See the Best Clothes Dryers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Saving $ on drying clothes

A heat pump dryer removes the water but uses evaporation not heat to dry so your clothes don't shrink. Heat pumps saves money on energy costs. Because a heat pump only uses electricity for power rather than for the generation of heat, it offers a remarkably high efficiency rate uses so much less electricity to dry clothes.
Features of the heat pump dryer easy to use.
The clothes come out so soft.

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for $579.00.

Stopped working

Worked well for 18 months before stopping working altogether, for no apparent reason.

Got a refund with 36 month warranty. It was a bit of a task to get it though. It's made me a bit wary of Aldi appliances.

Purchased at ALDI for $200.00.

Recommend this dryer.

I got this dryer as a house warming present. I use this dryer for small items such as socks and knickers during winter. One hour on heat and they are all dry.This dryer also sense's moisture somehow in the clothes and if not completely dry it will switch it's self on until no moisture is detected. It is a 31/2 star only but i am very happy with this item and pretty quiet when in use. Fantastic lindt guard and very easy to clean out. I don't dry clothes in a dryer but i do also dry tea towels. Would recommend this for anyone that has kids and needs quick items dried.

Purchased in October 2018 at ALDI.

Noise Level

Awesome great for wet winters

Handles all heavy items even king size Donna. Has many settings, one off the best is the no ironing setting time saver.It is super quite and gentle on delicate. Recommended

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI.

Noise Level

Aldi Stirling Dryer Still Alive!

Not bad for the price in general.
~Use the dryer with all types of clothes especially winter clothing when we use the machine often. It dries most of the clothes with the given setting.
~Different settings obviously give you different result in terms of generally mixed clothes drying.
~ It is gentle enough but not when it comes to some wool clothes and socks that it becomes smaller from its normal size when you never use dryer before. I guess, it is a matter of balancing the temperature and knowing which type of wool fabrics that go smaller than its normal size.
~The only problem is the filter exhaust filter cloth that came with it that it doesn't last long even if you maintain cleaning it with a vacuum cleaner. It tends to crinkle after 3 years at the very least before replacing it with a new one.

Purchased in June 2016 for $315.00.

Noise Level

perfect, can't leave without it.

yes, I use wet clothes, and dry them, it is quick as a flash, it is very good to use it, it's value for money. it's better than before.. i like more and more to use it.

Purchased in April 2018 for $650.00.

Noise Level

This ALDI Stirling 7kg is perfect for the whole family!!!

School and work uniform come out wrinkle free. Perfect for all your sports clothes as it dries quickly. Different modes for your gentles and towels. Nice and quiet which is great for the family home.

Great product

Great dryer.
I use my dryer every day as with teenagers laundry never stop.
This dryer is easy to operate, with a secure child lock. 4 Drying programs to ensure you can get the dry you are after. I love that it has Overheating protection to give me peace of hart, with front venting it is also easy to clean.

i love it. my clothes dry in half the time than any other dryer. very happy .

i put in all types of clothing. and doona covers and sheets. the controls work well easy to understand.

it heats well and its easy to operate. i am very happy with it.

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI.

Aldi heat pump Clothes dryer

I recently purchased the Stirling 7 kg heat pump clothes dryer from Aldi. We have 5 adults in the house and a number of tradies, lots of clothes being washed. The dryer is performing really well, the clothes dry quickly and don't come out wrinkled. great machine good price =great value

Purchased in June 2019.

Perfect love this dryer

Love this heat pump dryer there is no condensation. Has a hose that can go directly to the laundry sink or collect water in a large size draw to put on your plants etc.Has a 6 star rating so is using far less power and that is a saving we all want to make . Great range of drying cycles for all clothes types it is also Is very gentle on clothes. Towels are so fluffy.I would recommend this dryer to everyone it would be fantastic for people in units.The value for money is amazing at under $600 it is better value than top of the range heat pump dryers that can cost three times the price . I also love the fact that it has a three year in house Guarantee. Most dryers only carry a twelve month warranty unless you pay for a extended warranty.

