• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (56)
    • 1-2 weeks (11)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (61) · No (4)

Increase again in 6 months

I haven’t lodged a claim yet and quite a new member (joined June 2020) and had an increase in my premium last October and this coming April! It’s outrageous! This upcoming increase even removes some of my current coverage which is really disappointing — paying more for less coverage. Will probably get a new insurance!!

larry

larrySydney, NSW

Excellent value with "old fashioned" courtesy!

Been a member for almost 5 years and wish I had joined them earlier. Through several major health issues including heart surgery they have been wonderful with no problems at all.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Larry, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're so pleased to hear that we could be of help and that you find value with your cover.

I can trust Westfund.

My late husband and I joined Westfund many years ago. He has since passed away but I find Westfund very easy and pleasant to work with now that I am on my own. They pay my claims promptly, answer my telephone queries successfully and I feel comfortable knowing they are there for me in the event that I have a serious and large claim. I know I can trust Westfund.

Joyce McGill
Joyce McGill

I thank you for acknowledging my comments, and was interested to read other member's messages also.

Steph-M

Steph-MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Well done Daniel! I rang up for a quote and was very pleasantly surprised at the friendly and informative information he provided. If only we had more customer service representatives like him in the world.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Steph-M, we're so pleased to hear that you had a great experience over the phone with a member of our team - we'll make sure to pass your kind words on. Thanks for taking the time to leave to positive review.

pecasita

pecasita

Policy does not reflect the real conditions

Like all private health funds, they charm you to submit your hard earned money to buy their policy. It all sound clear and explicit in the claims table, and acceptable. When it comes to a claim the real hidden conditions that have not been disclosed come into effect. I causes frustration having discussions with call centre staff. It is disappointing and I might have to continue searching for a fund that covers my needs. I hope that I know now all the questions to ask before closing the deal.

Claim ApprovedNo
Tom Mather

Tom MatherIllawarra, NSW

Excellent product

The policy is just right for us. It's easy to deal with Westfund no hoops to jump through. Just straight forward and excellent rapport with the staff. They are very considerate towards our need.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Tom, we always like hearing when members find value and peace of mind with their cover. Thanks for writing this great review - we'll make sure to pass your kind words on to our team.

Jenny

JennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Westfund is a Great Fund to Be In

Great value for money. Excellent service. Fabulous cover for all of our family members. Having health cover is expensive, but we certainly get the best out of it every time we need it. We have no complaints and would recommend this fund to anyone.

SG

SGSydney

Excellent Value and Customer Service

I shopped around for the best plan at the best price. Westfund has them. Also excellent customer service and it is so easy to make a claim using the App. I would not go to any other fund now. I have recommended Westfund to others. Please look up the products and compare the prices for yourself.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi SG, we always enjoy hearing what our members like most about being with Westfund. Thanks for sharing that you find our customer service excellent and that you recommend us as a health fund.

Dee

DeeCrace 2911, ACT

Westfund Health Fund

Westfund is the best private health I’ve belonged to in over 50 years and will never change because of value for money, plus the staff are always courteous, polite and professional

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Dee, we always enjoy hearing from our long-term members. It's great to know that you find value and peace of mind with your cover. Thanks sharing your feedback with us - we'll make sure to pass your kind words on to our team.

Why

WhyCentral Queensland, QLD

Lots of room for improvement but with top-notch customer service

I hardly give good reviews but when I do, I mean it!

Have been with Westfund for a about a year and switched to another private insurance. Nonetheless, I still consider Westfund has the highest industry standards with superior customer service that I have never experienced elsewhere (amongst all other provide health insurance companies).

There are indeed lots of room for improvement from their internal technical perspective, but they are always trying their best and their support team is so approachable.

Highly recommend west fund not only because of their cheaper premium costs but for their high-quality customer services you will receive.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Why, it is so pleasing to hear that you find our customer service superior. Thank you leaving this review and for sharing your experience with us.

Renee McKenzie

Renee McKenzieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cannot fault their service or the amazing rebates you receive

Every time I have had to call it’s answered quickly and the query is handled immediately. My EP (Exercise Physiologist) says it is the best rebate she has ever seen!!

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Claim DateJanuary 2021
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Renee, it’s so pleasing to hear that you can’t fault the service you’re receiving from us. Thanks for writing this positive review.

dazza

dazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Smoke and mirrors

Claim DateJune 2020
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Dazza, we value all member feedback and appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us - we'll make sure to pass your honest feedback on to our team.

Gavman

Gavman

Been with them for years, got turned down when I needed help.

So I've recently discovered that I may need cancer testing and likely treatment but not to worry those ridiculous dollar signs before me is why I got private health insurance.
... Nope I'm on my own not an ounce of remorse either after I reminded them how serious this was still nothing so I said fine you've lose a client all I got was
"pffft bye then."
At least I've got enough in my super to cover the funeral costs so my parents have one less thing to stress over.

ChrisGardHunter Region, NSW

Outstanding Customer service

We have just transferred to Westfund, going through a Fund comparison. Wanting to make sure we had the best cover for "us". Our previous fund was comparable, the consultant pointed out some benefits Westfund had, that our fund didn't and did the transfer very easily. Wonderful Daniel did the Welcome call. AWESOME guy. Extremely helpful, pleasant and convinced me I'd made the best decision. Westfund is working for Australians and I couldn't be happier we've transferred.

