AHM (Australian Health Management)

AHM (Australian Health Management)

See the Best Health Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (6) · 2-4 weeks (3) · 1-2 weeks (3) · 3+ months (1) · 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (6)
  • Would Book AgainYes (1) · No (7)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Absolute frauds

AHM Private Health

Policy changed twice and was not notified via text or phone to advise, they also did not tell me about a claim form I needed to lodge 2 weeks prior to my surgery
They will then review the form to decide if the condition was pre-existing or not??? Really AHM you are the ones that force changed my policy not the other way around
Now I need to re-schedule the surgery and all related matters to when they decide that the condition was pre-existing? Really AHM you have all these details listed from my sign up call over 12 months ago

Gretel01

Gretel01South East Queensland, QLD

Complete Waste of Money

Janet Hadow

Janet HadowVictoria

An expensive product.

Unfortunately is this day and age you have to have health insurance and I think not one company is any better than the other. AHM allows me to do all my transactions on HICAPS.

Claim DateDecember 2019

casey

casey

Best Health insurer

I have signed up for the super extras cover for a family of 4. Not once have i been disappointed, everything has been covered as stated in my product guide. I forgot my card once and had to pay the full fee at my chiropractor appointment, i put a claim through online and less then 24 hours later I had been reimbursed. I have piece of mind knowing my family are covered for the unexpected. Thank you for not charging an arm and leg for health insurance and keeping me and my young family going.

Under 30Yes
Claim DateNovember 2019

Cody

CodyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Shonkiest health insurance policy

First up the basic product doesn't cover anything, absolute nothing as everything is excluded which renders the policy useless. They will promise discount, but will never apply them. Has happened to us 3 times. Steer well clear of them.

Claim ApprovedYes

Can't claim on benefits, expensive AHM private insurance

With AHM 3 years++. Paid more to the AHM than the benefits I'll get. It's hard to claim back especially if the providers have no HICAPS machine. Although there are HICAPS services, some providers that provide service such as orthotics, health and management, etc are still unable to swipe member card for the payment which ends up with out of pocket money first. In my case, I ended up UNABLE to claim back the out of pocket money although I've been asking the AHM customer hotline first. AHM service is full of hypes. In my final opinion, why must you stay with AHM private insurance when you can't claim the benefits??

Claim DateSeptember 2019

AbbeyR

AbbeyRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service & benefits

AHM is our first private health insurer and so far I'm really happy with them. We chose the extras cover and it's been so beneficial to us. I discovered them through compare the market and their prices were great for what we were after. The staff have been friendly and onto it whenever I've ever needed anything. Would definitely recommend .

Would Book AgainYes
Sarah W.

Sarah W.South East Queensland, QLD

Theft of a health fund

My account has been cancelled but they keep taking the direct debit!! I spoke to someone on the phone weeks ago about this, listen to your phone recordings... Give me my money back!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Dez

DezGoldfields, WA

Great

Have been with the since 2017 but have only used my extras cover this month for dental. So easy saving me hundreds of dollars. Swipe yr card then pay the remainder. Low fortnightly payments for my whole family. Would definitely recommend!!!

Claim DateAugust 2019

Mishy

MishySouth East Queensland, QLD

A Long time client

ScottyB

ScottyB

AHM = Another Healthcare Mafia

I switched to AHM as my HCF plan was beginning to get expensive for a large family. Straight away cards were late in being issued, then payments for basic dental started getting refused. I barely use this health fund and their cover ceases. I would strongly advise against using AHM or any of the Medibank associates - they are only in it for the money. Changed back to HCF.

Coverage TypeFamily Extension
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019

Suz

SuzGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would be zero for price and cover if possible

Plan CoverageHospital Only

Lillie M.

Lillie M.Sydney, NSW

Very poor.

Very poor service.

I had a very disappointing call with their customer service today.

That staff don’t care, the information they give is never accurate and it’s not worth the money to be quite honest.

Don’t waste your time with them.

David S.

David S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Polite but no empathy. Incomplete service and coverage.

Francesca

Francesca

Only Health Insurance Company to use

I have been with AHM since 2014 and they have always given me exactly what I wanted for the most competitive price. The customer service is of the highest quality and any questions get answered within the first point of contact, all reimbursements happen quickly and my cover suites all my needs. My family and friends are all coverted to AHM as you can't get any better.

Plan CoverageAmbulance Only
Claim DateJune 2019

Art Hurwitz

Art HurwitzSydney, NSW

Comprehensive policy that’s perfectly tailored to my needs

Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Leaves out information and calls it simple

Purposely leaves out information to just so the "simple bits" when they're really just being dodgy. Couldn't even claim on extras because they weren't expensive enough according to an amount that can only be found when making claim and not when purchasing

Courtney

CourtneyHunter Region, NSW

Do not do it!! Wish I could give negative stars!!

Absolutely crap service... No assistance from the "customer advocacy services" Pam... I would not recommend this insurance company they certainly do not care about people and their health......... all money driven...

question for everyone.

1. can you tell me your phone number from 5 years ago?
2. can you tell me who the name was that you spoke to when signing up to the service?
3. can you advise what day you called to set up your policy?

if you don't know the answers to these questions there is a good chance that you will not be receiving the right cover and if have an issue they won't assist you at all!!!!!!!! Cancelling my policy straight away!!!!!

TANYA

TANYAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

AHM Unprofessional Texts Sent

Not very professional sending this to my young daughter who is on my policy. Perhaps the wording should be kept private not hidden from parents. It’s pretty sneaky and my young daughter seemed confused by their message sent to her mobile.