Westfund Health Insurance

Westfund Health Insurance

Would prefer to loose a loyal customer then wave a waiting period

Have been a loyal customer for 10+ years, needed to upgrade policies and it had a 12 month wait period, and wouldn’t budge at all with the waiting period there advice to me was look on iselect and find some one who waves the waiting period

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Book AgainNo
Hi Kim, We appreciate your loyalty to Westfund. Our members are our priority and, as a not-for-profit insurer, providing quality products and service is important to us. We do our very best to provide support and improved policy inclusions wherever we can, within the framework of our regulated industry. Regrettably, we are unable to change our position on waiving waiting periods on a higher-level cover as per your request. If we arbitrarily waived waiting periods across the board there is no standard of equality across our membership. Westfund has a standard policy to maintain member impartiality by adhering to waiting periods. We thank you for taking the time to share this feedback.

Pleased so far that we made the switch from our old fund

The best thing for us about transferring to this policy is that both of my dependant young adult sons who are under 25 will be covered. My old policy would only cover them if they were in full time study. The new premium overall is about the same but includes cover for an additional dependant. It also provides additional ambulance cover in ACT. The transfer process has been easy so far and customer service is top notch. I also appreciate this is an Australian owned fund that was established in 1953.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Book AgainYes
Hi dni, thank you for leaving such positive feedback. We're proud to offer cover for dependants under 25 regardless of whether they are choosing to study or follow a different path. We're also pleased that you have had such a positive experience when dealing with our team.

E-claim form with receipts to be posted

Only been a member 2 months and not impressed at all. Sent in a claim for spectacles that were bought through a vendor that is authorized through Westfund. Completed online claim form and submitted copy of receipt online. Had not heard anything for 3 days so logged into our account and see a mail advising to "post" receipts to them else claim not processed. First issue nobody contacted us to say this is required so if I never logged into our account would have never known any better. Second - why have a online claiming system if i need to post things and 3rd....who uses post these days.

Luckily my wife got hold of Amanda from Member Services whom was amazing and advised the receipt did not come through on the e-claim and if we attach to a mail she sent she would ensure would get to the claims department. So my question, why was someone not calling us when the claim was sent to ask for this. Why did I have to investigate to try and resolve something that should have been simple and easy and painfree

Claim MadeYes
Hi JKRider, thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We apologise for the negative experience you have had while trying to process your claim – this is not the kind of service that we aim to provide our members. We will be further investigating this process to ensure that it is addressed. We hope that Amanda has been able to resolve this issue for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 937 838 if we can offer any further support or information.

Westfund I’m so pleased you are my Insurer.

I’m about to undergo major surgery and my communications with Westfund and their empathetic decision means I’ll do so knowing I’m with a health fund that really does live by it’s stated core values and has its memberships best interest at the forefront. Thank you Westfund for your exceptional service.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Carol, thank you for this wonderful review. We're so pleased that you have received exceptional service from our team and we'd like to wish you a speedy recovery following your upcoming surgery.

The best Health Fund in NSW.

Our family have been with them going on 40 years (now there's only me). Over the years I have looked at what other funds offer but have never found another fund that can match them in service or cover. Love the staff, they look after me and make me feel as if I'm very important to them. Always making sure I get the most out of my cover. And now using their online service as well, so easy to use.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Louise, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review. We're so pleased that you are happy with the service you have received, and we thank you for your years of loyalty to the fund.

I’m not just a number in the big machine....I count

Since joining Westfund, I have experienced good old fashioned service by a business that ensures you know that they care. Regionally based with a passion for people. Westfund is definitely Bestfund

Claim DateMarch 2019
Hi Kendra, thank you for such a positive review. We treat our members as people, not numbers and we are committed to providing them with bespoke service. We're so pleased that you have had such a positive experience when dealing with our team.

Available Staff

Easy to reach your staff. When there was a wait on the telephone, I left call-back details and received a call back in a very timely manner. All questions were answered knowledgeably and quickly. Very impressed with your customer service when other funds are extremely hard to reach by telephone.

Book AgainYes
Hi Gael, thank you for this lovely review. We're dedicated to putting our members first - always. We're pleased to hear that you have experienced the high level of customer service we strive for.

