ADT Security

ADT Security

Corbs79

Corbs79Sydney, NSW

I have never been so appalled

You are not given any over the phone support, the only technical support offered is a call out for a technician which cost you $170 + extra for every additional 15 minutes. I can't believe that a company can endorse a product without any training or product support, I have even had technicians come out that know nothing about CCTV. The last tech came out and did not know how to resolve the issue so it took him more than 15 minutes resulting in additional charges. I wish I could cancel this contract and move on, I am very disappointed in ADT and their lack of service.

Ashleigh

AshleighPerth, WA

ADT WORST COMPANY EVER

ADT - despicable customer service, Shonky installs, faulty system configurations, Rip off. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone who is considering cctv systems with them. Look at another organisation to do it for you

Store LocationADT
Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst customer service in my life

Customer for 27.5 years. System good until it breaks down and then watch the service call centre to not be able help but then blackmail you with such exorbitant costs

Never again!

Paid over $40 per month in monitoring services
Price went up every year for 5 years
Called them to cancel monitoring, still waiting on them to refund the last charge they took off my card after service was cancelled. This was 3 months ago. I ring and chase every week. Disgusting they must be on commission or strict sales targets as they totally rip you off

Store LocationADT Security

RonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cut to the chase

this company shouldn't be allowed to operate they are criminal

got told we could pay off our security system over 3 years. they made us sign a contract which we were told would mean we would own it at the end - now it seems we have already paid for the system, but if we want to keep it we have to pay another $3k for it - which would basically be paying for it twice. Sales woman lied to us and ripped us off blind - when we rang the company they said contract is signed so we can do nothing and we do not care at all what you say becuase we have a contract - lying, deceptive, deliberately cheating hard working consumers to line the pockets of their company. Every review online is either bad or worse.

KDS

KDSSydney, NSW

Be Careful with this organisation

Be very careful in reading their contracts that are not in accordance with what their sales people tell you
I would go elsewhere - some ADT people simply lie to get the deal across the line then are "forgetful" when challenged
NEVER AGAIN
I'd rate them zero stars if the option was avialable

Store Locationdirect

rom

romPerth, WA

service needs to improve further

clearly the customer service has improved a lot. still a lot can be done. I used the service for 3 years and my experience has been a fair but could have been a lot better.

alfred r.

alfred r.Sydney, NSW

Big rip off

ADT is big rip off I was with them for 10 years off lately it is rip off even fair trading is also in favour of multinationals company not for consumers. please read ask them question and write it down before going into contract. How much to pay upfront and also how much to pay sum total for the whole contract. Importantly about the equipment at the end of contract . How much to install and how much to dismantle it
BE CAREFUL WITH THIS MOB

Kim

KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst security - worthless

I paid almost $40 per month for a monitored alarm for more than three years, and when I was broken into they didn't attend - they advised they would be more than an hour away. Then when I sold my property, they tried to slug me a further $600 for the alarm - remembering that I'd already paid $1700 in fees.

weekf

weekfPerth, WA

What a CRAP service!!!

Made appointment with me few days earlier I took a day off just to wait then they called 2 hours in to say can't make it??? Wasted my annual leave! And this is the 2nd time this has happened!! What a pathetic service only to suck money out of u!

Happy with ADT and the Salesperson engagement

I have ordered ADT through online, and the response was prompt and have fixed appointment with a Sales person on my convenient time. Patrick Salameh who came to my house, was excellent in analyzing my Security needs and able to provide solution suiting my requirement. He was upfront, honest and helpful. He also went extra mile promised to get my installation job done within a weeks time, and kept his promise!!!

Kumar

KumarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beware!!! Worst service and hidden charges

I have been told my the sales guy that I pay $1180 for the initial setup and one equipment is owned by ADT and can disconnect from the service anytime after 12months contract. Now after 12 months they are saying that I need to pay $400+ to keep the equipment or pay $171 for a technician to come and remove the box. Also they are saying that all the existing sensors will not work if they remove it. I have never faced this much worst service. Not explaining enough to the customer and at the end of the contract trying to get as much money as possible.

WendyJD

WendyJDHobart, TAS

Pathetic

Not happy with your service whatsoever. Initially I was told my payment was for alarm AND monitoring monthly, only to find once it was installed in my home that I had an extra cost to pay for the alarm. NOW I FIND that I have to pay extra again for a technician to come and connect my security camera to my new ISP provider. Something else I was not advised that if I change ISP's this could happen. $171+ for half hours work, it's disgusting how you treat your customers. I wish I had never got my alarm through you.

