ADT Security

See the Best Home Care Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

poor service

too many things to list .very unprofessional. techs who never turn up on time wasting time and money , techs who come in to install items they have already installed or even doing a job for the first time ,poor communication with customers. need multiple site visits to do a job . call centre doesnt know what tech division is doing ,.conflicting advice by different advisors.they sell equipment which they dont support fully. very disappointed. Regret going with ADT.

ADT = Crooks and liars!

I just about had enough of ADT myself. Six "technician" (sic!) visits and still the problem is not fixed. They make a lot of excuses when they are onsite- can't do this; can't do that- instead of identifying and fixing the actual problem with my home's ADT security system.

Another example of poor service

I booked a service call from ADT weeks in advance, technician to arrive between 8am and 12 noon.

On the day ring ADT at 11am to get an estimated time of arrival only to be advised they should be here at 1:30 pm.
A prime example of no care or service to their customers.

Now actively looking for a new provider that knows how to communicate with their paying customers.

Store LocationDirectly from supplier

It's a trap! Don't use their services

Be careful of their hidden contract. It will cost a lot if you want to move or cancel their services. Trust me, your sales person won't mention any of those ridiculous terms. Definitely a fraud.

Cancelled service - still waiting for refund

I have been a client for over 9 years and recently cancelled my service. My account was paid yearly in advance so I contacted the accounts department in May for a REFUND which would equate to approximately $300.00.

I have spoken to so many people since then and I am still waiting for a refund of MY MONEY.

Hard to believe that such a simple task could prove to be so COMPLEX.

Unsure whether management would be even capable of running a chook raffle.

Incompetence personified

Terrible supplier

After selecting ADT for our security system, we have had problems from day one with the install and getting any kind of customer service. For any minor issues, we have usually waited 4-6 weeks for a technician to come to our premise. usually that technician cannot solve the issue and a second or third technician is required before the problem is solved. if you are ever need to get a security system for your business then I can tell you from experience that ADT should be your last choice. Avoid them at all costs.

Charge too much

After 23 years business with them and constant price rises, went to new and more modern system with another provider and saved $1400 in the 1st year and $2200 in the second year.They were upset i didn't give them a chance to price match, told them they should of approached me with an offer of an upgrade and a cheaper rate. They want to charge me $290 to cancel and get my keys back. Don't use them loyalty means nothing to them , plenty of better options around.

