4.4 from 9,581 reviews

• User Type
    • I posted a job (790)
    • I did work for someone (479)
    • I only browsed the website / app (127)

Consumer Photos & Videos

Janette K

Janette KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

Easy process to join and seek jobs. I would recommend to friends. It would be nice to see new jobs and highlight the ones that interest you and then come back and apply afterwards.

Aaron F.

Aaron F.South West, WA

Not bad fees suck

Not bad but not great as Airtasker scab a fair percentage, better off just doing jobs advertised on local buy swap sell type of Facebook pages and Facebook labour hire groups

Randolph

RandolphHobart, TAS

Excellent app to earn extra income.

The app is easy to use and navigate. The community and environment is also safe to make transaction. Excellent app to earn extra income and or look for specific someone to do a job I need to accomplish.

Dave S.

Dave S.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Payment

Payment could be faster. But work was really good and client was great good to deal with. The whole process from start to finish was really easy to navigate and organise

Awesome Business Boost.

Airtasker is a great way to improve and get extra work plus promote your business to more people. I don't have a my complaints as of yet. Great job well done.

Ana

Ana

Pleased

A reliable platform that pay mutual respect and is quick in make payment assuring to taskers like me peace of mind and a willingness to keep searching for new tasks.

Ricci

RicciSydney, NSW

Deceptive platform avoid!

You post a simple task and you get ridiculous "get rich" offers...then the ones that do offer to do the task send you a request for money. because they "miscalculated" the distance, once you accept the task the money is taken out of your account. You then have to argue with the person to cancel the task because you refuse to be bribed out of more money and have to wait for the refund to offer the task to a very very limited genuine person who wants the task (job) avoid avoid avoid!!

Mel B

Mel BSydney, NSW

Great for finding small jobs, but they take way too big of a cut.

Easy to use, if you're quick and have skills you can easily get jobs. However they take 20% of the money which is way too much. It means you need to lower your price as an extra 20% is too much for a customer to pay, and often to get jobs you'll need to work under the minimum wage.

Good. Easy to use

This is a Transparent and fair app in my opinion. Good app and lets you know who is reliable and who is not. Easy to filter and get work. No issues

Jeremy W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Scam_Fraud_They Are Going Out Of Business_They Refuse To Refund You Money You Place In Trust With Them

I have had several jobs placed with them which were fine. Now they refuse to refund me $600 I placed in their account for work I was thinking of getting done but never got done.
I decided not to choose any tasker. It has been over 3 weeks and they refuse to refund me the money they owe, and they do not return emails.
No replies to emails or support.

Hi there
Nothing has been received after I email you every day for an update

This is getting urgent and there’s not even an idea of when the next step will be

Jay

JayCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

It’s handy but cost a lot and difficult to quote

While this site is handy to use its quite difficult to quote on concrete or paving for me, because I need to see the job site to perform the quote properly and it’s hard while not being able to swap information, and if I do quote the fees and charges are ridiculous and I have to over quote and they won’t like take it they go off market price which is a lot less then what I have to quote to be able to make any money

Sarah A.

Sarah A.South East Queensland, QLD

Airtasker: providing supplementary income

Finding tasks what are “up my alley” utilising my skills and experience give opportunity to earn a few extra $ to help my family. I can perform the tasks after hours at times that suit.

The payment process is easy and reliable.

Fox F.

Fox F.South East Queensland, QLD

They take 20% for doing nothing, gumtree do it for free.

As an experienced job seeker ive wanted to apply for many tasks on airtasker but 20% fee always puts me off. Gumtree's free. Poor choice to do to people having to do odd jobs to make a living.

User TypeI only browsed the website / app

Elizabeth

ElizabethSydney, NSW

Second time no good

Happy with Matties work, will have Mattie back next time trees need trimminh
Second time he came
He skipped away without doing the job.
I wouldnt have him come back and do any more jobs for me. Im a disabled pensioner

Sharon

SharonSydney, NSW

Arrogant and not qualified

I had a job done to have a 2 door pantry and a wardrobe I got someone to do it. He put the pantry together good but the wardrobe was a disgrace, the man told me I had an extra piece I at there looking at the wardrobe pondering whether this was right and no it’s not right this piece was to hang my clothes on. This guy was so arrogant and refused to put it on. Never again will I use Airtasker. Je was obviously unqualified and I refuse to give him the money.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Easy way to get job and earn money.

Love to meet new people and able to help them through the task they’ve posted. You also can choose the job fit your skill and its paid. But the fee is bit high.