I feel secure with Westfund

my claims have always been settled promptly I have been with Westfund for over 10 years and have had eye surgery also dental work done, also extensive ear cancer reconstruction done and have been pleased with the rebates

Claim DateJuly 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Lynnette, we're so pleased to hear that you feel secure with Westfund. Thanks for taking the time to leave this positive review.

Restoring my faith in customer service

I have been with Westfund for over a year. Their telephone staff are prompt to answer, speak clearly, are informed, polite and patient. They have worked through all my questions, offered to chase issues from my other fund, give me examples of how any changes may affect me and don't rush me off the phone after a few minutes. Restoring my faith in customer service!

Book AgainYes
Hi Joy, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We always strive to provide personalised, committed member service and we're pleased to hear that this has been the case in your interactions with out team.

Still waiting on reimbursement

I signed up 6 weeks ago, turned out I didn’t require Private Health Insurance. Westfund advertises that they will reimburse money with-in 30 days. I’ve called 4 times to ask to be reimbursed but 6 weeks and no one can do their job properly. Poor service

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Claim MadeNo
Hi Jay, thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. This is not the service which we aim to provide. So we can assist with this issue, please send us a private message with your membership details.

Good up until recently

My husband has been an ongoing top cover member of Westfund since he was 18, he is now 54. Just shy of 12 months ago after a recommendation from a staff member we decided to drop back from the top level of cover. The level we dropped to provided us with most of what we had all except the hospital cover. Our plan was Gold Public. I was of the understanding that if we were to stay overnight in hospital it would be in the public’s hospital which I was ok about. Unfortunately we were not made aware of the fact that it included any day procedures, which we always had done in a private hospital. I was due to have a day procedure done recently and thought I had better phone up Westfund, as I had always done previously. I was given news that I really didn’t want to hear. I couldn’t have the procedure done in the Private Hospital. That afternoon we phoned Westfund to immediately revert back to our old cover. After about a week and a half of no answer from Westfund. They give us 2 options. 1. Pay $2100.00 to back date 12 months & I could have the surgery done or 2. Take up the level of cover we had for all those years and have a 12 month wait period...I have to say we were pretty ticked off. I could understand if we were new to Westfund but come on where is the loyalty to your customers!!!

Book AgainYes
Hi Rachel, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We understand that a member of our team has been in contact with you over this issue - if you feel that you would like further investigation, please send us a private message and we will ensure it is followed up.

Westfund is the best

We have been with Westfund for many years, and even though we changed to another fund over the years (I worked with that provider) we gladly returned to Westfund. The reasons are numerous: top of my list is just how easy it is to get a friendly helpful voice at the end of the line when I need to ask a question. There is never a long wait to talk with anyone, and I do not have to press numerous buttons to get where I need to be - and I like that.
Also, I find the reimbursements for extras, especially dental to be very generous.
I am more than happy with Westfund and would encourage others to change over too.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Dorro, it's always lovely to hear from members who have chosen to return to Westfund and we thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. We're so pleased that you have always received friendly, professional service and will be sure to pass this feedback on.

So Glad I Changed

I changed to Westfund in 2013 from Medibank Private which I had joined way back in the early 1980s. Westfund offered so much more for less cost. Claims are always handled quickly and efficiently and Westfund staff are more likely to remind me of what I can claim rather than tell me what Isn't covered. It is easy to contact staff who are always friendly and helpful and I really like that it is a not for profit fund with no shareholders and the CEO is not paid an obscene salary. When they make a profit it is shared with members. I've never heard of another fund which does that.

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Liz, thank you for taking the time to share this amazing review. We're so pleased that you have had such positive interactions with our team. We are proudly not-for-profit and our members come first - always.

Been with them since 1999

We have been with Westfund for nearly 20 years. Every 2 years or so I do a comparison with other funds either calling directly, or on the comparison sites. I then ring Westfund to talk it through, (as we have had to make adjustments as our circumstances change), and every time have found the service, friendly conversation and product (price, cover and rebates) to still be the best for us. The price is fare in comparison and is 'not for profit'(no shareholders..) which we like. We have made numerous claims over our time with Westfund and have never had a problem or knock-back. If you need to ask anything the staff are just a phone call away, and are fully knowledgeable with their product. I can relax now for a couple of years till I go through the exercise again...but I keep coming back to them. Very happy customer.

Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Robyn, at Westfund we are proudly not-for-profit and we invest our time in returning benefits and improved services to our members, not shareholders. We're always proud to hear positive words from our long-term members and we thank you for your years of loyal membership.

Best change of Health Funds

I have been with Westfund for nearly 12 months and am so glad I changed health funds. I had an unfortunate accident and my claim was handled with efficiency in good time. Westfund gives excellent value and great service.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Robbie, thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review. It's pleasing to hear that you have had your claims handled promptly and we're delighted that you find value in your cover.

Very Happy

We were with Westfund many years ago but on moving interstate we had to join another fund (this has changed now). Medibank was becoming more expensive with less returns. So good to be back with Westfund, where they are very helpful and efficient ie if a callback is requested they actually call back, not like so many other companies who do not bother. Coverage is very good on all products.

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Bazz, we're so pleased that you chose to return to Westfund. We are committed to providing bespoke service to our members, and it's great to hear that you have experienced this service first hand.

Very satisfied with my change from another fund

I was satisfied with the company when I needed to make claims, having no problems. The claims have been lodged and dealt with immediately when made by mail, and have always had quick responses from emails when a have had questions.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Mrie P, thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We're pleased that you've had such a great experience with Westfund.

Great level of coverage for the price. So pleased that I made the switch.

We were with Medibank for years, and were unhappy with the low amounts we were getting when we submitted a claim. Our premiums with Westfund are about the same, but we have get so much more back now. We are on the top extras cover, and now get $50 back compared to around $20 (for massage, chiro, physio). On a major dental (crown), we are only $300 out of pocket, compared with $700. Also, it's great that for most things it's a combined limit, so one half of a couple can redeem more than half of the value (for example, my husband has a bad back, so uses up our whole Physio/Chiro allowance every year).

I also love how easy it is to claim (just take a photo through the app) and the fact that everyone I've spoken to has been so helpful and friendly.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Sharon, thank you for this amazing review! It's always pleasing to hear such great feedback from our members about the value they receive from their cover. We're also thrilled to hear that you have found claiming through our app so easy and that our customer service has been of a high standard.

Switching was easy and cost effective.....

I have just switched to Westfund from Medibank. It appears not only will I be saving money with no premium rise in April, but also getting better coverage financially for the entire family. Don't know why I waited so long to compare.... it was a relatively smooth easy transition to change:)

Claim MadeNo
Hi Lucy, we're so happy that you have made the switch to Westfund. Our members are our priority and we're pleased that you found the transition from your previous fund to be a smooth one.

Best move we ever made

We changed to westfund in April 2018 and it was the best thing we did. We saved a small amount of money but have much better cover. Whenever we’ve had to phone them, the call has been answered quickly and dealt with efficiently and by very friendly staff. Claims have always been paid within the 3 business days. Can’t praise them enough!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Chris, thank you for such a wonderful review. We're pleased that you've made the switch to Westfund and that you have found value in your cover.

What has happened to claiming non-PBS scripts after 1-4-19 We are with GOLD
Hi Fred, Westfund members on a Gold policy can claim $50 per prescription for the amount that exceeds the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) co-payment, up to a limit of $400 per member per calendar year. We hope this answers your query.Thank you for this information

When attending a provider is the amount covered by Westfund the same for non Westfund provider as a Westfund associate?
Hi Graeme, Westfund is pleased to offer our Provider of Choice Network to members. Our Provider of Choice Network is a group of dental, physiotherapy and optical providers who are committed to providing exceptional treatment to our members while lowering or eliminating out-of-pocket costs for Extras services on preventative dental, physiotherapy and optical treatments. For more information or to find a Provider of Choice in your area, visit https://www.westfund.com.au/health-services/provider-of-choiceYou Must be joking !!!

I woulod like a list of westfund providers in Western Australia. I can only find dental on the internet
You can claim from any dental and any optical against Westfund, you don't have to use their centres as well (as they are only on the east coast). They don't have "preferred providers" as such. Is that what you mean?Hi Helen, Currently our Provider of Choice Network in Western Australia only includes dental practices, however the Network itself does now also include physiotherapists. If you would like to recommend a dental or physiotherapy practice for the Provider of Choice Network, simply email their details to enquiries@westfund.com.au

Similar listings