A terrific community site

Love how it’s a site that helps others. I jump on and see what little jobs I can do to support the community. Glad I found this site. Thank you team

Rooted by GovGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Airtasker? AirHead, or Airdreams

I posted requests for two jobs, I had two responses, both of which messaged a few times for details, said they would attend to quote, then both effectively disappeared.

It appears I have not submitted the minimum number of words to express my disgust.

Rooted by Gov

I posted this criticism, but I did NOT give myself the title "Rooted by Gov", that appears to have been an unrequested Airtasker addition. P Kersh

Matt Bradley

Matt BradleySydney, NSW

Great platform for all

Enables people to earn a living in ways they may not have been able to before. Excellent app and very easy to use. I plan on using it daily moving forward.

Great platform but expensive

Great platform to find work and communicate with potential clients but the fees of 20% is high, especially as you then get taxed by the government on any earnings as well. Also found it pretty annoying that when a customer chooses to pay you a bit extra for a job well done, Airtasker take 20% of that as well!

Kate R

Kate RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great tools to get local help

I recently started to apply for easy jobs in local areas and it is good that there is a kind of safety net regarding money. it is a great way to hire local

thedgeHunter Region, NSW

No refund and no Reason.

I wanted my townhouse cleaned before I moved in. I put out for the task for $180.00 and got several responses. I choose a tasker and agreed on a date and time. Because it wasn't good timing due to local circumstances out of my control. I tried to arranged a different time but nothing happen. The task was cancelled.Since then no refund, no replies and all messages gone. All I have is a transaction from the bank stating that I paid Airtasker. I am probably not the only one. All I can say is can keep the $180.00 plus $24.00 fee and hope you can sleep at night.

thedge

Thank you for the quick response and I have provided a url link for the task to be refunded.

Shy Monk

Shy MonkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Taxes are a bit exy

If you're new to airtasker as a tasker make sure details regarding clean ups are clarified. Ask for photos and approximate weight. Also details of stairs, rooms, level of cleanliness before start of job.

Sam

SamFar North Queensland, QLD

Very handy

I have only just started to use this app. It is easy to use. Good amount of information and relatively quick payments. Very good way to top up the bank account.

Utube S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Assembly of a garden shed. Booking accepted, no show, yet payment taken.

Post a job on Airtasker for assembly of a garden shed. Booking accepted, and at the appointed time, No show of tradesman. In spite of several chasing, received no response, yet payment is taken. Cannot get a refund from Airtasker. Further insult to injury. The quote was $150, $169 was taken from my account.... BEWARE!! No response whatsoever from Airtasker, I wish the consumer affairs department will take a look at this organization to protect unsuspecting consumers.

Utube S.

For too long, i received no feedback. It would be fair and reasonable to receive a full refund, given that the job wad never done. The next time we need something else done could be many years time.

DO NOT USE - THEY FACILITATE SCAMMERS

V12RRGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware! Never Ever Trust Airtasker!!

Emily G

Emily GPerth, WA

Easy to use and find lots of different work

Good site to find work for someone like myself who is working towards starting my own business one day and being my own boss. Would highly recomend using this app.

New Airtasker

Having been tasking for about a week, I think it's a great idea and easy to use.
I have had a couple of comments removed, obviously due to thin skinned taskers/posters dobbing me in, even though my comments weren't aggressive or insulting.
However I've learnt to keep my thoughts to myself in this environment.
My experience has been 99% positive so far in terms of customers and tasks I've completed.
I'm tipping most reviewers would comment that Airtasker take too much of a taskers earnings, while also taking from posters, i.e. double dipping, and also taking from a bonus that I earnt. (The old triple dip special! Nice. Classic!). I guess that's the way Airtasker operates.
Other than that, it's all good.

Atr

AtrSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would never have used if I knew how hard it was

2 Cancelled Jobs and No refund

Critiques

Critiques Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Wow! Your fees are ouch

As a new user, the fees attached on the tasker compel me to let the poster know your vig. I’m lucky: being upfront has helped yet shocked the poster. Transparency?

