Verifiedwestfund.com.au

Good value for money
Friendly, helpful staff

Andy
AndySydney, NSW7 posts

Experience trouble logging in. Contacted Westfund - all fixed. It wasn't their website it was my browser causing the problem. Show details
Dan
DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful

Utterly terrible. We switched over from BUPA thinking BUPA were bad. This is the worst health insurer in Australia. Issues with coverage and then dealing with disgruntled, undertrained, unpleasant staff.
Avoid using this fund. Show details
Libby
LibbyNorth Western Region, NSW2 posts

Terrible value - better and cheaper options available

Very expensive for what you get. We held cover for years with few claims. Our type of cover was changed which we failed to notice (Probably some obscure letter with the auto renewal paperwork though we do not recall getting any notification) The product was discontinued which meant that when we checked on line for our level of cover it was misleading and it appeared that we were covered for what we needed. Long story short...not covered for a hip replacement even though that was one of the things we specially asked for initially. Upon review of other companies we would have had better cover for the same price or less. The company was not interested. GO ELSEWHERE. Show details
Cassandra
CassandraSydney, NSW28 posts

Exceptional

Amazing ash was knowledgeable (they answer the phone) professional uncomplicated good quality service and advice when I needed it happily took out new policy which suited me. Show details ·  1
alma
almaSydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts

Westfund a good fund

very helpful staff and they can actually speak understandable English. a great big plus for me. best health fund i have had in 30 years. only disappointment was a small dental biopsy costing me close to $1000 was not covered either by Westfund (or medicare.) Show details ·  1
Brian M.
Brian M.South East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Avoid like the plague

After several years, no claims and $9k in premiums paid, these thieves left me $3.5k in debt at the dental surgery after I phoned several days prior to ensure my procedure would be covered. Information provided was inadequate and misleading. Absolutely no value for money. Try NIB of Bupa instead. No resolution, no assistance, just a huge debt, wasted premiums paid and a very bitter view of Westfund and the industry in general. Show details
Westfund Health Insurance   DM

Hi Brian, we're sorry to hear that this has been your experience. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to send us a private message.

Kris C
Kris CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Professional and knowledgable consultant

The Penrith staff member was professional and very knowedgebable about the Extras products. Was efficient and polite with interaction and transaction process. It was my first contact with Westfund and was a good impression. Cheers Show details ·  1
simon f.
simon f.4 posts

Friendly professional sevice

Excellent service and value for money.
Great to talk to a local person when help is required Show details ·  1
Diane Schultz
Diane Schultz

Best decision ever

Living in South Australia we belonged to a fund which was available locally for many years. Due to a chance meeting inflight with the manager of Westfund, my husband decided to change, about 30 years ago, we have never regretted this move. The staff are amazing, friendly, helpful, reassuring, it's a pleasure to speak with any one of them. This will always be my fund, it is so user friendly. Show details ·  1
Menno
Menno

Excellent Service

Westfund is a not-for-profit health insurance so it is for the benefit of members only. Having done thorough due diligence probably one of the best value for money options available.
We have experienced excellent service over many years now with a local branch in Townsville. Show details ·  1
Michael L.
Michael L.Mid North Coast, NSW

Value for money

We have just joined Westfund and every interaction we have had with their staff has been positive. The value for money is excellent with an increase in coverage for less premium. Show details ·  1
Steve
Steve14 posts

The best move we ever made with private health insurance was to move to Westfund

Westfund is by far the best not for profit health fund around.we were previously with another fund (NIB)that floated as a private company so we moved to Westfund and immediately saved money and received superior service.As someone who requires constant medical treatment Westfund is there to help whenever I contact them.Staff are very helpful making a stressful time much easier. Show details ·  1
Mark
Mark

Customer service

Was having issues online so rang westfund. Didnt have to wait for 1/2 hour or longer like some businesses. Hayley was very helpful and had issue resolved in no time so thanks westfund. Been with them for years and never had an issue yet Show details ·  1
Jaycee
JayceeMurrumbidgee Region, NSW2 posts

Very happy

We switched to Westfund two years ago. This was the best decision we could have made. We are paying a lot less for our cover and getting more benefits that are geared to our needs. As Seniors we need to be fully covered and also watch the cost. Show details ·  1
Sharon
SharonCentral Queensland, QLD3 posts

Great service! Suitable Product

Really pleased with the service I received from Westfund the other day. I was looking to swap health insurance providers and I'd heard good things about Westfund. Called to speak with a consultant and was delighted to find that it was an Australian call centre. The consultant who answered my call helped me through the landmine that is health insurance policies and we found one that was pretty much spot-on for what I need. He was really friendly, nothing was too much trouble, and it was a super positive experience! Show details ·  1

Miliakere R Moroca
Miliakere R Moroca

Could i please get a quote for our family health insurance cover?

Westfund Health Insurance   DM

Hi Miliakere, thanks for reaching out. We would be happy to help you, please send us a private message with your best contact number and a member of our team will get in touch with you to help you with your enquiry.

Roland50

Can I have unlimited preventative visits at any dentists?

Roland50

With the unlimited preventative care for the teeth, can I go to any dentist?

Owen n Charlie
Owen n Charlie

Yep I've never had a problem, just went a month ago and no out of pocket expense.

See all Westfund Health Insurance questions

Features

• Westfund states that its cover options are designed for a wide range of policyholders, including young adults, couples, growing families, established families, as well as mature singles and couples.
  • There are 4 broad cover types available: Hospital, Extras, Ambulance and Overseas Visitors cover.
  • Hospital cover includes the following options: Basic, Bronze, Silver, Silver Plus Assure, and Gold Complete Hospital.
  • Extras cover includes Essential Extras (basic), Advantage Extras (mid-level), Esteem Extras (high level), Advantage Pro Extras (high level cover for families), and Ultimate Extras (top extras for singles).
  • You can purchase Ambulance cover separately, or it comes automatically included in all Westfund Extras and Hospital covers.
  • Overseas Visitors cover is specifically designed for people who are on working visas in Australia.

Points of praise

• The policies are described as great value, and are also transparent, with policyholders clear on what benefits they were paying for.
  • Fantastic customer service was a clear highlight of reviewers’ experiences with Westfund Health Insurance. Staff are friendly, caring and attentive. Customers enjoyed speaking with staff. Any issues are sorted out promptly and efficiently.
  • There is a high claim approval rate reported. Reviewers commented that staff are more likely to use their discretion to approve a claim rather than reject it.
CategoryHealth Insurance