Do not use - very expensive & bad customer service

Used ADT for the past 18yrs. Recently cancelled the monitoring service as our working situation has changed & Im now working from home & my husbands workplace is only 1km away. Originally we would get a phone call from an actual person advising the alarm was triggered but then it changed to a computer generated messaging & phone calling service which we felt was a waste of time anyway as our neighbour's called us first every time.
Anyway, had to go through many questions about why we were cancelling the monitoring - many of which were unnecessary & intrusive & after answering them then the girl I was dealing with decided that she would review my loyalty bonus (?) as we had been using ADT monitoring for 18yrs. She promptly reduced the monthly fee down to $35 per month instead of the $60 fee we were paying. I politely declined as I still didnt need the monitoring service & just wanted to be done & get off the phone. She let me know that someone from her office would do a follow up call to confirm the cancellation within 5 days. Received the followup call from another girl in the ADT office & she went through all the answers I gave to the original questions & was asking again about why I wanted to cancel & was I aware of the other offers available for less etc, etc. By this stage Id had enough as I was at work when she called & just wanted the service cancelled & it confirmed. I politely shut her sales pitch down & went through the reasons why we didn't require the monitoring service anymore & how annoying it was to get offered the discounted service fee & then told of all the other & cheaper options available ONLY AFTER I cancelled the service. The only info or newsletter from ADT ever received in the past 18yrs was their yearly fee increase - what a joke!
She told me that we would need to have our alarm system decommissioned which she explained would just mean it would be disconnected from the phone line at at cost of $170 for the first 30mins & another fee for every 15mins after - cant remember how much that was going to cost - but she assured me that it could be done in 30mins as it was a simple job. So stupid me, I booked that in to be done with them - even though I had planned to find someone else to do this as I felt we had paid more than enough for ADT at this stage. We were both home when the technician arrived. Seems its not as simple as they had said - the technician bumbled his way through the decommissioning & was on the phone to his office many times for assistance & also had the instruction manuel out as he said he had not been informed that our system was an old one & he wasn't given all the info to do it. After an hour he was finally done & assured my husband that we would not get charged anymore than the 30min fee as it was not our fault it had taken so long. With that he was gone & we went about our day at home only to discover that our outside blue light was flashing later in the day when it was getting dark outside & we couldnt stop it by arming & disarming the alarm so called the ADT help number. Spoke to a lady & explained what the issue was & that we'd had the tech out this morning to do the decommissioning thing & she was unable to help over the phone & would organize to get a technician to come out but we would need to pay another $170 call out fee. I told her that I would not be paying for any further service fee as this was an issue caused by their technician this morning as he had obviously not done the decommissioning service properly & so we were not at fault. Ended up speaking with the evening Mgr who stated first up that as we no longer had a contract with them - as I had recently cancelled it - they couldnt provide any help over the phone & that we would have to pay the call out fee if the technician didnt find any fault from this mornings job. Wow, great customer service hey?? What an absolute load of bull. We've never had an issue before but after the tech bumbled his way through the job this morning all of a sudden we have an issue but they cant provide us the assistance as we cancelled our monitoring service a few weeks ago?? Bet we still get charged for this month though!! Please dont use this company - their customer service is absolutely disgraceful. You will find much better service & pricing options elsewhere. I am so disappointed, I wish I'd gone with my gut & used a different company to do the disconnect from the phone line which they call decommissioning. I also wish I had cancelled the monitering service alot sooner. I am going to use a local company to come & fix the alarm issue that ADT have left us with. Its annoying that we have to spend more money but at least it wont be with ADT as we are not willing to give them anymore of our money. I will also be raising a complaint with the ACCC. Please do not use them - if you have an issue you will not even receive basic customer service. This company is all about sales & no service, they are an absolute joke! The technician also mentioned this morning that they had quite a few customers cancelling the monitoring service recently, Im not surprised. I feel sorry for the technician working for a company like this wouldnt be much fun.

Store LocationPerth

Big Scammers, Government authority should monitor them

Terrible and too much expensive service, think twice before signing this trap
Sales man said 2 years contract and now they demand for 3 years in hidden contract and playing for costs escalate with every steps..

Store LocationMelbourne

Not Satisfied never recommend

Terrible and too much expensive service. Technicians attend to fix the system & ADT charge me $299, They give signed papers and it was a 3-year monitoring contract with monthly fees $45.89, which you cannot get out of it. I have a job started 37 months ago. When I call to ADT for cancellation the service contract after 3 years ADT told me The installed alarm equipment remains the property of ADT so you need to return, Our technician will come to pick up all equipment & technician charge is $214.90 +$99 for extra half n Hour charge you need to pay also if system is not working then you need to pay technician charge + $438 equipment charge so total need to pay $214.90+99+$438=$751.90 before cancellation the Ac. After that, your ac is canceled. this all fees they are not saying at the time of sign the paper. that's why I never recommend ADT Security.

Store Locationfilled enquiry form from ADT online

Check the fine print!

System capability and cost misrepresented from the outset.
They have played 'hard ball' and costs escalate with every attempt to get the system working.
Nine months now. Still using padlocks!
Don't touch ADT !

The most painful and expensive experience

Terrible and expensive service. Technicians attend, do nothing, promising they will come back, got charged and never came back. Having to call several times to get someone to do the work. I have a job started a year ago and still not finished.They give papers to staff to sign after the installation, and it was a 3 year monitoring contract, which you can get out of it.

