Robyn

Robyn South East Queensland, QLD

Great Service. Great Product!

We have recently switched to Westfund after several years with another health fund. We chose Westfund as they had very competitive rates and offered a few extras that other funds do not, such as no excess on day surgery, and we were also able to add our 22 year old son on the same policy. I have called them on two occasions and both times the phone has been answered promptly (I have not been put on hold) by an Aussie who totally understood by queries and could resolve them immediately. On one occasion, Sarah even phoned me back to reassure me everything was in place for the transfer. Very happy with the product and service so far!

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Robyn, we are thrilled that you are happy with your switch to Westfund. Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review.

Macks

MacksCentral Queensland, QLD

The only health insurance to have!

Westfund have always provided great service and support - whether dental, optical or insurance wise - and especially when my husband developed cancer. The Mackay team helped me out with sincere empathy.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Macks, thank you for writing this review, we are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the quality of service and support you are receiving from our team - we'll make sure to pass your feedback on to our team in Mackay.

Michael Ellis

Michael EllisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simply the best

I have been with Westfund for over 20 years. From the beginning they have been exceptional with their service and support. When you are under duress and stress and ring Westfund, their sensational staff make each and every call to them leave you feeling like you are the most important person in the world. I have never shopped around for cheaper prices advertised in the media, because when your with the best, you stay with them.

Roz

RozSouth East Queensland, QLD

Exceptional customer service

Very happy with their hospital policy (I always shop around each year to ensure I'm getting value for money) - have been with them now for a number of years. Their call centre customer service is wonderful - you don't wait long to speak to someone and whoever you get is professional and keen to help. Well done!

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2018

My comfort Zone

I have been with Westfund since 1968, beginning in Lithgow. I have never felt the need for change, the best system when it comes to the "gap payments" and the many extras on offer.
Never once in this time have we had any difficulty with claim lodgment.
Great value for the freedom we receive.

Under 30Yes
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Eileen, thank you for writing such a positive review. We appreciate your ongoing loyalty to Westfund and are thrilled to hear that you find value and freedom with your cover.

Melika G.

Melika G.

Love Westfund so far!

I joined Westfund in June for their Top Hospital cover and added the extras later into it. I haven't used the hospital yet and only used it for my glasses which was straight forward. I had called them a few times asking questions about my cover, every time the wait was minimum and they answered my questions in details and I was very happy. I still yet to need the hospital and I hope I don't get disappointed by that either.
My only recommendation at this point is, they should have a flexible date for their direct payment. At the moment is 1st of every month, I asked if I can have 5th to 5th and they said their system only supports 1st to 1st.

Russell

RussellSouth East Queensland, QLD

2020 premium increase

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Rayles

RaylesKIAMA

Best health cover!

My family have been with Westfund for over 30 years and we have never had any problems with coverage or refunds.
The staff are always friendly and efficient AND they know the product.
Highly recommended *****

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Rayles, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback, we always enjoy hearing from our long-term members. It's great to hear that you are satisfied with your cover and the service you are receiving.

K V.

Westfund promised to do things but nothing happens.

K V.

Ah I was told the issue of my membership being changed from fortnightly to half yearly would be investigated but then I got the invoice. So can I trust $629.98 won't be taken out, even those on the 23/1 I won't be a Westfund member? Ah no.

Find out how Westfund Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Great service and must need

Westfund are so easy to deal with. Give them a call and they can help and answer any questions your have. They are easy to make a claim. We have been with westfund for over 9 years. I would recommend them to any of my friends and family

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Angela B., we appreciate your ongoing loyalty to Westfund and are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the service you are receiving. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback.

Unimaton

UnimatonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great value compared to competitors.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Unimation, thank you for writing this detailed review. We are proud that you have chosen us as your health insurer and always appreciate hearing honest feedback from our members - we'll make sure to pass your thoughts on.

GJA

GJACentral West, NSW

Exceptional

Exceptional value, exceptional service, exceptional products, exceptional care! I am so pleased that I swapped over to Westfund. I have felt like a valued customer from day one. I have been with the fund for several years now and cannot believe however efficient and professional they are. For the first time ever I feel like I am getting real value from a health fund. Highly recommended AAA+++

Claim DateJune 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi GJA, we appreciate the time you have taken to share your wonderful feedback. It's great to hear that you are happy with your switch to Westfund. Thank you for writing this detailed review.

CillHunter Region, NSW

Expertise and Rapport

When I phoned for help and information I was treated as intelligent and valued with immediate action taken to address my particular needs, delivered with kindness and a total working knowledge of the organisation. The rest of the questions under are not related to my very long term membership and approach made to staff just today only.

Cill

Please note the staff member was Cheri.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Cill, we are delighted to hear that you feel like a valued member and that you are happy with the service you are receiving from our team. Thank you for your ongoing support to Westfund and for writing this positive review.

Cill

It's easy to be nice when you were.

