ADT Security

ADT Security

WARNING!

Please make sure you read the contract thoroughly.

I tried to cancel after my contract ended but only to be told that there was another contract somehow in place and i now had a $500 fee and that the equipment was not going to be mine after having it for over 3 years?!?! The sales people will not tell you about these hidden things.

Rene Perez

Rene PerezIllawarra, NSW

No happy Jane

ADT installed a very simple security alarm in a pensioner's house, after three years I still get invoices for services I did not request very demanding and expensive CO. No recommend ADT for pensioner simple house No happy Jane!

Cancelled after 20 years and got charged extra fees

Praneet S.

Praneet S.South East Queensland, QLD

Rediculous service, Do not waste your time and money with ADT

12 days ago sales rep got the contract signed for $10k worth of job at my business, since then he stopped responding to my phone calls, then he emailed me confirming my installation would take place this week, then I got a call from ADT installation team telling me that they do not have enough cameras, therefore, the installation will take place next week, I am unable to operate my business until security is up and running, I have made numerous complaints and have not even received a response after 7 days, I would not recommend ADT at all, there are many other companies out there even CHUBB is rediculous, theses jokers have no regard for their customers what so ever, do not waste your time and money.

Customer service the worse

For more than a week I have been trying to get a quote for a yearly monitoring price as a third party will be paying the bill for our security system. This needs to be a written quote. Despite 3 phone calls and an email ADT appear to be incapable of supplying a document that states the yearly cost. The people we speak to don’t even appear to understand what we are asking. Customer service is a joke.

Secret contract clauses!!

Unable to cancel within 3 years, and will continually increase your monthly billing rate. If you ring up and question that, they may give you a discount for a few months

Mark S.

Mark S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Please explain

I got my alarm system, after my new house was broken into before my keys were handed too me. Payed for the system outright, did my 3 years of monitoring. The battery died a year and a half in also more $$$... now I want to cancel monitoring have rang 3 times only to be told... I see here you've payed for the system but you are still hiring the the system from us and if you want to cancel you can pay $400 or we can remove the system WTH... Please tell me if I have payed for something how does it still belong too you.....if i go into a shopping centre and buy some groceries , does that mean they can charge me again if i want too cook it. So I'm now stuck with monitoring at a low price for 12months. MEH

Very good

The person calling was very clear and provided me with the information required! An easy telephone conversation! So far would highly recommend

Worst service

We have a ware house and had issues with the alarm from the last 4 days it should be fix on urgent bases but they can't fix there product on time, need another 10 days to send there technician . Please don't use there service not reliable.

Terrible service

Terrible customer service all billing was incorrect trying to speak to someone is impossible wish we never used them for our business

promac

promac

Worst Experience Ever- Do not Use ADT

Dissatisfied ex-customer

Dissatisfied ex-customerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Atrocious customer service -

Called ADT for URGENT call out as alarm system was not working or responding to alarm code. The continual high pitch beeping could not be turned off even when the code was entered (as advised by ADT). The beeping was so loud trades left. ADT Technicians refused to assist!! Have been a customer of ADT for over 15 years. Not any longer!!

Bella L

Bella LGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Service not the best

Poor product and service

We have a jewellery store and had issues with the alarm for last ten days despite four phone calls the problem is not fixed and no technician sent to check. We are moving away.. Do not use them

Stu7

Stu7Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst - Poor customer service

Contacted 6 times due to tech problem via email, web and phone but no reply. Meant to be a security service. Been a customer for 11 years.
Update 02/01/2021 - I contacted complaints department requesting an urgent call from the manager as our alarm system is not being monitored properly.
Update 05/01/2021 - it’s now 4 days later and still no call back from manager and house still not securely monitored. Stay away from them.

Account Department Useless.

Signed up for back to base monitoring of our alarm. All good while we were paying the system off as part of our monthly monitoring fee. We'd finished paying for the system and then CoVID hit. We wanted to cancel our account as we are working from home and no longer needed alarm monitoring. That's when it all went sour. Lost track of how many times we had to contact them to tell them to stop taking out the monthly fee. After they finally agreed to credit back the last monthly fee, we're still waiting and it's coming up to 3 months and still haven't seen the refund.

Meg

MegSydney, NSW

Very disappointing service

Michelle

MichelleSydney, NSW

got result

Well tried since mid November to get a new alarm system as my current ADT one is apparently worth putting in a museum... ie not compatible with nbn, got 2 wildly different quotes over the phone,, asked for them to be sent to me by email so I could see what I was getting before placing an order. Finally mid December got all I needed from a matter of fact helpful and it was followed by the email I requested.
Having placed my order, I am now waiting for the actual paper workk and setting up of said alarm

Store Location-
Maria

MariaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible

They were hopeless for the whole time I was with them. They increased my fees without letting me know and when I canceled their services they made me pay for someone to come out and take their equipment

Very quick and efficient testing of my equipment

Very quick and efficient response timeframe - 1 day turnaround for maintenance and testing of my security system. Thank you Clint

Splinter

Splinterasked

Re calling for an Ambulance - where are ADT operators located? Are they in Australia?

Damian

Damianasked

Does anyone else think its odd that the majority of the (26) 5 Star reviews for ADT are from " customers" that have had the system for years....I mean, who looks for a product review site and then writes a positive review for a company after 2, 3 or even 5 years? I can understand someone writing a positive review just after installation, but 5 years later....hmmm

Ron
Ron

Hi, my answer to your point. Monitoring your alarm, is a long term value.Hence, its only any good, when broken into. Hence, if your paying $12pw, under a 36 month contract, and the alarm goes off after 2 years, its cost you $1248, you expect service. ADT, are useless, no customer service.

Those reviews are from ADT Management

Althomasked

Why are ADT quoting $1016 to convert an alarm system for compatibility with the NBN when the RAC are quoting $349 and others are offering to do the conversion for free?
Why are ADT quoting $68/month monitoring charges post conversion when the RAC are quoting $35/month and others are offering $38/month after free conversion

Shaun g
Shaun g

Because they’re corrupt

Renee B.
Renee B.

I was told by ADT I would have to have a new system put in because NBN was not compatible with my system. This was over 12 months ago and I am still using my original ADT alarm with no problems. Still works and if I test by setting off my alarm they still phone me back as they are monitoring my alarm still.