Rose

RoseSydney, NSW

Great concept, app and operations need improving.

raju singh

raju singhSydney, NSW

payment

there is a payment which i did not received i don’t know why you guys do that i am waiting for the payment from last 2 weeks i dont think i will do work again with airtasker

slattery

slatterySydney Surrounds, NSW

Beware of taskers that game the system

My one and only use of Airtasker wasn't good. Arranged for removal of furniture and when tasker turned up they requested almost double the original quote also Tasker said they wouldn't complete task if payment was made via airtasker system demanded payment in cash. As there was a time constraint we had no alternative but to agree to these requests. Consequently unable to post a review because task was "unofficial". I suspect that the tasker was aware that we were unfamiliar with the Airtasker system and they knew how to game the system. I think that Airtasker probably works quite well in the majority of transactions but my experience has been unsatisfactory.

Dan C.

Dan C.South East Queensland, QLD

Downright dangerous!

As a registered electrical contractor I find it disgraceful the amount of people with no qualifications that are bidding for electrical work. I find the fee from AIRTASKER very high.

Boris Yasminskyasked

Hi Airtasker. I have to agree with Brendan j about the transparency of fees. As Brendan j states, the fees payable by the person seeking a tasker are not once spelt out before the final click to assign the job. This is very misleading and I'm sure it leads to some disputes amongst the two parties. If I assign a job that has been quoted @ $220, that's what I should pay, and not find my credit card has been deducted around $240. You are not playing the game fairly Airtasker !.

nissacow
nissacow

Yup, in all they now deduct 33% of monies paid for ANY task. That's why soo many Taskers now put in minimum $5 and pay in cash. Given how ARBITRARY Airtasker is in enforcing its guidelines MOST habitual offenders get away with it.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Boris, we have introduced a booking fee which is a small amount charged to Posters when they assign their task. It allows us to spread costs across the marketplace to make way for beneficial features. It also helps us grow on big projects and aims to lower fees within the marketplace.

The booking fee will appear at the Payments page when you accept an offer and assign the task. This includes a breakdown of the task and the booking fee.

You can learn more about the booking fee in this help centre article: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/360031769372-What-is-the-booking-fee-

Boris Yasminsky

Thanks for the reply, however as I said previously, you are not playing the game fairly.

Kim

Kimasked

Hi Airtasker
I was assigned a job today.. clean 'wreckage' after kids had party.
on arrival the clean up had mostly been done. no real wreckage.
Their mum flew home from her holiday. My services were not really needed.
The poster has offered me part payment.. however i feel for her. if i suggest she cancels the task will it effect my rating?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Kim, thanks for your query. Generally, if a user submits a task cancellation request, the other party will be notified to confirm the cancellation. At that point, the other party will have the opportunity to agree or disagree with the task cancellation reason, and both will be given the opportunity to provide their perspective on the cancellation. The cancellation will be attributed by the system accordingly based on the reasons provided by both parties.

You just have to make sure that the reason for the cancellation is correct and there is clear documentation for the cancellation in Airtasker private messages between yourself and the other user. If you believe a cancellation should not be marked against you, please send us an email via support.airtasker.com so our dedicated support team can review.

Svetlana P.asked

Why do you refuse to provide any proofs and evidences where I breached your rules?
I need evidences and proofs from you. Do you understand, Airtasker?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi, Svetlana. We take trust and integrity in the marketplace very seriously. Users who are found to be in breach of the community guidelines may have their accounts restricted. If you have further queries regarding the status of your account, you may get back in touch with our support team via support.airtasker.com.

Dear Airtasker,
I am Svetlana P. on your site. You restricted my account without providing any proofs and evidences of breaching your rules by me. Your Support Team refused to contact me and to provide any evidences. [Name Removed] from Airtasker Support Team restricted my account and refused to contact me and provide any evidences. This attitude is very rude and unprofessional. If you are taking everything very seriously you must let me use my account on Airtasker and bring your apologies to me for the restriction of my account without any proofs and evidences where I breached the community guidelines.

Eric T
Eric T

Absolute misuse of power.
Airtasker lacks transparency, logic and understanding.
There support staff is in Philippines & they don't understand how Australian laws work. They love to threaten restrictions & make u work like a dog to rack in there astronomical commission 22%. It's just plain greed!

I'm consulting legal representation against airtasker. If anyone else like to support my quest, please let me know...

Airtasker shouldn't be allowed to misuse their powers & get away with this...

Get an answer from our members and Airtasker representatives