Westfund Health Insurance

Westfund Health Insurance

Still waiting on reimbursement

I signed up 6 weeks ago, turned out I didn’t require Private Health Insurance. Westfund advertises that they will reimburse money with-in 30 days. I’ve called 4 times to ask to be reimbursed but 6 weeks and no one can do their job properly. Poor service

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Coverage TypeSingle

Good up until recently

My husband has been an ongoing top cover member of Westfund since he was 18, he is now 54. Just shy of 12 months ago after a recommendation from a staff member we decided to drop back from the top level of cover. The level we dropped to provided us with most of what we had all except the hospital cover. Our plan was Gold Public. I was of the understanding that if we were to stay overnight in hospital it would be in the public’s hospital which I was ok about. Unfortunately we were not made aware of the fact that it included any day procedures, which we always had done in a private hospital. I was due to have a day procedure done recently and thought I had better phone up Westfund, as I had always done previously. I was given news that I really didn’t want to hear. I couldn’t have the procedure done in the Private Hospital. That afternoon we phoned Westfund to immediately revert back to our old cover. After about a week and a half of no answer from Westfund. They give us 2 options. 1. Pay $2100.00 to back date 12 months & I could have the surgery done or 2. Take up the level of cover we had for all those years and have a 12 month wait period...I have to say we were pretty ticked off. I could understand if we were new to Westfund but come on where is the loyalty to your customers!!!

Book AgainYes

Westfund is the best

We have been with Westfund for many years, and even though we changed to another fund over the years (I worked with that provider) we gladly returned to Westfund. The reasons are numerous: top of my list is just how easy it is to get a friendly helpful voice at the end of the line when I need to ask a question. There is never a long wait to talk with anyone, and I do not have to press numerous buttons to get where I need to be - and I like that.
Also, I find the reimbursements for extras, especially dental to be very generous.
I am more than happy with Westfund and would encourage others to change over too.

Claim DateMarch 2019

So Glad I Changed

I changed to Westfund in 2013 from Medibank Private which I had joined way back in the early 1980s. Westfund offered so much more for less cost. Claims are always handled quickly and efficiently and Westfund staff are more likely to remind me of what I can claim rather than tell me what Isn't covered. It is easy to contact staff who are always friendly and helpful and I really like that it is a not for profit fund with no shareholders and the CEO is not paid an obscene salary. When they make a profit it is shared with members. I've never heard of another fund which does that.

Coverage TypeSingle

Been with them since 1999

We have been with Westfund for nearly 20 years. Every 2 years or so I do a comparison with other funds either calling directly, or on the comparison sites. I then ring Westfund to talk it through, (as we have had to make adjustments as our circumstances change), and every time have found the service, friendly conversation and product (price, cover and rebates) to still be the best for us. The price is fare in comparison and is 'not for profit'(no shareholders..) which we like. We have made numerous claims over our time with Westfund and have never had a problem or knock-back. If you need to ask anything the staff are just a phone call away, and are fully knowledgeable with their product. I can relax now for a couple of years till I go through the exercise again...but I keep coming back to them. Very happy customer.

Claim DateNovember 2018

Best change of Health Funds

I have been with Westfund for nearly 12 months and am so glad I changed health funds. I had an unfortunate accident and my claim was handled with efficiency in good time. Westfund gives excellent value and great service.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2018

Very Happy

We were with Westfund many years ago but on moving interstate we had to join another fund (this has changed now). Medibank was becoming more expensive with less returns. So good to be back with Westfund, where they are very helpful and efficient ie if a callback is requested they actually call back, not like so many other companies who do not bother. Coverage is very good on all products.

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Very satisfied with my change from another fund

I was satisfied with the company when I needed to make claims, having no problems. The claims have been lodged and dealt with immediately when made by mail, and have always had quick responses from emails when a have had questions.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Great level of coverage for the price. So pleased that I made the switch.

We were with Medibank for years, and were unhappy with the low amounts we were getting when we submitted a claim. Our premiums with Westfund are about the same, but we have get so much more back now. We are on the top extras cover, and now get $50 back compared to around $20 (for massage, chiro, physio). On a major dental (crown), we are only $300 out of pocket, compared with $700. Also, it's great that for most things it's a combined limit, so one half of a couple can redeem more than half of the value (for example, my husband has a bad back, so uses up our whole Physio/Chiro allowance every year).

I also love how easy it is to claim (just take a photo through the app) and the fact that everyone I've spoken to has been so helpful and friendly.

Coverage TypeFamily
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Switching was easy and cost effective.....

I have just switched to Westfund from Medibank. It appears not only will I be saving money with no premium rise in April, but also getting better coverage financially for the entire family. Don't know why I waited so long to compare.... it was a relatively smooth easy transition to change:)

Coverage TypeFamily

Best move we ever made

We changed to westfund in April 2018 and it was the best thing we did. We saved a small amount of money but have much better cover. Whenever we’ve had to phone them, the call has been answered quickly and dealt with efficiently and by very friendly staff. Claims have always been paid within the 3 business days. Can’t praise them enough!

Insurance claim madeYes

Westfund gets you better service and better value for your dollar

We have only just started our journey with westfund but we are exceptionally happy with the professional service and product knowlegde
Even more stoked with the savings

Insurance claim madeNo

Great.......but

I have been with them for two yeara, they've been great. But lately it takes forever to get a claim processed

Very helpful Staff

I have been with westfund for over 10 years and the staff have always been very helpful at finding the best policy for me as things change as we age and semi -retire.I have looked into other funds and think Westfund still provides what is best for me.

Insurance claim madeYes

Trying to switch to them and it's been a slow, painful process so far.

It's almost 2 weeks since I tried to switch from NIB to Westfund due to better better major dental cover, and I'm still waiting for something to happen. I switched before from a major health insurance provider to another, and I don't recall it being this slow and frustrating.

Insurance claim madeNo

After 10yrs with Westfund I broke my leg. hospital surgery & 3mths in rehab hospital paid. No excess as it was an accident. Received $100 per night for initial hospitalisation which helped buy equipment for unit. More than made up for premiums paid. Excellent!!!!

Insurance claim madeYes

The greatest fund they have looked after myself and family for years

Years and years and they have been just great to deal with. They have always been so helpful and their staff have been very friendly and have a great attitude

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Barry, thank you for choosing us. We are happy we are able to consistently provide you with great customer service over the years. We appreciate your feedback.

Westfund is an excellent health fund

This health fund is a cut above the others
Excellent!! I have had no problems when making claims. Payments are promptly paid

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Lil S, Thank you for your 5-star review. We are delighted that you have had a great experience with us as we pride ourselves on our customer service. Thank you for choosing us.

Fantastic Health Fund

We have been with Westfund for 20 years. Have been extremely satisfied with the coverage, claims process and customer service.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Marylou, Thank you for being with us for 20 years. We are delighted that you have chosen us to be your health insurer and we hope to continue to provide great service to you. Have a wonderful day.Thank you.

Poor optical service

I have been a member for almost 10 years. My plan allows $180 yearly for glasses. I discovered yesterday that because I have multifocal lenses no payment is given for these, only the frames so my payment by Westfund was $109. There is now $70 sitting there which will not be used . Why does the Fund not allow that $70 to go toward the multifocal lenses? It is discriminating against people who require glasses all their waking hours. Even the Optician had not heard of this before.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Mausy, Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback. We hope we were able to resolve your issue for you. Please do not hesitate to call one of our friendly staff on 1300 937 838 if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing us Mausy.