Australian Unity Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Australian Unity Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (3)
    • 3+ months (9)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (15)

Laura D.
Laura D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Deceitful

Upon sign up i was covered for the sole purpose i needed coverage for, 3 years later they updated the coverage and removed the coverage for the whole reason i signed up in the first place and did NOT make this transparent. after a recent hospital visit i get the shocking news i was not covered... so, back to Medibank Private for me, they may have been more expensive but at least they covered me and didn't pull the rug from under my feet like these dishonest thieves...very evil business practice. I do NOT recommend this agency and as an ambassador for several disability and healthy ageing groups, i will be letting them know about this and recommending them steer clear of this predatory company.

Terrible Company - Worst Customer Service

They never answer the phone, its impossible to use their online portal. I Can't even cancel my membership because they never pick up the phone.
Stop blaming COVID for crap service, and get your act together

Barb
BarbGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor customer service and too expensive

You definitely do not get the service you pay for, price goes up but the service goes down and don’t even get me started on their new app, worst app ever trying to retrieve a forgotten password is painful and I’m sick of their excuses blaming Covid for wait times on the phone I think the reason of the hold up is so many people calling up with complaints

Darren & Gabby C.
Darren & Gabby C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Service Non Existent

As others have said it was easy to join but when issues with anything customer service is the worse I've seen. I have been trying to log on to our account to see why my daughter cannot claim benefits on our policy I am also trying to submit extras claims online. Have sent multiple e-mails via website with the message of return correspondence but nothing. Have been on phone support twice for around 3-4 hours in total only to be told there is an issue at their end and they will be in touch in a day or so with solution. Again no response. Still manage to take the money from my account without any issues.

Cat F.Australian Unity Health InsuranceSend a private message

No still can’t log into my account. I’ve emailed your customer service last week and still no response. I called yesterday but again unable to help. Surely I’m not the only one with this issue. Regards Darren

Health Insurance

Find out how Australian Unity Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Leanne
LeanneCentral, SA

Beware!

Fran
FranGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer Experience….!

Customer experience is supposed to help customers with issues they’ve experienced with the Health Fund…… Australian Unity does this very poorly and members indirectly get accused of lying…. They have no idea what customer service is…..!

Ariel
ArielSydney, NSW

Hopeless customer service, long wait times, and reduced value for money.

My policy has reduced in value just about every year.
I've been a member for about 15 years. I've had enough now and I'm about to change though. I tried to contact them on the phone and cannot get through. Very frustrating.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Ruth
Ruthmelbourne

Iphone App

new app recently. Hopeless!!! not face enabling. So you need to put in user name, then password, then verification code. Then really had to navigate. I use it mostly for Remaining Claims. Used to be on front page. Now its buried in 3 or 4 steps after front page. Had to call them to find out where it is. Still not clearly presented. Hope they fix it.

Hi Ruth
Thanks for the feedback about our new app, appreciate you taking the time.
Cat

Worst insurance company - DO NOT USE !!!

Cat F.Australian Unity Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Arnold, thanks for providing your feedback and I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating situation. I'll pass on your feedback to our Claims team.
Thanks, Cat

Clare
ClareSydney, NSW

One of my bigger mistakes

I wish I had not joined Australian Unity because if you (or one of your family members) forget their card, it is nigh on impossible to make claims online. You have to re-register your online account - even when you have one - but cannot do that online because emails do not arrive to allow you to do that. You have to sit on a telephone line that is never answered whilst attempting to work to gain access to an account for which you pay handsomely. Anyone would think this fund was avoiding claims.

ColinJ
ColinJRiddells Creek

Not acceptable in this day and age... technology is available

GMa
GMaMelbourne

Useless Service

Fraudulent transaction

Told I am not able to cancel my health insurance until I wait for a call back in 3 to 5 days.Then they withdrew $3400 after I had changed fund

Ash
AshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inadequate consistency of service

THE WORST

Lissie
Lissieasked

I have the very top cover with extras with TUH Queensland my hospital gap is a one of payment a year of $300 when I should need to use it. I'm 77 year old single female with my cover for what someone of my age would have. Would you please tell me what I can expect to pay monthly to have the same cover with your company after the government discount is applied. I will no longer have the loading to pay with TUH after April 2025. Thanking you.

sharon h.
sharon h.asked

My husband had been with you for a very long time, never claimed and now have heard on the news that he could possibly be entitled to receive some money back. Is this true

Cat F.Australian Unity Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Sharon, thanks for the question. Could you please send the link to the news article to me at CustomerExperience@australianunity.com.au so I can look into this and get back to you? Thanks, Cat.

JAX
JAXasked

Please explain! If I have, say 6, identical procedures at the same time on my lower back but in different places (treating chronic nerve damage) why do you only cover the cost of ONE NOT SIX procedures, leaving me $500 + out of pocket? Does that mean - if I break both my legs in the identical position as a result of a (say) car accident, you only pay for the treatment/repair of ONE leg?

Hi Jax
Thanks for the question, I'd like some further details so I can look into this for you. Please reach out to us at customerservice@australianunity.com.au or 13 29 39 so we can follow up.
Cat

See all Australian Unity Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Australian Unity Health Insurance representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance