Store LocationDirectly from supplier

Rebecca Y

Rebecca YGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It's a trap! Don't use their services

Be careful of their hidden contract. It will cost a lot if you want to move or cancel their services. Trust me, your sales person won't mention any of those ridiculous terms. Definitely a fraud.

Carolyn S.

Carolyn S.Far North Queensland, QLD

Cancelled service - still waiting for refund

I have been a client for over 9 years and recently cancelled my service. My account was paid yearly in advance so I contacted the accounts department in May for a REFUND which would equate to approximately $300.00.

I have spoken to so many people since then and I am still waiting for a refund of MY MONEY.

Hard to believe that such a simple task could prove to be so COMPLEX.

Unsure whether management would be even capable of running a chook raffle.

Incompetence personified

Tim C

Tim CSydney, NSW

Terrible supplier

After selecting ADT for our security system, we have had problems from day one with the install and getting any kind of customer service. For any minor issues, we have usually waited 4-6 weeks for a technician to come to our premise. usually that technician cannot solve the issue and a second or third technician is required before the problem is solved. if you are ever need to get a security system for your business then I can tell you from experience that ADT should be your last choice. Avoid them at all costs.

Damian

Damianasked

Does anyone else think its odd that the majority of the (26) 5 Star reviews for ADT are from " customers" that have had the system for years....I mean, who looks for a product review site and then writes a positive review for a company after 2, 3 or even 5 years? I can understand someone writing a positive review just after installation, but 5 years later....hmmm

Althomasked

Why are ADT quoting $1016 to convert an alarm system for compatibility with the NBN when the RAC are quoting $349 and others are offering to do the conversion for free?
Why are ADT quoting $68/month monitoring charges post conversion when the RAC are quoting $35/month and others are offering $38/month after free conversion

Shaun g
Shaun g

Because they’re corrupt

Renee B.
Renee B.

I was told by ADT I would have to have a new system put in because NBN was not compatible with my system. This was over 12 months ago and I am still using my original ADT alarm with no problems. Still works and if I test by setting off my alarm they still phone me back as they are monitoring my alarm still.

Lorraine E

Lorraine Easked

I have been advised to steer clear of wifi systems and go for GPS. Does ADT only do wifi?

Robert
Robert

I agree with the advice of going for GPS if you are going to install a system to locate your car if it is stolen. For home security, I installed an ADT monitored alarm with a SIM card, which was to call ADT Security monitoring service if I pushed the emergency button or if, an intruder broke into my home.

My test results showed that ADT SECURITY NEVER respond to numerous alarm tests. They certainly did not respond when I activated the emergency button. What if really needed help? I would not have been able to get any from ADT Security? So it is I say, wise and prudent, to stay away from them because they are dishonest, Call other firms and do not rely on what ADT Security salesmen tell you. I say this because I found ADT Security to be dishonest. They breached my security monitoring contract.

What I say ia a clear case of deceptive and misleading conduct, I was lulled into a false sense of security, thinking that my alarm was monitored by ADT 24 x 7. I paid extra for this service; but they never responded to any of the alarms or my emergency button...ever. I found ADT Security to be extremely dishonest. I discovered they left me unprotected if an intruder were to break in ir if I had an emergency.

There are a large range of other companies which offer good priced alarm systems and which do monitor alarm systems 24 x 7. Do not as I did, allow yourself to be lulled into a false sense of security by ADT Security because I don't and cannot find one single reason why anyone should should place their lives, possessions and personal safety at risk by dealing with ADT Security.

I doubt that any of the posts on this forum supporting ADT Security are real. I bet they are placed here by ADT Security themselves. Remember this, if you have an emergency or a burglar, that is when you will find out if the money you pay to ADT Security was a good thing, or whether this warning to you is a wise and sensible warning. Don't take the risk; find a reputable firm that delivers on their promises....

Althom

Take a look at the posts on here.
ADT has an absolutely shocking reputation but all of a sudden there's a whole lot of people who've never posted one single other review saying ADT is great.
They are so obviously being posted by ADT it's laughable.
If ADT put half as much effort into customer service as they do into lying to customers they'd be OK
Stay away, they are bad news