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for $525.00.

Noise Level

Dripping water same as others

We purchased 'stirling tumble dryer' 2017.
We have purchased many many Aldi products since they have been in W.A , without issue,other than 'change of mind', and returned within 60 day period.
We only used the 'tumble dryer apx 20 times over 2 yrs, other than a few weeks ago, it was wet & windy, so I decided to put clothes straight from machine into dryer, prior when we had used it was from washing line to just finish drying.
I noted some water had dripped, onto my machine, but thought nothing of it, until the next week, it was literally 'dripping out fast all around base'.Upon contacting stirling, it was a major concern,I have never ever experienced this, it was frightening, as electrical, I was advised they would send 'technician'.The technician came & showed us, at the back inside the 'cabinet', is a 'plastic grill/vent',when he pulled it out it was clogged with 'lint'.We had no way of knowing this,unlike the filters at front & inside, which we can keep free from lint.It has like a 'cage' effect attached and it prevents the lint from totally escaping after a period of time, it sort of 'catches lint' and therefore builds up'.
This in turn does not allow good airflow through 'vent' ,thus the 'dripping water'.He removed it, as it is inside cabinet, it is advised not to 'remove', panels, as it 'null & voids' warranty,in our opinion,we therefore believe this is a 'design fault',and should be addressed.As others have had same/similar issue,its like 'plastic grill' 'catches tiny bits of lint and builds up',but consumer has no knowledge of this inside the cabinet.
We had Simpson dryer for apx 20yrs & still going, just, decided to 'update'.
Dryer appears to be working far better now, no 'dripping' at the moment,just be aware this may also be cause of 'others' with same issue.
'pro's: looks nice, non iron feature,
cons : sheets get tangled, takes 'twice' as long to dry than my other dryer,
vent/grill/ at back inside needs addressing, as it clogs with lint

Purchased in June 2017.

Great value, great product

I was not sure it was a good idea to buy this but we had great service on our rather precious inferior Stirling vented dryer ( but at just over $250 what do you expect) but this dryer has far exceeded my expectations. It doesn’t tumble reverse except on anti crease cycle but nor to sheets get into a tangle or roll - just dried a whole load of sheets and doona covers and not a tangle or wet spot . I have also heard heat pump dryers can leave clothes damp - not this one unless you ask it to.
I am very happy

Purchased in July 2019 for $579.00.

Does the job

We bought this dryer for wet weather and it is adequate. It does the job! I find the dry time is quite long, but is acceptable for those occasions where we get caught out. It does generate a lot of external heat and should be used in a well ventilated area.

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for $249.00.

Noise Level

A great little performer for the price

At $249 I didn’t expect my Aldi Stirling 7kg dryer to be fantastic, but it is, And I love it, and it quietly did 2 small loads of thick Aldi towels and jeans in under an hour and the lot was done and put away.
Aaahhh, thanks Aldi
Now I don’t have to go to seedy unkept laundromats anymore.
Read the instructions and don’t overfill it with sopping wet things (never do that to any dryer) and clean the filter after EVERY load and it should last for years past the 3 year warranty. Worth it.

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for $249.00.

Absolute waste of money

Stopped working after 2 years. Mind you it took forever to dry anything prior to it dying. Waste of money. Avoid at all costs, do not waste your money on this rubbish machine

Purchased in May 2017 at ALDI.

Good for the price

The dryer is overall not that great but good for occasional use, doesn't really do the great job.
you get what you pay for compared to other big brands the it does the job for 2-3 people.

Purchased in June 2018 for $179.00.

this is good

The product really works well on my skin! Absolutely love it! It does make your glow instantaneously and does whiten over time! Definitely recommend it and would buy again soon

Purchased in May 2019.

