Airlite

Shoddy unprofessional incompetent company. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Ordered a $5500 Airlite aluminium stacker door.
Was told it would take 5.5 weeks.

They canceled the delivery with less than 24 hours notice. Said it would be a week later.
That left me $1000 out of pocket. (had to pay tradies i had booked)

Doors arrived....the handle is loose and there's a large scratch on one frame that was UNDER the protective plastic.
They said they "investigated" and that it wasn't their fault. Not going to fix it.

When it arrived it also didn't have the glass in the fixed panel....that would take a further 2 weeks to book in. (this was in the pages of quotes and invoices, but who reads that) i get that it was my oversight, but a quick mention of something so important would make sense.

By this time i'm pretty unhappy so i ring the state sales manager, who has never returned that call. I write a letter to the CEO, now they're going to fix the scratch, but he still doesn't bother replying to my letter in any way.

They were due to come and fix the scratch last week, and a day out they called to cancel the service call. They're not ready.

Two days later they come to fix it…..they have the wrong part, they’ll be back next week. Arrrgghhhh.

So we are now at about 11 weeks since we ordered the doors, more than a month after installation, and it’s still not complete.

This is a huge company that sells Airlite, Stegbar, and many many other new build related products. The parent company is called Jeld Wen. If you see this company on a web site you're looking at, run for your life.

Go with a smaller company who cares about it's customers.

UPDATE
We are now more than 3 months after the order.
They have booked and postponed 2 service calls.
3rd one they told us would be in the afternoon, they arrived in the morning with no one home and didn't have the right part...AGAIN, and they added stoppers on the sliding panels without anyone asking or even talking about them and our STACKER DOORS DON'T STACK ANYMORE,
There's an almost 70cm wall of aluminium when the doors are open because the frames are no longer able to line up. Looks terrible.
Now there are 2 holes at the bottom of 2 of the panels where they attached the stoppers, which i can't remove because they are attached with special screws.
this has been an absolute bloody disaster from the start.

Run away.

STAY AWAY.

This is the most unprofessional window fabricator I have ever worked with. Airlite allocates a "sales rep" to each client - ours was one [name removed] who is a compulsive liar and left us in the dark time and again after paying thousands of dollars for what turned out to be faulty & defective windows, and faulty & defective installation.

We chose Airlite for a new build and it's been over 1 year after chasing them every step of the way to deliver our windows and get them installed, there are still defects that have not been rectified including leaking windows during the rain in the middle of winter, that the company has been told about months ago.

Airlite requires payment in full prior to fabrication, we thought because they are a big company and apart of Jeld Wen that they would be professional and honest because they have a reputation to uphold. That is not so, everytime I ring Airlite head office it goes to Stegbar Windows and they tell me we have to talk to our sales rep.

Apparently their complaints handling procedure is to refer you back to your sales rep for any issues, yet the sneaky salesman disappears and doesn't answer any calls, and when he does answer private number calls he's full of excuses and empty promises.

Our windows were delivered with the wrong bracket for install and flanges still on windows, [name removed]'s response was "sorry I cant do anything about it" - we had to pay over $1,200 to sort this out ourselves.

The windows also came with missing beading and faulty locks, which took endless calls and emails to [name removed] which maybe 1 out of 10 time he would answer or respond to. Wasted so much time chasing this up to get it fixed.

They put bifold handles at 2400mm high off the floor, requiring a small step ladder to open them - which is ridiculous.

We were initially told that onsite glazing would be done within a week of delivery of frames - SIX weeks later they were finally put in. [name removed]'s excuse was the glass comes from Melbourne and takes time, if that's the case, why couldn't he have been honest right at the beginning and said so?

We have big section windows that were glazed onsite, whenever there is heavy rain they leak, yet to be rectified and they have been told about this months ago.

Never purchasing through Airlite again. Poor products, poor workmanship & extremely poor customer service.

I am taking this matter further and making an official complaint with Fair Trading to be reimbursed for our faulty windows and all out of pocket expenses incurred by Airlite's defective and faulty products.

Terrible service, awful experience....go elsewhere

Ordered a $5500 Airlite aluminium stacker door.
Was told it would take 5.5 weeks.
Booked tradesmen, organised 2 days off, they canceled the delivery with less than 24 hours notice. Said it would be a week later.
That left me $1000 out of pocket.
They said they "ïnvestigated" and that it wasn't their fault.

They were due to come and fix the scratch today, and yesterday they called to cancel the service call. They're not ready.

So we are now at about 10 weeks since we ordered the doors, about a month after installation, and the handle is still loose and the frame is still scratched.

Go with a smaller company who cares about it's customers.

Quotes took 2 weeks.We had our windows made in the time it took these guys to get a quote together. Pathetic effort.

We are local builders and that's their best effort to get a quote back to us quickly. Found an interstate supplier who quoted same day, and had them to site in the same time I was waiting for the quote. Pricing was the same, they now get all our work. Thanks airlite!

Excellent customer service from Nathan!

I checked out a lot of different reviews before I chose Airlite for my double glazing. The pros are that the double glazing makes a huge amount of difference - acoustically and from an insulation perspective. The windows look good too. There is no question that it is a very worthwhile investment. Nathan does a superb job from order placement to follow up servicing, and clearly he knows the product through and through, plus he has the ability - almost a 6th sense - to figure out what type of window suits both the property and the customer! The service side of Airlite is also efficient and reliable. Where I would say that there is room for improvement is on the hardware side. For single glazing the airlite hardware would be fine, but possibly something a bit bigger and sturdier (the Germans make excellent hardware, for example) is required for double glazing.

