ahm Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (6)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (31) · No (16)

suesan
suesanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Compared with others this is by far the best

Claim is paid I a day or two . App is easy to use . Friendly professional staff cheapest rates .peace of mind. Saving me a lot of money and would highly recommend as I have stayed with them for years

Answered our query promptly and with empathy

Called regarding a question about prescription rebates. Was very busy so opted to be called back. Martin called us back promptly and he was engaging, professional and empathetic to my 94 year old dad's questions. Well done Martin!

Vic F.
Vic F.Perth, WA

A great app and company to look after your family's health needs and cover ,that's what they have done for me

Yes to above I've been with this health company for a couple of years and help me to give me more than I was chasing up on and it was so cheap for a great cover with extras that I didn't know I can get for the same monthly payments

Excellent service whenever I needed it. I got what I paid for!

Health Insurance like all insurance requires some effort to understand the policy. I find that the AHM web site and app are informative and effective. When I claim at a provider it always works and I pay the gap. When I claim personally the claims are always approved within the specified time limits. Occasionally if I can't understand the benefit or I mess up an on-line claim and I need to ring AHM they are really helpful and polite on the call. I also like their call back option which keeps your place in the queue so you get called back in 30mins if that is the queue wait time - not later that day if they are trying to just catch up.

Ariel
Ariel

horrible experience, useless service

arley s.
arley s.South East Queensland, QLD

Unbelievably stressful

Worst health insurance I've ever been with.
It's not at all cheap, you don't get much back. I wasted so much money it would have costless to get dental treatment without insurance.
Their system seems to always go down when you try to claim so you end up paying full price anyway.
Rude customer service after waiting literally hours on the phone (online chat is even worse).
When you leave you'll receive endless harrassing phone calls.

Philip
PhilipIllawarra, NSW

Returning

Pretty good value.
I was with AHM for 40 years before I changed. I've tried 2 other health funds and though their price was compatible their apps weren't as good as AHM.
I also like the call back service from AHM. The others did not offer this service and waiting on the phone too long for many services today is extremely frustrating. Also, I receive better benefits on some dental and massage.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Sali
SaliSouth Australia

great policy

After great conversation and explanation I had confidence to join them with a pride it affordable and great options to choose from and they guide me to the right policy.

AHM Excellent product.

Great value. Good service.
Claims paid within a week. Great app. Staff have always been helpful.
I have been a member for over 25 years.
I have not hesitated to recommended there products to friends.

EILEEN R
EILEEN R

Suits us

Haven't lodged a claim as yet we are new clients,I did however have a problem, i called and was looked after by a polite and efficient lady , problem solved ,happy me

Claim Made No
J.F.N.
J.F.N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Extras

I received a very good extras payment for a pertial set of dentures which I did noy expect and am quite pleased with AHM and their service to privide good care.

Customer
CustomerSydney, NSW

This has been probably the best health insurance I've had

Pros:
-compared to other funds premiums are competitive
-they give back more $ relevant to me. Check out the health improvement allowance
-service is generally decent
Cons:
-I wish health improvement allowance included other brands for spa than just Cancer Council
-I am unsure whether health insurance scheme/ charging in Australia currently is very good. I suspect it needs an overhaul. But this is a government thing.

Claim Made Yes

Exceptional value

Excellent customer service, great value for cover, product knowledge explained in detail, on the whole it’s good value compared to other insurers , with extra benefits, definitely recommended to go with AHM

You wont realise it's a mistake until it's too late!!! Read the fine print!

Ive been paying for my AHM policy coming up close to 5 years. We opted for their basic essentials, hospital and extras cover. Recently I required surgery for a broken finger and needed a K wire to hold the bone in place for 6 weeks. To my surgeon and my complete horror, I have been declined the follow up removal of K wire procedure! AHM claims the removal of the K wire does not fall under the original surgery of "joint reconstruction". Despite requiring the removal following the original procedure! Upon looking into this situation for more information, it appears that this is not a one off occurrence by AHM - According to the ACCC website! Im now facing out of pocket of upto $2500. I am now in the process of changing to another provider

Audrey
AudreySydney, NSW

Great customer service

Love the option of a phone call to a real person when you couldn't get your answer from the website. Also appreciate that they offered to ring you back if the phone queue is a bit long.