SolarQuotes

4.3

Jay

JayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome.

Wealth of detailed info. Great help for making informed decisions. Love the 3 quote system. I do not hesitate to recommend to friends and family. I wish my parents knew of this site 4 years ago when they went solar.

Jonathon W.Solar Quotes

Thanks for your kind recommendation and review! We're glad you liked our service :)

Edward Owens

Edward OwensGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible Dutch Auction site

Over 600 solar companies have gone broke in the last 7 years and its portals like solar quotes leaving homeowners with dud systems with no contact after the systems stop working as the company no exists. Recommending any company that will pay referral fees and leads is a great business model for Finn Peacock but not for consumers.

Merv

MervWheatbelt, WA

Solar Quotes - Must have as a starting point.

Jonathon W.Solar Quotes

We're glad you liked our service so much! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review :)

DWRSydney, NSW

The second time around

get lots of quotes!

social media is bombarding me with solar systems for 6kw units for around $3000, and less.
I didnt even have a quote before the first installer told me there would be a $7000 install fee.

Cassandra G.

Cassandra G.South East Queensland, QLD

JNT Electrical. Best value for money on the Gold Coast. Highly recommend.

Paul Y.

Paul Y.South East Queensland, QLD

Great resource for those considering investing in solar

As someone on the edge of solar viability I found the SolarQuotes website and the team a very useful resource for understanding the current situation regarding solar and how it applied to me. I received the three quotes organised by them very quickly and was further assisted with my decision by some specific advice from the team.
I'm going ahead with the installation far more confident with my decision than I otherwise would have been.

Jonathon W.Solar Quotes

Great to hear! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review :)

Top Product Reviews

This is a great platform in helping me make an informed decision about what I was actually looking at in regards to purchasing a good quality systems for my home.

Jonathon W.Solar Quotes

We're glad you found our website useful - thanks for leaving a review!

Ivie

IvieMelbourne

Best place to start for solar installation

This is an excellent platform to develop your education and research about solar systems for your home. 4 years ago I wanted to install a solar system but the inconsistent information and high cost were too overwhelming and I bedded the idea. Solarquotes has not only been a reliable source of information, the knowledge I gained has also empowered me to make a decision that I'm confident of. There's also the added assurance of getting quotes promptly from companies that have a proven track record and have been vetted. I highly recommend Solarquotes as the first place to start. I have installed a system with Smart Energy Answers - 15x 350 LG panels & Solaredge 5KW Inverter - best decision in 2019!

Jonathon W.Solar Quotes

Hi Ivie - thanks so much for your kind recommendation and review!

Find out how SolarQuotes compares to other Comparison Websites

Finn and the team at Solar Quotes were helpful, convincing me to go ahead in doing something I've always wanted to do - go solar!
They made a difficult decision easy, after providing the names of 3 companies, and been provided with 3 quotes, I made my choice.

Jonathon W.Solar Quotes

Hi Rex - great to hear. We hope your new system brings you many years of low bills :)

tworowls

tworowlsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very helpful in weeding out shonky operators.

I asked for two quotes and only got a response from one. This is still on going.
Solar Quotes is a great idea and they offered follow up but some businesses really shouldn't be in business.

Hi tworowls,

Thanks for your feedback and review. If you need any further recommendations, please email me at jonathon@solarquotes.com.au

Dave

DaveMid West, WA

Efficient and easy process

Pleasantly surprised at the quick response at getting the quotes to have some solar panels installed.
Contacted by the installers within a couple of days and all in all a good experience.

Jonathon W.Solar Quotes

Great to hear - thanks for leaving a review.

Rose

RoseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

excellent information - even for the 'dummy'

Sparks

Sparks

Need to check reviews on recommended companys

I used your company to find captain green who installed a solar system. You should warn people captain green use sub contractors. They also do not return phone calls or emails once they have been paid in full. All you have to do is look at their reviews, but you keep on recommending them. So like me other people keep having a nightmare dealing with them.

