Gavin Muller

Gavin MullerSouth West, QLD

Piece of mind with westfund health insurance

Have been a member for 19 years and always found them to be very efficient and very quick with there claiming process. There policys are great value for money!!! and how do you put a price on your health. You get what you pay for. I would recommend to anyone out there looking for great value and excellent service.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Gavin Muller, it is always a pleasure to hear from our long-term members, we appreciate your ongoing loyalty to Westfund. Thank you for writing this wonderful review - we'll make sure to pass your feedback on.

Doooooob

Doooooob

Pathetic response to my query

I am looking to switch the health insurance and based on the reviews and the plans available, Westfund got me interested.

I couldn't find the detail of the sub-limit items on General Dental. So I made an enquiry via email. The response I got was so vague, it helped me to made up my mind to take my business elsewhere.

Ideally they should've provided me the sub-limit on the common dental items in that plan, which would have given me some indication on what benefit I would get.

Attached is the email conversation.

Would Book AgainNo
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Doooooob, we always aim to provide the most accurate information as possible, particularly when discussing specific item limits. We're sorry to hear you had an unsatisfactory experience.

LizzyJ

LizzyJMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent bang for buck!

Located in AUSTRALIA!! Never rushed on the phone when i call. We're in SA, and never have any issues with find preferred suppliers. Happy to support an Aussie group .. not for profit either

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi LizzyJ, thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your cover and the service you are receiving. We appreciate the time you have taken to leave this positive review.

Kym B.

Kym B.South East Queensland, QLD

Been a member for a number of years. Competing prices, awesome service.

Great coverage
Excellent service
Compete with prices
I have been a member for a number of years and never anything but happy with the service and products.
Contact is welcome by phone, things dont have to be submitted online .

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Kym B., we always enjoy hearing from our members and are pleased to hear that you are happy with your cover and the service you are receiving. Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review.

Elsie

ElsieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Fund, Staff and Service

Since being recommended to and joining Westfund, we have had fantastic service and assistance from the staff at Westfund. We initially saved $1,600 in the first year compared with our old fund, with even better benefits and have been with Westfund for at least four years. Last year my husband had a fall in a country town, landing in a country regional hospital with a spiral fracture of his right femur, which necessitated two weeks stay there prior to him being transferred back home by air. One of the best helpful benefits enabled me to pay for my motel accommodation while we were in the region unexpectedly.

Love the vitamin benefit as well, and was reminded by the staff today to claim it, as I had forgotten that it was there.

Claim DateNovember 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Elsie, we are so happy to hear you find value and peace of mind in your cover and especially during the time your husband had his fall last year. Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback - we will make sure to pass your kind words on.

VeeCairns

Worst customer service

Their customer service is non existent, they care about collecting premiums not their customers. When it comes to claiming members benefits they give customers the run around. Then when you question it they become very defensive and rude. Im very disappointed and disgusted by the treatment Ive received from this health fund after having been with them for years and paid a lot of hard earned money. The time that i need to claim they start hiccuping, its not right!

Claim ApprovedNo

Westfund are Wonderful

Westfund offer quality care and their over the phone service is excellent. The phone is answered quickly. Have been with them 20 years, wouldn't change. They provide payment for claims promptly.

Coverage TypeSingle
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Christine M., it is always a pleasure to hear from our long-term members. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the service you are receiving and appreciate the time you have taken to leave this positive review.

Christine M.
Christine M.

You and all at Westfund are most welcome. My comments about Westfund are well deserved.

Chris

ChrisIllawarra, NSW

Happy and satisfied member!

We changed to Westfund a couple of years ago and never looked back, we are always amazed at how easy and friendly they are to deal with, even on two occasions advising us of additional entitlements we could claim for! Compared to our previous fund Westfund is so user friendly and offer good value for premium cover, I never hesitate to recommend Westfund to family and friends.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Chris, we are always happy to hear that our members have experienced great service from our team and find value form their cover. Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review.

LaL

LaLCentral Queensland, QLD

I am so relieved I changed providers

I recently changed to Westfund after being a loyal Medibank Private member for 30+ years. I had blindly accepted premium increases during this period however after seeing the increase in April ‘19, I was motivated to undertake a provider comparison. I subsequently changed to Westfund and based on my interactions with Westfund from the initial contact to now, my decision has been vindicated. Interestingly I have not heard a word from MP which speaks volumes.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Lal, It is great to hear you are happy with your switch to Westfund. Thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed review.