Store LocationADT HQ

NO STARS DESERVED

I have had so many issues - DO NOT SIGN UP. ADT clearly fails many people- see reviews. Don't be one of them. READ the reviews. There are many more companies out there to choose from.

July 11th 2019 Update: WARNING DO NOT PURCHASE

Have replaced this ADT system - WHY?
* system does not support video saved recordings
* customer service department do not follow up
* technician tries to blame other issues
* managers are unresponsive
* DO NOT BUY
Why do I give 1 star - because this review system will not accept other

Store LocationMelbourne

Disgraceful customer service and Uncompassionate

-threaten debt collectors onto you when your struggling as your in hospital long term

-no communication with you until an amount that reaches a certain amount then they threaten debt collectors onto you.

-lying salesman who give you the worst deal

Such a big Scammers

Please beware of these guys. These people just put you into so much stress. We subscribed with them and had to cancel after a few months due to relocation of the business. We clearly called the customer care and told we have to cancel the subscription. The customer care people told they will sort this and cancel the account for us. And all of a sudden after a few months, we got mail from the credit recovery team asking us to pay $1700. We tried contacting the customer care and they don’t even understand anything. We have to contact consumer affairs now. Please stay away from these guys. They are cheaters

ADT Security offer flexibility, good service, polite staff and I promote them to all my friends and family

I wanted to put pen to paper to write this positive experience with ADT. About 5 years ago, I trusted a small business (1 man show) to place 4 CCTV's around my home after I was burgled. At the first, he was good then after a year, he became arrogant and unhelpful. His CCTV's completely stopped working and he said it's out of warranty therefore he is not obliged to assist. I tried someone else who charged the earth and only temporarily fixed it for 2 months then nothing. No images which forced me to give up as it was becoming a money drainer. Well after I made a complaint at the dept of FT.

Last year, I contacted ADT because my parents used them for over 30 years (back to base alarm monitoring) and they were very happy. In the first instance, David who lived in my area came to my house to give me a free quote. Offered me some excellent options, and being on a strict budget, it was a godsend that they cater for all wallets and we agreed on a price payable per month over 3 years. A few weeks later, the system was up and running. 2 lovely, very polite young men came to set the whole thing up. For some reason, one cam stopped working after 4 months, I contacted ADT again and they sent Roy & Sam to fix it and again, they were polite, went out of their way to do a good job. I’m very impressed and I hope ADT will continue to assist as they are now. I purchased from them in October 2018 and so glad I did. I gave David's name to a friend who wants to do the same at her house. Furthermore, my father moved house last year and purchased his back to base monitoring alarm from ADT again.

I have been happy with their product and service and I sincerely thank them. I can monitor my house from work or anywhere via my iphone. It's wonderful. People say a large firm doesn't offer the same personal touch but ADT have been good to me. Thank you ADT.

Store LocationADT Security

Lied and tick people

False advertising and lot of hidden charges. they even charge to remove the units. initially The marketing Lady who visited didnt explain the additional costs involved. When i chat to agents over the phone they keep threatning with the exist fees etc.

Store LocationADT Security

Criminal

My wife signed up and we were provided a service for a good number of years with little to no issue.
Once we decided to cancel the service due to little to no product support they were difficult in responding to cancellations and continued to charge us until we rang to point out continued fees were still being charged.
When we cancelled we were very descriptive in how we weren't interested in the service due to not being looked after due to product faults and lack of customer service.
Not 12 months past and they harassed me (not my wife, who's name was on the initial contract and made it very clear to not call back to offer services) for weeks with multiple phone calls over a 3 week period to sign up because we are a very valued customer.
In my stupidity I caved and accepted the re-signing of a contract, but with the same faults on the system as when we cancelled the initial contract so they continued to supply a sub-standard product with no product support or assistance. So as I work full-time and can't sit on the phone for hours on end to sort out a problem that was the reason we left in the first place I sent through multiple online queries to explain breakdown issues and accounting fees to request a phone call to me not me chasing them, nothing until I receive a phone call from the credit department stating I'm not upholding my contractual obligations due to unpaid monthly fees (which I refused to pay on the principal of them not upholding their contractual obligations)
Now I have been contacted by a creditor on behalf of ADT Security Australia stating my 12 month contract will need to be paid in full @ $29.95/month ($359.40) plus $323.63 account finalisation fees. Absolute garbage fees and charges that are absolutely criminal for a service that has been faulty since day one of the new "service" supplied by a company who will harass new customers until they are dumb enough to cave in to persistent harassment and pressure sales approaches.
Stay away is all I can warn anyone wanting to be looked after for their family's piece of mind.