Terrible Service

Terrible service from Paul Yeo.. first he told us 50% payment on order confirmation with 50% before delivery. After I paid the 50% deposit, was told "I accidentally sent you the old contract, its now 100% at order confirmation".
Then the drivers were meant to contact us before delivering to make sure someone was home but they didn't. They just showed up.
The products were very roughly finished which Paul claims is normal when working with timber.
One door was damaged by the drivers and we are now chasing Paul to get it fixed. He tried to tell us he would get a quote to repair it which we refused as it was damaged on delivery. Now he can't give us an answer as to when we will get the damaged door fixed, and is ignoring our emails and avoiding our calls. Very poor service.

Much better second time round

After a really disappointing experience at the Brookvale showroom Nathan at their Thornleigh shop came through for us.

Really knowledgable and able to talk us through our options. Without his intervention after trying to ideal with Brookvale we would have taken our business elsewhere.

3 stars - 0 for Brookvale & 4 for Nathan's assistance.

Excellent customer service from Brylie Williams at Brookvale
We are owner building on a complex site with difficult delivery needs over 3 building stages. With $72k worth of doors and windows we needed a great product range and importantly someone proactive and responsive to deal with. From the moment we walked into the Brookvale office Brylie was direct, knowledgeable, patient and able to work through our proposals on the spot. She proposed alternatives, over time we came down to a series of firm quotes and deliveries. These were available ahead of schedule and all delivery issues were quickly ironed out. Brylie always responded rapidly.
The Alumiere range of sliding and stacker doors, large casement and sliding windows are looking great as we put them in.

Darrel,s Helping Hand

Contacted Airlite and spoke With Darrel Smith - He was in the area and was happy to call in and have a look and make some suggestions of the best way forward - Everything worked like clock work - Windows were delivered on Wednesday and installed by Sue and Eric first thing Thursday morning - and Radhika helped me with the final paperwork - could not be happier -- Big Thanks to everyone on the team - Jim

They don't last and no supplier doesn't sell parts

Bought aluminium bifold windows with stainess steel hinges. Stainless shouldn't rust, but these ones did. And broke. Airlite doesn't sell replacement parts or repair unless in warranty. A more professional company would stand by and support their products, not launch and leave.

no spare parts

be careful when buying airlite products, they don't sell spare parts, so if your windows break or damaged you cant repair.

out of touch with customer expectations

Don't bother. I rang and was left on hold forever. Then filled out the "request a quote" form (which attempts to harvest irrelevant information for on-selling to whoever). Got an auto response from a "no-reply" email, which is no response. They don;'t even offer an email address. Forget 'em. When a company shows such disrespect and contempt for new business, it doesn't deserve to win any.

Great service and advice.

The countless questions I had regarding the windows we needed for our new build were answered promptly, honestly and thoroughly by the very proficient Brylie Williams. The service and advice we received were outstanding. We decided to go with the Airlite Aluminium windows range and we are very happy with the quality and they were delivered to us in perfect time.

Excellent service!

We recently undertook a large sized rennovation, and Brylie from Airlite was a superstar. I made so many changes along the way and nothing was a problem - she changed the specs immediately and spoke to my builder when I asked her to. The windows and doors we ordered are also fantastic and do a great job at blocking our the road noise. Highly recommend.

Great product well made windows & door

Hi, Your sales rep at Thornleigh Rod Fernandez is a credit to your company. He knew the product i needed answered all my questions in a very pleasant manner. He is a very professional person to deal with. He also helped me with after sales service on how to fit my aluminium fly screen door. I Will recommend Airlite to friends.

Airlite Brookvale - thanks Brylie!

We are in the process of installing some large Airlite windows and doors sourced through the Brookvale showroom. Thankfully it has been a seamless process working with Brylie. The range, the service and the follow up have all been wonderful. We are so grateful our builder pointed us in the direction of Airlite, rather than some of the more heavily advertised window and door companies.

So easy to deal with

I’ve been dealing with Paul Yeo for well over 10 years now and with Airlite for well over 20 years, there both great to work with, Paul’s understanding of the glass industry, makes everything a breeze.

Efficient and frindly Service

We spend a lot of time looking for doors and windows for our house as it was not a standard size or style.

Brylie at the Brookvale showroom was so helpful with our requests and provided good tips on how to make it work for our needs. Sizes of doors and windows were updated several times without any complaint. We had actually spend some time with a competitor and in the end we moved to Airlite for the quality of service and the feeling like we were important. It was great that we could ask lots of questions without feeling annoying.
thanks so much, our courtyard looks amazing with our large bi fold doors and the bathroom is working a lot better with the new doors and windows.

Excellent service

Luckily I was recommended Airlite as better known Stegbar’s sister company. They were excelllent to deal with from start to finish ...very helpful and recommended a door installer available quickly. All in order they made sure my order was delivered on time. Much better than Stegbar!

Absolute nightmare to deal with

Ordered over 70K worth of windows and doors , 50% have issues, two week wait for service to even come to site to look at the issue, will NEVER recommend or use them again.