Westfund Health Insurance
See the Best Health Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Westfund Health Insurance

Pros

Reliable claims approval
Good value for money
Friendly, helpful staff

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (70)
    • 1-2 weeks (13)
    • 2-4 weeks (5)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (77) · No (8)
Dissapointed
DissapointedMid North Coast, NSW

Great to be able to talk to someone and extremely helpful

Easy to access Web pages and great customer service.not to mention the great rate they gave me for the same amount of cover that my previous no customer service health provider

Happy Member

Very happy with service and reliability of claims with Westfund. Staff have always been extremely helpful and courteous and general communication is very good. I changed to Westfund because of value and extras. Was disappointed when kiniesiology was removed however. Great policy on hospital excess! App is great to use but have had trouble connecting to it at times. Happy to recommend Westfund to anyone!

WestfundWestfund Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi HRS, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are so glad to hear that you have always found our team to helpful!

Freshie
FreshieFar North Queensland, QLD

WESTFUND = THE BEST HEALTH INSURANCE FUND IN OZ!

The BEST fund in Australia! A not-for-profit organisation open to anyone in Oz. (My family and I live in Cairns and Westfund even has preferred dentists here which helps decrease or cancel gap payments!) ALSO one of fund’s unique initiatives is that my family health cover includes our adult kids up to the age of 25 regardless of their occupation or if they’re living elsewhere! AND the age ceiling for them is about to be extended to 31 from 1st August this year! (The only exclusion is if they are married or have kids.) Excellent phone service, great app and good health cover. Can’t speak more highly of this health insurance organisation. (Queensland country health comes in at a close second.)

WestfundWestfund Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Freshie. Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words! We are so happy to hear you are able to benefit from or Provider of Choice network and our dependant cover options.

kevin krost
kevin krostSydney, NSW

Great Medical aid

Westfund has been an amazing Medical
Aid.
The App is perfect and so easy to use.
The staff are always friendly and go out of their way to always help me if need be.

WestfundWestfund Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Kevin, it's great to here that our team are always a pleasure to deal with. Thanks for taking the time to leave this review.

Yvette K.
Yvette K.South East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

I recently looked at prices and reviews of other health funds, always looking at saving money. In the end I realised you only get what you pay for! I am happy with Westfund's customer service and benefits, so in the end I realised it was better to stay with them rather than go to another fund which might save me a few $$ but be difficult to deal with. Thanks.

WestfundWestfund Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Yvette, it's great you have decided to stay with us and we are happy to hear you always have a great experience when dealing with our team members. Thanks for leaving this review.

Great customer service and claims paid promptly.

I have waited a year until I felt it was appropriate to make any comments on Westfund. I am very pleased with their service level. My claims are paid promptly - usually at the point of service when my membership card is swiped. My experience is very positive. The benefits are very competitive with other providers. My wife has Bupa and they are arguing with Ramsay Health care over coverage at private hospitals here in Queensland. I don't want any stress or anxiety stuck between providers and private hospitals. I subscribe to one of their best cover plans. I don't chase companies for cheap policies. At the end of the day you generally get what you pay for and I'm happy with Westfund.

WestfundWestfund Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi George, happy one year anniversary with Westfund! It is wonderful to hear of your positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

Susan P
Susan PAU

Westfund is the best health fund I have EVER dealt with.

Our policy covers all of our needs and we are frequently told by providers that their claims are of a higher value than many.

WestfundWestfund Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Susan. Thanks for taking the time to share this review. It's great knowing members are happy with their cover and our claims process.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Ambulance Cover & Insurance in Australia

Many people mistakenly believe that the cost of an emergency ambulance call out is covered by Medicare, but unfortunately it's not. State governments in QLD and TAS will pick up the bill, but what about the rest of Australia?

ambulance-cover-insurance-in-australia
Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Peter
PeterIllawarra, NSW

New Customer. Very Impressed.

I've only been a customer for 5 months but every time I've rung them for assistance I've always been impressed with their customer engagement. A rare experience these days. Well done all.

• Claim Made No
WestfundWestfund Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Peter, welcome to Westfund! We are so happy to hear you have received excellent service from our team. Thanks for taking the time to leave this review.

Stewie
StewieCentral Queensland, QLD

Great introduction to Westfund

Being disappointed by my previous health insurance company after approx. 56 years I conducted my own research and Westfund ticked all my boxes, namely in cost, products offered and local accessability. They have provided excellent service so far from the local staff. Congratulations Westfund. Keep up the good work.

