ADT Security

ADT Security

Terrible service

Terrible customer service all billing was incorrect trying to speak to someone is impossible wish we never used them for our business

promac

promac

Worst Experience Ever- Do not Use ADT

Store LocationCalled as we use them commercially - different department
Dissatisfied ex-customer

Dissatisfied ex-customerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Atrocious customer service -

Called ADT for URGENT call out as alarm system was not working or responding to alarm code. The continual high pitch beeping could not be turned off even when the code was entered (as advised by ADT). The beeping was so loud trades left. ADT Technicians refused to assist!! Have been a customer of ADT for over 15 years. Not any longer!!

Bella L

Bella LGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Service not the best

Poor product and service

We have a jewellery store and had issues with the alarm for last ten days despite four phone calls the problem is not fixed and no technician sent to check. We are moving away.. Do not use them

Store LocationMelbourne
Stu7

Stu7Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst - Poor customer service

Contacted 6 times due to tech problem via email, web and phone but no reply. Meant to be a security service. Been a customer for 11 years.
Update 02/01/2021 - I contacted complaints department requesting an urgent call from the manager as our alarm system is not being monitored properly.
Update 05/01/2021 - it’s now 4 days later and still no call back from manager and house still not securely monitored. Stay away from them.

Account Department Useless.

Signed up for back to base monitoring of our alarm. All good while we were paying the system off as part of our monthly monitoring fee. We'd finished paying for the system and then CoVID hit. We wanted to cancel our account as we are working from home and no longer needed alarm monitoring. That's when it all went sour. Lost track of how many times we had to contact them to tell them to stop taking out the monthly fee. After they finally agreed to credit back the last monthly fee, we're still waiting and it's coming up to 3 months and still haven't seen the refund.

Meg

MegSydney, NSW

Very disappointing service

Michelle

MichelleSydney, NSW

got result

Well tried since mid November to get a new alarm system as my current ADT one is apparently worth putting in a museum... ie not compatible with nbn, got 2 wildly different quotes over the phone,, asked for them to be sent to me by email so I could see what I was getting before placing an order. Finally mid December got all I needed from a matter of fact helpful and it was followed by the email I requested.
Having placed my order, I am now waiting for the actual paper workk and setting up of said alarm

Store Location-

Maria

MariaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible

They were hopeless for the whole time I was with them. They increased my fees without letting me know and when I canceled their services they made me pay for someone to come out and take their equipment

Store Locationmelbourne

Very quick and efficient testing of my equipment

Very quick and efficient response timeframe - 1 day turnaround for maintenance and testing of my security system. Thank you Clint

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Unreliable system and customer care.

It takes about one week to arrange an on-site inspection and quote. They confirmed with me 3 times for a simple time. Then while we are all waiting for the attendance on the day, the technician called and said he may or may not attend this appointment. Then he said maybe he will, but cannot confirmed, but hopes that we can cancel the appointment for him. We have been waiting for the security cameras to be installed for a long time and here comes this unreliable company. Then the technician went on and said that their cameras are very old and through a wired system that may not work very well. I just feel, F you. Don’t buy from this company.

Laura E.

Laura E.Perth, WA

Inept and useless customer service team

Store LocationPerth
Jo-Anne

Jo-AnnePerth, WA

Accounts Department Nightmare

After not debiting my credit card on numerous random months for reasons not specified (not my fault) they added a large outstanding amount (6 months in total) to my Account in July.

I asked them for a copy of my Account Statement so I could go through my CC Statements to verify the missing months. I subsequently paid the amount outstanding in October, although it hurt as they had not been monitoring our home for some time due to us switching to the NBN.

However, some 3 weeks after I had paid the amount outstanding they referred me to a credit agency. I have now called them twice to rectify and I am still getting emails from the credit agency.

MCo

MCoVictoria

Terrible Business Practice with Support

At our store we have a DVR camera system, and we needed to login to the admin in order to remotely access and view the footage, along with downloading necessary clips etc. However ADT themselves have changed the default admin login without our knowledge, and to reset the admin password with a security key, they have the nerve to demand a $215 technician charge for a measly 8 digit reset code which can be simply emailed to us AT NO COST!

This is holding a system at ransom, and to my recollection goes against the ACCC guidelines of fair business practices. DO NOT GO WITH ADT! Unless they can resolve our issue, I am keeping this review up.

Store LocationMelbourne Vic

Kevin Hodges

Kevin HodgesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Hopeless Accounts Department

I am a commercial customer with business premises served by ADT. My previous security company sold out to ADT and I've had continual trouble with ADT'S accounts department ever since. Half the time they don't send invoices and then demand payment for invoices I have already paid. I just can't afford to waste any more time on these peole and have cancelled their service.

Alarm system

I found vicki to be very helpful and easy to understand. she made me feel very comfortable and initially i was only looking at an alarm system for my business but also ended up doing one for my home and cameras. she explained everything very well and you could tell she loves her job and really believes in the product. I would highly recommend vicki and ADT

Store LocationVicki Spilios south australia
skp

skpSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good service from the Tele sales person Mark better than Field sales Travis!

Good service from the Tele sales person Mark better than Field sales Travis! Mark was really easy to talk to and Cleary explain to me

Camera security system discussion

We had Vicki from ADT to discuss about camera security system for our double storey house, she explained everything in detail, especially about the wifi for upstairs as we didn’t have cables run through the house when we built it, she had thorough knowledge, very friendly, professional and polite.

Makes me feel safe

I have been with ADT security for more then 6 years and now that I opened my new business Will go with you guys again

Store LocationMarek Kaminsky NSW

Splinter

Splinterasked

Re calling for an Ambulance - where are ADT operators located? Are they in Australia?

Damian

Damianasked

Does anyone else think its odd that the majority of the (26) 5 Star reviews for ADT are from " customers" that have had the system for years....I mean, who looks for a product review site and then writes a positive review for a company after 2, 3 or even 5 years? I can understand someone writing a positive review just after installation, but 5 years later....hmmm

Ron
Ron

Hi, my answer to your point. Monitoring your alarm, is a long term value.Hence, its only any good, when broken into. Hence, if your paying $12pw, under a 36 month contract, and the alarm goes off after 2 years, its cost you $1248, you expect service. ADT, are useless, no customer service.

Those reviews are from ADT Management

Althomasked

Why are ADT quoting $1016 to convert an alarm system for compatibility with the NBN when the RAC are quoting $349 and others are offering to do the conversion for free?
Why are ADT quoting $68/month monitoring charges post conversion when the RAC are quoting $35/month and others are offering $38/month after free conversion

Shaun g
Shaun g

Because they’re corrupt

Renee B.
Renee B.

I was told by ADT I would have to have a new system put in because NBN was not compatible with my system. This was over 12 months ago and I am still using my original ADT alarm with no problems. Still works and if I test by setting off my alarm they still phone me back as they are monitoring my alarm still.