Russell

RussellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Why did it take me so long to find Westfund

I have just changed my health insurance to Westfund after 35 years with my previous fund. After conducting a very exhaustive comparison of several health funds myself to see if I was getting value for money it was clear I should have undertaken this task years ago.
I evaluated at least 10 funds before I came across Westfund and, after doing the sums, for me they are the best value for money hands down.
The hospital and extras plans are flexible, transparent and easy to understand. Their customers service team has been amazing making my transition to Westfund effortless. My premiums have also reduced significantly.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Russell, thank you for this positive review. We are so pleased that you found Westfund and that you are happy with the value and peace of mind you receive from your policy. We always appreciate hearing such great feedback from our members.

Spanna

SpannaIllawarra, NSW

As usual I received the very best service. I have been a member for many years now and I would be very surprised if I did not get the best service

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Spanna, thank you for taking the time to leave this great review. We appreciate your positive feedback and are pleased to hear you are happy with the service you are receiving.

Graeme Y.

Graeme Y.Illawarra, NSW

Always fantastic service

I am always impressed with their call centre staff and especially their call back system that saves you hours waiting on the phone. If you have a query it is always answered in an effective,efficient,accurate manner.
We have been a member for five years and have never had a problem with a claim after multiple hospital stays and surgeries.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Graeme, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased that you have found our call back system easy to use. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Julie TaylorSydney, NSW

Friendly and helpful service always

Our policy with Westfund has been good value and was very easy to set up.
Claims through Westfund have been quick and staff have always been very helpful, takes the pressure off.
We have been with Westfund approximately 8 years, highly recommend

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Julie, thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We are glad you find value and peace of mind with your policy and we are so happy to hear you find the claims process quick to do.

Gai

GaiNorth Western Region, NSW

Great Service

We have been members of a Westfund for more than 20 years.Until five years ago we Hadith made a claim but due to heart surgery and been diagnosed with a chronic disease last year we have truly made up for it. The Dubbo staff have been wonderful and all their help is greatly appreciated.
Gai Ford

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Gai, thank you for taking the time to leave this great review. We are always happy to hear that are members are satisfied by the service they are receiving.

Howard

HowardSydney, NSW

Health fund with value.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Howard, thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and positive review. It is always pleasing to hear that our members find value and peace of mind with their cover.

Very Satisfied

Very SatisfiedCentral Queensland, QLD

Spot on Health Insurance

We deal with the office in Mackay Canelands and the staff here are excellent.
Our claims are paid on the spot and any large claims are in our bank account overnight. We have been with Westfund for many years and will not change or even look for another Health fund. Very happy.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Very Satisfied, thank you for sharing your positive feedback. It is always pleasing to hear that our members are happy with the service they are receiving. Thank you for taking the time to leave this great review.

excellent service

I don't often have to contact Westfund, but when I do the service is excellent. The staff are pleasant have good knowledge of all products & are ever willing to assist. Thank you

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Droughtmaster, it is always a pleasure to hear that our members are happy with the service they are receiving. Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback.

Salmon

SalmonNorthern Region, NSW

Very Good value for Money

I am extremely happy with Westfund Great service and employees Have been a member for six years Can only speak highly of Westfund I looked around and found Westfund the best

Coverage TypeSingle
Claim DateMay 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Salmon, thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. It is pleasing to hear that you are happy with the service you are receiving. We appreciate the time you have taken to leave this great review.

Really poor customer service skills

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Tegan, we would like to look into this further for you as it is not the service we expect for our members. We have sent you a private message.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Tegan, we hope that this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require any further assistance.

This is perfect. I can’t live without it.

I can only speak very highly of Westfund. Great service, very affordable.
The policy was good value and easy to set up.
When I lodged a claim it only took 1 week.
I have been with Westfund for over 5 years.
I would recommend Westfund, to anyone looking for a good reliable health fund.

Claim DateAugust 2017
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Zenia, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to hear that our members find value and peace of mind with their policy.