THomas S

THomas SSydney

20% charge outrageous

Posted a task for $3000 did not know airtasker would take 20%.
Why would anyone reply to that.
Will not use airtasker again .
That is not trying to help people just exploit people

Lisa

LisaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent Experience

Airtasker was easy to use.. great experience. Both parties were happy with transaction. Website and App are very easy to navigate. Would definitely recommend to both parties involved in the transaction

Grandpa.Ears

Grandpa.Ears

A disaster

Great way to work

My task was to garden including mowing and weeding. Airtasker allowed a relationship to develop through a secure introduction.....Genuine client and work platform. Would highly recommend it. Payment was easy with no complications.

Richard M.asked

I had an AirTasker move a pool table for me. It was damaged in transit and whilst the tasker attempted to fix the table, it's beyond his skill set. I have contacted support and they said I should try and negotiate directly with the tasker (no thanks) or go through their insurance (preferred option). Am I able to simply respond to their email and continue the conversation or do I need to raise a new support ticket each time? AirTasker make it super difficult to contact them with issues.

V12RR

In my experience Airtasker will not help you and will just fob you off. Airtasker cannot and should not be trusted. Their business model is all about making money at the posters and taskers expense and Airtasker take no responsibility if things go wrong.

Richard M.

I filled in an insurance claim form and have not yet paid the poster. Let's see where we go from here. Right now I have a useless slate bed pool table...fingers crossed they do the right thing...

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Richard, it seems that you have been in contact with our support team regarding the matter. If you need further assistance or have questions regarding the matter, feel free to respond to the email thread or send us an email at support.airtasker.com. Thank you!

Jo L.

Jo L.asked

Having issues with a tasker who stopped responding to my request for a payment receipt / tax invoice for a >$5K payment.

I paid within less than 24 hours as she has requested, however, it's been 2 days and she is yet to provide me with an invoice/receipt as promised. She has stopped responding (after I called her out on her poor performance and work attitude).

QUESTION 1: How do I obtain a receipt/invoice from a tasker who stopped responding?

About 30% of the payment was paid outside of Aistaker, as requested by the tradie. I believe she is actively practising this with her Airtasker clients - getting customers from Airtaker, meeting them in person and persuading to pay outside of Airtasker in full or in part. Given her lack of integrity, this is a risk to the Airtasker community as it leaves posters vulnerable to their antics and and poor performance. My experience with her is a PRIME example. LOVE Airtasker, posted many tasks, 100% completion rate and over 90% satisfaction rate, but rarely have I come across a tradie like this one and it's disheartening.

QUESTION 2: How can I ensure this tasker is held accountable for breaching AT payment policy, for not responding to my request for a receipt, for her bad behaviour?

Examples of her bad behaviour/performance:
a) manipulating her way out of doing certain agreed tasks within a project,
b) repeatedly calling in sick at the last minute, causing project to be delayed by 2 weeks, but kept blaming the client for causing the delay
c) ignoring and not performing an agreed task
d) lying about why certain things were not or could not be done
e) leaving the site unfinished before demanding ASAP full payment on the same day
f) would not take accountability for her mistakes and poor performance, blaming the client and the universe for all of her issues.
g) not responding to request for payment receipt after having received the full payment.
h) persuading all her airtasker clients to pay outside of airtasker.
... the list goes on.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Jo, we are truly sorry to hear about your experience with the Tasker you have assigned. Airtasker has a specialised team who can help you with this type of concern. Kindly send us an email at support.airtasker.com and our support team would be happy to provide the best resolution available. Thank you.

Mark L.asked

Airtasker my name is Mark L. On airtasker being following all the rules. Understand everything about off topic comments and not sharing info. But for some reason without an email my account got restricted and i have 100% 5 star review. Please help its a source of income during hard times. Mark L

Mark L.

I even emailed support no response. Please airtasker help an honest Aussie

Amelia D
Amelia D

Hi Mark
Maybe you revealed your contact number within one of your posts ?Try sending a message through to admin/help to query the deletion?

Mark L.

Amelia I never do that its against airtasker rules. I know that business names nunbers etc are against rules. Like i said i follow and respect airtasker and rules

Get an answer from our members and Airtasker representatives

Other Trades Comparison Websites