AHM (Australian Health Management)

AHM (Australian Health Management)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (11)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (15) · No (11)

Daniel

Daniel

Scam Central

I made a claim 2 months ago and they never respond, so I followed up a few weeks later and they advised me they are busy and will follow up the claim soon. Followed up again a few weeks later and I'm yet to hear back

Stefania

StefaniaPerth, WA

Worst insurance for International Students

If you're an international student go to another company. This policy doesn't cover anything at all. The claiming process is exhausting and not helpful. A lot of misinformation and poor profesionalism.

Jean Christian-O'Rourke

Jean Christian-O'RourkeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Entitled full refund not received in timely manner

Very frustrated..AHM claim that my refund of nearly $4K was unsuccessfully deposited into same bank account they managed to immediately debit when i joined...says its seems be a problem with my bank rejecting the deposit??..dont think so..no notification was sent to me regarding this..now they've issued a c/q which may take 5-10days...terrible!

Health Insurance

Find out how AHM (Australian Health Management) compares to other Health Insurance

Lara

Lara Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very impressed with service

Very impressed with AHM service, I could not get through on the phone line as I have left it till the last day to call but managed to speak to someone via the message on my phone. They were very efficient and helpful.

Lowana S.

Lowana S.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Absolutely no customer service

Called,called,tried for call backs twice,went online for message chats..hopeless! As if health insurance isn't confusing enough,don't expect to have things explained to you as customer service is extremely poor!! Over it. Submitted complaints

bloomsandhu

bloomsandhuSydney, NSW

Fraudulent

Please be aware that they will not cover pathology fees but only a small part or of $46.50 they cover only $13 and for medications they only pay $50 regardless of what you have paid to them.

Bill4747ADELAIDE

Would not recommend.

Bill4747

Edit - The Government seriously needs to put a stop to some of the scamming dentists out there -

Application Desensitising Agent - Cost: $40.00 Benefit back: $15.65 ~ they charged me $40 for putting a bit of Sensodyne on a section of my upper gum??

Cha L.

Cha L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Scam, don't sign up with them

They litteraly stole my money, when I tried to recover it customer service was absolutely terrible, rude and useless. Paid a health cover that I never used and didn't know I have. Apparently I was the one who had to double check with them.

Charlotte L.

Charlotte L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not recommended

Signed up for an OHSC health cover, never received any confirmation or membership number, payment went to "error" but still got charged. When I chased it up they charged me the 50$ administration fee for a health cover I didn't even know existed.

Skutz

SkutzSydney, NSW

AHM experience

I have been a customer of AHM for five years and would have given 3 stars, however not having an open call centre on weekends for me to call and cancel my membership is wrong. It’s putting me in a financially difficult situation that can not be remedied as I work in a call centre during their business hours and am unable to make or receive personal calls to cancel. The super frequent price increases have seen my plan go up from 39-40 dollars to 55 a fortnight - rip off.

Claim MadeNo
Rose

Rose

Dont waste money on health insurance hospital

Essentials cover, great. Hospital cover, save your money. I paid nearly $4000 for my surgeon and anaesthetist. I got $869 back from Medicare, $219 from AHM. I have TOP cover, bees knees, pay $186 a month... and got $219???? Seriously?
What an absolute joke and bait and switch. Im cancelling it and will continue to put the money in an account.

They wouldn't even cover my damn rehabilitation saying it was an outpatient appointment. Um... its part of getting me back to normal as I cant still walk ok after surgery.

What a farce!

I asked them to suspend it until they investigated as I was told prior to surgery that I was covered. I just tried logging in now, my account has gone!

Jessica C.

Jessica C.Sydney, NSW

Awful and rude customer service

I needed to request a clearance certificate after joining another insurer and they were on denial to give it to me for 3 weeks. On my last attempt to request the certificate, one of their employees treat me in a very disrespectful way over the phone. I have never been treated like this in the past and his only purpose was to convince me that I had to continue my contract with them.

After I finished the call because he was being overly rude, he decided to send me the certificate that I have been requesting for so long, meaning that I was on my right to request it and that he treat me wrongfully for nothing.

I'm super disappointed.

TONY

TONY

Dont waste your time or money with AHM

Truly a crap company, I paid $1,100 for private health cover over the phone, they are very quck to sign you up but then they told me I had only paid for 9 months of cover when it was in 12 months (credit card proved that), then they wanted me to fill in some rebate form so I did, now they are wanting some certifcate of past membership or they will slug me another $400. These guys are completely fraudulant advertising one price then changing it again, then wanting more money again, sham insurance policies that cover literally nothing and have constantly changing prices.

Claim MadeNo
Chris

Chris

AHM: The not very simple bit.

Awful service.

I tried to make my first claim at a physiotherapist, unfortunately my AHM card kept coming back as ‘expired’ which of course it wasn’t, I’d only been with AHM for 3 months.

I then paid the bill and attempted to claim via the app. My provider was not on the system so I decided to email AHM to claim manually.

Unfortunately, I had no response after weeks. I decided to follow up, and again, no response.

AHM have no issue taking your money, but my word they won’t pay out easily.

I’ve emailed them requesting an immediate cancellation... let’s see if they bother to respond to this one.

AHM FOR YOUNG PEOPLE

Honestly It's a good company at a good price point, Wonderfull team at HR I spoke to Jason and he was very informative and friendly the fact you can bail at any point is hectic.

Lorrae

LorraeSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Very disappointed - no consideration for loyalty

After 30 years with AHM with hospital/extras cover, I found myself in the premature situation of requiring a knee replacement (I'm only 57). AHM refuse to waiver or reduce the 12 month waiting period. They have taken cover out of the policy without fully informing the member. We have been told that our policy is no longer being sold but no one ever told us. I believe they have stripped the joint replacement from our original plan without informing us. Does 30 years of loyalty count - NOPE!! I will painfully await the procedure and curse them every day, then move cover.

Susan

SusanAU

Harrassing text, calls, messagebank

Claim MadeYes
sam

samSydney, NSW

I DO NOT RECOMMEND

My partner and I have been a member of AHM’s extras for the past 6-7 years. The premiums go up every year but the rebates/benefits are exactly the same, not a single cent has been increased. How is that possible to not increase the benefit during the past 7 years (perhaps longer than that) and increase the premiums every single year? So if you want to get ripped off by an insurance company, AHM is your company!

Geneviève T.

Geneviève T.South East Queensland, QLD

Do not trust AHM travel insurance

Apparently AHM thinks that epidemic in China and global pandemic have the same meaning. They are not wanting to refund me despite buying my tickets prior to the declaration by WHO of a global pandemic. AHM is using a dodgy link to say that the WHO has declared the global pandemic on 23/1/2020 which completely false. Never again I will trust this company.

Bri

BriSouth East Queensland, QLD

Read fine print

Although claiming was easy, the fine print needs to be read. I explained what we needed, how many in family and extras we use. signed up, only to find the family claimable amount eg: glasses was not enough cover for us. Had to upgrade or pay full cost of glasses. Changed to NIB where there is no family gap with 60% rebate.