WestfundWestfund Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Stewie, welcome to Westfund! Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are so happy to hear you have had excellent service from our team.

Sal
SalSydney, NSW

Yet to see any real value?

I keep putting money in and get nothing really out. What’s the point when they keep moving the goal posts on the policy? You start to claim on vitamins.. they change it… you need to use your top up when your on top cover. They change it so you can’t use it on major dental. 5 years I’ve been a member.

Kal
KalDunlop 2615, ACT

An overdue review from a very happy (and dare I say loyal?) customer

WestfundWestfund Health InsuranceSend a private message

Advertising does not match who they really are

I’ve been with Westfund now for three years? I I thought I was happy with the service until I actually needed them and they didn’t come through. I’m still waiting for an email back. When I called they said they’ll call me back and they don’t. I don’t know why people say they are getting good service because it’s just not what I’ve ever had. They must’ve been getting paid for their reviews. Because it’s just too many. I’ll cover has heaps of benefits removed from when we previously bought it. And there premium just keeps going up every year. Just getting to the point now where I could be paying for a pretty luxurious car weekly.

J.hutt

Yeah right would rather private message me than comment on here! Because you purposely hide all the bad stuff you do. Roger that. Hope everyone sees through this facade at some stage

J.hutt

Then why are you removing benefits every year? Why do you increase the price and remove benefits?

Maggi Day
Maggi DayQueensland

Excellent policy ensuring peace of mind

Yes the policy is good value. Claims are dealt with promptly I think for at least 14 years. Westfund provides excellent service.setting up was done by the staff after going through the policy very clearly and discussing the type of extras applicable to me.

• Claim Made No
WestfundWestfund Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Maggi, thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We are happy to hear you received excellent service from our team.

alma
almaSydney Surrounds, NSW

this is what i call service

i have only just signed up with Westfund on the recommendation of a friend. i have not made any claims yet so i can't speak to that area. however, i was most impressed with my initial conversation, where the young man spent an hour with me and i know that this was 45 minutes of his own time because i called the number at 4.45pm and i believe they close at 5pm.

WestfundWestfund Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Alma, welcome to Westfund! We are so happy our contact centre team were able to assist you. Thanks for leaving this review.

Gun
GunSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great company to deal with

Have been with this company for several years and always found them to give excellent value for the premium paid. Customer service is always friendly and helpful. Would certainly recommend.

WestfundWestfund Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Gun, thank you for taking the time to share this review. It's great that you always have an enjoyable experience with our team.

Kim M.
Kim M.asked

do you cover gap payments for knee replacements, mri knee , pharmaceutical costs during surgery

Janetasked

Does Westfund have many extras providers in south perth area wa

Janet

Thanks. At present only 2 dentists in my area. Will keep following the expanse of Westfund and hopwfu;;y can change to any provider here with a Hicaps machine

Jitender A.
Jitender A.asked

Hi There,
Is Westfund policy available in Victoria? Do you have any branch in victoria? will we be eligible for same benefits in victoria?

Craig C.
Craig C.

Not sure but their head office is in NSW and I live in Queensland so I think they might.

See all Westfund Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Westfund Health Insurance representatives

Features

• Westfund states that its cover options are designed for a wide range of policyholders, including young adults, couples, growing families, established families, as well as mature singles and couples.
  • There are 4 broad cover types available: Hospital, Extras, Ambulance and Overseas Visitors cover.
  • Hospital cover includes the following options: Basic, Bronze, Silver, Silver Plus Assure, and Gold Complete Hospital.
  • Extras cover includes Essential Extras (basic), Advantage Extras (mid-level), Esteem Extras (high level), Advantage Pro Extras (high level cover for families), and Ultimate Extras (top extras for singles).
  • You can purchase Ambulance cover separately, or it comes automatically included in all Westfund Extras and Hospital covers.
  • Overseas Visitors cover is specifically designed for people who are on working visas in Australia.

Points of praise

• The policies are described as great value, and are also transparent, with policyholders clear on what benefits they were paying for.
  • Fantastic customer service was a clear highlight of reviewers’ experiences with Westfund Health Insurance. Staff are friendly, caring and attentive. Customers enjoyed speaking with staff. Any issues are sorted out promptly and efficiently.
  • There is a high claim approval rate reported. Reviewers commented that staff are more likely to use their discretion to approve a claim rather than reject it.
CategoryHealth Insurance