Store LocationOnline/Phone marketers

Biggest scammers

We were told there is no contract but upon enquiries of cancellation we were told that we are in 3 year long contract. Moreover it is an another chinese company scamming people.

Store LocationMelton

Crooks!

Canceled ADT monitoring service almost 2 years ago as NBN and lack of phone lined meant no longer compatible. Two years later received debt collection notice for outstanding bill for providing service since cancellation. Informed ADT had no record of service being canceled, despite having received no invoices subsequent to cancellation. This company is a scam and a bunch of crooks. Enage their services at your peril!

Why are ADT quoting $1016 to convert an alarm system for compatibility with the NBN when the RAC are quoting $349 and others are offering to do the conversion for free? Why are ADT quoting $68/month monitoring charges post conversion when the RAC are quoting $35/month and others are offering $38/month after free conversion
Because they’re corruptI was told by ADT I would have to have a new system put in because NBN was not compatible with my system. This was over 12 months ago and I am still using my original ADT alarm with no problems. Still works and if I test by setting off my alarm they still phone me back as they are monitoring my alarm still.

I have been advised to steer clear of wifi systems and go for GPS. Does ADT only do wifi?
I agree with the advice of going for GPS if you are going to install a system to locate your car if it is stolen. For home security, I installed an ADT monitored alarm with a SIM card, which was to call ADT Security monitoring service if I pushed the emergency button or if, an intruder broke into my home. My test results showed that ADT SECURITY NEVER respond to numerous alarm tests. They certainly did not respond when I activated the emergency button. What if really needed help? I would not have been able to get any from ADT Security? So it is I say, wise and prudent, to stay away from them because they are dishonest, Call other firms and do not rely on what ADT Security salesmen tell you. I say this because I found ADT Security to be dishonest. They breached my security monitoring contract. What I say ia a clear case of deceptive and misleading conduct, I was lulled into a false sense of security, thinking that my alarm was monitored by ADT 24 x 7. I paid extra for this service; but they never responded to any of the alarms or my emergency button...ever. I found ADT Security to be extremely dishonest. I discovered they left me unprotected if an intruder were to break in ir if I had an emergency. There are a large range of other companies which offer good priced alarm systems and which do monitor alarm systems 24 x 7. Do not as I did, allow yourself to be lulled into a false sense of security by ADT Security because I don't and cannot find one single reason why anyone should should place their lives, possessions and personal safety at risk by dealing with ADT Security. I doubt that any of the posts on this forum supporting ADT Security are real. I bet they are placed here by ADT Security themselves. Remember this, if you have an emergency or a burglar, that is when you will find out if the money you pay to ADT Security was a good thing, or whether this warning to you is a wise and sensible warning. Don't take the risk; find a reputable firm that delivers on their promises....Take a look at the posts on here. ADT has an absolutely shocking reputation but all of a sudden there's a whole lot of people who've never posted one single other review saying ADT is great. They are so obviously being posted by ADT it's laughable. If ADT put half as much effort into customer service as they do into lying to customers they'd be OK Stay away, they are bad news

I Have just received advice from ADT that the "industry standard" lifetime for a domestic alarm system is 5 years. Anyone else ever been told this? Anyone ever actually replaced their system every 5 years
Find another company to get a second or third opinion, because in my case the batteries lasted about 18 months on some components. So I would say that ADT are liars.

CategoryPhysical Shops and Home Care Shops