Westfund Health Insurance

Why did it take me so long to find Westfund

I have just changed my health insurance to Westfund after 35 years with my previous fund. After conducting a very exhaustive comparison of several health funds myself to see if I was getting value for money it was clear I should have undertaken this task years ago.
I evaluated at least 10 funds before I came across Westfund and, after doing the sums, for me they are the best value for money hands down.
The hospital and extras plans are flexible, transparent and easy to understand. Their customers service team has been amazing making my transition to Westfund effortless. My premiums have also reduced significantly.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Russell, thank you for this positive review. We are so pleased that you found Westfund and that you are happy with the value and peace of mind you receive from your policy. We always appreciate hearing such great feedback from our members.

As usual I received the very best service. I have been a member for many years now and I would be very surprised if I did not get the best service

Claim DateSeptember 2019

Always fantastic service

I am always impressed with their call centre staff and especially their call back system that saves you hours waiting on the phone. If you have a query it is always answered in an effective,efficient,accurate manner.
We have been a member for five years and have never had a problem with a claim after multiple hospital stays and surgeries.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Graeme, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased that you have found our call back system easy to use. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Friendly and helpful service always

Our policy with Westfund has been good value and was very easy to set up.
Claims through Westfund have been quick and staff have always been very helpful, takes the pressure off.
We have been with Westfund approximately 8 years, highly recommend

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Great Service

We have been members of a Westfund for more than 20 years.Until five years ago we Hadith made a claim but due to heart surgery and been diagnosed with a chronic disease last year we have truly made up for it. The Dubbo staff have been wonderful and all their help is greatly appreciated.
Gai Ford

Health fund with value.

It was pleasing to see that when Westfund discontinued my product because of the health insurance reform this year, they upgraded my policy at no cost.

Currently it is also the second least expensive fund to join after Teacher's Health Fund (based on Gold Hospital/Extra Cover for couple, I got numbers from privatehealth.gov.au). Although I could join Teacher's Health Fund, I decided to stick to Westfund.

No excess for day surgery is really good, as some health funds will charge excess for same day procedures like wisdom tooth removal in the hospital.

Westund also has generous dental cover, with general dental cover covering root canal therapy (only two health funds will cover root canal treatments under general dental, Westfund being one) and unlimited general dental coverage for fillings, check clean, extractions and root canal treatments from their mid-range extra cover products.

Today I rang Westfund and was answered within 10 minutes and my enquiry was resolved well. I am very happy so far.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Howard, thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and positive review. It is always pleasing to hear that our members find value and peace of mind with their cover.

Spot on Health Insurance

We deal with the office in Mackay Canelands and the staff here are excellent.
Our claims are paid on the spot and any large claims are in our bank account overnight. We have been with Westfund for many years and will not change or even look for another Health fund. Very happy.

excellent service

I don't often have to contact Westfund, but when I do the service is excellent. The staff are pleasant have good knowledge of all products & are ever willing to assist. Thank you

Claim DateJuly 2019

Very Good value for Money

I am extremely happy with Westfund Great service and employees Have been a member for six years Can only speak highly of Westfund I looked around and found Westfund the best

Coverage TypeSingle
Claim ApprovedYes

Really poor customer service skills

Have 6 unpaid claims going back as far as 19th February 2019. Have been receiving emails from Westfund saying they have recieved my claim and are processing the benifet, but I havent recieved a payment from them since the 25th March. I called them 2 weeks ago, the lady i spoke with said she can see that my claims are elligable for a benifet but she has no clue why i wouldnt be recieving a payment. She said she will speak to her manager and get him to call me back once they figure out whats going on. The manager/ Westfund never contacted, me I called 2 days later to follow up and the lady told me to just resubmit the claims today and she will sort them out, she said sometimes they arent legible (even though i send them all through has HD screenshots and they were processed and accepted as legible by Westfund). So i spent a good hour going through my statments for the entire year to find which transactions I didnt recieve a benifet from. I re-submitted all of them. That was the 25th of June. Its now the 7th of July, 13 days later, i have recieved the email saying the claims are being processed and have been approved but Ive recieved NO MONEY??? Ill be calling Westfund tomorrow. Not impressed.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Tegan, we would like to look into this further for you as it is not the service we expect for our members. We have sent you a private message.Hi Tegan, we hope that this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require any further assistance.

This is perfect. I can’t live without it.

I can only speak very highly of Westfund. Great service, very affordable.
The policy was good value and easy to set up.
When I lodged a claim it only took 1 week.
I have been with Westfund for over 5 years.
I would recommend Westfund, to anyone looking for a good reliable health fund.

Claim DateAugust 2017
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Zenia, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to hear that our members find value and peace of mind with their policy.

Best fund in Australia

We can only speak highly of Westfund who we have been a member of for over 20 years. Great service. great value and we highly recommend Westfund to our friends.

Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
We would not join any other fundYou are the bestHi Judith, Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback. It's always a pleasure to hear from our members that they would recommend Westfund to their friends.

A Great Australian Health Fund

Transferred to Westfund last year, it was very easy to do, effortless for me because the customer service people are Australian speaking and were very courteous and helpful. Westfund had the best value with great high benefits and full cover ( GOLD ) in hospital compared to lots of other funds and the fund I was currently in was very expensive and the benefits were a lot lower. I put a claim in last year with Westfund, I got a higher benefit for my sons braces and the claim was done straight away at a branch, no waiting for part payments over a few years like most other funds. No family members have to pay an excess for day surgery in hospital with Westfund, as a lot of other funds either charge the parents each or the whole family, another plus for me. So glad I switched to Westfund for my family cover, thank you, I'm very happy.

Claim DateApril 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Roz, thank you for such a wonderful review. It's great to hear you are happy with your switch to Westfund and with your cover. We appreciate you taking the time to leave such positive feedback.

Top service and excellent value

I reviewed my HCF hospital cover recently when the new government tiers started to roll out. Whilst HCF said I can keep my Mid cover for another year it was no longer good value compared to Westfund’s Silver Hospital, plus the fact they waiver the excess for day surgery is a bonus. The extras cover I chose with Westfund has more inclusions although the payouts aren’t as much as HCF. Either way, overall I’m happy with the change and both products were given 5 stars from Canstar. I have spoken to Westfund on three occasions and the service has been outstanding...even used their online chat service. Very happy!

Coverage TypeSingle
Book AgainYes
Hi Dazza, thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review. We always enjoy hearing from our members and it's pleasing to know that you're happy with the cover you have chosen. We appreciate your kind words about our service and will be sure to pass them on.

Value for Money in a Cut Throat Market

We moved to Westfund a couple of years ago, being sick and tired of our old fund and ever increasing funds and decreasing service and accessibility. Bingo! We are now saving hundreds of dollars, get great phone and online service and our cover is better than before. What more could we ask? Thanks Westfund.

Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Jenny, We're grateful you decided to make the switch to Westfund and it's always a pleasure to hear that our members have experienced great service from our team. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

BEST VALUE HEALTH FUND IN AUSTRALIA

Have been a member for so long I can't remember when I joined BUT it must have been over 25 years ago. Getting on a bit so have had a few claims mainly for specs, dental & physio etc BUT I had a Quad Bypass about five years ago in a Private Hospital and my only out of pocket was the initial admission to Emergency. Westfunds certainly looks after it members. I cannot recommend them highly enough and they are a non profit organisation so premiums are kept to a minimum. t

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Phillip, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review. We're always proud to hear from our long-term members and we're grateful you have chosen to stay with Westfund.

excellent service

We have had several claims this year, all handled well. The only problem is the out of pocket costs but they are a government problem and only the treating doctors can help with them.
The Westfund staff have always been friendly and very helpful.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Frank, we appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. We're pleased that you have experienced such great service from our team and that your claims have been handled well.

Amazing Service.

I broke a tooth off my plate one day. Phoned Westfund Dental Lithgow the next and was fitted straight in. By the end of the day my plate was as good as new. Thank you for your professional conduct and thoughtful care. I can’t say enough good words about the dentist and the reception people. Thank you all again.

Book AgainYes
Hi Linda, thank you for such a wonderful review of our Lithgow Dental Centre. We will make sure to pass your feedback on.Thank you I would like to think that they feel appreciated. Especially Bethany and dentist Michael

Good, but can be improved

Pros:
- one of the best coverage options
- helpful and responsive customer support

Cons
- online member's portal and mobile app are dated, you can't do much there
- no way of getting information about your limits online (you can only call the support)

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Zaff, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're pleased that you are happy with your cover and the service you have received from our team. We're always aiming to offer more to our members so we appreciate the honest feedback regarding our digital services - we'll make sure to pass this on.

Would prefer to loose a loyal customer then wave a waiting period

Have been a loyal customer for 10+ years, needed to upgrade policies and it had a 12 month wait period, and wouldn’t budge at all with the waiting period there advice to me was look on iselect and find some one who waves the waiting period

Book AgainNo
Hi Kim, We appreciate your loyalty to Westfund. Our members are our priority and, as a not-for-profit insurer, providing quality products and service is important to us. We do our very best to provide support and improved policy inclusions wherever we can, within the framework of our regulated industry. Regrettably, we are unable to change our position on waiving waiting periods on a higher-level cover as per your request. If we arbitrarily waived waiting periods across the board there is no standard of equality across our membership. Westfund has a standard policy to maintain member impartiality by adhering to waiting periods. We thank you for taking the time to share this feedback.