Transparent and effective

Frosa was fantastic; very upfront, friendly, honest and helpful. I like the personalised contact. I have gotten the security functions I want at a good price and they work well (as they should).

Store LocationADT Security Australia
Catsmother

CatsmotherSydney Surrounds, NSW

Thrilled to bits with the service

No issues with installation and incorporation with pieces of my previous system. What is fantastic is that when I was on a cruise, my pet sitter forgot to set the alarm. I had a bit on an issue with the internet trying to arm it so got onto the support desk. In the meantime, one more try and I armed the hous from the middle of the ocean! Also, the support desk got back to me in 5 minutes and confirmed the alarm system was armed! 11 out of 10 ADT!!!!!

Caroline

CarolineSydney, NSW

ADT - highly recommended

Highly recommend ADT for their excellent customer service & professional staff. Pricing is competitive & quality products. Very happy with our security system. Our consultant David was well informed, helpful throughout the process & gave honest advice.

Stay away from the company complete scam

Installed at our business Hard disk failed called several times no response. Spoke to customer service team and promised some one will come and have a look in couple of days its been two weeks no response called them again to hear the same story. Stay away from them.

This Is Perfect

"I have multiple stores with ADT security and I am very happy with the service provided by David who looks after my account. Also the technician was very professional and did a fantastic job would recommend to everybody"

Perfect service and quick response from David

I had the job done with no drama ad David kept the process running very smooth and easy also Nad was very professional and easy to deal with.. perfect job

Damian

Damianasked

Does anyone else think its odd that the majority of the (26) 5 Star reviews for ADT are from " customers" that have had the system for years....I mean, who looks for a product review site and then writes a positive review for a company after 2, 3 or even 5 years? I can understand someone writing a positive review just after installation, but 5 years later....hmmm

Ron

Hi, my answer to your point. Monitoring your alarm, is a long term value.Hence, its only any good, when broken into. Hence, if your paying $12pw, under a 36 month contract, and the alarm goes off after 2 years, its cost you $1248, you expect service. ADT, are useless, no customer service.

Althomasked

Why are ADT quoting $1016 to convert an alarm system for compatibility with the NBN when the RAC are quoting $349 and others are offering to do the conversion for free?
Why are ADT quoting $68/month monitoring charges post conversion when the RAC are quoting $35/month and others are offering $38/month after free conversion

Shaun g
Shaun g

Because they’re corrupt

Renee B.
Renee B.

I was told by ADT I would have to have a new system put in because NBN was not compatible with my system. This was over 12 months ago and I am still using my original ADT alarm with no problems. Still works and if I test by setting off my alarm they still phone me back as they are monitoring my alarm still.

Lorraine E

Lorraine Easked

I have been advised to steer clear of wifi systems and go for GPS. Does ADT only do wifi?

Robert
Robert

I agree with the advice of going for GPS if you are going to install a system to locate your car if it is stolen. For home security, I installed an ADT monitored alarm with a SIM card, which was to call ADT Security monitoring service if I pushed the emergency button or if, an intruder broke into my home.

My test results showed that ADT SECURITY NEVER respond to numerous alarm tests. They certainly did not respond when I activated the emergency button. What if really needed help? I would not have been able to get any from ADT Security? So it is I say, wise and prudent, to stay away from them because they are dishonest, Call other firms and do not rely on what ADT Security salesmen tell you. I say this because I found ADT Security to be dishonest. They breached my security monitoring contract.

What I say ia a clear case of deceptive and misleading conduct, I was lulled into a false sense of security, thinking that my alarm was monitored by ADT 24 x 7. I paid extra for this service; but they never responded to any of the alarms or my emergency button...ever. I found ADT Security to be extremely dishonest. I discovered they left me unprotected if an intruder were to break in ir if I had an emergency.

There are a large range of other companies which offer good priced alarm systems and which do monitor alarm systems 24 x 7. Do not as I did, allow yourself to be lulled into a false sense of security by ADT Security because I don't and cannot find one single reason why anyone should should place their lives, possessions and personal safety at risk by dealing with ADT Security.

I doubt that any of the posts on this forum supporting ADT Security are real. I bet they are placed here by ADT Security themselves. Remember this, if you have an emergency or a burglar, that is when you will find out if the money you pay to ADT Security was a good thing, or whether this warning to you is a wise and sensible warning. Don't take the risk; find a reputable firm that delivers on their promises....

Althom

Take a look at the posts on here.
ADT has an absolutely shocking reputation but all of a sudden there's a whole lot of people who've never posted one single other review saying ADT is great.
They are so obviously being posted by ADT it's laughable.
If ADT put half as much effort into customer service as they do into lying to customers they'd be OK
Stay away, they are bad news