Verifiedwestfund.com.au

• <1 week (75)
  • 1-2 weeks (15)
  • 2-4 weeks (5)
  • 3+ months (3)
Claim ApprovedYes (86) · No (10)
Reliable claims approval
Good value for money
Friendly, helpful staff
See the Best Health Insurance in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Michael L.
Michael L.NSWMid North Coast, NSW

Value for money

We have just joined Westfund and every interaction we have had with their staff has been positive. The value for money is excellent with an increase in coverage for less premium. Show details ·  1
Steve
Steve14 posts

The best move we ever made with private health insurance was to move to Westfund

Westfund is by far the best not for profit health fund around.we were previously with another fund (NIB)that floated as a private company so we moved to Westfund and immediately saved money and received superior service.As someone who requires constant medical treatment Westfund is there to help whenever I contact them.Staff are very helpful making a stressful time much easier. Show details ·  1
Mark
Mark

Customer service

Was having issues online so rang westfund. Didnt have to wait for 1/2 hour or longer like some businesses. Hayley was very helpful and had issue resolved in no time so thanks westfund. Been with them for years and never had an issue yet Show details ·  1
Jaycee
JayceeNSWMurrumbidgee Region, NSW2 posts

Very happy

We switched to Westfund two years ago. This was the best decision we could have made. We are paying a lot less for our cover and getting more benefits that are geared to our needs. As Seniors we need to be fully covered and also watch the cost. Show details ·  1
Sharon
SharonQLDCentral Queensland, QLD3 posts

Great service! Suitable Product

Really pleased with the service I received from Westfund the other day. I was looking to swap health insurance providers and I'd heard good things about Westfund. Called to speak with a consultant and was delighted to find that it was an Australian call centre. The consultant who answered my call helped me through the landmine that is health insurance policies and we found one that was pretty much spot-on for what I need. He was really friendly, nothing was too much trouble, and it was a super positive experience! Show details ·  1
Robert G.
Robert G.NSWIllawarra, NSW3 posts

Great value health cover

I have been with Westfund for over 2 years now, since moving across from another health group.
The service is great, the product cover is great & the fact they support the local community is even better.
A great idea to compare & switch across as great value.
Keep up the good work team. Show details ·  1
L Steeth
L SteethVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Exceptional Customer Service

I have been with Westfund for 5 years. Whenever I have an issue or need help with something I get exceptional customer service. Their staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. Also this year I got 2 bonus payments from Westfund totalling $191.00. It is great that when they are doing well they will give money back. Thank you Westfund. Show details ·  1
Tim
TimDubbo8 posts

Excellent customer service

Excellent and helpful customer service customer service people where very helpful and friendly and professional Show details ·  2
George C.
George C.

Excellent company with great service

I'm new to Westfund ~ 2 years ~ and based on my experience I would not hesitate to recommend them based on my experience. Went through a major surgery at a private hospital of my choice. Westfund was there for me and processed all the payments to the hospital correctly. No drama's or hidden fees. I also subscribe to the Ultimate extra's for dental and other benefits. The app is very good to follow on your smart phone. Never wait long if you call in for customer support. Westfund is non-profit and I've even received money back as a customer. Show details ·  1
Judi Maitland-Parr
Judi Maitland-ParrNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW6 posts

A CARING COMPANY

Because I’m a distance from the Lithgow office I haven't been in person often. Going back a few years I saw another very good Optometrist who nipped my problem in the bud. So I made an appointment to see another today and he being extremely thorough helped me. I only had to pay a nominal amount for two pairs of glasses and came away a “happy Chappy” Show details ·  1
Stephen
StephenTASLaunceston, TAS4 posts

Question answered promptly

Clear and concise information received on my last interaction. Extremely friendly customer service. Show details ·  1
Straight Shooter
Straight ShooterNSWSouth-Eastern Region, NSW3 posts

Perfectly matched my needs

I had a specific issue as well as pre-existing diagnoses and shopped around, got quotes and read reviews from various sources on each Health Insurance company (Top 10) for months. Then I stumbled onto Westfund, got a quote, spoke to the AMAZING customer service officer (Pam), several times to ensure every question I had was answered and then made the leap to sign up. Cannot recommend highly enough regarding my experience. They’re Aussie, local to me and a not for profit that gives cash backs to their customers. Very happy. They were also (surprisingly) the lowest quote! Also, their app is extremely user friendly! Show details ·  1
Denise
Denise

Love westfund

Have dealt with many health funds over the years and westfund is the best always so helpful nothing is a problem Show details ·  1
June Stephenson
June StephensonNSWSydney, NSW4 posts

Excellent Customer Service

I rang and spoke to Rebecca who was very polite, professional and friendly. She went above an beyond to sort out the issue I was having. Everything was resolved. Keep up the great work! Show details ·  1
David
DavidNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Perfect medical fund to be a member of

A very long time member and very happy with the service I, and my family, have received over the years. All claims approved were quickly dealt with. Staff at all times were always willing to assist with all enquires were dealt with in a very professional and polite manner. Show details ·  1

Miliakere R Moroca
Miliakere R Moroca

Could i please get a quote for our family health insurance cover?

Westfund Health Insurance   DM

Hi Miliakere, thanks for reaching out. We would be happy to help you, please send us a private message with your best contact number and a member of our team will get in touch with you to help you with your enquiry.

Roland50

Can I have unlimited preventative visits at any dentists?

Roland50

With the unlimited preventative care for the teeth, can I go to any dentist?

Owen n Charlie
Owen n Charlie

Yep I've never had a problem, just went a month ago and no out of pocket expense.

Westfund Health Insurance   DM
See all Westfund Health Insurance questions

Features

• Westfund states that its cover options are designed for a wide range of policyholders, including young adults, couples, growing families, established families, as well as mature singles and couples.
  • There are 4 broad cover types available: Hospital, Extras, Ambulance and Overseas Visitors cover.
  • Hospital cover includes the following options: Basic, Bronze, Silver, Silver Plus Assure, and Gold Complete Hospital.
  • Extras cover includes Essential Extras (basic), Advantage Extras (mid-level), Esteem Extras (high level), Advantage Pro Extras (high level cover for families), and Ultimate Extras (top extras for singles).
  • You can purchase Ambulance cover separately, or it comes automatically included in all Westfund Extras and Hospital covers.
  • Overseas Visitors cover is specifically designed for people who are on working visas in Australia.

Points of praise

• The policies are described as great value, and are also transparent, with policyholders clear on what benefits they were paying for.
  • Fantastic customer service was a clear highlight of reviewers’ experiences with Westfund Health Insurance. Staff are friendly, caring and attentive. Customers enjoyed speaking with staff. Any issues are sorted out promptly and efficiently.
  • There is a high claim approval rate reported. Reviewers commented that staff are more likely to use their discretion to approve a claim rather than reject it.
CategoryHealth Insurance