4.5 from 9,411 reviews

1,825

frankatkincumber

frankatkincumberkincumber

Good System

Seems to work effectively. Downside is that the cost is high. Making arrangements and quotes is pretty straightforward as is payment and receipts ..... but the amount airtasker witholds si steep.

Way too expensive

Fees needs to be lowered. Esp for simple tasks. Too expensive. I like the idea, just not the fees. Maybe have something like your first 3 tasks will be free of fees and from there something small.

Good site

This has been of great help in finding casual jobs. The site is trustworthy and reliable. An application would be easier to use though. All in all, thank you and great job.

Judy

JudySydney, NSW

Expensive

Airtasker take 25% cut from the tradies wages. Now they are charging a booking fee on top. Before long they will be taking 50% as the fees just go up and up and up and up.....

User TypeI posted a job

It's a great idea, posting and doing jobs etc.

I like how you can post and accept jobs,
it's a good system. Just don't like the fee structure, Airtasker charges way too much. They also have a tiered structure, more you work, less fees but it's calculated from past 30 days only etc. Anyway they charge way too much, they should lower the fees and make it fair. Accept a job for 500, you get just under 400.... Ouch.

w8knb8k87

w8knb8k87Wanniassa 2903, ACT

Awesome app. Im all ways making money

Absolutely the best thing I have downloaded im always making money although 20% + gst of all jobs is a little steep.
Always making new connections and friendships.
The harder you work the more money in your pocket.

Jake L.

Jake L.South East Queensland, QLD

Very easy to use! Lots of adds in my area!

Many different tasks to complete. Not hard at all to find something you are comfortable doing. Whole heartedly reccomend to anyone wanting to earn extra cash. Super simple to use.

brett

brettSouth East Queensland, QLD

PERFECT great business starter

I use airtasker all thr time right from my very first task i was happy As i wanted to work and airtasker gave me all the work i needed! payment was swift and hassle free

warwick heathcote

warwick heathcoteSouth East Queensland, QLD

No SEND button

I recently used Airtasker for the first time and everything was listed correctly and I received several quotes. however when I want to send private chats to my selected Tasker, there is no SEND button in either the general conversation area or in the Private Message section. This is extremely frustrating as my first job is scheduled for tomorrow and I have no way to reply to my Tasker's question. Why doesn't the SEND button appear in the communication box?

Commission

I believe airtasker has made things very difficult for the average person with the increased commission. I just believe it is greedy and that is why I have hardly used Airtasker since the increase

Darryle Bennett
Darryle Bennett

All gobbledee gook. Rate is too high

John C

John CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

As an application for people to reach out and get simple or hard tasks done believe it is great. Especially for the elderly that may have trouble with some of the more simple tasks. Only negative is that a large number of jobs are understated. Does everyone re negotiate when this occurs ?

Liam B

Liam BDarling Downs, QLD

Hard to make money and poor customer service

The rates and levels of worker like bronze silver and gold are a useless system. It makes it near impossible for new members to get assigned jobs as gold members with heaps of reviews use that to up you.

Mel

Mel

App needs fixing, very time consuming.

The app isn’t that great, takes too much time scrolling, then you find a job you want to look at then when you press the back button it takes right back to the start of jobs so you have to scroll all the way down again, And you can’t find the jobs your following or have commented on. Takes too much time. And 20% is a bit of a joke.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Mel, we really appreciate your feedback. We'd love to hear more about how we can improve our features for you. Please send an email to support@airtasker.com.

Hmm

HmmSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not bad but not great either.

"KYC"

KYC, (know your customers) this is rich coming from AT. They don't know their customers, the Taskers that actually make it happen.They have ruined my business.(logistics). They have scammed people
Which comes back to the Taskers as their fault or problem.Don't use the app!

User TypeI did work for someone

Simple to use and totally worth trying out

I love using air tasker to find jobs that suit my criteria, it's easy to use so even the most technologyically defunct person could use it and it keeps track of your payment history to make it easy at tax time.

Kinzang

KinzangPerth, WA

Really a pleasant to work under airtasker.

This is perfect if u r looking forward for a work to do. you ll never regret for choosing airtasker if u r seeking for a work during ur free time

MatthewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Scam of a company

Paid $240 for lawns to be mown and weeded as I was moving houses. Get home after he was paid (took photos of some areas he actually did the work)
And to find he didn’t finish the job. Airtasker said they will chase this up, I messaged them over a week ago and still no response. I’ll be taking out legal action forwards them. No phone number, what a joke of a company. Not the first time either, I’ve been scammed by a ruler using this service before

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Matthew, we're sorry to hear this has been your experience. Please send an email to support@airtasker.com so we can look into this further.

Unimpressed

UnimpressedSouth East Queensland, QLD

A lot of wasted time & Expensive for Taskers

I find there are a lot of posters with unrealistic set pricing and when you request information from you they don't reply. Also the 20% Airtasker service fee makes it very difficult to make a profit on the job. It would be a lot easier if the tasks were listed in categories (Plumbing, Carpentry, Websites, etc), it takes a lot of time scrolling through the list of tasks only to find none relate to your skill set.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Great idea but needs refinements

Love the concept but the app needs more refining. Would like the option to unfollow posts and requires a better filter on the browse section please. We love Airtasker, but it can be frustrating weeding out irrelevant tasks. Also would like more moderation around people trying to post jobs that are directed as offering themselves as a service. Love the badge/merit system and like the ability to build a reliable profile by adding photos of completed jobs.

Red Caboose

Red Cabooseasked

Hi There

I posted a task for $60 to hang a mirror. I accepted the offer and Airtasker too the funds from my account immediately. The person did not show up or reply to messages.

It seems unfair that I now have to wait for 2 business days for the person to accept my cancellation request and then up to 7 business days for the funds to get back into my account. I don't think I'll be pre-paying for a service through air tasker again knowing that my funds can be tied u for 2 weeks due to a no show.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, we're sorry to hear the Tasker you assigned didn't show up. When a payment return is processed for a cancelled task, the funds are immediately released from Airtasker. Our payments are processed by a secure third party called Stripe and due to processing times between Stripe and your bank, the payment may take 3-5 business days to arrive in your nominated account.

You can learn more about the payment return process in this help centre article: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/221269248-How-long-will-my-refund-take-

Sonaasked

I posted my address and it was deleted. How do i communicate with the Person. Is it that i have to accept and only then can communicate privately.

Nik Vukoja
Nik Vukoja

Yes, you have to accept /be accepted and only then can you share personal info like email, phone, address.

Sona

After i meet the person and im not happy with his quote.Can i cancel him .will i be charged for it.Can i click accept for 2 persons quote and decide.Im totally confused now.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Sona, Airtasker does not allow you to share private contact details in any public areas of the site, in order to protect your safety and security and to prevent spam. Once you have assigned a Tasker to your task, you will be able to provide your address and contact details through Airtasker Private Messages.

We have put together some tips to help you choose the right Tasker for your task: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/200956050-How-do-I-choose-the-right-Tasker-for-my-task-

j94us2000

j94us2000asked

Discrepancies in Airtasker reviews. Upon close examination of all the 5 star reviews left for my (soon to be) cleaner I discovered some of them for a different person or names and some for interstate or country jobs. Are some people gaining the system?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. If you noticed another user has different names in their reviews, they may have other people helping them with tasks.

When you assign someone to your task, it should be that person who does your task. Your assigned Tasker can bring a helper or send someone else on their behalf, but only if you agree to it and they should ask you about this beforehand.

You can learn more about this through this link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/224996728-What-is-subcontracting

Get an answer from our members and Airtasker representatives

CategoryTrades Comparison Websites