David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tried other Funds but so Happy with Westfund

Yes my Policy is very well suited to my needs.
My claims were dealt with extremely promptly and finalised within a couple of days. Now into my second year. I have numerous phone conversations with Westfund and every time they have answered my questions fully.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your policy and the service you are receiving. We appreciate your kind words.

Gavin Muller

Gavin MullerSouth West, QLD

Piece of mind with westfund health insurance

Have been a member for 19 years and always found them to be very efficient and very quick with there claiming process. There policys are great value for money!!! and how do you put a price on your health. You get what you pay for. I would recommend to anyone out there looking for great value and excellent service.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Gavin Muller, it is always a pleasure to hear from our long-term members, we appreciate your ongoing loyalty to Westfund. Thank you for writing this wonderful review - we'll make sure to pass your feedback on.

Doooooob

Doooooob

Pathetic response to my query

I am looking to switch the health insurance and based on the reviews and the plans available, Westfund got me interested.

I couldn't find the detail of the sub-limit items on General Dental. So I made an enquiry via email. The response I got was so vague, it helped me to made up my mind to take my business elsewhere.

Ideally they should've provided me the sub-limit on the common dental items in that plan, which would have given me some indication on what benefit I would get.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Doooooob, we always aim to provide the most accurate information as possible, particularly when discussing specific item limits. We're sorry to hear you had an unsatisfactory experience.

LizzyJ

LizzyJMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent bang for buck!

Located in AUSTRALIA!! Never rushed on the phone when i call. We're in SA, and never have any issues with find preferred suppliers. Happy to support an Aussie group .. not for profit either

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi LizzyJ, thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your cover and the service you are receiving. We appreciate the time you have taken to leave this positive review.

Kym B.

Kym B.South East Queensland, QLD

Been a member for a number of years. Competing prices, awesome service.

Great coverage
Excellent service
Compete with prices
I have been a member for a number of years and never anything but happy with the service and products.
Contact is welcome by phone, things dont have to be submitted online .

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Kym B., we always enjoy hearing from our members and are pleased to hear that you are happy with your cover and the service you are receiving. Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review.

Elsie

ElsieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Fund, Staff and Service

Since being recommended to and joining Westfund, we have had fantastic service and assistance from the staff at Westfund. We initially saved $1,600 in the first year compared with our old fund, with even better benefits and have been with Westfund for at least four years. Last year my husband had a fall in a country town, landing in a country regional hospital with a spiral fracture of his right femur, which necessitated two weeks stay there prior to him being transferred back home by air. One of the best helpful benefits enabled me to pay for my motel accommodation while we were in the region unexpectedly.

Love the vitamin benefit as well, and was reminded by the staff today to claim it, as I had forgotten that it was there.

Claim DateNovember 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Elsie, we are so happy to hear you find value and peace of mind in your cover and especially during the time your husband had his fall last year. Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback - we will make sure to pass your kind words on.

VeeCairns

Worst customer service

Their customer service is non existent, they care about collecting premiums not their customers. When it comes to claiming members benefits they give customers the run around. Then when you question it they become very defensive and rude. Im very disappointed and disgusted by the treatment Ive received from this health fund after having been with them for years and paid a lot of hard earned money. The time that i need to claim they start hiccuping, its not right!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Linda m

Linda masked

I would like to know the option that has private hospital cover for cosmetic surgery and weather u cover this
Due to weight loss or not

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Linda m, thank you for taking the time to ask this question. Unfortunately, cosmetic surgery would only be covered if it sits under the clinical category of plastic and reconstruction surgery and is deemed medically necessary.

Weight loss surgery is an inclusion on our Gold Hospital policy. This policy covers the below weight loss procedures:

o Hospital treatment for surgery that is designed to reduce a person’s weight, remove excess skin due to weight loss and reversal of a bariatric procedure.
o For example: gastric banding, gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy.

To ensure you are covered for your elected procedure, we advise you to get a quote from your doctor which includes the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) item numbers and email the quote with your enquiry to enquiries@westfund.com.au

If you wish to discuss your enquiry in further detail, please send us a private message with your best contact number and we will arrange for a member of our team to give you a call.

Michael

Michaelasked

Does any of your policies cover future surgery for cataracts ? Thank you

Fired Up
Fired Up

Suggest you get a friend to ring and ask for details

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to ask this question. Our Gold Hospital and Silver Plus Assure Hospital policies have coverage for cataract surgery as an in-patient in hospital for members who have served their waiting periods.

Wayne Kiernanasked

I am considering changing to Westfund. Do they have a preferred optical provider in Redcliffe Queensland or with 50km

Julie Taylor
Julie Taylor

I am in NSW and go to a Specsaver shop and Westfund give me a refund of approx $250 ( sometimes I don’t spend that as with most places they cover the eye test through Medibank and Specsavers claim and I don’t have to do a thing) I know there is a Westfund at Maroochydore Qld. Just give them a call. Good luck with it all

Wayne Kiernan

Thanks.This has been helpful.

Get an answer from our members and Westfund Health Insurance representatives