Sid

Sid

100% trustworthy and knowledge

I started my research on solar kits with SolarQuotes which was the best start. 3 Quotes were promptly received and ended up going with one of them. Finn knows what he is talking and shares the best unbaised knowledge first hand! 100% factual information explained in lay man terms for any one to understand everything about solar without any background information. I am totally satisfied with their suggested installer. I would strongly recommend SolarQuotes to be your starting point for Solar Research. You would be saved from the dodgy ones in the market.

Greg

GregGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Genuine and honest

A go to site for information on Solar PV installation, to the point, extensive and factual, uncomplicated enough for the lay person to understand. So glad I found this site.

Victor Smith

Victor SmithGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Comprehensive and unbiased information and opinion

I've used SolarQuotes' service of obtaining 3 quotes and have been entirely satisfied with their suggested installer who completed the installation efficiently. I would strongly recommend SolarQuotes to anyone considering putting up solar panels on their roof and to browse their blog site to obtain unbiased information on anything solar. Thank you SolarQuotes. I deeply appreciate your services in the area of solar, to the community.

A Muldoon

A MuldoonHunter Region, NSW

A must for anyone considering going solar

Unbiased & Genuine

I received quotes from different companies. My family and I really got along well with the Solargain guys in Hervey Bay and they answered all my questions. The guys that did the installation were friendly and showed me how to monitor my inverter and were knowledgeable as well.

I'm happy I found Solarquotes, I'd definitely recommend the site to everyone. Great site Finn Peacock!

LPA

LPA asked

Hi Finn
I have just sent you a request for 3 solar quotes. But I have a question about two particular inverters that I have been researching. What is the failure rate of Sungrow inverters versus Fronius. What is the aftersales service of both companies.
We live in a coastal environment where rust and corrosion is a big problem. What would be your advice regarding solar panels, racking systems, and inverters with regards to the high salt areas.
Louis Anderson.

Hi Louis,

I don't have access to any hard numbers to answer your question (manufacturers keep them pretty close to their chest!) - but I can say that both have very good reputations for low failure rates. Both also have very good reputations for after-sales service in case there is an issue and your original installer is no longer around to assist.

In terms of solar panels in coastal areas - the main thing is that they are "IEC 61701" rated - ideally level 6. See here: https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/salt-mist/

DWR

I can't really comment about rhe coastal issue. As far as inverters are concerned, my first inverter was a Sharp which lasted 10 years. I replaced it last year with a Fronius, because I have had a Fronius inverter for 5 years on my second solar system and it has been faultless and much more "intelligent " than the earlier Sharp.

Kenneth Brackeen

Kenneth Brackeenasked

How do I get some quotes from different solar power installers ?

Hi Kenneth - just fill in our form here: https://www.solarquotes.com.au/quote/

Allen R.

Allen R.asked

Hi - we are in the process of getting quotes for a system ( 5Kw to 6.6Kw) Our home has shading issues due to our neighbours trees & are unable currently to get assistance to trim or dispose of. We have quotes for string systems with standard wall inverters / Optimiser & also Mirco Inverter systems . During winter of course days shorter and sun lower , along with shade issues, our mission has become more involved and perhaps our quotes are not exactly looking at the environment nor our wishes to achieve a better than good result from our investment. I see the benefit of Optimizer / Mirco Inverters in our situation however there seems to be varying opinions on the Pro’s & Cons of these 2 components - Voltage Blocking / Failure Rates etc .. we would appreciate if we could receive feedback & recommendations from users who have installed in similar environments.. thanking you

Hi Allen,

For our general overview of microinverters vs optimisers - see here: https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/solar-panel-optimisation/

In terms of your specific situation - what you want is a "SunEye" analysis carried out: https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/how-to-be-sure-that-shading-wont-kill-your-solar-power-systems-output/ to determine how much the shading will affect output at different times of the year.

We also have a more recent article addressing your issue here: https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/solar-panels-trees-shade/

Get an answer from our members and Solar Quotes representatives