You get what you pay for

We bought the dryer from Aldi 5 years ago, although it has been 5 years, the fact that how fast the machine deteorite against how rarely we use it seems to be quite unbalanced. The inner filter started to fall off after only a few times of using, seems like the plastic nob wore off much too quickly. I put up with it because there's too much trouble taking the whole thing down off the wall and back to Aldi. However, this month, it stopped working. It is not uncommon that white goods goes dead after 5 years of usage, however I need to reiterate that I seriously rarely use the dryer, the total times annually the dryer been put to use is less than a dozen. Considering this facts, it might be fair to say that the quality of Sterling 6kg Dryer is not that satisfactory.

Purchased in June 2014 at ALDI for $329.00.

Noise Level

The drum came loose, screws strippef

As above, nothing much else to say, really, rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhunarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb

Date PurchasedJul 2016

What is the machine's weight?
Around 15 to 20kg rays lift for one person

Is the circular "felt" part of the filter made of asbestos?
I have no idea, I never thought of that. I think I already threw it away and change it to a new one I customised.How did you customise it?

I have purchased one of these dryers and it won’t work it turns on but won’t tumble dry something is wrong please call me on 0434711138

ALDI Stirling 6.5kg GYJ70-78F3E (Jun 2015, Jun 2016, Jun 2017)ALDI Stirling 4.5kg GYJ45-68 (May 2015, May 2016, Apr 2017)ALDI Stirling 6kg (Apr 2010, Apr 2011, Apr 2012, Jun 2014)ALDI Stirling 7kg MDR70-VR031 (Jun 2018)ALDI Stirling 7kg SVDM70 (Jul 2019)ALDI Stirling 5kg (May 2007, Apr 2008, Apr 2009)ALDI Stirling 7kg STR-CD8C (Jul 2018)ALDI Stirling 7kg SHPD7 (Jul 2019)ALDI Stirling 4.5kg STR-CD45 (Apr 2018)ALDI Stirling 4.5kg SVDE45W (Apr 2019)
CategoryClothes Dryers and Vented Clothes DryersClothes Dryers and Heat Pump Clothes DryersClothes Dryers and Condenser Clothes DryersClothes Dryers and Vented Clothes DryersClothes Dryers and Vented Clothes DryersClothes Dryers and Vented Clothes DryersClothes Dryers and Condenser Clothes DryersClothes Dryers and Heat Pump Clothes DryersClothes Dryers and Vented Clothes DryersClothes Dryers and Vented Clothes Dryers
Price (RRP) $269$199$229$269$249$299$399$599$199$199
Capacity6.5 kg4.5 kg6 kg7 kg7 kg5 kg7 kg7 kg4.5 kg4.5 kg
Energy Rating2 star(s)2.5 star(s)2 star(s)2 star(s)2 star(s)2 star(s)2 star(s)6 star(s)2.5 star(s)2 star(s)
Energy Consumption287 kWh per year186 kWh per year265 kWh per year311 kWh per year315 kWh per year225 kWh per year314 kWh per year160 kWh per year186 kWh per year202 kWh per year
FeaturesChild-Safety LockChild-Safety Lock, Lint Filter and Wall MountableChild-Safety Lock, Lint Filter and Wall MountableChild-Safety Lock and Lint FilterWall MountableChild-Safety Lock and Lint FilterAuto-Sensing, Child-Safety Lock and Lint FilterChild-Safety Lock and Wall MountableWall Mountable
Door Hinge Left Left Left Left RightRightLeft Left
Colour / Finish WhiteWhiteWhiteWhiteWhiteWhiteWhiteWhiteWhiteWhite
Dimensions 820 x 600 x 565 mm700 x 600 x 435 mm840 x 595 x 545 mm840 x 595 x 555 mm850 x 600 x 565 mm850 x 600 x 615 mm845 x 595 x 622 mm672 x 595 x 447 mm700 x 600 x 465 mm
Drying Programs 44445416
Temperature Settings 3233244
Venting TypeRear VentingFront VentingRear Venting
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJun 2015May 2015Apr 2010Jun 2018Jul 2019May 2007Jul 2018Jul 2019Apr 2018Apr 2019
Discontinuation dateJun 2017Apr 2017Jun 2014Jun 2018Jul 2019Apr 2009Aug 2018Aug 2019Apr 2018Apr 2019