LouiseCentral West, NSW

Great health fund provider

My husband joined WestFund in the late 1970's and I have been a member since the mid 1980. Over the years we (now I) have compared other health funds but always found that WestFund offer the best product & service for cost. WestFund have always met our health needs and costs. Last week had my eyes tested to update my old reading glasses and found not only was I able to get 2 pairs of glasses but there was not out of pocket costs to me and I received them within 7 days time. All the staff, no matter what department have always been polite and very helpful with any & all queries or claims. Fantastic Customer Service, am staying with the best.

Claim DateDecember 2020
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Louise, we're so pleased to hear that you find value and peace of mind with your cover. Thanks for your sharing your experiencing with us - we'll make sure to pass your kind words on to our team.

Elizabeth H.

Elizabeth H.South East Queensland, QLD

Good old fashioned country service.

My phone call with a query about joining was answered promptly. Daniel was so helpful and friendly. He went out of his way to help me get the best deal. Very happy.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for taking the time to share this lovely feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind comments through to Daniel - we always love to hear that our team have provided great customer service.

What a great fund to be a member of!

Westfund is a very professional organisation. Staff are competent and display great Customer Service skills. Claims are processed quickly and if ever there is an issue, it is dealt with immediately. Westfund is value for money!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Helen, thanks for taking the time to leave us such a positive review - we're so pleased to hear that you're happy with Westfund.

Brian T

Brian T South East Queensland, QLD

The Best

My wife and I have been with Westfund for over 20 years. Never a problem with a claim, always the best service. I've checked out other funds non came close, one even told me, stay where you are. My plan is Classic Gold, I'm certainly staying with Westfund. Brian Tomlinson

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2020
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Brian T, thanks for taking the time to write this review. We always enjoy hearing from our long-term members and it's really pleasing to hear that you find our service the best.

Health fund that cares.

I have been with westfund for decades and have always enjoyed great service, very competitive rates and total honesty .
I highly recommend westfund to everyone needing healthcare cover at a fair price

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi warwick W., we are so happy to hear that you enjoy our service and would recommend us as a health fund. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

saintm

saintmWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Consistently great service

I've been with Westfund for over 10 years now. Every so often I shop around to make sure it's still good value for money - it is! The customer service staff are always very courteous and very helpful.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi saintm, we always enjoy hearing from our long-term members. It's great to know that you find value with your cover and that you're happy with the service you're receiving from our team. Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

Jac

Jacasked

I have silver plus insurance. What is the cost for gold cover? Im an aged pensioner

Louise

The best answer I can give is for you to call them on 1300 937 838 as mine membership is fully tailored to my needs so what it may cost me may be different for someone else. The ladies at WestFund Lithgow are extremely helpful with any and all queries. Sorry I could not give you a set figure.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Jac, thanks for asking this question. In order to give you an accurate quote, please send us a private message with your membership number and best contact number or email address and we’ll be in touch shortly.

Sky A.asked

Hi. Can you please tell me what out of pocket expenses to expect with wls and what dr/s you use in Wollongong for this surgery ?

ChrisGard

Hi Sky, it's difficult to answer this question as everyone's plan is on a different level, depending on the cost of premium you choose. We haven't gone with Top cover but we have chosen to have a $500 excess for hospital. It really is useful to chat with the Compare The Market people, they will talk through what you need from the health fund.

Sky A.

Thank you. I will try that. There is also a dr came up in Campbelltown for this op also.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Sky A., thanks for asking this question. We do cover weight loss surgery under our Gold Hospital cover, if it is considered a medically necessary procedure. It's important to note that the procedure needs to have an applicable Medicare Item Number to be payable by Westfund. If you have a pre-existing condition and do not currently have hospital cover, you would need to serve a 12 month waiting period. You are able to choose your own doctor, however to be covered for this procedure your doctor would need have rights to one of Westfund's contracted hospitals. We are more than happy to discuss your options with you. If you would like further information, please send us a private message and we'll ensure it is followed up.

Mona

Monaasked

Hi
do you cover sleeve gastrectomy operation , and how long I should been waiting till i can do my operation .

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Mona, thanks for asking this question. We do cover sleeve gastrectomy surgery under our Gold Hospital cover, if it is considered a medically necessary procedure. It's important to note that the procedure needs to have an applicable Medicare Item Number to be payable by Westfund. If you have a pre-existing condition and do not currently have hospital cover, you would need to serve a 12 month waiting period. If you would like further information, please send us a private message and we'll ensure it is followed up.

Sandra
Sandra

What is considered “pre-existing”?

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Sandra, thanks for asking this question. A pre-existing condition is an illness or condition for which, in the opinion of a medical practitioner appointed by Westfund, signs and symptoms existed during 6 months before the date you joined Westfund or upgraded to a higher level of cover. A 12 month waiting period applies to all new members for hospital costs relating to the treatment of pre-existing conditions.

Should you wish to claim a benefit for hospital treatment before this period ends, you will need to ask your certified medical practitioner to complete the Medical Practitioner Certificate regarding ‘Pre-Existing Ailments’ form - https://dcug9eellku7n.cloudfront.net/dl/forms/Medical_Practitioner_Certificate.pdf

This certificate helps Westfund determine the level of health insurance benefits that will apply when hospitalisation is required for members who have been with Westfund for less than 12 months. Once this period is over you are entitled to the full benefits available under your policy.

If you wish to discuss your enquiry in further detail, please send us a private message with your best contact number and, we will be happy to arrange for a member of our team to give you a call.

Get an answer from our members and Westfund Health Insurance representatives